PDA

View Full Version : "Biggest Loser" PD Edition ... WHO WANTS TO PLAY?

Los Angeles
08-20-2007, 02:11 PM
I've recently lost a little weight and I'm excited about that, but I need a little help reaching my goal weight. I got to thinking: maybe I could be more motivated if I were part of a contest or something.

Anyone else want to join in?

Here are some ground rules off the top of my head (this is up for discussion if anyone else has ideas):

10 dollar buy-in, winner take all, ties split winnings.
Set duration of time, maybe 3 months or something.
Weigh-in every week and post your progress (perhaps Mondays?)
Winners based on %, just like on the Biggest Loser TV show. Here's the formula: Beginning weight (-) Current weight (=) Weight loss (divided by) Beginning weight (=) Percentage of body weight lost.

Anyone want to get in shape with me?

Gyron
08-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Can we do it for like 5 months, I have alot of weight to lose.

I'd be interested.

bellisimo
08-20-2007, 02:24 PM
well i've been lookin' to drop some more weight lately...could be an interestin' idea - but i'm livin in Europe - how would the buy-in work?

and how can one trust the results or the scales to see if its proper?

Gyron
08-20-2007, 02:28 PM
I think we'd have to trust each other. And we'd take $10 Euros:) Oh wait, that doesn't compute huh?

Does paypal work in Euros? Maybe we could paypal the cahs if you win and it would translate it to Euros?

bellisimo
08-20-2007, 02:30 PM
meh its a hassle to deal with paypal...
i'll just tag along for the ride without any money and keep people posted. :)

Los Angeles
08-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Can we do it for like 5 months, I have alot of weight to lose.

I'd be interested.

I'm fine with a longer time-frame. Then again, we can have 3 month "rounds" where there is a new winner every few months.

And I agree with the "trust system". That's the only way this will really work.

Regarding scales, I suggest that everyone weigh themselves with the same scale throughout, and that you even weigh yourself at the same time of day. As you take in food and water and go to the bathroom, your weight can change dramatically throughout the day.

bellisimo, my wife and I have a business and you can give us a credit card to charge. The software accounts for currency exchange rates.

I thought of another rule: newcomers are always welcome throughout the contest, but the final weigh-in will remain the same.

- - - -

Let's start soon, I'm already losing weight and I don't want to lose the game because I "capped out". :)

Gyron
08-20-2007, 02:58 PM
3 month blocks is fine with me......

We should get started before the season starts because When the depression sets in on how bad the pacers might be this year, it could cause some weight gain.

Maybe we could start at the end of this week? If we get enough people. Even if not, I'll go against you LA just for the hell of it.

Los Angeles
08-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Let's have a "soft" start. By posting your weight here, you are declaring that you are "IN"

ROUND ONE FINAL WEIGH-IN: Monday, November 26 (the Monday AFTER Thanksgiving :devil: )

Here's my starting weight from this morning: 176.

Los Angeles
08-20-2007, 03:22 PM
By the way, the fact that I'm just trying to lose the final "tough ten" should make me easy pickens. I'm definitely not going to win because I already lost most of my weight.

Who wants to take my money?

Gyron
08-20-2007, 03:29 PM
I'll weigh in the morning for a good starting weight. I was 244 on Saturday Morning, but I'll weigh in tomorrow to get a true starting weight.

Shade
08-20-2007, 04:21 PM
If you had done this a couple years ago, I'd have cleaned up. :-p

Shade
08-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Btw, I think this is a great idea. You guys should definitely post pictures of your progress. It's a great motivator.

bellisimo
08-20-2007, 04:44 PM
If you had done this a couple years ago, I'd have cleaned up. :-p

maybe not :-p

2 years ago went down from 260 to 180...nowadays i'm 190...i'd like to get down to 180-175 again....

Gyron
08-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Sycamore Ken would have cleaned up on this competition as well.

bellisimo
08-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Sycamore Ken would have cleaned up on this competition as well.

ah yes...very true...think he lost like 90-100lbs

Los Angeles
08-20-2007, 06:11 PM
My inspiration was this: my sister did this with a bunch of friends and colleagues.

The winner was a 290 pound guy who lost something like 30 pounds. The runner up was a young woman who lost 9 pounds. She was already thin, she just wanted to "tone up" for spring break or something. That's the kind of numbers we're talking about in such a small time-frame.

Fair warning: one of the men didn't take too well to the exercise, so if you feel like you are *way* out of shape, know your limits and set small goals at first. And of course, don't hesitate to ask your doctor about what the best way to go about weight loss and exercise is.

Here's a recent picture of me.

<---

Natston
08-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Where do I join?

:fatbanana

Los Angeles
08-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Where do I join?

:fatbanana

Right here, just weigh yourself and post the result. That's the easy part.

Getting the numbers to go down as time goes on is the hard part. But once you "break in" your new habits, they are pretty easy to maintain. As long as they aren't too extreme, that is.

SycamoreKen
08-20-2007, 10:29 PM
I'll get in on this. I kind of fell of the wagon and put a few pounds back on. Not near what I was, but the clothes have gotten tight. I'll weigh in tomorrow.

brichard
08-20-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm not sure I want to play for money, but I'll participate in some form. It isn't so much the amount of money, I just don't want to screw with the hassle of paying anybody. :cool: My previous all time high weight was 220 which I set around 1996 years ago. I had then trimmed down to the 180's, but I hovered between 180-220. Over the past three years I have sailed way past that and got up to an unhealthy 247. Yikes... I just hate even typing it.

Anyway, my wife has lost 30 pounds and has been an inspiration to me to get back in the game. I tried losing earlier this year and while running injured my knee. However, it finally healed and I am taking an easier approach on my joints until I thin out a bit. I am on my third week of healthy eating and exercise and I've already dropped about 10 pounds. As of this morning I am officially 238.2 pounds.

I just received the Biggest Loser Cookbook, which I recommend, and I'm just trying to do what I always do when I eat healthy. More water/less soda, work out in the morning with a focus on cardio, don't eat 2 hours before bedtime, reduce portions, eat healthy snacks between meals, etc. I'm cross training for the first time in an attempt to save my knees. I'm alternating between walking on the treadmill, exercise bike, and the Ellipitcal. If all goes well I'd like to eventually start running again.

I wish I could tell you what has flipped the trigger for me this time, but I really feel like I am in the zone. Good luck to everybody else and let's encourage each other!

I'll be happy to post my progress every Monday.

Peace,
Brichard

LG33
08-20-2007, 11:19 PM
None of you can compete with JayRedd. He is the "Biggest Loser" on Pacers Digest without a doubt...What's that? Oh, weight loss. Well then, I dunno.

Erik
08-21-2007, 05:35 AM
i'm in at 263 lbs.

bellisimo
08-21-2007, 07:35 AM
at the end - we're all winners

damn that's so cheesy...

Mourning
08-21-2007, 08:17 AM
at the end - we're all winners

damn that's so cheesy...

Damn! That girlio in your avatar... now that's a WINNER!!! :drool:

bellisimo
08-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Damn! That girlio in your avatar... now that's a WINNER!!! :drool:

Megan Fox FTW! :D

Gyron
08-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Weighing in at 244.5 lbs.

Let's see how I do. My wife has lost alomst 50 lbs since having the baby last September, and I've tried working with what she does, but its not working for me at this point. Maybe this will.

btowncolt
08-21-2007, 11:33 AM
I call first dibs on the winner.

JayRedd
08-21-2007, 11:50 AM
None of you can compete with JayRedd. He is the "Biggest Loser" on Pacers Digest without a doubt...What's that? Oh, weight loss. Well then, I dunno.

You'll rue the day you crossed me, Trebek.

Gyron
08-21-2007, 11:56 AM
I call first dibs on the winner.
Welcome back Putz.

Did that little rainstorm Dean chase you out of your tropical paradise?:D

LG33
08-21-2007, 11:56 AM
xela kebert

Los Angeles
08-21-2007, 12:30 PM
I highly recommend a workout regimen. In order to lose weight by dieting alone, you basically have to starve yourself. It's just not sustainable in my experience.

Add a reduced diet to working out 4-5 times a week and the pounds fly off. Especially if you don't eat bread, pasta, rice or potatoes.

