PDA

View Full Version : I just want something to happen

indygeezer
08-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Nearly anything. Just something that will restore me to the Sunshine Brigade where I belong.

Whether it is a trade for a top tier player that makes us instant contenders or one that offers fresh faces for te future. It could be certain members of mgmnt moving on or the hiring of a true big man coach, although admittedly that would only be a start, it WOULD be a start.

Anything to bring me out of the doldrums and back into the sunshine and pride of being a Pacer fan. This three year cloud hanging over me has got to go.

Spicoli
08-09-2007, 05:05 PM
http://www.mo.gov/mo/mophotos/wildlife/WI_BigBuck_Bohmie_052405.jpg

docpaul
08-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Nearly anything. Just something that will restore me to the Sunshine Brigade where I belong.

Whether it is a trade for a top tier player that makes us instant contenders or one that offers fresh faces for te future. It could be certain members of mgmnt moving on or the hiring of a true big man coach, although admittedly that would only be a start, it WOULD be a start.

Anything to bring me out of the doldrums and back into the sunshine and pride of being a Pacer fan. This three year cloud hanging over me has got to go.

I'd personally be happy with a team that can win some games. :)

indygeezer
08-09-2007, 05:11 PM
http://www.mo.gov/mo/mophotos/wildlife/WI_BigBuck_Bohmie_052405.jpg

You always know how to make me smile.

Now offer to let me go duck hunting with you......:buddies:

:devil:

But I was actually refering to the Pacers in my above post.

Indyboy
08-09-2007, 06:54 PM
I don't get it anyway, why hasn't there any trade speculation about Dun and or Murph??? Do we want to keep them that bad? Any word of advice please ( Besides the fact that they have huge a$$ contracts ) ?
I don't know whether you guys know this already, I found it today, thought it is really funny ( Scott Pollard makin fun of Reggie ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qvcm_kRgIo

NuffSaid
08-09-2007, 07:27 PM
:laugh::p ... I'm rolling over here! That YouTube video was hilarious! I can't believe we let Scott Pollard get away. If nothing else, he'd definately keep the locker room rolling with continuous laughter. He's such a nut! :laugh: That auditioning bit w/Ron Artest and the plastic cups...oh, that was CLASSIC! :p

Indyboy
08-09-2007, 07:34 PM
:laugh::p ... I'm rolling over here! That YouTube video was hilarious! I can't believe we let Scott Pollard get away. If nothing else, he'd definately keep the locker room rolling with continuous laughter. He's such a nut! :laugh: That auditioning bit w/Ron Artest and the plastic cups...oh, that was CLASSIC! :p

I loved that cup thing too, also liked the Jasikevisicus....whatever time!

avoidingtheclowns
08-09-2007, 07:38 PM
I don't get it anyway, why hasn't there any trade speculation about Dun and or Murph??? Do we want to keep them that bad? Any word of advice please ( Besides the fact that they have huge a$$ contracts ) ?

you think there is any other reason? they've got a bunch of years and $$$ coming their way and neither play defense very well to go along with mid-sized offensive output. i'm sure if dunleavy had a foster-sized contract people would be a hell of a lot more interested... same with murphy. the only people interested in murphy seem to be magic fans on RealGM and i keep hoping that they get through to otis and make it so...

Rajah Brown
08-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Because Murph-Leavy is a role player being compensated over the next
4 yrs at an average level about 40% higher than he's worth ($10m
per vs $7m per).

Kegboy
08-09-2007, 09:04 PM
How can you knock the summer of Stanko Russian Diner? Any more moves would just be superfluous.

StankoLover216
08-09-2007, 09:11 PM
How can you knock the summer of Stanko Russian Diner? Any more moves would just be superfluous.

STANKO NO RUSSIAN! STANKO BOSNIAN! WHAT MEAN DINER?

Trader Joe
08-09-2007, 09:12 PM

Its like an advanced slop kitchen.

Kegboy
08-09-2007, 09:29 PM

Diner's that new little ball boy that Sports Guy could beat up.

LoneGranger33
08-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Diner's that new little ball boy that Sports Guy could beat up.

