PDA

View Full Version : When it is all said and done

pianoman
08-07-2007, 09:07 PM
I get asked by my friends often who will have the best career.
I am a pacers fan, and I'm trying to be realistic but I think Danny will have the best career... actually I am split between him and LJ.
I think LeBron will not be so successful for too many years unless he gets some major help in Cleveland.
carmelo just dosen't impress me with AI(who is another ball hog). Shawne Is hard to predict but i still see a star. \Finally, Brandon Roy. The rookie of the year. Still really like him and see him as a 2nd option to a star. sorta like MJ and Rodman.

GrangerRanger
08-07-2007, 09:14 PM
No way Danny has the better carreer man.

Lebron James averaged 20 points a game in his first season and like 28 in his second. Thats at 18 and 19. Danny is 24-25 and Lebron is just coming off a season where he could still be in College. Factoring in how many more years Lebron will play and comparing how they'll both played in there first two years, I'll take Lebron over anyone on that list.

P.S.

Chris Paul isn't on your poll...yeah.

P.P.S.

Scottie Pippen was the second option to Mj, no?

Kstat
08-07-2007, 09:20 PM
The idea of danny granger being better than leBron James is an insult to my intelligence.

As purely a homer poll, it's admirable and humorous. But I can't take this thread seriously. I just can't.

The two pacers on that list have no business being in the same poll as the other three guys. At least with Shawne you can claim "untapped potential," but he belongs in a poll with Gerald Green, Marvin Williams, Dorrell Wright, Amir Johnson, etc.

ajbry
08-07-2007, 09:20 PM
You lost me by putting Danny and Shawne in the poll, period...

You lost me again by saying LeBron won't have much more success - dude has already singlehandedly taken a group of medicore players to the Finals. Danny ain't even a consistent #3 option yet.

You lost me again when you questioned Melo (and I don't understand what Iverson has to do with it). Carmelo is one of the premier volume scorers on the planet.

You lost me again when you compared Roy to Dennis Rodman. Roy is already a better player than Danny and he's only had 1 season.

We all like Danny for the most part, but his potential isn't nearly as high as most fans here seem to think. I would personally be content with him as a 17 PPG (#2 or #3 option) player who is a reliable defender and a locker room leader. Anything otherwise and you're leaping into the realm of delusion - where you currently seem to be residing quite happily...

pianoman
08-07-2007, 09:28 PM
sorry for wasting my time. can someone please delete this thread?:cry::cry::cry:

LG33
08-07-2007, 09:31 PM
You'd be a fool not to choose LeBron, but, alas, I am a fool, so I will choose Carmelo Anthony who I think I like better. Coincidentally, Sam Alipour is reporting that Brandon Roy is already better than the rest and is currently looking around for a good hotel for this HOF induction ceremony.

BlueNGold
08-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Certainly Lebron James is the best player...although Melo is close.

In any event, I think Brandon Roy will be winning championships in a few years. Lebron will flounder in Cleveland. Melo and Denver are going nowhere but down in a couple years and are not even close right now.

That's why Roy will have what is considered the better career....he will have won championships due to brilliant management.

Evan_The_Dude
08-07-2007, 09:38 PM
If you were to take away ppg averages and overall talent, and just look at longevity and overall success (on a championship level), then it's unfair to put any of those on that poll. What am I talking about? Let me use an example...

You can talk about Shaq, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Dwayne Wade, Tony Parker, etc. all you want, but Robert Horry overall has had a more successful career than all of them. If Indiana becomes a championship team, or if Danny Granger becomes a career role player on some championship squads, then you could say he might have the best career. As I look at the poll now, it would be safe to say that Lebron has the best chance at having the best career because of his ability to carry his team, but at the same time trust his team mates. Surround him with a reliable All-Star caliber player, and some better role players, and whatever team he is on is and will always be a threat.

d_c
08-07-2007, 09:39 PM
As a fan of a team that doesn't have any of those players you mentioned, I like Danny Granger, but he's not even in the same stratosphere as Lebron James.

