PDA

View Full Version : So you are in the crowd where barry hits 756...

Brian
08-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Lets say you happened to be in the crowd well 756 falls...knowing you can get at least 6 figures from the sale of this ball,but you are with your signifigant other.

Guys-Do you protect your lady and explain to her that you will make enough money off of this ball to pay off all of you bills.

Or do you watch as the ball falls right at your feet but you grab your lady and cover her from the mob of people fighting for the ball?.

I know what I would do,but I wanna see how honest some of you are.

Fool
08-08-2007, 11:26 AM
It falls at my feet? I'm smothering that thing like I'm a war hero on a grenade. I'll buy the girl a chocolate factory.

avoidingtheclowns
08-08-2007, 11:33 AM
easy...throw her on top of the ball and then protect her from the mob. win-win

Hicks
08-08-2007, 11:41 AM
i'd simply let her know up front the risk, and that if it lands we should BOTH be going for it.

Gyron
08-08-2007, 12:09 PM
easy...throw her on top of the ball and then protect her from the mob. win-win

Perfect solution:laugh:

Naptown_Seth
08-09-2007, 12:09 PM
i'd simply let her know up front the risk, and that if it lands we should BOTH be going for it.
Forget that, she's holding off the mob with mace and a Kandi-tazer. This is a TEAM effort, there's no "I might break a nail" in team.

You know, like the couple in Pulp Fiction.

"ANY OF YOU M-Fers F WITH THIS BALL AND I'LL EXECUTE EVERY M-Fing LAST ONE OF YOU!"

DisplacedKnick
08-09-2007, 02:42 PM
It's all about the ball. All other considerations are secondary.

If that created hard feelings I'd later explain to her that a man's balls are sacred and if she didn't understand then I'm better off without her anyway.

Evan_The_Dude
08-09-2007, 10:12 PM
She'll hate me that day but she'll love my money later. My decision is obvious. If she takes a few punches to the face while I'm going after the ball, it's nothing the plastic surgery that I'll be able to afford to buy her won't fix.

Anthem
08-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Yeah, this is pretty straightforward.

Girlfriends come and go, but 100 large should last for months.

Eindar
08-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Is this even a legitimate question?

If she gets upset for you choosing the ball over her safety, she's no good for you anyway. Relationships are about sacrifice for long-term gain!

Brian
08-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Hahaha...I really thought alot of you guys would pull the ol' "I would protect my girl..blah blah"...

You guys are making me proud. haha

bellisimo
08-10-2007, 11:02 AM
hell most girls I hang out with know how to handle the ball rather well...so for sure they're gonna help out ;)

ABADays
08-19-2007, 08:46 PM
I would make sure I got the ball just to make sure Bonds didn't get it.

grace
08-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Is this even a legitimate question?

If she gets upset for you choosing the ball over her safety, she's no good for you anyway. Relationships are about sacrifice for long-term gain!

I never thought I'd agree with Eindar on anything, but on this I do.

Hahaha...I really thought alot of you guys would pull the ol' "I would protect my girl..blah blah"...

Any guy like that wouldn't be posting around here.

Suaveness
08-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Throw the girl into the crowd to stop others from getting the ball. She can be a shield that way

Moses
08-21-2007, 01:18 AM
I would grab the ball with one hand and throw her into the crowd with the other to keep them off me. Then I'd curl up into a ball and wait for security.

DisplacedKnick
08-23-2007, 03:58 PM

Well, actually ...

If she and I are at a game we'd have this all worked out before Barry ever got to the plate. That ball comes my way and she better have her mace in hand.

Perfect chance for her to prove her trust in our relationship - I'll agree to cover the court costs in case it comes to that.

But surely she can smile sweetly at a judge when someone's suing her for getting pepper sprayed and say, "Baseball? I don't know anything about any baseball - when all those men started jumping toward me I was terrified and thought I just HAD to protect myself."

We could make this work.

Brian
08-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Well, actually ...

If she and I are at a game we'd have this all worked out before Barry ever got to the plate. That ball comes my way and she better have her mace in hand.

Perfect chance for her to prove her trust in our relationship - I'll agree to cover the court costs in case it comes to that.

But surely she can smile sweetly at a judge when someone's suing her for getting pepper sprayed and say, "Baseball? I don't know anything about any baseball - when all those men started jumping toward me I was terrified and thought I just HAD to protect myself."

We could make this work.

Good idea,kill 2 birds with 1 stone.You get the ball,and you countersue whatever guy came at your girl for attemted assualt.

dohman
08-28-2007, 04:09 AM
Like they said up top. shed be using mace and a tazer. If that doesn't work id have her show her boobs while I fight for the ball