PDA

View Full Version : ESPN hates the NBA!

HOOPFANATIC
08-15-2007, 06:40 PM
They are really trying to drum up interest in that Donaghy story. I get the feeling they don't care that much for the NBA. As a longtime fan of pro basketball this ESPN/ABC T.V contract has to be one of the worst.

Am I in a minority here or what???

Oneal07
08-15-2007, 06:54 PM
ESPN always fuels bad press, this is nothing new!! Unless something interesting actually comes up, it's not really gonna interest me, it's just gonna be considered BS to me

Cobol Sam
08-15-2007, 06:55 PM
They are really trying to drum up interest in that Donaghy story. I get the feeling they don't care that much for the NBA. As a longtime fan of pro basketball this ESPN/ABC T.V contract has to be one of the worst.

Am I in a minority here or what???

ESPN cares A LOT about the NBA. They make money off of the NBA. If the NBA stopped existing today they'd struggle for coverage in several months of the year.

They are just reporting a sensational negative news story about the NBA. Its what corporate media outlets do.

HOOPFANATIC
08-15-2007, 07:13 PM
They are just reporting a sensational negative news story about the NBA. Its what corporate media outlets do.

I understand that, but this is their product, and they seem to be the only ones who are putting out the negative slant to the story. Tune in to Fox and check out their coverage vs ESPN.

Cobol Sam
08-15-2007, 07:33 PM
I understand that, but this is their product, and they seem to be the only ones who are putting out the negative slant to the story. Tune in to Fox and check out their coverage vs ESPN.

No cable... :(

Cobol Sam
08-15-2007, 07:34 PM

Seriously though, I do agree that their product centers on sensational. Other than coverage of games on sportscenter, everything is billed to us as once in a lifetime, record breaking, sensational. For better or worse I suppose.

Eindar
08-15-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm guessing it's more like they were running out of gas in the Vick story, and this one still had a recently topped off tank, so they're switching until something big happens with Vick.

bulldog
08-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Also, I'm a little confused by what you mean with "negative slant." How exactly do you want them to spin it? A ref cheated, that's a pretty darned big deal, they should cover it. And Vick, one of the biggest stars in the league might go to jail for friggin' dog fighting...These are big stories, these are interesting stories, and unless you watch baseball, it's pretty darned boring right now, so what do you expect? Of all the things to give ESPN crap for I think this is the least.

Now, if you want spin, check out NBA.com.

clownskull
08-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Also, I'm a little confused by what you mean with "negative slant." How exactly do you want them to spin it? A ref cheated, that's a pretty darned big deal, they should cover it. And Vick, one of the biggest stars in the league might go to jail for friggin' dog fighting...These are big stories, these are interesting stories, and unless you watch baseball, it's pretty darned boring right now, so what do you expect? Of all the things to give ESPN crap for I think this is the least.

Now, if you want spin, check out NBA.com.

actually, even if one were to watch baseball, it's still pretty darn boring. baseball= snoozeville.