Lebron (who is younger by a couple of years) just led a team of nobodies to the NBA Finals with a combination of talent and sheer force of will. Do you see Danny Granger doing that with this current Pacer bunch within the next 2-3 years? I mean seriously, come on. Danny Granger hasn't even accomplished anything remotely close to that.

Consider that when Lebron was drafted, the Cavs had the WORST record in the league. Well since then, who have they added? An overpaid Larry Hughes? And anything they've added was balanced out by losing Carlos Boozer. He got drafted straight out of HS and 4 years later he's in the finals with no other all-star additions to that team.

Danny is also not better than Carmelo, who is one of the league's best scorers. Say whatever you want about Carmelo, but that dude has been in the playoffs every single year in the Western Conf and he's been the best player on the team. They were trash before he got there. Now they're pretty much automatic every year to make the playoffs and he's their best player.

Brandon Roy and Dennis Rodman have nothing in common except that both have played NBA games in the NBA.

Shade
08-07-2007, 09:45 PM
:booprivatepoll:

Kstat
08-07-2007, 09:48 PM
If you were to take away ppg averages and overall talent, and just look at longevity and overall success (on a championship level), then it's unfair to put any of those on that poll. What am I talking about? Let me use an example...

You can talk about Shaq, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Dwayne Wade, Tony Parker, etc. all you want, but Robert Horry overall has had a more successful career than all of them. If Indiana becomes a championship team, or if Danny Granger becomes a career role player on some championship squads, then you could say he might have the best career. As I look at the poll now, it would be safe to say that Lebron has the best chance at having the best career because of his ability to carry his team, but at the same time trust his team mates. Surround him with a reliable All-Star caliber player, and some better role players, and whatever team he is on is and will always be a threat.

That makes no sense.

Nobody will ever say Will Perdue had a better career than Patrick Ewing.

Did Robert Horry have a better career than Reggie Miller? THat's laughable.

Championships are not the sole measure of a player's career. THey are only a facot.

GrangerRanger
08-07-2007, 09:53 PM
I actually look at Robert Horry and say he's a legit HOF first ballad guy. So many big shots, so many times his team needed him and he pulled through for them. He's got 7 rings, one more then the greatest player of all time. I love Reggie, I really do, but I would have to go with Robert. He's probably not as good as shooter as Reggie, but don't kid yourself, he can shoot with the best of them.

That's a fair assessment.

And it's cool Piano, no one needs to delete the thread. Just take more time to think about making a thread before you actually post it. Read it over, look over stats, and then see what happens from there.

Rajah Brown
08-07-2007, 09:55 PM
I love Granger as a kid and he has a nice, developing game. But the
degree to which some Pacer fans overstimate his potential and
eventual ceiling is kinda mind boggling.

I guess in light of all the bums we've had the last 2-3 years it's
somewhat understandable since he's such a good, solid kid who
seems very appreciative of how lucky he is to be playing hoops
for a living.

Kstat
08-07-2007, 09:55 PM
I actually look at Robert Horry and say he's a legit HOF first ballad guy. So many big shots, so many times his team needed him and he pulled through for them. He's got 7 rings, one more then the greatest player of all time. I love Reggie, I really do, but I would have to go with Robert. He's probably not as good as shooter as Reggie, but don't kid yourself, he can shoot with the best of them.

Dude....

Reggie Miller>>>>>>>>Horry. I dn't think I have time to type enough >'s that it would take to make that comment accurate.

Horry is not a first, second, third, or 75th ballot HOFer. Hall of fame is a combination of both team AND individual success. Horry never even made an all-star team, let alone an all-NBA team.

Yes, he's one of the great clutch shooters of all time, but so it Steve Kerr, and he isn't anywhere near the HoF either.

ajbry
08-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Dude....

Reggie Miller>>>>>>>>Horry. I dn't think I have time to type enough >'s that it would take to make that comment accurate.

Horry is not a first, second, theird, or 75th ballot HOFer.

Agreed. Horry has carved out possibly the luckiest niche in the history of the NBA. Dude just goes to teams that win championships. It's never solely because he was there.

