PDA

View Full Version : Reggie to the Celtics?

Pages : 1 [2]

Trader Joe
08-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Am I wrong to want us to take his jersey number down until at least he is done with the Celtics? This blows...

“To know that No. 31 will be hanging from the rafters ... it'll be a special night.”- Reggie Miller

Way to go and ruin it.

sweabs
08-15-2007, 03:44 PM
So, apparently since the Celtics "were bottom of the barrel" according to Reggie - it's not actually like he's chasing a ring.

Now, if he were to have joined Dallas last year, you can accuse him of that all you want (apparently).

But nooooo.....not if he joins the Celtics this year. Because they were bottom of the barrel last year. We're not stupid, Reggie. They kind of have a different team right now compared to last year.

Kegboy
08-15-2007, 03:46 PM
The ring thing, getting it where you NEED at least 3 superstars to carry you there, isn't that just about as good as buying one on Ebay? I don't get the cache of these types of rings, where's the satisfaction?

Reggie even admitted that he had concerns about the REST of the Celtics roster, meaning that he even thinks that "his ring" rests on not just the effort of the big 3, but even the rest of the role players. So just WTF is he contributing to the effort and how does that alter what he was, which specfically was a HOF caliber superstar that CARRIED teams himself.

His ring wouldn't match his resume. It's like being the star of a YMCA league after being an NBA star. Sure you get the Y title and a T-shirt for MVP of the league, but it's still nothing compared to what you were.

WILL PERDUE was a ring winning role player. That's what Reggie would be, that's the kind of ring he'll have. A freaking Will Purdue, Luc Longley ring. wow, impressive
:unimpress

I get the impression what he wants is to experience being part of a team that wins, not the validation of having a ring.

This sucks. He was 3 years from HOF induction. Now it's gonna be at least 6.

Trader Joe
08-15-2007, 03:47 PM
So, apparently since the Celtics "were bottom of the barrel" according to Reggie - it's not actually like he's chasing a ring.

Now, if he were to have joined Dallas last year, you can accuse him of that all you want (apparently).

But nooooo.....not if he joins the Celtics this year. Because they were bottom of the barrel last year. We're not stupid, Reggie. They kind of have a different team right now compared to last year.

Whatever I hope he enjoys not winning a ring. Celtics won't win a championship this year. You can book it. Not with a motivated Suns team out west and of course there are still those pesky Spurs.

Peck
08-15-2007, 03:48 PM
All I can say is that if he does come back, he better be on the phone right away apologizing to Karl Malone and every other player he trashed as beign ring chasers.

What this should teach all of us, from players to fans, is to keep our mouths shut and not make stupid proclimations that we may not keep.

Again, he's a free man and this takes away nothing that he did as a Pacer.

However the day his name is signed on the dotted line with Boston is the last day I am a fan of Reggie Miller the player. From there forward he will be nothing but a F'n Celtic to me and like Jay I hate the F'n Celtics.

Kegboy
08-15-2007, 03:49 PM

Yes that was strange semantics on his part. "Getting KG was like winning the lottery." He's just trying to justify it.

He did say that if he already had a ring, it would make coming back easier. That tells me he specifically doesn't like the idea that he is chasing a ring, he's trying to frame it as he wants to win like he always did.

CableKC
08-15-2007, 03:50 PM

I agree....when he says that...I think he's just trying to sugar coat it.

Like you said....if the Cs had the same roster then the "bottom of the barrel" team that Reggie is describing...then Yes...I can see his point. But this team isn't anywhere near the team that it was last year.

ChicagoJ
08-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Am I wrong to want us to take his jersey number down until at least he is done with the Celtics? This blows...

I think that's an excellent suggestion.

But can you imagine someone from the Pacers having the gumption to do that?

And, sadly, the only reason they'd actually do that is to have "Reggie Miller Jersey re-retirement night" and sell a bunch of tickets when they re-hang his banner from the rafters.

:puke:

Trader Joe
08-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Yes that was strange semantics on his part. "Getting KG was like winning the lottery." He's just trying to justify it.

He did say that if he already had a ring, it would make coming back easier. That tells me he specifically doesn't like the idea that he is chasing a ring, he's trying to frame it as he wants to win like he always did.

I hope he enjoys winning while shooting less than 30% from three and less than 40% from the field while being unable to defend my pinky toe. He'll be a shell of himself. An insignificant piece of a second round team in the East.

I can't believe I'm talking this way about Reggie Miller, my childhood hero. I really can't.

Trader Joe
08-15-2007, 03:57 PM

And, sadly, the only reason they'd actually do that is to have "Reggie Miller Jersey re-retirement night" and sell a bunch of tickets when they re-hang his banner from the rafters.

I wouldn't go. Reggie Miller in another teams jersey. Whats next? Peyton's probably gonna blow out both his knees in this weeks preseason game.

sweabs
08-15-2007, 03:57 PM
He's out of basketball for a long period of time. You stand by him. Then all of a sudden BETRAYAL.

Where have I felt this before?

(And yes, I consider it betrayal. That's what it feels like. Otherwise, save us the time and don't have us put on a huge retirement ceremony for you).

Trader Joe
08-15-2007, 04:00 PM
He's out of basketball for a long period of time. You stand by him. Then all of a sudden BETRAYAL.

Where have I felt this before?

(And yes, I consider it betrayal. That's what it feels like. Otherwise, save us the time and don't have us put on a huge retirement ceremony for you).

I feel about the same I did when Artest demanded his trade. Only more sad than angry. :cry::(

JayRedd
08-15-2007, 04:12 PM
I get the impression what he wants is to experience being part of a team that wins, not the validation of having a ring.

Exactly.

All the outrage still baffles me. He's not a superhero or a civil rights activist. Dude's a basketball player that wants to play basketball and maybe just once (since at least 24 years ago) walk off the court in the final game he plays in a season with a W.

Basketball is fun. Winning is fun.

I just don't see the blasphamy some of yall are feeling. Maybe it's cause I'm not from Indiana, but I just wanna watch my favorite player shoot some hoops again. Can't wait to see my boy throw up a few more "two-handed shots like a girl" and run around with those big-*** ears and buck teeth.

Sign that contract, Reggie.

sweabs
08-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Exactly.

All the outrage still baffles me. He's not a superhero or a civil rights activist. Dude's a basketball player that wants to play basketball and maybe just once (since at least 24 years ago) walk off the court in the final game he plays in a season with a W.

Basketball is fun. Winning is fun.

I just don't see the blasphamy some of yall are feeling. Maybe it's cause I'm not from Indiana, but I just wanna watch my favorite player shoot some hoops again. Can't wait to see my boy throw up a few more "two-handed shots like a girl" and run around with big-*** ears and buck teeth.

Sign that contract, Reggie.

He's been a part of winning teams.

Either way, if you don't see where some of us are coming from, you probably just aren't as attached to Reggie as some of us are/were. Some of us actually took him at his word when he said he would never jump ship and go chasing a ring. It's the same thing with the whole Artest fiasco. I give people too much credit, perhaps...and that's my downfall...but don't lead us on. I thought Reggie was bigger than that.

Arcadian
08-15-2007, 04:23 PM
If Reggie signs with Boston he can't be #31. It is retired for NBA great Cedrick Maxwell.

grace
08-15-2007, 04:26 PM

Only if the team promises to play better than they did the night of the original retirement.

In my mind the only way Reggie can justify coming back is if he promised his mother he'd make one more run at a ring. If not then I blame Dan Patrick. Obviously being on his radio show every week as drained the last brain cell from Reggie's head.

JayRedd
08-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Either way, if you don't see where some of us are coming from, you probably just aren't as attached to Reggie as some of us are/were.

You probably didn't mean it, but I take a lot of offense to that one. I guess I'm not a real Pacer fan either. :rolleyes:

I love Reg unconditionally. Always have always will. UNQUESTIONABLE.

I loved young Reggie jawing with Spike and fighting with Starks. I loved in-his-prime Reggie pushing off MJ like it was his birth rite to hit that shot. I loved the refuse-to-fear Shaq Reggie playing through June. I loved Uncle Reggie on his farewell tour. And I cried when Larry Brown called the goodbye timeout for a just-left-my-heart-on-the-floor Reggie who never once in my memory ever gave up on a game and never backed down from a single opponent in his ******* life even though he was just a skinny skid from SoCal without half the raw talent of the guys he was going up against.

And I will love a non-productive, ice-on-his-knees, 10-mpg, non-factor Reggie in a Boston uniform if that's what happens. I just will. I can't do anything else. There is no other emotion I can possibly feel for Reggie Miller.

This guy has given me way too many memories and way too much enjoyment in my life for me to question a damn thing he does. Ever.

JayRedd
08-15-2007, 04:30 PM
He's been a part of winning teams.

He's never won the last game he played in a season.

CableKC
08-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Reggie is the reason why I started watching Basketball and the Pacers.

Right now, there's a part of me that is slowly dying....but to tell you the truth.....I would live with it JUST TO SEE Reggie step on the NBA Court again.

I may cringe whenever I see him in that white and green uniform....but I would live with it just to see Reggie play again. It would give me another reason to go see the Warriors/Celtics game in Oakland and to buy NBA League Pass so that I can see him play.

I wonder if Reggie is gonna do his game-time ritual again :chin:

OT....another thing...I hope he decides to play and signs with the Celtics BEFORE NBA 2K8 finalizes their rosters for the video game...I want to be able to play him on XBox 360.

CableKC
08-15-2007, 04:32 PM
You probably didn't mean it, but I take a lot of offense to that one. I guess I'm not a real Pacer fan either. :rolleyes:

I loved young Reggie jawing with Spike and fighting with Starks. I loved in-his-prime Reggie pushing off MJ like it was his birth rite to hit that shot. I loved the refuse-to-fear Shaq Reggie playing through June. I loved Uncle Reggie on his farewell tour. And I cried when Larry Brown called the goodbye timeout for a just-left-my-heart-on-the-floor Reggie who never once in my memory ever gave up on a game and never backed down from a single opponent in his ******* life.

And I will love a non-productive, ice-on-his-knees, 10-mpg, non-factor Reggie in a Boston uniform if that's what happens.

This guy has given me way too many memories and way too much enjoyment in my life for me to question a damn thing he does. Ever.
Oh yeah....if you love him so much...why don't you marry him? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

JayRedd
Oh yeah....if you love him so much...why don't you marry him? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cali hasn't passed that law yet.

Naptown_Seth

This sucks. He was 3 years from HOF induction. Now it's gonna be at least 6.
Send his a** in as a Celtic. Seriously. It bugs me that much. He wants to be a Celtic, then go right ahead.

I think he experienced plenty of great winning moments frankly. He's had a lot more winning than other players including all 3 that he's now joining, which to me is pretty freaking ironic: a career winner, Mr. Big Shot, having to latch onto a trio of guys who have never been able to consistantly carry their teams anyplace just to get his "experience of winning".

Whatever.

Again, my "WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG WITH YOU" sign will be ready for the Boston games in Indy if this happens.

Jay, I pointed out the contradiction of your "what's the big deal" point in the Dan Patrick thread. What's the big deal, so he hit some 3 pointers in a basketball game, whoop-de-doo. It works both ways. Either he is loved in Indy for his loyalty and Pacer icon status and his refusal to pursue the easy way out toward the end of his career or he's not.

If you are loved for doing it then you get the opposite response for not. Maybe you never cared if he stayed with Indy and were never impressed that he gutted it out and spoke out against ring chasing. If so then I can see why it wouldn't bug you now.

sweabs
08-15-2007, 04:43 PM

I loved young Reggie jawing with Spike and fighting with Starks. I loved in-his-prime Reggie pushing off MJ like it was his birth rite to hit that shot. I loved the refuse-to-fear Shaq Reggie playing through June. I loved Uncle Reggie on his farewell tour. And I cried when Larry Brown called the goodbye timeout for a just-left-my-heart-on-the-floor Reggie who never once in my memory ever gave up on a game and never backed down from a single opponent in his ******* life.

And I will love a non-productive, ice-on-his-knees, 10-mpg, non-factor Reggie in a Boston uniform if that's what happens.

Sorry to offend you. That was not the intention.

I loved Reggie because of those memories, and everything he did for this franchise. And yes...it was an unquestionable love.

But now I can't help but question it. I guess it didn't mean much to him. Why should it to me?

I'll continue to appreciate what he did for this franchise. But it won't be that unquestionable love anymore that you express...because quite frankly the team means more to me. And once he has CELTICS printed across his chest, he's a Celtic.

JayRedd
08-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Jay, I pointed out the contradiction of your "what's the big deal" point in the Dan Patrick thread. What's the big deal, so he hit some 3 pointers in a basketball game, whoop-de-doo. It works both ways. Either he is loved in Indy for his loyalty and Pacer icon status and his refusal to pursue the easy way out toward the end of his career or he's not.

