PDA

View Full Version : Pacers host Hornets in Preseason Opener

Hicks
08-16-2007, 10:41 AM
I DECIDED NOT TO SHOUT IT AT YOU LIKE THEY DO OVER AT PACERS.COM!

INDIANAPOLIS, Aug. 15, 2007 – New coach Jim O’Brien will make his Indiana Pacers debut, Wednesday, Oct. 10, at 7:00 p.m. in Conseco Fieldhouse when the Pacers host New Orleans in their National Basketball Association preseason opener. That will be the first of four games in the Fieldhouse. The Pacers will host Seattle, and No. 2 draft pick Kevin Durant, Saturday, Oct. 13, at 7:00 p.m.; Memphis and Indianapolis’ Mike Conley, Wednesday, Oct. 17, at 7:00 p.m.; and the rebuilt Minnesota Timberwolves, Friday, Oct. 19, at 7:00 p.m.
The Pacers' four road preseason games will be at New Orleans, Monday, Oct. 15 (8:00 p.m.); at Chicago, Saturday, Oct. 20 (8:30 p.m.); at Minnesota, Tuesday, Oct. 23 (8:00 p.m.) and at Memphis, Friday, Oct. 26 (8:00 p.m.). All preseason games will be carried on radio (WIBC, 1070-AM).
The Pacers will open the NBA’s regular season, Wednesday, Oct. 31, when they host Washington (7:00 p.m.).
<table border="0" bordercolor="#00204e" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="95%"><tbody><tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#00204e">DAY</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#00204e">DATE</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#00204e">OPPONENT</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#00204e">TIME</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left">Wednesday</td> <td align="right">Oct. 10</td> <td align="right">NEW ORLEANS</td> <td align="right">7:00 p.m.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">Saturday</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">Oct. 13</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">SEATTLE</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">7:00 p.m.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left">Monday</td> <td align="right">Oct. 15</td> <td align="right">at New Orleans</td> <td align="right">8:00 p.m.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">Wednesday</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">Oct. 17</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">MEMPHIS</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">7:00 p.m.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left">Friday</td> <td align="right">Oct. 19</td> <td align="right">MINNESOTA</td> <td align="right">7:00 p.m.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">Saturday</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">Oct. 20</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">at Chicago</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">8:30 p.m.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left">Tuesday</td> <td align="right">Oct. 23</td> <td align="right">at Minnesota</td> <td align="right">8:00 p.m.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">Friday</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">Oct. 26</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">at Memphis</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#c2c9dd">8:00 p.m.</td></tr></tbody></table>

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preseason_schedule_070815.html

Kegboy
08-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Wonder if any'll be on TV.

grace
08-16-2007, 02:17 PM
League Pass. It's a wonderful thing. :happydanc

Naptown_Seth
08-16-2007, 02:31 PM
FanJam is finally peaking over the horizon. We need some basketball in a hurry. This summer has been horrible to deal with.

blanket
08-16-2007, 02:38 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/image.php?u=6681&dateline=1187277887

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/image.php?u=6638&dateline=1187277877

Mal and Kegboy need to have an avatar-off.

I prefer Mal's cuz the lighting on Mel's face blends better. Everybody take sides!

Are you "Team Mal" or "Team Kegboy"?

:pillow:

JayRedd
08-16-2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/image.php?u=6681&dateline=1187277887

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/image.php?u=6638&dateline=1187277877

I prefer Mal's cuz the lighting on Mel's face blends better. Everybody take sides!

I'm Swiss on this one...But yall are confusing the hell outta me.

Hicks
08-16-2007, 03:34 PM
It's the same photo. The only difference is cropping.

carpediem024
08-16-2007, 03:38 PM
When is the FanJam.?

Kegboy
08-16-2007, 04:23 PM

I prefer Mal's, actually. And I really should change mine, cause he's the one who made it to begin with. But I like it too much.

Hicks
08-16-2007, 04:42 PM
I think you should keep it too since you have the better caption. I was going to change mine to match, but then it's an exact clone.

grace
08-16-2007, 05:11 PM
I nomintate Kegboy and Mal for PD's Best Couple 2008.

Kegboy
08-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I think you should keep it too since you have the better caption. I was going to change mine to match, but then it's an exact clone.