GrangerRanger
08-07-2007, 09:57 PM
In terms of overall ability to play the game and score points, sure I'll give it Reggie. But to be a hall of famer, I don't think it's really about scoring points as much as it is about winning and raising the level of play around you. I really would think it's a shame if Robert doesn't make it into the hall.

Shade
08-07-2007, 09:59 PM

Any logic that effectively states that Darko Milicic > Reggie Miller/Patrick Ewing/Charles Barkley/Karl Malone is obviously horribly, horribly, HORRIBLY flawed.

BlueNGold
08-07-2007, 09:59 PM
The question was not who is the most talented basketball player. What makes a player's career are playoff performances and especially championships.

If Lebron never wins a championship, he will be viewed in the realm of Charles Barkley IMO. Incredible player, great career, but lacks the prize.

Also Roy is BY FAR a better player than Horry. The analogy does not work IMO. He averaged nearly 17ppg his rookie year and his overall numbers were very good. He will be averaging 20+ppg for a very, very long time with Oden and Aldridge pressuring the paint....and with all the other role players excellent management will put together.

In contrast, Lebron's team is not going to get better as presently constructed. It is a very old team except for LJ and Daniel Gibson...and maybe Gooden who is not that good anyway. Snow and Marshall are 34. Z is moving out of his prime and has never been that healthy. Perhaps they will make some good moves, but I don't see them getting any better and they were no competition for the Spurs at all. Once Z leaves, they will be hurting at C. Gooden is not good enough. Hughes is wildly overrated. They are just not that good.

As for Melo, he's clearly a loser. If you haven't seen a loser before, maybe you don't recognize it. In any event, his team is already headed downhill and is nowhere near winning it right now. Melo will never win a championship in Denver...because Portland, Phoenix and the Spurs will win the next 10.

Granger and Williams are barely starters on a championship and should not even be mentioned in the same breath....obviously.

Kstat
08-07-2007, 10:02 PM
As for Melo, he's clearly a loser. If you haven't seen a loser before, maybe you don't recognize it.

I guess Jim Boeheim and Mike Krzyzewski can't recognize a loser either...

ajbry
08-07-2007, 10:02 PM
As for Melo, he's clearly a loser. If you haven't seen a loser before, maybe you don't recognize it. In any event, his team is already headed downhill and is nowhere near winning it right now. Melo will never win a championship in Denver...because Portland, Phoenix and the Spurs will win the next 10.

Um, he sort of lead his team to an NCAA championship as a freshman...

Kstat
08-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Um, he sort of lead his team to an NCAA championship as a freshman...

Not to mention he single-handedly carried team USA last summer to an 8-1 record and a bronze medal...

GrangerRanger
08-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Hall of Fame Numbers:

- 7 Championships. He is of a select group of company of 9, including himself to win 7 or more rings and the only that wasn't on the Celtic's 1960's dynasty.

- He and John Salley hold the record for winning rings with three different teams.

-Horry is second on the all-time list of three-pointers made in the playoffs, behind only our Reggie Miller

- Horry has played in more playoff games then any other player beside Kareem Abdul - Jabbar.

- He also holds the record for three-pointers all-time in the NBA Finals with 53, having broken Michael Jordan's previous record of 42 whose a first ballad hall of famer.

- He holds the NBA Playoffs record for most three-point field goals made in a game without a miss (7), against the Utah Jazz in Game 2 of the 1997 Western Conference Semifinals.

Shade
08-07-2007, 10:07 PM
I guess Jim Boeheim and Mike Krzyzewski can't recognize a loser either...

Damn losers and their silly championship trophies.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/photos/2003-04-07-inside-anthony2.jpg

ajbry
08-07-2007, 10:07 PM
- He and John Salley hold the record for winning rings with three different teams.

- He holds the NBA Playoffs record for most three-point field goals made in a game without a miss (7), against the Utah Jazz in Game 2 of the 1997 Western Conference Semifinals.

Somehow I don't exactly see the first item warranting HOF consideration, any time you're compared to John Salley it ain't too special. Let's be real here.

