PDA

View Full Version : all those JO-topics

DEEman
08-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Maybe im not the right person to say this, im frankly just a fanatic reader not a poster on this forum.

But is there any way to organise topics just a little bit? I was very happy with the idear of one JO-trade topic. But take a look at the top 10 topics, 6 are about JO. Isnt there a way to give every player his own topic, or something else like that to make it a little bit easier to read all the news about one subject/rumor

Roy Munson
08-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Maybe im not the right person to say this, im frankly just a fanatic reader not a poster on this forum.

But is there any way to organise topics just a little bit? I was very happy with the idear of one JO-trade topic. But take a look at the top 10 topics, 6 are about JO. Isnt there a way to give every player his own topic, or something else like that to make it a little bit easier to read all the news about one subject/rumor

The problem I see is that when the trading deadline comes and JO is still a Pacer, the JO-Trade thread will contain a couple million posts. At some point it needs to start fresh...maybe at the beginning of each month, for example, the "the official August JO Trade thread", then "the official September JO Trade thread", etc.,

maragin
08-08-2007, 12:57 PM
If we were so concerned with simplicity we could combine all PD threads into one topic. One topic for all Pacers related things, no matter how different or unique.

I kid, of course.

I'm against over-regulation of messageboard threads, as when new threads are allowed, they often take a different angle/ approach. Threads on the subject that aren't as good die off, similar to natural selection.

Massive thread merging of a popular topic leads to one giant, cumbersome shoutfest where it is impossible to keep up, let alone carry on discussions, which is the main reason I come to PD.

ChicagoJ
08-08-2007, 01:02 PM
We don't disagree. On the other hand, there is the "troll management" issue, and keeping them to one-or-two threads vs. having the entire front page (who am I kidding... the first four pages) littered with similar JO topics/ trade proposals is also part of the equation.

That's why Shade created the sticky.

We understand that the mammoth JO thread is not reader-friendly. There are a number of pages in the middle that I've never read. I'm sure Btown has a "big man coach" crack directed at me in there somewhere. :D

JayRedd
08-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Shouldn't this be in the JO speculation thread?

Kegboy
08-08-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm sure Btown has a "big man coach" crack directed at me in there somewhere. :D

Nope, just ones directed at me.

What we need is the ability to Ignore threads.

Major Cold
08-08-2007, 01:48 PM
its time to move this thread to the JO Jupiter thread.

pwee31
08-08-2007, 02:02 PM

Well apparently there's 7 now! :-p

Infinite MAN_force
08-08-2007, 11:12 PM
When threads get really redundent I have no problem with mods merging them and what not, but that JO trade thread was a nightmare. You have to strike some sort of balance.

bellisimo
08-09-2007, 08:22 AM
it is nothing compared to the "freakin' thread" found in shout box. :)

Kegboy
08-09-2007, 09:51 AM
I think they should merge all the ROT IN HELL!!! threads.

Frank Slade
08-09-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm still waiting for the random JO thoughts thread.
And an valid excuse to use this smilie.
:sheepy::sheepy:

TripleThreat
08-09-2007, 04:38 PM
i think that instead of a Pacers forum, there should be a forum for each player...past and present.

Then there should be a forum where we talk about multiple players...such as a Davis boys thread...a Reggie/Mark thread, an Artest/SJax thread...

that would be so cool!

:cool: