PDA

View Full Version : Pistons sign Jarvis Hayes

Doddage
08-16-2007, 07:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-pistons-hayes&prov=ap&type=lgns

Pistons sign free-agent guard/forward Hayes
August 16, 2007

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- The Detroit Pistons signed free-agent guard/forward Jarvis Hayes on Thursday.

The 6-foot-8 Hayes appeared in 81 games last season for the Washington Wizards, averaging 7.2 points, 2.6 rebounds and 20.1 minutes.

"We are pleased to add Jarvis Hayes to our roster," team president Joe Dumars said. "Jarvis has proven himself as a solid NBA player over the last four seasons, and we like the flexibility and depth he will bring to our team at the small forward position."

Updated on Thursday, Aug 16, 2007 6:18 pm, EDT

Not a bad pickup for the Pistons; they're addressing their need of adding depth to their bench, which killed them in the Cleveland series. From their pretty good draft picks to their other offseason moves, they're doing pretty well.

LG33
08-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Jarvis ≠ Javaris

Still, I'm gonna say: Not a bad signing.

Kegboy
08-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Jarvis ≠ Javaris

Still, I'm gonna say: Not a bad signing.

Well not everyone can have their own personal Jesus Christ.

Anybody who writes off Detroit does so at their own peril.

GrangerRanger
08-16-2007, 09:10 PM
I actually kind of like this signing. I haven't seen him do anything in Washington for a few years now, what happened?

eldubious
08-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Could be another brilliant signing by Dumars, everybody wrote off Billups too.

bulldog
08-16-2007, 09:33 PM
Yea, haven't watched a lot of Wiz games, what happend with him? He started off pretty strong as I remember, then I lost track of him.

Kstat
08-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Jarvis is a gunner, but his problem is he was on a team of gunners. His skills were redundant on Washington.

As backup small forwards go, he was arguably the best left on the market.

It'll be a battle between Afflalo and Hayes to see who backs up Prince. Jarvis clearly has better offensive skill, but he's going to have to match Afflalo's defense, and that won't be easy.

avoidingtheclowns
08-16-2007, 10:14 PM
hayes has constantly been injured in washington. so naturally he would have fit better with the pacers...

its not a bad signing, won't be expensive and will add some depth at the 2/3 which they needed (even with stuckey and affalo). the only weakness is at C mcdyess has worked better in limited minutes and nazr has been a disappointment. that being said, i think they have to be the favorites to get to the finals in the east, ahead of boston for the time being.

Kstat
08-16-2007, 10:21 PM
time will tell what we do at the center spot. We could use at natural C like Nazr, or go small/athletic with Rasheed and Maxiell.

avoidingtheclowns
08-16-2007, 10:24 PM
time will tell what we do at the center spot. We could use at natural C like Nazr, or go small/athletic with Rasheed and Maxiell.

i figured the latter is what would happen.

Kstat
08-16-2007, 10:33 PM
i figured the latter is what would happen.

Well, it would allow us to move Dice to backup C and move Amir Johnson to backup PF and into the 9-man rotation, so yeah it's the option most Piston fans are hoping for.

Robertmto
08-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Arvis. No J