If you are loved for doing it then you get the opposite response for not. Maybe you never cared if he stayed with Indy and were never impressed that he gutted it out and spoke out against ring chasing. If so then I can see why it wouldn't bug you now.

I'm not saying you (or anyone) is wrong to feel how they do necessarilly. Just saying that I don't understand it at all.

Again, maybe it's a state pride thing. I dunno. But it just doesn't coincide with how I look at stuff. And the not-outraged viewpoint needs a little representation here I feel.

Sorry to offend you. That was not the intention.

No problem. I know you didn't.

I guess it didn't mean much to him.

I don't belive that for a second.

sweabs
08-15-2007, 04:52 PM
I don't belive that for a second.
During that last game of his, my Mom said "what he has with the state of Indiana is worth more than any ring".

Obviously that's such a Mom-thing to say...but a part of me believed it.

But I guess not from his perspective. I'm not saying his decision is wrong. I just honestly thought Reggie was proud to have that special bond with the community. I'm not even from Indiana, or the USA for that matter and I appreciate it. What he had going is a rare feat in sports these days.

I took him at his word, oh well.

Peck
08-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Send his a** in as a Celtic. Seriously. It bugs me that much. He wants to be a Celtic, then go right ahead.

I think he experienced plenty of great winning moments frankly. He's had a lot more winning than other players including all 3 that he's now joining, which to me is pretty freaking ironic: a career winner, Mr. Big Shot, having to latch onto a trio of guys who have never been able to consistantly carry their teams anyplace just to get his "experience of winning".

Whatever.

Again, my "WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG WITH YOU" sign will be ready for the Boston games in Indy if this happens.

Can't you at least say something differant here????

I don't know if I can stand to read posts from you where I agree with everything you say. :)

Needless to say, I'm with Seth on this.

Takes nothing away from what Reggie did on the floor here, but this will certainly diminish what I think of his legacy anyway. Whether anybody else feels that way or not.

Trader Joe
08-15-2007, 04:59 PM
IDK for me its hard to just toss away all the memories of Reggie, he is the reason I watch the NBA. Hell he is the reason I care about sports at all. He is the reason I live and die with the Pacers, but I'll flat out say it if Reggie comes back in my humblest of opinion its hard to not to consider him a flat out liar and hypocrite. Listen to his final interview on ABC after losing to the Pistons, and tell me that man didn't basically say he's a Pacer to his core. More than anything I just can't imagine this...

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5750/regbosbw0.jpg

Yeah I know 31 is retired but you get the point.

JayRedd
08-15-2007, 05:13 PM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5750/regbosbw0.jpg

13 is available.

I'm excited. Let's get after it.

naptownmenace
08-15-2007, 05:25 PM
It could be worse... he could sign with the Lakers.

Hicks
08-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Why do I now see JayRedd/Reggie = ajbry/Jackson? I'm not saying it's wrong, but I'm saying it's coming from a completely different direction than me. I loved Reggie because he made the memories FOR US. For the jersey that said "INDIANA" across the chest. If he had done it for another team, I would have probably admired him a great deal, but that's not even close to the same as I actually feel about him.

Mr. Pacer. I don't think he deserves that nickname anymore if he does this. That title goes back to who it probably should have never (if even unofficially by a select few) left: Bobby "Slick" Leonard.

I think I need to hear his justification for not coming back to the Pacers (even though I think I already know) before I completely start to make up my mind on how I feel about this.

I'm torn. I can't bring myself to dislike him, but this just puts a big black stain on my positive feelings for him. The Pacers... Indiana... it's not good enough for him anymore. That's what it ultimately says to me, as a fan of the Indiana Pacers and as a born and raised native of this state. We're not good enough for Reggie Miller anymore.

So maybe there's nothing to wait for. Maybe that last paragraph says it all for me right there. I'll enjoy watching him play again, but in the bigger picture this stains how I feel about him because ultimately the Pacers were NOT #1 in his heart. They used to be, but not anymore. If he'd stayed away, there would be no serious amount of questioning it, but now it's clear that it's not that simple because he's even serious about trying this with another team. That's enough to tell me that we aren't #1 for him.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt Indiana/The Pacers will always mean a lot to him, but I never used to doubt that they were #1. Apparently we make a nice #2.

LG33
08-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Why do I now see JayRedd/Reggie = ajbry/Jackson?