Take it back. :boxer:

Kegboy
08-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Take it back. :boxer:

Okay, he's the little ball boy that Sports Guy says he could beat up. There, is that better. You big baby.

LoneGranger33
08-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Enter a :cry: if you think I'm right about everything and that Greg Oden is a no-talent *** clown.

Kegboy
08-09-2007, 10:05 PM
:cry:

Kegboy
08-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Wait a second, according to below, both LG and StankoLover are both actively reading this thread! I haven't been so embarrassed since that time I was talking to Clark Kent and I got a quick glance of Superman in the distance.

:blush:

avoidingtheclowns
08-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Wait a second, according to below, both LG and StankoLover are both actively reading this thread! I haven't been so embarrassed since that time I was talking to Clark Kent and I got a quick glance of Superman in the distance.

:blush:

this is crazy...this is just like the ending of The Prestige

naptown
08-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Just something that will restore me to the Sunshine Brigade where I belong.

Positiveness and optimism come from within. If you are relying on outside sources to determine your outlook then you will never be truly happy or satisfied.

LoneGranger33
08-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Positiveness and optimism come from within. If you are relying on outside sources to determine your outlook then you will never be truly happy or satisfied.

Your lucky numbers are
7 12 19 28 34 44

MagicRat
08-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Stanko Russian Diner

Wasn't that the setting for Alice? It used to make me chuckle when Stanko told people to stow it..................
http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/stankorussiandiner.jpg

LoneGranger33
08-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Hahahah, wow, our three new guys are all pretty handsome, especially Kareem with that stylish hat.

However, those two ugly women really make me shudder. But the one on the far right ain't half bad.

rexnom
08-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Hahahah, wow, our three new guys are all pretty handsome, especially Kareem with that stylish hat.

However, those two ugly women really make me shudder. But the one on the far right ain't half bad.
Yeah, I'd skeet...Wait...do white people/board censors know what that means yet?

RWB
08-10-2007, 05:47 AM

You woke up this morning, saw gray hair, took a breath. Be happy. :dance:

indygeezer
08-10-2007, 09:58 AM

Ah shut up.

;)

indygeezer
08-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Wasn't that the setting for Alice? It used to make me chuckle when Stanko told people to stow it..................
http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/stankorussiandiner.jpg

I 'bout **** a gold brick when I saw this. That dude in the black and yellow sweater looks just like Geezer Jr......I had to look 2 -3 times just to be sure.

Well....kinda.

JayRedd
08-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Damn!!! NBA players really do get the hottest groupies.

bellisimo
08-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Damn!!! NBA players really do get the hottest groupies.

whatever floats your boat....

google "nba groupies"...and you end up with this photo:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/162/406179792_f1aaec50ed.jpg

:eek::laugh:

MagicRat
08-10-2007, 11:14 AM
I 'bout **** a gold brick when I saw this. That dude in the black and yellow sweater looks just like Geezer Jr......I had to look 2 -3 times just to be sure.

I'm guessing LG33 will be your newest, bestest friend now that you've admitted to being Travis Diener's dad.........

LoneGranger33
08-10-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm guessing LG33 will be your newest, bestest friend now that you've admitted to being Travis Diener's dad.........

Yes, I can see that conversation now...
:duel: - - Those are tears of joy, by the way.

QuickRelease
08-10-2007, 11:34 AM

Well....kinda.

The funny thing about that picture is that's probably what Diener would really look like in that shirt! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

LoneGranger33
08-10-2007, 01:20 PM
I was just thinking, I'm very excited for this next season to start - not necessarily because of the Pacers (but I have to admit, Travis Diener in Indiana is awesome), but all the possible old time players coming back, the Celtics trio, young Blazers, a slightly worse Golden State team, Jared Dudley!, and the Spurs' 5th championship.

rexnom
08-10-2007, 01:27 PM
I was just thinking, I'm very excited for this next season to start - not necessarily because of the Pacers (but I have to admit, Travis Diener in Indiana is awesome), but all the possible old time players coming back, the Celtics trio, young Blazers, a slightly worse Golden State team, Jared Dudley!, and the Spurs' 5th championship.
Over Steve Nash's dead body.