Another tip: sometimes weight loss results in a "stressed" immune system. It's common for people to get a cold in the first couple of weeks. The two easy ways to make sure this doesn't happen is to take a multi-vitamin every day and drink lots of water. *POOF* - problem gone.

btowncolt
08-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Welcome back Putz.

Did that little rainstorm Dean chase you out of your tropical paradise?:D

Nope, a week of perfect weather. Then a week in Indy.

Gained at least 10 pounds, though.

Gyron
08-21-2007, 01:26 PM
So post your weight, get started.

Gyron
08-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Oh yeah, I missed ya baby. Can you turn your webcam back on?

Slick Pinkham
08-21-2007, 01:40 PM
I've lost 31 pounds over the past 3 months and have much more to go.

Gyron
08-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Join up! More the merrier!

Eindar
08-21-2007, 01:58 PM
This blows. I've lost 67 pound in the last 6 months, and I've only got about 15 more to go before I'm "skinny". Regardless, I'll be rooting you all on, and giving tips to those who ask for help :)

btowncolt
08-21-2007, 04:09 PM
So post your weight, get started.

Nah, don't really have any significant weight loss goals. I've been lifting for long enough that I've changed much of my weight to muscle. Someone had to bring sexy/repulsive back.

bellisimo
08-21-2007, 04:11 PM
http://www.freetrainers.com/

if you haven't seen it - worth a look for sure :)

Los Angeles
08-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Pacertom and Eindar, it's only 10 bucks. if you only lose 15 pounds, you still have a shot at the prize.

Do it for the rest of us.

Please?

:sad:

:)

SycamoreKen
08-22-2007, 01:52 PM
I weighed in at 210. Still less than the 270+ I was a year and a half ago, but I want to get back down to 180-185. It is all around the middle.

Los Angeles
08-22-2007, 03:14 PM
!WOOT!

ABADays
08-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Upon arrival in Iraq - 210
Now - 158

Gyron
08-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Sweatin' to the oldies over there huh?

Los Angeles
08-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Holy smokes, ABA. :bow:

How did you do it? What are you eating? What physical activities are you doing?

ABADays
08-22-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm convinced it had to do with changing some eating habits. When I first got here I made absolutely sure I started eating breakfast to get my metabolism going. I always had fruit, Smart Start cereal and two V8's. I lost 32 pounds the first 4 1/2 months. Went from a size 40 pants to 35.

I started doing some light workouts. I do mean light because it's tough after working 12 hours every day and trying to get 8 hours sleep but I wear a size 32 pants now.

For the first time in a long, long time I have to watch it so I don't get too thin.

btowncolt
08-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Wow, good work ABA. I wouldn't recognize you at all now from the sound of it.

Eindar
08-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Pacertom and Eindar, it's only 10 bucks. if you only lose 15 pounds, you still have a shot at the prize.

Do it for the rest of us.

Please?

:sad:

:)

Let's decide on a method of payment, who holds the cash, etc. before I commit. I've got my eyes on an ipod nano and nike shox+, which I figure should be good for about 15 lbs worth of enjoyment :)

Los Angeles
08-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Any thoughts on how that could work?

I'm willing to be the "holder" if nobody else wants the responsibility.

Slick Pinkham
08-23-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm not really interested in winning any money, but just posting it could be a motivational tool.

I'll weigh in on Friday. I hate to weigh myself too often since you can get discouraged by random peak & valleys. Weekly weigh-ins is the way to go.

My only reservation is that if I post my weight then people will know what a lardbutt I am. But that is changing, gradually.

Cobol Sam
08-23-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm in for this thing.
193 pounds.

Gyron
08-23-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm a lard butt too Pacertom. Thats why we're trying this out.

I'll post my weight updates on Fridays too.

I'd be happy to send my money to whomever is holding it.

brich
08-23-2007, 11:09 AM
I am in...I am approximately 247 (like my twin brother brichard :) )

I will give you an official number this weekend...my Weight Watchers weigh in is Saturday morning. I was tracking downward for awhile...but have veered off badly these past few weeks. Looking forward to some added motivation.

btowncolt
08-23-2007, 11:29 AM
If anyone needs a good site to keep track of the exercise they've done, I use www.mapmyrun.com and it works really well for me.

ABADays
08-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Good luck to all of you. This is a really good thing.

Los Angeles
08-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Let's do it this way - We'll have two categories: "In It to Win It" and "Fantasy League".

I'm a betting man, so I'm going to lay $10 on the line and be in the first category. But I don't want to exclude anyone over a little bet, so for those of you that just want to use this thread as a motivator, PLEASE don't hesitate to post your starting wieght, results, thoughts, recipes, or whatever else you want here. You'll be tracked in the "Fantasy League" category. :cool:

I'm going to assume that everyone that has posted their weight is "in it to win it". If you would like to be a part of the Fantasy League instead, let me know no later than Monday, August 27, After that, you're locked in at $10.

Also, keep in mind that anyone can join the "In it to win it" group at any time, But your official starting wieght will be your weight the day you join "In It to Win It". (meaning if you lose twenty pound and THEN join the prize group, your 20 pounds won't count - hope this makes sense).

As usual, thoughts, ideas and comments are more than welcome.

Here are the competitors:

IN IT TO WIN IT:
Los Angeles - 176
Gyron - 244.5
Brich - Official Starting Weight Needed
Irk Woodsman - 263
SykamoreKen - 210
Cobol Sam - 193

FANTASY LEAGUE:
Brichard - Official Starting Weight Needed
Eindar - Official Starting Weight Needed
Pacertom - Official Starting Weight Needed
bellisimo - Official Starting Weight Needed

Gyron
08-23-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm in it to win it!

bellisimo
08-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Fantasy league - weigh in - 86kg = 189lbs

brichard
08-23-2007, 08:31 PM
I only weigh once per week. On Monday it was 238.2. I will have another total on Monday.

Los Angeles
08-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Brichard, last Monday's total is fine.

Starting weigh-ins:

IN IT TO WIN IT:
Los Angeles - 176
Gyron - 244.5
Brich - Official Starting Weight Needed
Irk Woodsman - 263
SycamoreKen - 210
Cobol Sam - 193

FANTASY LEAGUE:
Brichard - 238.2
Eindar - 195
Pacertom - Official Starting Weight Needed
bellisimo - 189

Anyone else want to join up?

Fool
08-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Good luck everyone. I've been checking this thread often and hope you all stick with your routines.

Eindar
08-23-2007, 11:21 PM
195for my starting weight, fantasy league, of course

Slick Pinkham
08-24-2007, 08:33 AM
OK, count me in as all in, or "it to win it". Hopefully at some point I can post a before and after pic. Here goes...

Weight on 8/24/07 (today): 298.5 lb.

Other stats
Beginning of weight loss: 5/18/07
Initial weight: 330.5
Total weight lost: 32 lb.
Time: 14 weeks (2.3 lb./week)

Hopefully I can keep it up or accelerate. The first 15 pounds came off a lot faster than the next 15, at at least 3 lb/week. I think that the body has some dastardly mechanisms to slow down your metabolism after you have lost >10 lb., making it necessary to exercise more but at the same time making you more tired and less eager to exercise. Lately a pound or pound and a half a week has been about all that I can muster, but maybe this can motivate me a little more.

Gyron
08-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Ok, first week's weigh in.

I am now at 243.5.

One pound down, about 40 to go....

This week, I started eating lunches I brought to work everyday instead of going out, eating more fruit. For lunches, I had whole wheat wrap with low sodium turkey or low sodium chicken and low fat swiss cheese with mustard as the condiment. That should be easier on the wallet as well.

I also am trying to fit in small snacks throughout the day.

I have not had the time to start excersing yet, but that will start this weekend. I've decided to start taking a walk with my son every night for a beginning.

bellisimo
08-24-2007, 08:55 AM
this past week I've basically cut the snacking - lately I've been eating just for the sake of doing something - which is a big NO NO...and I feel good about it...

gone back to my usual small breakfast - no lunch - regular dinner plan...hopefully this will be the motivation to keep me stickin' to it...

Erik
08-26-2007, 07:03 PM
well, this thread gave me good motivation and i did pretty good last week. i didn't do so good this weekend. colt's games are gonna be tough for me, it's hard to behave before/during/after colt's games but.....i'm in it to win it.

Natston
08-27-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm in to win it...

Start - 269

bellisimo
08-27-2007, 10:54 AM
I kinda realized that as the weights go down - the money in my pocket doesn't vanish - damn never realized junk food was a pocket burner

brich
08-27-2007, 12:34 PM
I am in it at 243 starting weight.

I am off to a good start so far, although it is hard to get to excited about a couple of days :)

I have been doing Weight Watchers off and on over the past few years, and when I journal/follow the program...it works. What I am trying to do this go around is to customize my diet a little better. Weight Watchers allows you to basically eat whatever you want, as long as you stay with in your points range. Points are calculated based on food/fat/calorie values of food. They recommend you eat 4 servings fruits/vegetables, drink lots of water, and have at least two dairy sources. It sounds complicated, but it isn't that bad. It is kind of like counting calories. It is a pain to crunch numbers at first, but after awhile, you realize you tend to eat the same stuff so you know what is what.

The only problem that I see is that even though I am sticking to the program, I still have too many processed carbohydrates and not enough protien in my diet. There is nothing wrong with baked lays, those 100 cal snacks, etc. (IMO) as long as it is a very small part of your diet...I just eat too much of that stuff. I am also not necessarily a "high protein" guy, but I do believe it holds you a little better, so if you are looking to lose weight it is helpful to increase it in the mix of what you eat.

I am also going to start excercising. I did the treadmill on Saturday, and my goal is to do that at least 5 days a week, and I will build in some minor strenght training after I get that going. I know both are important, but one day at a time here. : )

So this is my targeted plan:

1) Keep using Weight Watchers...attend meetings.
2) Less processed carbs...more whole grains/lean or dairy sources of protein.
3) Incorporate cardio program immediately, strength training mid-term.

Los Angeles
08-27-2007, 02:21 PM
I'll compile a new list of competitors with the new posted results. If you've posted two weigh-ins, I'll start calculating your percentages.

I'm in Vegas and MAN OH MAN it is REALLY hard to keep the pounds off here.

I'm sticking with protein, fruit and vegtables as best as I can. When I have a coctail, it's mostly vodka tonics or gin and tonics (very few calories in those relative to other mixed drinks and/or beer).

There are no scales here, so I have to weigh in when I get back home.

Keep it up - I mean - down!

brichard
08-27-2007, 07:41 PM
235.8 Weigh in this morning.

Steady as she goes...

I weigh in before I work out, but I've got a good start to the week. I did the elliptical machine for 30 minutes and I tend to do about 15 minutes of weight training everyday I work out... like today. My wife and I then went to McCloud Park in Hendricks county and did some trails. Today is our 13th Wedding Anniversary, so we decided to get out and hike without the kids.

I just completed my third week of healthy eating/exercise, so that is good news for me. They say it takes 21 days to make a habit and I really feel like I am in the "healthy living zone."

Good luck to everybody!

brichard
08-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Any other weekly weigh ins?

bellisimo
08-29-2007, 06:31 AM
Any other weekly weigh ins?

my weigh ins are on Thursdays...I don't think I lost anything...parents sent some home cookin' all the way from Turkey - its been hard...:blush:

Gyron
08-29-2007, 07:18 AM
I weigh in on FridaysBeen a tough week though. We'll see...

Natston
08-29-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm starting to get my diet in-line (calorie wise), but I have yet to exercise...

brich
08-29-2007, 04:30 PM
I weigh in on Saturday mornings. I have stayed within my diet all week. I did have a little left over pizza last night (not much piece and a half), but stayed within my calorie range. I am just trying to minimize that kind of food. I have done OK, but I could do better on the excercise front. I walked 14 flights of stairs yesterday, and I have done the treadmill twice since Saturday. If I keep up doing the treadmill every day until Saturday, then I will be happy.

Shade
08-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Holy cow, ABA, can't wait for you to make another forum party so Peck and co. will have a new guy to pick on. :devil:

Seriously, though, great job! :thumbsup:

Have you had any trouble losing the belly fat? That's where I keep getting stuck. Stupid genetics. :mad:

ABADays
08-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Holy cow, ABA, can't wait for you to make another forum party so Peck and co. will have a new guy to pick on. :devil:

Seriously, though, great job! :thumbsup:

Have you had any trouble losing the belly fat? That's where I keep getting stuck. Stupid genetics. :mad:

Thanks. No. I need to tone it up but it's not a problem.

I can't wait to get back for some of the get togethers. I'm sure Donatos (4 blocks from my home) will reverse the trend.

Eindar
08-30-2007, 11:59 PM
As of today, I'm 193. I started running more regularly, and I'm trying to cut back further on sugar, but I never go above 2000 calories, so I don't know if there's too much I can do! I think it comes off quick until you're within about 10% of ideal weight, then it becomes much tougher, even with proper diet and exercise.

I'm highly recommending California Rolls as a nice eat-out treat. ~600 calories for 3 rolls, usually keeps me full for 4-5 hours, and the imitation crab and avocado are high in omega 3 acids while also being low in saturated fat, and the rice, I'm hearing, can actually speed up your metabolism. I haven't seen a study quoted, but I always seem to lose better when I get sushi about once per week.

Oh, and stay the hell away from Chinese at all costs! You'd be better off eating a Big Mac and fries.

Slick Pinkham
08-31-2007, 08:30 AM
one week, exactly 3 pounds lost.

so far, so good

bellisimo
08-31-2007, 08:33 AM
week 1 weigh in - 86 kg = same as initial weigh in....

Gyron
08-31-2007, 09:48 AM
Weigh in....243.5 no weight lost this week:(

Didn't get the excerise in I wanted to. Ate a little too much a couple days as well.

I will try to refocus again over the weekend.

Darn it....

Los Angeles
08-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Weigh in - 174.

I felt great the first half of this week, but as the week in Vegas dragged on, I cheated more and more.

Time to kick this thing up.

brichard
09-03-2007, 09:21 AM

Another couple o' pounds... on the way!

bellisimo
09-03-2007, 09:27 AM
would be nice to have a chart or a list of all the results :)

Cobol Sam
09-03-2007, 11:55 AM

brich
09-04-2007, 09:30 AM
244...ughh...up a pound. The week before the contest started I was down quite a bit. Some weeks you get rewarded for no reason, and sometimes you get punished for no reason. This was the latter. I am going to keep my head up and keep rolling. I have done the treadmill the last couple of day, took the dog for a walk one evening, and have been busy doing yard work around the house. I am trying to stay more active and am trying to spend less time in front of the television.

Gyron
09-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Bad weekend for me. Wife and I went to a wedding in asheville, Left the kiddie with the baby sitter had lots of fun, and did LOTS of drinking....
Hopefully, I can get back on track today, and start walking etc.

SycamoreKen
09-04-2007, 11:22 PM
i weighed this morning and am still at 210. I need to get off my lazy butt.

brichard
09-10-2007, 05:28 AM
238.2. Start Weight
235.8 Week 1
233.8 Week 2
232.0 Today

Another 1.8 pounds down... Woo Hoo!

bellisimo
09-10-2007, 07:22 AM
still at 86kg...

shouldnt be happy that i'm not doing anything to change it....
urgh

Gyron
09-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Forgot to post my weigh in on Friday. I went the wrong way last week.

245.5 was my weigh in.

Although Starting last wenesday, We started walking everynight. About 2 miles. Just got get the eating under control. Hopefully, I'll be much better this week.

I know saturday morning, I had dropped some of that I had gained by freiday. So we'll see how I do at the end of the week. Also ate a lot of salads this weekend and not so much going out to eat. That should be a benefit.

Los Angeles
09-10-2007, 11:23 AM

Meh.

I injured my hip surfing, so I'm not getting the exercise that I was before. Need to figure out a solution to that.

Slick Pinkham
09-10-2007, 12:01 PM
week 2 was not so good in the weight loss department. I had a birthday, and my son had a birthday, so two cakes, pizza for his party, buffet Chinese restaurant on my birthday, very lttle exercise...

start: 298.5
after week 1: 295.5
after week 2: 296.5

:mad:

brich
09-10-2007, 10:05 PM
244.5...up 1/2 pound...I am having some really good days, but I have been ruining it with a few disastrous evenings.