The second item was practically tied by this dude in this season's playoffs, if only he didn't take an eighth three out of rhythm. I don't recall the guy's name though...

Kstat
08-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Hall of Fame Numbers:

being in a class with john salley does not help your cause for the hall of fame...

- Horry has played in more playoff games then any other player beside Kareem Abdul - Jabbar.

Tayshaun Prince is well on pace to pass him up, and I don't see him in the hall of fame, either.

- He also holds the record for three-pointers all-time in the NBA Finals with 53, having broken Michael Jordan's previous record of 42 whose a first ballad hall of famer.

Good for him for owning the NBA finals record for hitting the most wide open shots set up by the other 4 players on the floor.

Steve Kerr, baby...

BlueNGold
08-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Nice Bronze, but NCAA does not count. This is the NBA. His team will not be winning anything.

Kstat
08-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Horry never made an all-star team, nor did he make an all-NBA team. Case closed, he's never getting in.

When they make a hall for 2nd-rate role players, he'll be a sure-fire candidate.

Kstat
08-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Nice Bronze, but NCAA does not count. This is the NBA. His team will not be winning anything.

You said he was a career loser. Clearly, he isn't.

Shade
08-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Hall of Fame Numbers:

- 7 Championships. He is of a select group of company of 9, including himself to win 7 or more rings and the only that wasn't on the Celtic's 1960's dynasty.

-Horry is second on the all-time list of three-pointers made in the playoffs, behind only our Reggie Miller

I didn't realize we were talking about Robert Horry for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Everything makes so much more sense now.

Trader Joe

NCAA doesn't count? This is news to me. That Steve Alford's a loser too I guess.

As of right now Melo has more championships than Lebron.

grace
<------ :D

Trader Joe
08-07-2007, 10:12 PM
<------ :D

Joakim Noah lost all respect of being a winner after he did that "dance".

Oneal07
08-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Judge granger next year . . .I'm sure he'll be the second option to JO!! We need him to be

BlueNGold
08-07-2007, 10:14 PM
You said he was a career loser. Clearly, he isn't.

He's a great talent. Many players, Danny Manning, Christian Laettner....etc. win in the NCAA...but IMO, that doesn't matter on an NBA board. Even the bronze medal is not NBA. And bronze is clearly not that great based on our past performances.

Yes, the guy has talent. But so does Jermaine O'Neal. Whoop d Doo!

Shade
08-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Joakim Noah lost all respect of being a respectable human being after he did that "dance," and then showed up to the NBA draft with his best Prince impersonation.

Fixed.

Kstat
08-07-2007, 10:15 PM
He's a great talent. Many players, Danny Manning, Christian Laettner....etc. win in the NCAA...but IMO, that doesn't matter on an NBA board. Even the bronze medal is not NBA. And bronze is clearly not that great based on our past performances.

Yes, the guy has talent. But so does Jermaine O'Neal. Whoop d Doo!

Danny Manning and Christian Laettener were never considered loser, either...

ajbry
08-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Judge granger next year . . .I'm sure he'll be the second option to JO!! We need him to be

You realize the alternatives aren't too much competition this year, right?

Oneal07
If Charles Barkely is a HOF, I don't see why Horry Can't be one. . I wanna see Reggie in bfore Horry though. . should be a no brainer

Trader Joe
Fixed.

I dunno he kind of looks like Lil Jon in Grace's avatar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp/secret_shots/images/20050514_lil_jon.jpg http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3511/noahzv9.jpg
Long lost brothers?

I say "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH"

BlueNGold
Danny Manning and Christian Laettener were never considered loser, either...

They never took a cheap @ss sucker punch at anyone either. It's a clear sign...

Oneal07
08-07-2007, 10:17 PM
You realize the alternatives aren't too much competition this year, right?

Yeah, which is why I put He HAS TO BE!!!

ajbry
08-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Yeah, which is why I put He HAS TO BE!!!

Initially post-trade last season, he did a pretty solid job but then tailed off sharply. If he can stay around 16 PPG like he did in spurts last year, it'll be very nice.