Yeah, but there's one big difference: I like ajbry.

Back to the question at hand. Your posts echo my thoughts on this subject, which is why I've been able (relatively) to keep quiet. Signing with another team will hurt the Reggie/Indiana relationship on both sides.

Trader Joe
08-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Why do I now see JayRedd/Reggie = ajbry/Jackson? I'm not saying it's wrong, but I'm saying it's coming from a completely different direction than me. I loved Reggie because he made the memories FOR US. For the jersey that said "INDIANA" across the chest. If he had done it for another team, I would have probably admired him a great deal, but that's not even close to the same as I actually feel about him.

Mr. Pacer. I don't think he deserves that nickname anymore if he does this. That title goes back to who it probably should have never (if even unofficially by a select few) left: Bobby "Slick" Leonard.

I think I need to hear his justification for not coming back to the Pacers (even though I think I already know) before I completely start to make up my mind on how I feel about this.

I'm torn. I can't bring myself to dislike him, but this just puts a big black stain on my positive feelings for him. The Pacers... Indiana... it's not good enough for him anymore. That's what it ultimately says to me, as a fan of the Indiana Pacers and as a born and raised native of this state. We're not good enough for Reggie Miller anymore.

So maybe there's nothing to wait for. Maybe that last paragraph says it all for me right there. I'll enjoy watching him play again, but in the bigger picture this stains how I feel about him because ultimately the Pacers were NOT #1 in his heart. They used to be, but not anymore. If he'd stayed away, there would be no serious amount of questioning it, but now it's clear that it's not that simple because he's even serious about trying this with another team. That's enough to tell me that we aren't #1 for him.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt Indiana/The Pacers will always mean a lot to him, but I never used to doubt that they were #1. Apparently we make a nice #2.

To me it would seem that while all the memories Reggie made for us wouldn't be gone they would however be cheapened. The biggest reason they were so special was because Reggie was a Pacer and maybe even more importantly an adopted Hoosier. Now all that stuff he said after the Bulls and Pistons games seems like media fluff to me.

Kegboy
08-15-2007, 06:20 PM
He's never won the last game he played in a season.

He won the NIT championship over Indiana in '86. Not to mention the WBC in '94 and the Olympics in '96.

And Jay, I think you're right. You don't get it because you're not from Indiana. As Hicks said, this goes to the same "fan of a player/ fan of a team" argument we've had for the last 3 years.

I'm not gonna badmouth the guy because it's his right to do whatever he wants. But this hurts. It really, really hurts.

JayRedd
08-15-2007, 06:50 PM
And Jay, I think you're right. You don't get it because you're not from Indiana. As Hicks said, this goes to the same "fan of a player/ fan of a team" argument we've had for the last 3 years.

I'm not a Hoosier. But I'm certainly a Pacers fan moreso than a Reggie Miller fan. His flair, his shooting, his haircut and his Kid and Play dance routines got me interested in the Pacers, and by the time he was literally butting heads with Starks I can say I was sold on him as my favorite player at the time.

But I became and remained an Indiana Pacer fan because I loved the TEAM and the Rifleman and Detlef and the Davis boys and Vern and Mark and Jalen and Derrick and Rik and Mully and Travis Best and Eddie Johnson and Haywoode and Smooth and Byron and JO and Ron Ron and Austin and, of course, The Mayor.

It may be an Indiana thing, but it's not a "fan of a player" thing.

It's just how I feel about players I love.

I like to see them succeed in other things and do what they love. Or if not succeed, I just enjoy them still being in my life somewhat. I bleed Red Sox red and in no way hate Pedro for going to the Mets. In fact, I hope he wins another ring as long as it doesn't come at the expense of the Red Sox. Maybe I just don't have the betrayal gene. (Wade Boggs is a slightly different story, but that's a whole other can of worms. Plus I was like 16. And it was the Yankees. And he rode that ******* horse. And he was a wife beater and a general prick of a human being. Also, I got over it.)

MagicRat
08-15-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm not gonna badmouth the guy because it's his right to do whatever he wants. But this hurts. It really, really hurts.

During dinner tonight I told my wife that he sounded pretty serious about it today and she got teary-eyed.............

Doddage
08-15-2007, 08:21 PM
If this happens, I really want Jermaine to stay on the team.