The positive is that I have been using the treadmill regularly. I have a weight loss program on my treadmill at home. It is 30 minutes, and is pretty simplistic. 4 minutes flat, 4 minutes at 10% incline. I have been doing it at least 5 times a week. I have also been walking the dog most evenings, and I started some basic circuit training at home. I am wicked sore from that. I did lunges, which I hate, but they are great for the legs. I was pretty sore, but I am trying to ease into the strength building.

I have also been trying quite a few recipes out of the Biggest Loser Cookbook. I am trying to basically find some low calorie versions of foods I like.

My big challenge is going to be this coming weekend. I am headed to Chicago to visit a friend. I am going to shoot for quality over quantity with food and drink in an effort to keep things in check.

Eindar
09-11-2007, 04:41 AM
I'm back up to 195, due to some very poor eating and a keg party last weekend. I've got three weeks to really crank up the exercise and eating habits, because I work weekends, and that means no parties, which means no beer and late night Rallys runs :)

Slick Pinkham
09-17-2007, 08:50 AM
much better 3rd week:

start: 298.5
after week 3: 293.5

bellisimo
09-17-2007, 09:01 AM
start of weight - 86kg
week 1 - 86 kg
week 2 - 86 kg
week 3 - 86kg

at least i'm consistent? :S

btowncolt
09-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Go to law school. You'll forget to eat because you don't have time any more. Or you'll sneak into the South Asian GLBT Student Association because you heard they had free pizza.

Gyron
09-17-2007, 01:53 PM
I wieghed in at 244.5 on Friday, but Im vacation with my brother whos home on a break from Iraq, so I'm sure the liquor and food is gonna hurt this week, back on trakc next week.

brichard
09-17-2007, 09:07 PM
235.8 Week 1
233.8 Week 2
232.0 Week 3
230.0 Week 4

I dropped 2 even pounds this week. It is so funny how steady my drops are (2 pounds per week) when I am eating and exercising well. I am sure I will hit that plateau though.

I'm excited thinking about getting under 220... which is still some time away. That is when I'll be able to start wearing some clothes I haven't worn in a long, long time. I refuse to spend much money on my clothes when I gain weight b/c I always plan on dropping the weight.

Ah well... hope and pray I stay strong another week.

Cheers,
Brichard

Los Angeles
09-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Los Angeles weigh-in: 173.8 :unimpress

brichard, in my experience, and from talking to others, I hear the plateau doesn't really hit until you're under 200.

plus, 8 pounds a month doesn't sound like a lot until you do some math.

8 lbs/mo X 6 mos = 48 lbs. :-o

That's only half a year to lose a decade's worth of gain. :thumbup:

Erik
09-18-2007, 05:25 AM
sorry i havent checked in, alot of family stuff going on. 255 this week.

brichard
09-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Los Angeles weigh-in: 173.8 :unimpress

brichard, in my experience, and from talking to others, I hear the plateau doesn't really hit until you're under 200.

plus, 8 pounds a month doesn't sound like a lot until you do some math.

8 lbs/mo X 6 mos = 48 lbs. :-o

That's only half a year to lose a decade's worth of gain. :thumbup:

Yeah... I think that is pretty accurate to my past experience as well... but I can't remember. In about 1998-1999 I dropped from 220 to 185... or something like that. It has by far been my largest weight loss. I know I hit plateaus, I just can't remember when. But it was probably towards the end as I remember those last pounds to be the tougher pounds.

I've also heard it is more difficult as you get older, and I'm assuming it will be more difficult at 37 than it was back then. But so far... so good!

Gyron
09-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Well, all that drinking and eating had an impact(Thanks Jay!). The weigh in this mornign was not pretty.

Now I have to go work my *** off to catch up with some of you that are actually sticking to the plan.

We will start walking again tonight. The only walking I did while I was down there was on the baech for about 20 minutes and when inthe Casino from Machine to machine loosing my ***. Too bad it was just my wallet getting lighter instead of my actual ***.

Natston
09-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Eh, I haven't done anything at all. This weekend doesn't look good at all sincve my sister is gettin' hitched...

Naptown_Seth
09-24-2007, 02:11 AM
I was already on my diet long before this started, but just as a show of solidarity with everyone else I'll mention that I dropped 20 pounds the first 3 months and then another 15 so far in the 2nd 3.

Started April 2 at 195, now at 160, 18% of original weight. About 5 more to go. Low carb, moderate exercise (push ups, dumbell work, light running). First month sucked but after my wife and I got used to things it got a lot easier.

I have no pants that fit, the one drawback to the whole thing. Lots of belt time now, probably 3-4 inches off the waist. On the other hand some shirts that were too small fit great again.

I've hit plateaus several times. Around 178, around 172, around 164...stuck for maybe 1-2 weeks, then suddenly a few pounds down in a few days. Many times I wanted to give up because of it. A couple of times I did a carb splurge (like popcorn at the movies) and then got right back on track, seemed to kick the stall a little bit though I can't be certain that it worked that way.

btowncolt
09-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Out of mild curiosity, how tall are some of you? If I got to the weight Naptown is at now, I'd be hospitalized for malnutrition. But he's making me feel like a fatty.

Gyron
09-24-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm 5' 10.5"

And I would be hospitalized for malnutrition if I was at Seth's weight.

At my peak physical condition coming out of the army with very little if any fat on my body, I was 182.

btowncolt
09-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Ah, I'm 6'3 so Nap's weight terrified me.

Los Angeles
09-24-2007, 12:44 PM
5'7"

At my height, I'm considered overwieght over 155. But that's if you actually believe the BMI scale, which has been roundly rejected by most doctors and nutritionists because it doesn't account for muscle mass.

On a side note, my current rut is directly related to my inability to exercise without serious back and hip pain.

After mucho research, and two trips to the chiropractor, I've found the culprit: piriformis syndrome. Meaning there's a tiny muscle under your *** that presses against your sciatic nerve. In my case, the muscle is locked up and swollen, and all my other muscles are overcompensating throwing my back and hip out. Just taking a step with my right foot causes a sharp pain. and sometimes the swollen muscle piches my sciatic nerve causing my entire leg to go numb.

Kids, you don't want this. Make sure you stretch your piriformis and glutes before excercising.

Gyron
09-24-2007, 12:52 PM
I don't know where my piriformis is(if its under my ***), but I bet stretching it is interesting.

Sounds like something Btown may be into more than I.......

brichard
09-24-2007, 08:13 PM
233.8 Week 2
232.0 Week 3
230.0 Week 4
229.6 Week 5

I only dropped .4 pounds and I won't lie to you, I'm pretty pi$$ed about it. I did have one evening where I had three slices of Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza and a few handfuls of nuts. But I must tell you that one meal should not screw me for the entire week... unless I'm going buffet or something.

I had to post about plateaus last week didn't I? :cool: I am hoping that is what I ran into. B/c the day after I ate pizza I only had some beef jerky for lunch and I did a double workout that night. On the shiny side, at least I can say I am in the 220's... even if it means barely in the 220's.

I upped my Elipitical workout from "Fat Burn" to "Cardio" last week. I'm looking at starting to add to my treadmill intensity and exercise bike as well. I'd like to be running.... even at a slow 6.5 mph when I get to 220. So, I might as well start ramping that way.

For the other conversation, I am about 5' 10". I honestly don't know how low I can go, but in the 180's would tickle me pink. I do think that the 170's is possible, but that would probably be my limit. I wrestled 160 in high school... and it was the best shape of my life. I just think my 175 football weight is more doable.

indyman37
09-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Out of mild curiosity, how tall are some of you? If I got to the weight Naptown is at now, I'd be hospitalized for malnutrition. But he's making me feel like a fatty.
haha. i know i'm not doing this whole dropping weight thing, but you wouldn't believe the reactions i get when i tell people that im 5'11 and like 135-140 lbs tops.

brich
09-24-2007, 10:11 PM
I didn't weigh in two weeks ago as I was in Chicago vacationing for a few days. I weighed in at 244 over the weekend. Last time I weighed in I was technically 244.8...although I mistyped 244.5...I lost the .8 and am back to 244. Net, I am still up one pound (sadly) from where I started this thing, but I am finally in a zone. I started a weight loss contest at work, and I have kicked up the excercise. I am doing some kind of excercise every single day, and I have tightened up my calorie intake.