Kstat
08-07-2007, 10:21 PM
If Charles Barkely is a HOF, I don't see why Horry Can't be one.

...because horry comes so close to matching Barkley's career numbers???

BlueNGold
08-07-2007, 10:23 PM
...because horry comes so close to matching Barkley's career numbers???

I'm with you on this one. Horry is a 6'10 Steve Kerr. He would be nothing without Shaq, Kobe, Hakeem, Duncan...and all the other basketball gods he sold his soul to play with...;)

Shade
08-07-2007, 10:24 PM
If Charles Barkely is a HOF, I don't see why Horry Can't be one. .

Oh my... :jawdrop:

I can't come up with a reply that can properly frame that one.

Kstat
08-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Career averages of 7 points, 5 rebounds and under one block per game...for a power forward.

If Horry gets in, I see no reason why Andrew Bynam shouldn't...

ajbry
These are the types of threads where PD misses the presence of Jermaniac.

DisplacedKnick
You guys do realize that if aliens are monitoring our transmissions from space and stumble across this thread that we'll be exterminated as unfit to continue to exist don't you?

Worst thread ever.

Delete it now! Save Humanity!

Evan_The_Dude
08-07-2007, 10:48 PM
That makes no sense.

Nobody will ever say Will Perdue had a better career than Patrick Ewing.

Did Robert Horry have a better career than Reggie Miller? THat's laughable.

Championships are not the sole measure of a player's career. THey are only a facot.

To us Robert Horry hasn't had a better career than Reggie Miller, but I bet Reggie Miller would trade a lot of his moments for Horry's rings. I may have taken the original post in a different context than most of you. In the way the post was written, I was taking it as it meaning the most successful as in the most championships. I do however believe us fans judge players more on stats and All-Star appearances, whereas I think a lot of NBA players judge each other by how many rings they have because the championship moment is what most players want more than anything.

BlueNGold
08-07-2007, 10:59 PM
To us Robert Horry hasn't had a better career than Reggie Miller, but I bet Reggie Miller would trade a lot of his moments for Horry's rings. I may have taken the original post in a different context than most of you. In the way the post was written, I was taking it as it meaning the most successful as in the most championships. I do however believe us fans judge players more on stats and All-Star appearances, whereas I think a lot of NBA players judge each other by how many rings they have because the championship moment is what most players want more than anything.

I took it basically the same way. I look at a player like Dominique Wilkins. Incredible talent and dunkmeister. But I don't look at his career as being as successful as Tony Parker's...and Parker is not even close to the talent level. But that's JMO.

If the question was just talent, it would be a different answer. There are many other factors that make a career: longevity, teamwork, leadership, community service...and of course the fruits of it all (championships). Yes, talent is part of the equation...but many talented players do not have these characteristics...and it weighs against them winning.

GrangerRanger
08-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Lol, I have to admit the John Salley record wasn't that great but John was a respectable role player, no?

BlueNGold
08-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Lol, I have to admit the John Salley record wasn't that great but John was a respectable role player, no?

Salley *might* have a better career now...even considering his championship.

Ransom
08-07-2007, 11:27 PM
They never took a cheap @ss sucker punch at anyone either. It's a clear sign...

Heck, Laettner gave a cheap kick to the gut of a UK player in arguably the biggest game of his life. Had the player reacted more strongly, he could have been kicked out right there and Duke would only have one title.

naptownmenace
08-07-2007, 11:57 PM
The idea of danny granger being better than leBron James is an insult to my intelligence.

As purely a homer poll, it's admirable and humorous. But I can't take this thread seriously. I just can't.

The two pacers on that list have no business being in the same poll as the other three guys. At least with Shawne you can claim "untapped potential," but he belongs in a poll with Gerald Green, Marvin Williams, Dorrell Wright, Amir Johnson, etc.

Exactly! And might I ask... where is DWade!

You have Danny and Shawne but no DWade who actually has a ring and might be the best SG in the league next to Kobe.

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs8/300W/i/2006/165/e/2/homer_simpson_on_a_chair_by_HamJava.jpg

Reggierock
08-08-2007, 12:38 AM
I would personally be content with him as a 17 PPG (#2 or #3 option) player who is a reliable defender and a locker room leader.

Who wouldn't be happy with that? I like Danny but he's never going to be in the league of the others no matter how hard we wish otherwise.

JayRedd
08-08-2007, 01:27 AM
Oh my... :jawdrop:

I can't come up with a reply that can properly frame that one.

How bout we just take the words right from Robert Horry himself to clear this one up completely.

Dan LeBatard: "Would you rather have your career or Charles Barkley's, Big Shot Bob?"

Robert Horry: "Barkley's. You want to win a championship, but you want to be considered one of the best of all time. All-Star. Hall of Fame. Even though I won championships, I'd take Charles' career."

(not the best link...but it was all over the place at the time and this was the first one I could find
http://integrityinyouthsports.blogspot.com/2006/03/everybody-wants-to-be-man.html)

Arcadian
08-08-2007, 01:44 AM
I really enjoyed this thread. Granger and Williams in the same poll as James, Melo never won anything, Horry in the Hall of Fame and John Salley sightings all in one thread.

On a serious note, the reason this thread is iffy is that JC Superstar was left off the poll.

Naptown_Seth
08-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Not to mention he single-handedly carried team USA last summer to an 8-1 record and a bronze medal...
Agreed, and I don't even care for his personality or NBA game. But what he showed with Team USA was high quality ball. He and Lebron made just about anything that happened happen.

That suggested that he was ready to mature. Then we had that fight and his cheap shot/sissy run thing. So back in the oven to cook a little more I suppose, but he's still very young.

Horry. Sheesh, does he get credit for Croshere's big fat contract too? He has hit big shots, but he's also put his team's into bad positions, including the Lakers having problems with Indy due to the AC/Horry mismatch.

Good post/quote JayRedd.

Kegboy
08-08-2007, 09:26 AM
:booprivatepoll:

QFT

And while Lebron will have the better career, Roy may end up with more rings thanks to Oden.

Anthem
08-08-2007, 09:33 AM
I want to know who voted for Shawne.

Kegboy
08-08-2007, 09:50 AM
I want to know who voted for Shawne.

Larry Bird.

ChicagoJ
08-08-2007, 11:41 AM
I think I can look it up.

ChicagoJ
08-08-2007, 11:43 AM
I looked it up.

Its somebody that hasn't been here long and I think people already aren't taking this poster seriously, so I'm just going to let it go.

JayRedd
08-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Its somebody that hasn't been here long and I think people already aren't taking this poster seriously.

I've been here for like a year now, I'll have you know.

ChicagoJ
08-08-2007, 11:55 AM
I have no witty response for you.

Please move along. Nothing to see here.

Gyron
08-08-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't know why we are arguing this. We all know once Eddie Gill and Stanko are voted in on the first ballot to the NBA hall of fame, they are going to close the doors because no one will ever eclipse their greatness.

bulldog
08-08-2007, 12:33 PM
The hall of fame is for recognizing a variety of achievments.

For example, there are many foreign players and coaches in the hall who were critical in starting basketball in their home country, some of whom were not even particularly successful in their domestic leagues, but were simply ambassadors of the game.

It's not all about NBA numbers and who was one of the top players of all time.
Horry has played a key role on many of the championship teams of the 90's and 00's. It's a unique accomplishment, I think he belongs in the Hall, even if he isn't even close to being inducted based on skill and talent alone.

JayRedd
08-08-2007, 12:37 PM
The hall of fame is for recognizing a variety of achievments.

For example, there are many foreign players and coaches in the hall who were critical in starting basketball in their home country, some of whom were not even particularly successful in their domestic leagues, but were simply ambassadors of the game.

It's not all about NBA numbers and who was one of the top players of all time.

And that's why Springfield is much less prestigious than Cooperstown and Canton, IMO.

KC Jones in a Hall of Fame is a joke. And so is Robert Horry.

They need an NBA Hall of Fame, IMO.