For that matter, I'd want us to muster up some kind of miraculous effort to win the championship, or at least just make it to the Finals.

Hicks
08-15-2007, 08:52 PM

Yep. It's his choice, but as he's free to do whatever he wants, we're free to feel however we choose (if you can call it a choice) to feel about that decision.

Slick Pinkham
08-15-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm kind of torn. I was a Pacer fan long before Reggie was drafted but he became my favorite player.

After the last 2 years my affection for the Pacers is at a 40-year low. Now the Celtics of all teams have just about as many likeable players.

I suppose part of me will pull for him. Not very loudly though.

Anybody want to buy his rookie card from me?

Doug
08-15-2007, 09:19 PM
F*** him!

Sorry, but Reggie IS the Pacers and the Pacers ARE Reggie. They are that linked, and will be until this franchise establishes something, anything.

I'm hurt, and disappointed. 99.99% of the players in the NBA would kill to have a career, an IMPACT like Reggie.

And that's not enough.

Be happy with what you accomplished, you've got nothing to prove you selfish SOB.

Yes, I'm being immature. So #!#$!@#$ what. Why not just stick a knife the the franchise's back, then p*** on it while it bleeds blue and gold all over the sidewalk. Thanks Reggie, Mr. Pacer.

Sure, Jordan played somewhere else. So did Malone.

A better comparison is Ernie Banks. How would the Cub fans felt if he decided to play a season with St. Louis in 1973? Pretty !#@$!@ hurt, that's how.

indygeezer
08-15-2007, 09:42 PM
I will pray daily that the Pacers knock the Celtics out of the playoffs.

Bball
08-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Reggie did alot for the Pacers... I'm not nearly as convinced the Pacers did the same for him. Bank account? Yes... Team building?

-Bball

Rajah Brown
08-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Jay-

Agreed on Pedro. Though if he'd gone to the Yankees...

Infinite MAN_force
08-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Reggie did alot for the Pacers... I'm not nearly as convinced the Pacers did the same for him. Bank account? Yes... Team building?

-Bball

I dont see that at all. We were an ECF/finals contending team for like seven years... than went for broke gathering talented players for another run. We put up with Artest's **** to try to stay at a championship level for reggie, it hurt the team in the long run, but this franchise did everything to try to get him a ring.

Infinite MAN_force
08-15-2007, 11:11 PM
I will pray daily that the Pacers knock the Celtics out of the playoffs.

Oh beautiful irony, thats the ideal situation if he comes back. I will still love reggie, but he deserves to get knocked on his *** for pulling this crap.

MagicRat
08-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Here's a little something for those with strong stomachs..........

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/reggiec1.jpg

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/reggiec2.jpg

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/reggiec3.jpg

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/reggiec4.jpg

BobbyMac
08-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Well, I was a Pacer fan before Reggie, Im still a Pacer fan, if Reggie signs with the Celts I will root against him just as hard as I rooted against Bird....Much as I loved Reggie, if he's not a Pacer he's not ******

LG33
08-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Here's a little something for those with strong stomachs..........

:puke: I was not strong enough.

MagicRat
08-15-2007, 11:52 PM
:puke: I was not strong enough.

Accept this with my apologies.........

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/rushhour15.jpg

LG33
08-16-2007, 12:12 AM
HAHAHA, NICE! Except, Tinsley's hair is atrocious. I love the subtitle though. "Mad Props".

Trader Joe
08-16-2007, 12:20 AM

-Bball

Chris Mullin? Jalen Rose? Bring back Mark Jackson? I think the Pacers did all they could.

Hicks
08-16-2007, 12:20 AM

-Bball

Utter nonsense.

indyman37
08-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Chris Mullin? Jalen Rose? Bring back Mark Jackson? I think the Pacers did all they could.
Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson, wait a minute...

Bball
08-16-2007, 03:06 AM
Utter nonsense.

Is not!

:-p

Isaac
08-16-2007, 03:38 AM
Come on, we put together a team that won 61 games and looked like a legit contender. They put together the best talent possible, and couldn't have forseen it all imploding like it did.

Sure you can argue that we shouldn't have given Ron a second (OK, maybe 5th) chance, but he did and said all the right things after the brawl season, and all of the fans were for him coming back as well.

Peck
08-16-2007, 03:43 AM
Come on, we put together a team that won 61 games and looked like a legit contender. They put together the best talent possible, and couldn't have forseen it all imploding like it did.