If I stay on course...I should drop a couple this week and hopefully be officially headed in the right direction.

travmil
09-24-2007, 10:31 PM
When the second round of this starts I want in. So if I read correctly the weigh in for this round is Nov 26th? So does the next round start right after that or will there be a break?

brich
09-30-2007, 10:39 PM
I weighed in at 242.2...that is 1.8 down versus last week, and net since the beginning of this contest (including starting off taking a few steps backwards)...I am down .8. I am not doing backflips, butI have lost 2.6 lbs in the last two weeks...and I have been busting my butt working out. I have a short term goal of getting to 230...and a mid-term goal of getting to 220. I am on the verge of breaking into the 230's...just need another good week to keep my momentum going.

Los Angeles
09-30-2007, 10:42 PM

I'm looking forward to returning to surfing this week.

brichard
10-01-2007, 05:29 AM
235.8 Week 1
233.8 Week 2
232.0 Week 3
230.0 Week 4
229.6 Week 5
224.4 Week 6

A drop of 5.2 pounds! :woot:

Well to answer my question... I either must have hit a plateau or been full of sodium last week when I weighed in. Once I get below 220 I will really feel like the real weight loss will begin.

This doesn't count for the PD portion, but when I originally started losing weight I was 248. With a total net loss of 23.6 pounds, lots of folks are starting to notice. I'm wearing a suit I haven't worn in over 2 years as 2 suits no longer fit me and are in need of alterations.

bellisimo
10-01-2007, 06:29 AM

6'2

Slick Pinkham
10-01-2007, 11:28 AM
the last two weeks have been flat. :mad:

start of diet in May: 331 :blush:
start of log here at PD last week of August: 298.5
after week 4: 295
after week 5: 294

I need to focus more-- to many late-night cravings/snackings and too much giving in to a convenient fast-food run.

Slick Pinkham
10-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Today there is an interesting Boston Globe article describing the complex ways your body tries to scuttle a diet:

http://www.boston.com/yourlife/health/articles/2007/10/01/let_the_post_diet_era_begin/?page=full

Let the post-diet era begin
By Judy Foreman | October 1, 2007

Is permanent, significant weight loss really possible?

If you're talking merely 10 to 20 pounds - and nobody knows the actual figure - you probably can diet and exercise your way to a svelter self and stay there, provided you stick with your weight control program rigorously. Forever.

But if you're among the two-thirds of adult Americans who are overweight or obese, permanent, substantial weight loss appears to be almost impossible by diet and exercise alone.

Only about 1 to 2 percent of obese people can permanently lose weight through diet and exercise alone, said Dr. Lee Kaplan , director of the weight center at Massachusetts General Hospital.

"Dieting is like holding your breath," he said. "You can do it, but not for long. Your body is stronger than your willpower."

In other words, Americans have probably wasted way too much time, money, and hope on diet programs that don't help enough. It still makes sense, however, to eat as healthily as you can and to do whatever you can to avoid gaining any more weight.

One famous study conducted at the University of Minnesota during World War II illustrates the ineffectiveness of severe dieting. The researchers put 36 physically and emotionally healthy young men of normal weight on a strict diet, allowing them only half the calories they were used to. The men lost weight, but became psychological wrecks, obsessing about food, bingeing, and, even after the diet was over, eating way too much, often 8,000 to 10,000 calories a day until they regained the weight, recounted New York Times science writer Gina Kolata in her recent book, "Re-thinking Thin."

In another classic study in the 1950s, researchers at Rockefeller University in New York City recruited obese people who were so desperate to lose weight that they agreed to live in the hospital for eight months, including a four-month period in which they subsisted on only 600 calories a day of liquid formula. They lost weight, Kolata noted. But, to the dismay of subjects and researchers, they all quickly regained the weight.

That's because the basic biochemistry of the body's weight management system can work against even highly motivated dieters.

When a very fat person loses a lot of weight by diet and exercise, the brain goes into panic mode, reading a complex array of chemical signals as proof of impending starvation. Metabolism slows. The body hangs on to every calorie it can get. The chemical signals that trigger appetite soar, creating a drive to eat so powerful you can't resist. From the standpoint of evolution, this makes sense: Our DNA was built when we were hunter-gatherers to protect us against starvation, not obesity.

Consider one of the best-studied weight control hormones, leptin, which is made in fat cells and is designed to tell the brain: "Stop eating. I'm full."

"Obese people usually have high levels of leptin because they have so many fat cells making it," said Dr. Eleftheria Maratos-Flier, an obesity researcher and associate professor of medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. "The heavier you are, the higher the circulating leptin." In theory, being fat should mean that the brain would be flooded with "stop eating" signals.

But when people go on severe diets, "they lose more leptin than you would expect. So the brain thinks there is less fat than there ought to be," which makes people eat more, she said.

And leptin is just one of many hormones involved in weight control. "In the stomach and intestines alone," Kaplan said, "there are 36 hormones that regulate weight, and another 30 in the brain. The end result of all these chemicals is to keep our energy stores, that is, fat, in balance."

Put differently, some researchers believe that one reason weight loss programs ultimately fail is that diet and exercise do not change the body's "set point," the thermostat-like mechanism in the hypothalamus and other parts of the brain that keep weight fairly constant.

Dr. David Heber, director of the UCLA Center for Human Nutrition, is more optimistic about the effectiveness of dieting. "The set point can be changed. Yes, there are signals to eat and to hoard fat, but having said that, humans do adapt to starvation and do change," he said. While the hormones that control appetite and satiety do tilt the equation toward regaining lost weight, "psychology trumps physiology. I see people every day who have overcome their genes and kept their excess weight off for decades."

Many researchers do agree that one weight loss strategy does seem to change the set point - bariatric surgery, the stomach-stapling procedure. Doctors used to think it worked by simply reducing the size of the stomach, preventing people from eating much. Now, they think it works because, with less stomach tissue pumping out hormones such as ghrelin, which stimulates appetite, a person's appetite and satiety signals may be altered to help them eat less.

So if dieting sets up a battle between our free will and our hormones, are America's fat masses wasting their time desperately trying to lose weight?

To some, including the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance, a civil rights organization that is fighting discrimination against fat people, all this suggests not so much a hopeless message as a liberating one. "Most people do not choose to be fat," said the group spokeswoman, Peggy Howell. "But once people are fat, it is next to impossible to change that. It's far healthier to accept who you are and get on with your life than to be obsessed with what goes into your mouth."

That makes a lot of sense to me, though I resist the idea that our genes are the big culprits because we have basically the same genes today that our skinnier grandparents had. What's changed is our lifestyles - more sitting around eating Twinkies, less walking to and from daily activities.

So, here's my take. Because of the body's complex biochemistry, it's very difficult to lose weight once you gain it. So, exercise as much as you can - for general health, in addition to weight control. Eat right - fewer refined carbs, more fruits and veggies - again, for general health. If you're fat, don't just blame your genes and let yourself get fatter and fatter.

At the same time, be gentle with yourself, and with fat people you see.

Gyron
10-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Sorry I haven't wieghed in the last two weeks guys. Actually I did weigh, but haven't been very active on the net for the past week due to work and travel.

I am now back down to 243.5 So back at my starting weight.

Looks like Brichard has got a huge lead on us so far. Great job!

Gonna have to ramp up my efforts.

brichard
10-09-2007, 11:03 PM
235.8 Week 1
233.8 Week 2
232.0 Week 3
230.0 Week 4
229.6 Week 5
224.4 Week 6
223.2 Week 7

I dropped another 1.2 when I weighed in yesterday. Last night wasn't a great night for me as it was the first time I felt like I overdid the night snacking thing in a long time.

My morning workouts have been down as I have been studying for my Realtor license tests. I am going to IU's Homecoming a week from Saturday, and I really hope to be at 220 or below for that event. So, I'm going to try to use that for motivation for the rest of the week.

Los Angeles
10-10-2007, 03:11 AM
I admit it, I gave up for a week or so and ate nothing but crap.

But today was my first day back in the water, and I am IN IT TO WIN IT!

I'll weigh in tomorrow morning.

btowncolt
10-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Just lost 3 pounds on the can.

Slick Pinkham
10-10-2007, 12:54 PM
congrats btown.

I set a record in that department too. A "5-flusher".

It's a good thing that it happened at work wher they have the industrial plumbing. The pipes at home might not have handled it.

brich
10-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Here are my anemic efforts so far:

Week 1: 243
Week 2: 244
Week 3: 244.8
Week 4: Did not weigh
Week 5: 244
Week 6: 242.2
Week 7: 241.4

I am sadly only 1.6 down from when I started this thing...but at least I have been headed in the right direction, all be it slowly, the last few weeks. I am usually rock solid for most of the week, but then a couple of bad days kill me. I have been working out on a regular basis for the first time in years though, and although I don't see all of the results on the scales, I am definitely getting stronger, and I feel better.

I will keep cranking, and hopefully I will see some better results. I never thought I would be happy to just get to the 230's, but getting there will be something at least.

Slick Pinkham
10-12-2007, 08:37 AM
maybe I have finally gotten off an extended "plateau" where I could no longer lose any weight.

start of diet in May: 331
start of log here at PD last week of August: 298.5
after week 4: 295
after week 5: 294
after week 6: 293.5
after week 7: 291.5

total lost since May: 39.5 lbs.
total lost in the last 7 weeks: 7 lbs.

Dang, I need to step it up.

Los Angeles
10-12-2007, 01:54 PM

And my back is still killing me ... hard to lose wieght when you can't exercise much.

Eindar
10-12-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm at 189 today, down fromt he original 195, which is decent considering how much I've lost. I'm now running 3 miles about 3 times per week, and keeping my calorie intake between 1600-1900 whenever possible.

As for that article on the page before this one, it's got some good information, but it's also got a lot of crap. The truth, which is proven in those studies, is that you can't "starve" yourself skinny. Those diets will always fail, no matter what your genetic makeup, because indeed, your willpower isn't nearly as strong as your instincts. But if you make conscious choices about increasing your intake of fiber, vegetables, fruits, and lean meat, and reducing your intake of empty calories that spike your blood sugar like High Fructose Corn Syrup, potatoes, and Wonder Bread, along with a small amount of exercise, even walking a mile three times per week, you will lose weight. When I started my weight loss, one thing I did that worked pretty well is pretty simple portion control, and I'll describe it in the next paragraph.

The first thing is never wait till you are starving to eat. If you feel yourself getting hungry, go ahead and eat. When you do eat, take about half the portion that you would usually take and eat it. Wait 20 minutes. This is part of the reason you don't want to starve yourself, because it makes that waiting period much tougher. After 20 minutes, your body will have fully realized how much food you put in. If you're comfortable (not stuffed), great, you just cut your calorie intake in half. If you're still a little hungry, go back for 25% more of that meal. Wait another 20 minutes. I can almost guarantee that for most people, this system will work in keeping them feeling satisfied while also reducing their calorie intake. People get fat because they run around all day without eating, then are so starved that they feel like they're going to die, so they stop off at McDonalds because they can't wait to get home. Then, everything looks so good, they have the Big Mac, a fry, and a coke, and all of a sudden, they've eaten 1200 calories in one meal. If you don't drink pop and you put yourself on some portion control, 1200 calories in one sitting is almost impossible at home unless you're eating out of a can of frosting. :)

The real key, I think, is finding something that works for you. Don't like grapefruit? Don't eat it! But make sure you substitute what you don't like with something you do that is roughly as healthy. Don't substitute the grapefruit for 5 cookies, for instance, eat some grapes instead :)

Gyron
10-15-2007, 09:37 AM
I weighed in on Friday, it wasn't pretty. I am at 246, I went back up.

I'm gonna start walking with my wife again this week. She's continuing to drop weight, but I have been hovering and see sawing. I've been cheating too much.

She's dropped over 40 lbs this year. For the year, I'm down about 10. I need to drop about 50.

I have only myself to blame. I've got to get better.

brichard
10-16-2007, 04:34 PM
235.8 Week 1
233.8 Week 2
232.0 Week 3
230.0 Week 4
229.6 Week 5
224.4 Week 6
223.2 Week 7
221.4 Week 8

Only 1.4 pounds away from 220, which will be a big mark for me. I've started to increase my running. I am running 2 miles and walking one mile 3 days a week, and the other days I'm trying to walk a couple of miles, do the bike, or elliptical.

2 sets of 10 at 200 lbs. is also one of my strength goals. I did 1 set of 10 and 1 set of 7 or 8 last week... so getting closer there too. I actually just slid in to some of my larger fitting 38 inch waist pants. I've got to wash them b/c they have such awful hanger marks from sitting in my closet for so long. Just got 2 altered suits back in... feeling good about my progress, but a long way to go yet.

brichard
10-24-2007, 11:21 PM
235.8 Week 1
233.8 Week 2
232.0 Week 3
230.0 Week 4
229.6 Week 5
224.4 Week 6
223.2 Week 7
221.4 Week 8
222.8 Week 9

I actually went up about a pound and a half, but I actually felt pretty good about since I tailgated all weekend. I'm not jaded, but even going off the wagon for one little weekend makes it tough to get back in the game.

But... I'm back in! I am now jogging about 25 minutes 3 times a week, and I am hoping to be at 220 Monday.

Gyron
10-25-2007, 09:07 AM
I forgot I weighed in last Friday and forgot to post. I was at 245, so down one lbs from the week before.

I'll weigh in again tomorrow. I know I have no chance at winning this round, but my money is in and I'm still gonna continue to participate.

brichard
10-29-2007, 01:11 PM
235.8 Week 1
233.8 Week 2
232.0 Week 3
230.0 Week 4
229.6 Week 5
224.4 Week 6
223.2 Week 7
221.4 Week 8
222.8 Week 9
219.2 Week 10

Well, this is a big week for me. This is the first time I have been under 220 for quite some time, and every pound I lose now I'll truly feel like I'm getting back to where I need to be.

I will ramp up to 30 minutes of jogging on my run days this week, and I need to find a way to get back in the gym for lifting weights. I'm working my day job and working on getting my Real Estate license, so that has kept me pretty busy.

Gyron
10-29-2007, 01:15 PM
247 on Friday. I need to execrcise. I've done absolutely none in more than a week.

Naptown_Seth
11-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Brichard, your progress line looks a lot like how mine went. Steady, couple of weeks that hovered, sometimes a 5 pound jump in just a few days.

I'm really almost at the end of my run but still sticking with it. I found that as I had some success I wanted to alter my goals for things that were more aggressive than before.

Always getting back on the scale, that's helped keep me honest. Every cheat ends up making me feel guilty and gets me right back on track.

It's low carb and the Jelly Bellies are my enemy. ;) I went up 2 pounds after a binge, not from them but because they (I assume) told my body to store up the fat I'd eaten earlier.

I do keep with the light exercise. Even some pushups in the morning seems to help get the blood going and keep the metabolism up.

About 8.5 months in, from 194 to 158, pushing for a 154 stopping point, though honestly we've been on this eating plan for so long that I don't have much interest in going off. Not sure what exactly I would "cheat" with, other than those JBs. :mad:

Eindar, I agree about the portions. For us it's cut since we limit the carbs, and just get sick of the protien/fat. But regardless I rarely want to go back for a 2nd hamburger or piece of chicken. I'll have 2 eggs, a piece of Light Style toast and maybe 3-4 pieces of bacon and feel really full now, almost like I overate. I also have more consistant energy over the long haul.

I do drink a cup of coffee per day which I never used to do, but given the coffee/exercise connection to cancer reduction I don't feel bad about that. That caffeine helps counter the lack of sugar rushes I used to need.

Here's an odd issue - do you keep the "fat" clothes once they don't fit? Seems stupid to throw them out (I kept the thin stuff after all) but it seems negative to acknowledge putting the weight back on too.

Gyron
11-05-2007, 03:45 PM
246 last week. Not making much progress, but I won't unless I exercise.

Naptown_Seth
11-05-2007, 03:53 PM
5'9"

And I'm past just being comfortably healthy. My first goal was just 175, but when I got there I just wanted to keep pushing beyond "not chunky" and into "in shape". I have some muscle tone now, but not much. I'm sure if I added more muscle it would push the weight back up as well, so it's all relative. That's some of my hover right now I suspect, lifting adding muscle, diet trying to take it off (along with the fat). I'm just not the guy that's going to be benching 220, more like 180. Lean with some tone rather than monster biceps.