I think they compliment each other well. Plus, Reggie might have me Ignored, but you can't Ignore admins.

Kegboy
08-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I nomintate Kegboy and Mal for PD's Best Couple 2008.

I was gonna say, "**** you", but then I decided it's better than the alternative.

Naptown_Seth
08-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Well Kidman's remake of Body Snatchers is just opening so really it's a nice tie-in.

There's Mal and then there's the cold, indifferent pod version of Mal. ;)

Brian
08-18-2007, 07:13 PM
2nd game is seattle...be able to see durant...nice.

LG33
08-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Since our first preseason game is against the Hornets, can we debate Chris Paul versus Deron Williams in this thread?

bulldog
08-19-2007, 12:32 AM
Since our first preseason game is against the Hornets, can we debate Chris Paul versus Deron Williams in this thread?

Chris Paul. Well, that was a fun debate.

Kegboy
08-19-2007, 09:14 AM
After his performance in the playoffs, I don't know how you can't say Deron Williams.

Naptown_Seth
08-19-2007, 01:24 PM
It's funny that the first 2 posts on the debate think it's obvious, but in opposite directions. Obviously LG33 was onto something with this as a topic.

I'll go in the middle and say "tough call". Deron is bigger and stronger, more of a Kidd type, Paul is more of the dart and pass type like perhaps Parker. Both are dependable NBA types. Aren't they both on TEAM USA? That would be a nice way to compare them in similar circumstances.

Seems like we should expect many AS appearances from both of them, that's for sure.

JayRedd
08-19-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't have a clear cut favorite. I'd say Paul has more pure talent, quickness and court vision, but Deron has more floor generalability (it's a word), strength and gutsiness. Deron just gets that look about him late in games (see Illini/Zona in his last March Madness and some of the Playoffs last year) like he just will not lose this game. Paul is just so slick and seems born to play point guard though.

It's really, really tough to say one is better and it's sort of one of those situations where I think whoever I'm watching at the time is better. Deron is to me like the spitting image of JKidd from about 5 years ago (well, not quite, but stylistically) whereas Paul plays more like a back-to-back-title-era Isiah Thomas (in that he can get to the hoop whenever he wants, but only seemingly does when he wants to motivate his teammates by showing them how easy it is).

And, in fact, my as well lay my whole hand out on the table and say what I really think.

I'm just gonna go ahead and take out my Jump to Conclusion mat from the attic right now, unroll it and proclaim that I honestly think they will both be in Springfield in about 20 years.

These two are that good.

OnlyPacersLeft
08-19-2007, 07:59 PM
League Pass. It's a wonderful thing. :happydanc

This will be my first year getting it! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
omg the season is only a little more then 2 months away! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! JO 4 MVP!
I think the haters jaws will hit the floor this season!

BlueNGold
08-19-2007, 08:36 PM
After his performance in the playoffs, I don't know how you can't say Deron Williams.

After their rookie season, I would have said Paul...but not now. I agree. Deron gets the nod from me until I see Chris do anything under NBA playoff pressure. I also think Deron's size gives him the advantage.

Deron looks like JKidd with a nice shot. I seriously think he has a chance to be better than JKidd, which is really pretty amazing. He makes his teammates better just like JKidd. Great floor leader...clutch...and just a gamer. ...but his shot is clearly superior.

LG33
08-19-2007, 09:56 PM
After their rookie season, I would have said Paul...but not now. I agree. Deron gets the nod from me until I see Chris do anything under NBA playoff pressure. I also think Deron's size gives him the advantage.

Deron looks like JKidd with a nice shot. I seriously think he has a chance to be better than JKidd, which is really pretty amazing. He makes his teammates better just like JKidd. Great floor leader...clutch...and just a gamer. ...but his shot is clearly superior.

Totally. His shot is already better, and I think he's got a better coach than Jason ever had (unless I missed someone along the way?). He really works well in that system. Chris Paul seems to be either more athletic or more talented (which is why he was damn good as a rookie), but once Deron was incorporated into the system and given the reins by Coach Sloan, I think there's little comparison. I'm excited to see if/how he grows from here.

Still, our team would be probably be better off with Chris Paul. Plus, he's more marketable IMO.