Sure you can argue that we shouldn't have given Ron a second (OK, maybe 5th) chance, but he did and said all the right things after the brawl season, and all of the fans were for him coming back as well.

Whoa, whoa, whoa....

Let's not get carried away here. There were some of us who were begging the Pacers to get rid of him his first full season here.

To say that they couldn't forsee it imploding like it did, I'll grant you. But to say they couldn't forsee the myriad problems that he (and others) brought to this franchise is just wrong.

They new about Ron's problems, they new what a drag he was on the entire roster.

Also not just pinning this all on Ron either. They new they had accumulated a roster of knuckleheads as well as had a big giant void in leadership.

This was a monster of thier own making. Sadly Larry Bird is taking all of the blame for this and the teflon Don is once again skating away without a black mark by his name.

bellisimo
08-16-2007, 04:44 AM
This is really messed up.
If he does come back - then I will put the blame on Reggie for not winning the championship in Indiana. That Ty Chandler block - WHY THE HELL DID HE NOT TAKE IT TO THE RIM??!?! - costs us the series and the championship.

He will no longer be Uncle Reg...more like a distant stranger....
thanks for the memories....NOT!

Edit: -/sarcasm

one person can not be blamed for an organization not winning a championship...although D. Stern does try his best from time to time :)

Kstat
08-16-2007, 05:22 AM
If he does come back - then I will put the blame on Reggie for not winning the championship in Indiana.

...you're right. That really is messed up...

That Ty Chandler block - WHY THE HELL DID HE NOT TAKE IT TO THE RIM??!?! - costs us the series and the championship.

...I'll never forget that day when Antonio Davis fouled Patrick Ewing on that 3-pointer in 1999. The Pacers could have two rings now. Such a shame...

...if you really considered Reggie your Uncle before, he's probably better off with you thinking of him more as a distant stranger....

bellisimo
08-16-2007, 05:26 AM

...I'll never forget that day when Antonio Davis fouled Patrick Ewing on that 3-pointer in 1999. The Pacers could have two rings now. Such a shame...

...if you really considered Reggie your Uncle before, he's probably better off with you thinking of him more as a distant stranger....

i knew you'd reply ;)
i should've added the sarcastic smily in the end i guess :D

DgR
08-16-2007, 05:55 AM
If he does come back - then I will put the blame on Reggie for not winning the championship in Indiana. That Ty Chandler block - WHY THE HELL DID HE NOT TAKE IT TO THE RIM??!?! - costs us the series and the championship.

:-o
I think you're over reacting a little...
I would be disappointed if he did decide to go to BOS but I like to think that if we had a contending team- Reggie probably would have returned to Indy rather than BOS or anywhere else.
He hasn't won a ring yet and he feels he can still contribute to a contending team rather than just joining the ride- and if that's true- it's a legitimate reason to consider a comeback.
I agree that he can be blamed for not winning a ring in Indy- he played on some fantastic teams in the decade before he retired and had plenty of chances to go all the way- but he didn't- and I dont think any less of him for it.
Him returning to play on another team at 42 after starring for 18 years on my favourite team is inconsequential to me- he would still be my favourite player of all time- I would not consider him a traitor or anything like that....

ChicagoJ
08-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Tyson Chandler in a playoff game? :sarcasm:

Tayshun Prince is burying his head in shame.

Bball
08-16-2007, 02:03 PM

I'll never forget the play where Kevin Mchale stole the inbounds pass from Joe Dumars and passed it to Danny Ainge for the win. Things like that just get etched into your memory.

;)

-Bball

JayRedd
08-16-2007, 02:12 PM
"A steal by McHale....underneath to DA....he lays it in!!"

Best call Chick Hearns ever made.

Speed
08-16-2007, 02:17 PM
I remember it like it was yesterday when Magic Johnson won his sixth championship after he pushed off on Byron Scott for Utah and just held that pose with his hand in the air, Good times. I bet commish Howard Stern still wishes it was those pasta days now....

I literally could enjoy doing this all day, really.

ChicagoJ
08-16-2007, 02:19 PM
That's better - at least get players on the wrong team.

Speed
08-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Peter Boyles call when Reggie beat the Bullets "HE HITS, HE HITS, HE HITS, HE HITS...... Follow the Yellow brick road, the fish is Dead, the final, the Pacers 187 the Bullets 43." I'm going tear up.