PDA

View Full Version : UFOs?

LG33
08-28-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm not sure. I like to speculate though. I particularly like the idea of USOs - look it up!

Secondly, has anyone crazy seen one?

Gyron
08-28-2007, 10:38 PM
BOOOOO Private Poll!

FREE BTOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

campy
08-28-2007, 10:57 PM
In all honesty not all UFO'S are not of this world some are like you say Soviets, some American. Beings from not of this world are real and come around this planet all the time. I for one think that man is not actually a real creature of this planet but an alien, its self. One that moved here after losing a civil war on its own planet millions of years ago. Just my thoughts.

bellisimo
08-29-2007, 06:34 AM
we all would like to believe that we are not alone...
but I hate the concept that we are dumber than the aliens...
I think its mostly our imagination that creates these UFOs....

Slick Pinkham
08-29-2007, 12:32 PM
I for one think that man is not actually a real creature of this planet but an alien, its self. One that moved here after losing a civil war on its own planet millions of years ago. Just my thoughts.

The fossil record would seem to suggest that our ancient ancestors were more into building spear tips, trying to find enough to eat, and trying to keep fires lit than flying around the universe in spacecraft.

campy
08-29-2007, 01:08 PM
That could be true but the same guys who put those fossil record together also put together the Brontosaurus. Which we found out was not a real dinosaur. So ya, I personally am not a real fan of science because here in a couple of years what we think to be true will be false.

indygeezer
08-29-2007, 01:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTFXmRKC-so

Slick Pinkham
08-29-2007, 01:35 PM
That could be true but the same guys who put those fossil record together also put together the Brontosaurus. Which we found out was not a real dinosaur.

Where did you hear that?

The brontosaurus was renamed Apatosurus, since Apatosaurus was discovered first and it turned out on close examination that the skeleton called brontosauraus was actually the same species as Apatosarus.

http://www.usefultrivia.com/miscellaneous_trivia/dinosaur_trivia_005b.html

In 1877, a paleontologist named Othniel Charles Marsh (1831-1899) discovered a new species of dinosaur with he named Apatosaurus, meaning "deceptive lizard." Two years later, he discovered what he believed to be another species of dinosaur. He named this one Brontosaurus, meaning "thunder lizard." When later paleontologists examined the two fossils, however, they determined that both skeletons belonged to the same animal class, one being an adult and one being a juvenile. Since the Apatosaurus was discovered and named first, it became the official name. The Brontosaurus, however, had captured the imagination of the public and continued to be preferred by the general public. It was not until the 1980s, when the United States Post Office was taken to task by paleontologists for issuing a stamp depicting the creature and using the improper name, that people even began to be aware of the controversy. Since that time, most dinosaur literature has begun using the proper name Apatosaurus, often with a footnote that these massive dinosaurs used to be called "Brontosaurus."

You should take a trip out to Dinosaur National Monument in Western Colorado (nearthe Utah border). Look at all the fossils still embedded in an exposed rock shelf at the visitor's center. This is not make-believe, or Hollywood.

Doug
08-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Could be, could not be.

Space is really, really big. Likely lots of planets. Some that might be suitable for life to develop.

The bigger problem seems to be how to get here. That whole 'speed of light' thing puts a limit on how fast you can go places, not to mention the energy it takes to accelerate. Gotta take it with you or generate/collect/make it as you go.

Of course, somebody somewhere might have figured out FTL travel. Just 'cause we are too primitive to figure how how to do it, doesn't mean that it's impossible.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

Hicks
08-29-2007, 04:13 PM
I voted USA aircraft, and I think most or some are. But I also feel more so than not that probably some of them are not from here.

Arcadian
08-29-2007, 04:25 PM
UFOs are things moving in the sky, whose nature cannot be determined by the viewer.

cramerica
08-30-2007, 12:57 AM
I believe that there are aliens out there I just do not believe that they have made it to our planet yet. I also believe that there are other humans out there somewhere living in a world like ours.

JayRedd
08-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Trust no one.

indygeezer
08-30-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm sorry but The Prime Directive does not allow me to elaborate on this topic.

Spicoli
08-30-2007, 01:48 PM
I left a UFO in the toilet this morning. I don't know what the hell I ate.

Unidentified Floating Object.

Gyron
08-30-2007, 02:32 PM
When I saw Spicoli answered this topic, I just knew it was going to be some toilet humor.:eek:

Didn't disappoint as usual!:laugh: