PDA

View Full Version : Austin Croshere

Unclebuck
05-27-2004, 01:00 AM
I figure that Croshere deserves his own thread.

Before this series started I asked a list of questions, and one of the questions was, who will be a huge factor off the bench. Many of you including myself picked Croshere.

As many of you know I an a huge fan of Jeff Foster, but in this series, Croshere needs to play as many minutes as Jeff. It pains me to say that, and it is not a knock on Jeff, without him the Pistons now lead 3-0 in this series. Anbd there are times when the Pacers need Jeff's rebounding, and Cro was a nonfactor in the first two games.

One thing that I have noticed with Cro, he needs a little time on the court to get into the flow, he has to play a decent amount of minutes before he starts playing well.

Pacers need his outside shooting and his overall offensive game in this series if they are going to beat the Pistons.

Anyone else notice that Cro plays his best ball in the 4th quarters

TheSauceMaster
05-27-2004, 01:05 AM
I agree Austin is not the type of player that can come in and just explode , he needs alittle warming up due to lack of playing time I think. I also agree 4th qtrs seem to be Austin's strong quarters if he get's decent playing mins through out the game.

Austin defintely had some key play's tonight to help the Pacers keep it close and give us a chance , especially late in the game.

MagicRat
05-27-2004, 01:07 AM
Anyone else notice that Cro plays his best ball in the 4th quarters

There's no doubt in my mind that Austin is clutch.

I've posted this before at some point, but Austin is where he is with the contract he has by coming up big in big games.

He was drafted high because of a huge NCAA tournament. He has a huge contract because he came up big in the Finals.

Unfortunately he doesn't get a chance to show it often......

FireTheCoach
05-27-2004, 01:08 AM
"Awesome Croshere" is what I always say.....

:laugh:

bulletproof
05-27-2004, 01:11 AM
There's no doubt in my mind that Austin is clutch.

I've posted this before at some point, but Austin is where he is with the contract he has by coming up big in big games.

He was drafted high because of a huge NCAA tournament. He has a huge contract because he came up big in the Finals.

Unfortunately he doesn't get a chance to show it often......

Great avatar, MR. What's that from? High Plains Drifter?

pb777
05-27-2004, 01:12 AM
I'm gonna be honest, I was nervous as hell tongith when RC put Cro in. I expected Cro to throw bricks. But what I saw was Cro finally get into the rhythem of the game and make shots. His D was so-so, especially on Sheed, but we really needed his offense. I could not believe the guts of this guy when he drove the lane and pounded it home. As long as he gets a few mins on the court to get warmed up, I'm all for him in this series. I do think that when he is guarding Sheed and Sheed gets the ball in the post, someone should come with the double-team. JMO

Bball
05-27-2004, 01:17 AM
I'd rather see Cro in the game than Harrington. I'm not sure what that says about me or Harrington.

-Bball

pb777
05-27-2004, 01:18 AM
I'd rather see Cro in the game than Harrington. I'm not sure what that says about me or Harrington.

-Bball
I thought Al had a good game tonight. He was outscored the entire Pistons team in the secound Q, 10 to 9...

MagicRat
05-27-2004, 01:26 AM

Now that's disappointing..... :P

Josey Wales: Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Lone Watie: How'd you know which one was goin' to draw first?
Josie Wales: That fella on the far left; he had a flap holster and he was in no itchin' hurry. That second fella, he had scared eyes. But that fella in the middle; he had crazy eyes.
Lone Watie: What about that one on the far right?
Josie Wales: Never paid him no mind; you were there.
Lone Watie: I might have missed.

Shade
05-27-2004, 01:54 AM
Cro was awesome tonight, and Al was pretty damn good too. Of course, the refs couldn't have the Pacers actually win this game, so Austin fouls out on a BS call. :rolleyes:

Millerartest
05-27-2004, 05:07 AM
Only problem is Croshere needs work on his D. But excellent rebounding and offensive explosions. He has always been a guy who could step up when it counted, and surprising to most, didn't get his due when Carlisle came. When's the last time a Pacer took it to the rack and dunked like that in the playoffs in the last minute of a close game? I'd be tempted to say Reggie Miller against the Nets in 2002. It's about time he's getting the minutes. But what about JB? Why only 5 minutes?!?

indygeezer
05-27-2004, 07:33 AM
I about split a gut when (Doc?) said that Wallace was having trouble with Croshere's speed. AC has a good first step but that's it.

Crusher
05-27-2004, 08:12 AM
Foster has done a fine job on Rashweed this series. Croshere does okay with him. There's no way I'd take Cro over Foster, but he did finally give some decent minutes tonight. I've still never seen many players that get WIDE OPEN LOOKS at the 3 ball like Cro does. Obviously, few respect him from there. He's no more likely to hit a 3 when he's left open as he is when he's guarded.

His dunk was huge, maybe the best play of the 4th for the Pacers.

Here's a question: would you rather have seen more of Al in for Ron? Al does a good job on T. Prince.

Unclebuck
05-27-2004, 09:41 AM

Here's a question: would you rather have seen more of Al in for Ron? Al does a good job on T. Prince.

yes but Ron was defending Rip in this game

bulletproof
05-27-2004, 09:44 AM

Now that's disappointing..... :P

Josey Wales: Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Lone Watie: How'd you know which one was goin' to draw first?
Josie Wales: That fella on the far left; he had a flap holster and he was in no itchin' hurry. That second fella, he had scared eyes. But that fella in the middle; he had crazy eyes.
Lone Watie: What about that one on the far right?
Josie Wales: Never paid him no mind; you were there.
Lone Watie: I might have missed.

I don't remember the sky ever looking so blue in Josey Wales. It always seemed so grey to me.

TheSauceMaster
05-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Folks don't forget it was Austin's amazing Dunk that put us just 1 point behind the Pistons late in the 4th , some might argue or disagree with me but Austin Croshere could be a Starter on another team Easy IMHO.

sweabs
05-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Folks don't forget it was Austin's amazing Dunk that put us just 1 point behind the Pistons late in the 4th , some might argue or disagree with me but Austin Croshere could be a Starter on another team Easy IMHO.

I definitely agree with you there. I like the fact that Carlisle is giving him more PT - he is sure proving himself worthy. He is getting some great rebonds, along with making shots and driving to the hoop. Some encouraging stuff.

Tim
05-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Austin would be a fine player in a situation where he would get at least 25 minutes a game.

That isn't going to happen here.

indygeezer
05-27-2004, 05:45 PM
So? Are we all losing our avatars? Poor lil' old Elmer is gone <sniff> But that's ok, we can still put pix in our sig line evidently. <snif snif>

Arcadian
05-27-2004, 05:46 PM
I wanted Cro out on the floor. In this series I believe it is important that both our big men can score.

dryley
05-27-2004, 06:24 PM
In my opinion, Cro came out and played like Detroit was....and he fouled out in 20 minutes... I just don't get it!

Tom White
05-27-2004, 07:02 PM
Pacers need his outside shooting and his overall offensive game in this series if they are going to beat the Pistons.

You ARE talking about the Croshere that scored 6 points, including 2-7 from the field, in 21 minutes, right?

I'll give you that he rebounded well (getting 7), but I don't think his shooting was anything to write about.

Shade
05-27-2004, 07:04 PM
So? Are we all losing our avatars? Poor lil' old Elmer is gone <sniff> But that's ok, we can still put pix in our sig line evidently. <snif snif>

Nope, you just have to resize and upload avatars from your PC instead of linking off-site. :)

ABADays
05-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - ok?!? :whoknows:

Hicks
05-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - ok?!? :whoknows:

Read my post about Avatars and Signatures. In that thread is an explanation on how to add your avatar.

ABADays
05-27-2004, 10:09 PM
It is in English right?

Hicks
05-27-2004, 10:18 PM
It is in English right?

Sumerian.

ABADays
05-27-2004, 10:33 PM
It is in English right?

Sumerian.

Uhhhhh - might as well be.

Hicks
05-27-2004, 10:56 PM
It is in English right?

Sumerian.

Uhhhhh - might as well be.

Come on -- don't go "Old man" on me. :D Just go to the post I made about avatars, scroll down to where I explain it to indygeezer, that's a pretty clear explanation of how to do it. If you have any more questions, just ask them in that thread.

Unclebuck
05-30-2004, 12:02 AM
Interesting to read this now