The last few pounds that I just can't quite shake are all on the waist. If I could pull off another 1/4" layer I would actually have some ab definition I think. As it is there are still slight rolls and a little jiggle.

Honestly when I started I never would have felt like I had a chance at sub 170. It helped that my wife and I did it together, and it also helped that it got me on a small but steady eating program instead of starving. I'm sure that helped convince my body that we wouldn't die if it didn't store a ton of fat. You tell your body "more food is coming, don't panic". :D

bellisimo
11-07-2007, 09:53 AM
crap i havent had time to do a weigh in for weeks - overloaded with projects at work...lost any chance for decent meals...been snacking too much...definitely gained some weight....urgh...gotta fix it up....

Los Angeles
11-07-2007, 11:41 AM

The dreaded plateau. This is what happens when you eat right but can't exercise, I guess. I live the life I've been handed, I feel healthy despite my injury. Life is good, I'm just down 10 bucks. :)

Los Angeles
11-07-2007, 11:42 AM
235.8 Week 1
233.8 Week 2
232.0 Week 3
230.0 Week 4
229.6 Week 5
224.4 Week 6
223.2 Week 7
221.4 Week 8
222.8 Week 9
219.2 Week 10

Well, this is a big week for me. This is the first time I have been under 220 for quite some time, and every pound I lose now I'll truly feel like I'm getting back to where I need to be.

I will ramp up to 30 minutes of jogging on my run days this week, and I need to find a way to get back in the gym for lifting weights. I'm working my day job and working on getting my Real Estate license, so that has kept me pretty busy.
Right on, my friend!

:thumbup:

brichard
11-12-2007, 09:29 PM
233.8 Week 2
232.0 Week 3
230.0 Week 4
229.6 Week 5
224.4 Week 6
223.2 Week 7
221.4 Week 8
222.8 Week 9
219.2 Week 10
218.6 Week 11
217.8 Week 12

I actually forgot to post last week. I haven't been as "on it" since I hit that 220 milestone, but my goal is to hit 210 by Thanksgiving and 200 by Christmas. I've been nibbling a bit on Halloween candy and gave in to a treat at Janko's steak house last week in Bloomington.

My cardio exercise has been great, and I am running 3 miles about 3-4 times per week. My lifting has been non-existent, but something had to give with my busy schedule. This is my last week of taking Realtor class, so I am hopeful I can get back in a morning routine.

For everybody struggling, I wish I could tell you what got me going this time. About 95% of my attempts to lose weight have come up empty, but my best advice is to keep trying and set some goals. The wait is worth the weight (loss.) :)

brichard
11-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Right on, my friend!

:thumbup:

Thanks dude... trying to keep it up. :cool:

brichard
11-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Here's an odd issue - do you keep the "fat" clothes once they don't fit? Seems stupid to throw them out (I kept the thin stuff after all) but it seems negative to acknowledge putting the weight back on too.

Nap,

I tend to fall on the side of "ditch the clothes," at least those that are the largest. The negative is that if you gain weight you will have to buy new clothes. The positive is that 1.) The pain of buying bigger clothes may enforce your desire to stay at your current size and 2.) There is something about keeping the clothes that says "I'm not sure if this is permanent or not."

Anyway, just my :twocents:

Congrats on your awesome weight loss... I find it inspirational when others do so well.

Gyron
11-13-2007, 12:49 PM
I weighed in at 250 this week. I ate WAY too much last week.

I will be waiting with my $10 to go to the winner.

And I'm ready to sign up for the next round if we have one. Maybe I can get going in that one.

Erik
11-16-2007, 07:01 AM
255. i didn't give it the effort i wanted but i'm in next time.

Erik
11-26-2007, 08:07 PM
250. not bad considering thanksgiving, but i have been sick. oh yeah, it's Monday the 26th!

Gyron
11-27-2007, 12:17 PM

Finished higher than what I started.

Ok, who do I send my $10 too?

brich
11-29-2007, 02:16 PM
I unfortunatley kind of checked out during this contest...not sure where I ended up, but certainly not much different then where I started.

Who is our official winner, and where do we need to send the money?

Also, based on my shameful performance, I would love to be involved with another one of these at the beginning of '08. I am sure there will be many others interested.

Thanks.

Gyron
11-29-2007, 02:52 PM
I'd give it another try at the beginning of '08. LA hasn't been on too much lately that I have seen, he was kinda the moderator on this one. IF I get a few minutes, I'll try to check through the posts and get a winner?

Gyron
11-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Ok, Here's the stats with the info we have posted so far. We are missing a couple people's weights:

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 286pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=381 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 82pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3986" width=109><COL style="WIDTH: 80pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3913" width=107><COL style="WIDTH: 76pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3693" width=101><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" width=64><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 82pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=109 height=17>In it to Win it:</TD><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 80pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=107>Starting Weight</TD><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 76pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=101>Ending Weight</TD><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>% Lost</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>LA</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>176</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>173.6</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="1.3636363636363669E-2" x:fmla="=(B2-C2)/B2">1.36%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Gyron</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>244.5</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>248</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="-1.4314928425357873E-2" x:fmla="=(B3-C3)/B3">-1.43%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Brich</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>243</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>241.4</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="6.5843621399176719E-3" x:fmla="=(B4-C4)/B4">0.66%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Irk</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>263</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>250</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="4.9429657794676805E-2" x:fmla="=(B5-C5)/B5">4.94%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Sycamore Ken</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>210</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=2>Need Final Weight</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Cobol Sam</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>193</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=2>Need Final Weight</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Pacer Tom</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>298.5</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>291.5</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="2.3450586264656615E-2" x:fmla="=(B8-C8)/B8">2.35%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Naturally Stoned</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>269</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=2>Need Final Weight</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Fantasy League</TD><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Starting Weight</TD><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Ending Weight</TD><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">% Lost</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Brichard</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>238.2</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>217.8</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="8.5642317380352551E-2" x:fmla="=(B12-C12)/B12">8.56%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Eindar</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>195</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>189</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="3.0769230769230771E-2" x:fmla="=(B13-C13)/B13">3.08%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Bellisimo</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>189</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=2>Need Final Weight</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Depending on the wieghts of those needing to post, it looks like Irk will win the In it to win it and Brichard Blew everyone away.

Congrats to both if the results stand. I'll be ready to send my $10 to the winner.

We should do this starting with the new year and see if we can help each other get the lbs. off.

Erik
11-29-2007, 07:01 PM
i don't want to make things difficult, but i'm not satisfied with my effort. i did watch my diet and slipped up a few times to lose a total of 8lbs. i had strep throat and was sick for about a week and lost 5 more. i'd be more than happy to only count the 8lbs lost, i'd really feel bad if i beat someone who tried harder because i was sick.

Natston
11-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Finally got into the swing of things within the last couple of weeks. I was actually north of 275 around the 13th and as of last night I weighed in at 261. I joined a gym and went for three days this week, so for the most I stayed busy at work and watched what I was drinking...

Gyron
11-30-2007, 10:59 AM
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 286pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=381 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 82pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3986" width=109><COL style="WIDTH: 80pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3913" width=107><COL style="WIDTH: 76pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3693" width=101><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" width=64><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 82pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=109 height=17>In it to Win it:</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 80pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=107>Starting Weight</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 76pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=101>Ending Weight</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>% Lost</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>LA</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>176</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>173.6</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="1.3636363636363669E-2" x:fmla="=(B2-C2)/B2">1.36%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Gyron</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>244.5</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>248</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="-1.4314928425357873E-2" x:fmla="=(B3-C3)/B3">-1.43%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Brich</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>243</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>241.4</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="6.5843621399176719E-3" x:fmla="=(B4-C4)/B4">0.66%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Irk</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>263</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>255</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="3.0418250950570342E-2" x:fmla="=(B5-C5)/B5">3.04%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Sycamore Ken</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>210</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=2>Need Final Weight</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Cobol Sam</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>193</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=2>Need Final Weight</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Pacer Tom</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>298.5</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>291.5</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="2.3450586264656615E-2" x:fmla="=(B8-C8)/B8">2.35%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Naturally Stoned</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>269</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>261</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="2.9739776951672861E-2" x:fmla="=(B9-C9)/B9">2.97%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Fantasy League</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Starting Weight</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Ending Weight</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">% Lost</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Brichard</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>238.2</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>217.8</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="8.5642317380352551E-2" x:fmla="=(B12-C12)/B12">8.56%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Eindar</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>195</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>189</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="3.0769230769230771E-2" x:fmla="=(B13-C13)/B13">3.08%</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Bellisimo</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>189</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=2>Need Final Weight</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Updated and I also updated Irk weight to make him feel better. It looks like you might still win Irk:)

Gyron
11-30-2007, 11:00 AM
How bad do I look that I'm the only loser to gain freakin weight ...BAH!