LoneGranger33
08-10-2007, 01:46 PM

That can be arranged.

But honestly now, I haven't been this excited for an NBA season since the summer of 2006!

avoidingtheclowns
08-10-2007, 01:58 PM

That can be arranged.

seriously, no joke. duncan's a gansta and will f#ck steve up. ask ron...
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=33026

Putnam
08-10-2007, 01:58 PM

That's silly. The only reasonable basis for positiveness and optimism is fact. If you set out on a long drive with an empty gas tank, your optimism that you will reach your destination is mere foolishness.

Geezer, I suggest this to put you back on the sunny side of the street: Wait patiently.

My plan is to give the Pacers three years before I expect anything from them again. Sometimes solutions take time as well as brains and money, and this is one of those cases.

It doesn't mean you're not a serious fan if you take a realistic view of their prospects.

JayRedd
08-10-2007, 02:04 PM
But honestly now, I haven't been this excited for an NBA season since the summer of 2006!

:brilliant

Hicks
08-10-2007, 02:15 PM
That's silly. The only reasonable basis for positiveness and optimism is fact. If you set out on a long drive with an empty gas tank, your optimism that you will reach your destination is mere foolishness.

That is silly. Optimism isn't the same as stupidity.

LoneGranger33
08-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Geezer, I suggest this to put you back on the sunny side of the street: Wait patiently.

My plan is to give the Pacers three years before I expect anything from them again. Sometimes solutions take time as well as brains and money, and this is one of those cases.

It doesn't mean you're not a serious fan if you take a realistic view of their prospects.

And just where the hell have you been?! Friggin' six month absence.

JayRedd
08-10-2007, 02:46 PM

Seriously....Three-hour tour, my arse.

LoneGranger33
08-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Seriously....Three-hour tour, my arse.

Hahaha, nice. BTW, how did that show end? Did they ever get back to civilization? Did the Professor ever choose between Mary Anne and Ginger? Did the Skipper eventually kill Gilligan?

Putnam
08-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Optimism isn't the same as stupidity.

Hello, Hicks-by-another-name.

You're right, optimism isn't the same as stupidity. But they sometimes go together. In the example I described, the person would be both optimistic and silly.

I was responding to Naptown's assertion that, "If you are relying on outside sources to determine your outlook then you will never be truly happy or satisfied." I suggested it was silly because optimism is only rational if circumstances support a positive outlook. Optimism that ignores "outside sources" is Pollyanna-ishness.

I think Naptown was saying, "So what if ESPN predicts the Pacers 14th in the East?" And he's right to say that nobody knows what's going to happen. But Geezer started this thread saying that HE finds no reason for optimism and is looking for "something."

My suggestion was that a disciplined position of setting no expectations for three years is working for me. I'll go to some games this year and I may not even look at the scoreboard. I certainly won't lose any sleep over the Eastern Conference standings. I'll just enjoy seeing the team get the ball across midcourt in three seconds, and whatever Granger and Williams show.

I don't have the heart to get into on-line slanging matches anymore, so I'm a non-participant. There's no better forum on-line than this one, but I still would rather lurk. There are people here that I wouldn't spend time with in person, and I'm happy virtually avoiding them if I can't kick then in the nuts in person. I come around a couple of times a month to check on JayRedd's quips and WillGalen's salary cap information and MagicRat's new avatars. I find that just about any opinion I have about the Pacers has already been posted by Jay or by Since86, so there's no need for me to sign on.

Keep up the good work, everybody.

Kegboy
08-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Yes, I can see that conversation now...
:duel: - - Those are tears of joy, by the way.

OMG!! Somebody found a use for the Duel smilie. I can't believe it! I always hoped this day would come. :cry:

naptown
08-13-2007, 03:33 PM

Ahhhhh, I can tell that your eyes are open, but you still cannot see. In fact, everything we encounter in this world with our six senses is an inkblot test. You see what you are thinking and feeling, seldom what you are looking at.