Roy Munson
08-08-2007, 12:59 PM
And that's why Springfield is much less prestigious than Cooperstown and Canton, IMO.

KC Jones in a Hall of Fame is a joke. And so is Robert Horry.

They need an NBA Hall of Fame, IMO.

Actually, it's a good thing there is a basketball Hall of Fame that includes KC Jones, otherwise young and uninformed fans like you who never saw him play might not understand what a good player he was and how many championships he contributed to, both as a player and a coach.

Fortunately, the Basketball Hall of Fame doesn't require that a person be a 80s, 90s or later media darling with highlight reel dunks and lucrative endorsements to be eligible for induction.

As far as I'm concerned the Hall of Fame could include ANYONE involved in the game of basketball, and not just players. I wouldn't care if they included the guy who invented the three-point line, some kid who was the best sweat-wiper-upper ever, and the best $8 beer vendor. They are all part of the game.

JayRedd
08-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Actually, it's a good thing there is a basketball Hall of Fame that includes KC Jones, otherwise young and uninformed fans like you who never saw him play might not understand what a good player he was and how many championships he contributed to, both as a player and a coach.

While I certainly do appreciate being labeled as uniformed, I don't really think we need to be inducting people as a player when they're behind Dee Brown on the franchise's all time scoring list.

5000 points in 9 seasons?

Dude better have been the best defender and passer of all time then. Should we start clearing a spot for Bruce Bowen and Horace Grant in Springfield too?

He did really good things in a suit on the sidelines, and I'm sure he was integral to the Celtics titles, but you really don't belong in a Hall of Fame when you're not even the best guy named Jones on your own team.

Kegboy
08-08-2007, 01:24 PM
I looked it up.

Its somebody that hasn't been here long and I think people already aren't taking this poster seriously, so I'm just going to let it go.

Just like I said, it's Larry Bird.

Roy Munson
08-08-2007, 01:26 PM
5000 points in 9 seasons?

Dude better have been the best defender and passer of all time then.

Some players are good scorers, some are good passers, some are good defenders, some are good leaders etc., That's what makes basketball an interesting game. If basketball was just about scoring, maybe they ought to pick the all-star teams by having a big HORSE tournament.

Many will argue that while Sam scored more than KC, KC was the more valuable of the Jones' on those teams. It's not all about scoring. It's about winning.

grace
08-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Joakim Noah lost all respect of being a winner after he did that "dance".

As much as I hate that dance he can dance 'til he drops if the Bulls win a ring.

Indianapolis_girly
08-10-2007, 04:16 PM
LeBron will probably have another nice year.
Carmelo being second in this list.

I love Danny and everything, but he shouldn't be in the same poll.
Maybe in a couple more years though.

naptown
08-11-2007, 07:02 AM
I have started to reply to this for 2 minutes. I cant stop laughing.

Lebron is one of those "comes along every ten years" talents. While Carmello is a very very good player, he still isnt in the same class as Lebron.

As for the others, they may end up as very good players with long productive careers, maybe even an all star appearance or two, but none of them are in the same class as Lebron.

Will Galen
08-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Certainly Lebron James is the best player...although Melo is close.

In any event, I think Brandon Roy will be winning championships in a few years. Lebron will flounder in Cleveland. Melo and Denver are going nowhere but down in a couple years and are not even close right now.

That's why Roy will have what is considered the better career....he will have won championships due to brilliant management.

Brilliant management? HAHAHAHA! Ping pong balls have more to do with it!

BlueNGold
08-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Brilliant management? HAHAHAHA! Ping pong balls have more to do with it!

Nothing beats having the picks they have had the last few years. However, it matters how a pick is used, and they used their picks well.

They picked Roy at #6 right AFTER Adam Morrison, Tyrus Thomas and Sheldon Williams were picked. I consider that a very good decision. Roy will be an all-star, but I'm not so sure about the other guys. They also deserve credit for sending Zach Randolph packing. Thankfully that poison will be drank by the Knicks instead. I expect Kevin Prichard will make a name for himself around the league.