Natston
11-30-2007, 04:19 PM

:console:

bellisimo
11-30-2007, 06:54 PM

don't worry - i don't think you're the only one...
i've been staying away from the scales cause i feel as if i've gained some lately as well...:blush:

brich
11-30-2007, 07:22 PM

I think I was probably up a few pounds...you are in better company then you think. :)

Natston
11-30-2007, 10:20 PM
I was going to say that going up even more was what finally got my rear in gear...

Natston
12-08-2007, 08:18 PM
I was going to say that going up even more was what finally got my rear in gear...

And have since regressed... :( Back up to 264

bellisimo
12-10-2007, 09:30 AM
alright - i just weighed in...I'm now a whoppin' 193...gained 4lbs since the initial weigh in...ROT IN HELL BITE SIZE COOKIES! >_<

Gyron
12-10-2007, 11:00 AM
I lost 5 lbs last week while sick.

Of course I've started feeling better the last couple days and what was my breakfast choice this morning.....An Iced Honey Bun. STUPID STUPID>>>>>>>

travmil
12-29-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm really interested in getting this started again for the new year. Is anyone else wanting to get this started again? We could weigh in Jan 1st.

Cobol Sam
12-29-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm really interested in getting this started again for the new year. Is anyone else wanting to get this started again? We could weigh in Jan 1st.

I'd be all for it. I disappeared this time around after moving into my new house and having my caseload at work doubled. If it gets going again I'll participate.

Gyron
12-29-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm up for it. And I think most of us still owe Irk some money...

Irk, PM me your address and I will send my $10. I don't back out on my bets like Unclebuck:D

travmil
12-29-2007, 01:19 PM
OK there's at least three. Who else? Weigh in on Jan 1 '08. Honor system and we'll go by % lost. Three months sound good? Weekly weigh ins and a final weigh in on April 1st? I'm just throwing out suggestions so feel free to chime in everyone.

Erik
12-29-2007, 02:00 PM
I'd like to call the last run a "practice". I don't feel like I worked hard enough to earn a prize, so please keep your money (this time). However, I am ready to make a go at it this next round and gladly take everyone's money at the end. I'll be weighing in on Jan. 1st, I hope we get a alot of people joining in.

Natston
12-29-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm interested... Do you guys want to start a new thread for it?

Gyron
12-30-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm Definitely in it to win it this time!

Los Angeles
12-30-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm in - and Irk, you won fair and square, please send me your email addy so I can paypal you.

Seriously.

bellisimo
12-30-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm just mentally not ready for it...

Los Angeles
12-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Sorry I fell off the deep end, folks.

Here's a new thread for round 2: http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=35859

SycamoreKen
01-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Ok, I'll finish this one and become the biggest gainer. I weighed in today at 233:eek:. I'm getting into the other thread and trying again. I have to, none of my pants fit and I'm not buying new ones!

bellisimo
04-07-2009, 04:51 AM
summer is around the corner and i've just started this 12 week program...anyone else up for doing a little follow up on this workout/losing excess weight/etc?

Stryder
04-07-2009, 11:38 AM
summer is around the corner and i've just started this 12 week program...anyone else up for doing a little follow up on this workout/losing excess weight/etc?

i'd be up for it.

duke dynamite
04-07-2009, 11:59 AM
I don't mind participating.

Erik
04-08-2009, 01:51 PM
I could use it again.

bellisimo
04-08-2009, 07:20 PM
anyone else?
think Monday after Easter weekend would be a good time to start no? :)

Los Angeles
04-08-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm in.

And your asses are going down.

You HEARD!!

Stryder
04-08-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm in.

And your asses are going down.

You HEARD!!

I'm fine with the date that Belli stated.

Time to get serious.

duke dynamite
04-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm glad I'm eating a ton this weekend, then!

indygeezer
04-09-2009, 04:09 PM
You buncha pansies. Don't have a clue what real weight is.

5'8" and 246 lbs. I've added 49 lbs since they put me on meds for diabetes.
anywhere from a 46 to a 49" waist and a 45 chest. Gotta wear suspenders (braces) or the damn pants just slide right on down. And if you think I'm proud of this you're wrong. I hate to see friends and clients now...I do it only because I'm tougher than any "pride" allows.

I'm in...the meds will make it tough...but I gotta do it. I run outta breath bending over to tie my shoes.

This Monday huh? I better eat all my Jelly Beans on Sunday then.

Oh and just to give y'all a visual to live with....I always weigh in the AM before breakfast and just after going to the john.....naked. Don't want clothes affecting my weight.

Gyron
04-09-2009, 06:28 PM
I would wan tot do this again, but I'm headed to China and Thailand for a month and don't have any idea how I'll come back. Some of my friends come back having lost weight because they didn't like the food, but I have a feeling I'm going to come back heavier since I'm visiting food and candy factories for 3 of the 4 weeks......

Natston
04-09-2009, 06:59 PM
I would wan tot do this again, but I'm headed to China and Thailand for a month and don't have any idea how I'll come back. Some of my friends come back having lost weight because they didn't like the food, but I have a feeling I'm going to come back heavier since I'm visiting food and candy factories for 3 of the 4 weeks......

Just pick up a parasite first thing, they're relatively cheap...

Natston
04-09-2009, 07:00 PM
And I'm in...

Gyron
04-09-2009, 08:31 PM
So I should avoid those shots the Doc says I should have before I go?

indygeezer
04-10-2009, 02:43 PM
So I should avoid those shots the Doc says I should have before I go?

Get a free dose of Giardia. I can tell you from experience....16 lbs in 6 days.

Los Angeles
04-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Get a free dose of Giardia. I can tell you from experience....16 lbs in 6 days.

OH MAN ... I got Giardia from swimming in a river. It was horrifying. Had to get hooked up to an IV because I lost so many fluids.

Sorry you went through it, Geezer.

I don't wish that on anybody.

Stryder
04-10-2009, 07:11 PM
OH MAN ... I got Giardia from swimming in a river. It was horrifying. Had to get hooked up to an IV because I lost so many fluids.

Ahhh....good ol' Beaver fever....

Los Angeles
04-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Ahhh....good ol' Beaver fever....

And not the kind I'm used to. ;)

Oh my God did I just go there???

OH YES I DID!

indygeezer
04-11-2009, 12:03 AM

I got mine deer hunting. Really felt weird for a few days and then one day I realized that I was hallucinating. I was in a tree stand overlooking a ravine and swore up and down that there was a pink and black Cadillac convertable (the one with the huge tailfins) on the other side of the ravine from me. That's when I knew I was in trouble.
That night the fluid loss started. Whew, what an odor. 16 lbs in 6 days once that started. One trip to the Dr. and a sample sent to the State Lab confirmed Giardia. One good dose of pills and I was cured....but we burned down the end of the house where I stayed.

Trophy
04-11-2009, 12:09 AM
This is definitly something tough to agree to but I'll give it a try.

bellisimo
04-11-2009, 09:25 AM
On Monday i'll create a new thread where everyone who wants to take part can enter by weighing in...

do you guys want to do this money thing again? cause i'm never taking participation in that part of it...

Los Angeles
04-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Nah, let's just do it for bragging rights this time. Encouragement is sometimes a greater motivator than losing.

Erik
04-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah, just braggin rights.

bellisimo
04-11-2009, 05:53 PM
works for me :)

Stryder
04-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Works for me too. I'll chime in with my starting weight on Monday.

Stryder
04-13-2009, 04:37 AM
252 lbs is my starting weight.