PDA

View Full Version : Now this is HOT

Unclebuck
08-06-2007, 04:24 PM
This summer hasn't been very hot - sure we've had some 90 degree days - but it has been dry and the humidity has been low - but not today - now this is hot. Very hot. Sticky and steamy - as soon as you walk outside the air feels thick. I hate this weather

DisplacedKnick
08-06-2007, 04:29 PM
Today's the first day the hmidity's been real oppressive and the air isn't moving. It wasn't bad when I went to lunch but this afternoon it had built up - HI of 106 in Lafayette. Got a cookout at 6 this evening too - maybe it'll rain and we'll have to stay inside.

I think I'll read the first snow thread - maybe I'll feel better.

Lord Helmet
08-06-2007, 04:58 PM
This summer hasn't been very hot - sure we've had some 90 degree days - but it has been dry and the humidity has been low - but not today - now this is hot. Very hot. Sticky and steamy - as soon as you walk outside the air feels thick. I hate this weather
Better than winter's every day is a grey day and freezing.

Gyron
08-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Could be worse....You could be in Iraq with ABA where its like 120......

In the words of my brother who's over there as well......"Dry heat my a$$. Its still ****ING HOT!"

Spicoli
08-06-2007, 05:11 PM
I was hoping for some pictures of Jessica Alba................ :shrug:

indygeezer
08-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Fear not citizens for the days of the tree people will soon be upon us.

:D

Gyron
08-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Wonderful, then we'll have to worry about Spicoli's gas killing the wildlife again......

Spicoli
08-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Damn geezer, you're right. It's so close I can almost taste it. It's always hot that first week of October; but at the end of October, when the leaves are falling, and the highs are around 50 degrees, and the wind has just that little brisk feeling, and that monster buck walks right underneath you . . . it gets no better than that my friend.

:cool:

Well, that is, as long as your gas doesn't scare the poor ******* away. :arrgh:

Gyron
08-06-2007, 05:31 PM
I thought you used that as a tranquilizer Spicoli? I mean anything that gets within smelling range of that is bound to pass out. Especially if you had some of your famous Venison Chili right before climbing the tree.

Hicks
08-06-2007, 05:40 PM

I had the exact same thought as you when I stepped outside early this afternoon. I've listened to many comment about how hot it's been all week, but this was the first time I felt it was REALLY hot out.

Unclebuck
08-06-2007, 05:40 PM

LOL. I'll let your mind supply those pictures.

indygeezer
08-07-2007, 06:41 AM

Here ya go my friend.............

http://search.live.com/images/results.aspx?q=jessica+alba&mkt=en-US

Oh wow...some of those ae videos (last row for ex...click on the pic)

Spicoli
08-07-2007, 08:44 AM
I thought you used that as a tranquilizer Spicoli? I mean anything that gets within smelling range of that is bound to pass out. Especially if you had some of your famous Venison Chili right before climbing the tree.

Ya know that's true, you have to be careful though . . . One extra bowl of chili or an extra jalapeno cheese venison brat will turn that gas from tranquilizer to lethal. :D

EDIT: Thanks for looking out for me, geezer. :cool:

Los Angeles
08-07-2007, 12:02 PM
What is this "hot" you speak of? I do not understand the word.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USCA1192?from=36hr_bottomnav_undeclared

ChicagoJ
08-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Same for Chicago - now its hot and humid.

Except that I love this weather. If it weren't for basketball, I'd be very depressed every winter.

pacercoltfan
08-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Better than winter's every day is a grey day and freezing.

I agree! I'll take the 90 degree heat over -20 anyday.

DisplacedKnick
08-07-2007, 09:50 PM
I agree! I'll take the 90 degree heat over -20 anyday.

Today was better - around here anyway. Nice breeze blowing and the humidity was down even though it reached 98. I went out and did a little work once I got home even.

Knucklehead Warrior
08-08-2007, 07:58 AM
As my wife said as I was reading the spicoli thread,

"You guys really need for the season to start." :dance::happydanc:buddies:

Since86
08-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Now TODAY is freaking hot. The heat index across the state is 102-108.

DisplacedKnick
08-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Today be hotter. Thermometer's actually 2 degrees lower but the air isn't moving and humidity's up. Today's a "stay in the house and be glad we live in the age of AC" day.

Still not as bad as Monday though.

Indianapolis_girly
08-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah, very hot around where I live.
The heat index thing is about 107 degrees.
:( I don't care much for scorching hot weather.

rexnom
08-10-2007, 12:03 AM

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USCA1192?from=36hr_bottomnav_undeclared
Are you joking with this weather? Wow.

Gyron
08-10-2007, 09:04 AM
The temps in Charlotte yesterday topped 104 an all time high for the city. Heat index was 115.

Although I understand it was 106 in Raliegh.

cramerica
08-10-2007, 11:38 AM
It's pretty hot over here too.

Los Angeles
08-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Are you joking with this weather? Wow.
Today:
Mostly Sunny
Air 74
Water 72
Humidity 65%
Dew Point 59
Barometer 30.01

It's the water temp that's the big concern. It should be around 65. As I understand it, the unusually high pacific ocean temp is a contributing factor to the heat wave out east.

Unclebuck
08-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Everyone is quick to say, "I'll take 95 degrees anyday over winter"

I wouldn't. I would rather have a normal winter day with highs in the mid to upper 30's and lows near 20. if it is dry, then I would take the winter day. I'm talking about for a typical workday.

My ideal day is highs in the mid 60's and lows in the mid 40's - that is perfect for me and we have two of those days a year. One in early October and one in Mid April.

LA, I thought it was understood you are not allowed to make any comments about the weather. I don't care if it is August and we are 95 and you are 72, or if it is January and we are 2 and you are 72.

Los Angeles
08-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Sorry, I didn't get that memo. Did you put the new cover sheet on the TPS report before faxing it out?

:)

And by the way, we have your "perfect day" about 150 days a year.

I think you would like it in Southern California. No season tickets though.

indygeezer
08-10-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm with Buck and his temp range. I LOVE fall and the time when I wear a flannel shirt as a jac-shirt.

I run the car AC so cold the wife and son take jackets with them if we use my car. I like my glasses to fog when I get out of the car, that's how cold I run it. Fortunately we have zone temp control in the Caddie.
But the wife has learned to bundle up as the cold helps keep me awake while I'm driving.

Cold at night keeps me from snoring too. ;)

JayRedd
08-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Hey, Unclebuck, what's happening?

Not sure if you heard, but we're putting new cover sheets on all the TPS reports now. Did you get that memo? I'll make sure you get another copy.

DisplacedKnick
08-10-2007, 01:33 PM
I used to love hot weather. Worked in both TX and AR - outdoor work. Just keep drinking water and sweating. Nothing better than taking a shower after that and grabbing a beer - you're all clean, sweated out and relaxed.

My heat control isn't as good as it used to be - now when it's real hot and I'm in it I tend to get headaches. But I still like it warm - upper 80's and a nice breeze works.

When I'm sitting around and sleeping's another story - I don't like to sweat when I'm just hanging out.

ChicagoJ
08-10-2007, 03:04 PM
If I wasn't having issues with my plantar fasciaitis/ achilles tendon this summer, this would be GREAT running weather. Work up a real sweat, hamstrings don't get cold/ tight, etc.

I'm a bit grumpy that I can't get out and enjoy it properly.

Anything below about 60 degrees and I'm shivering and miserable.

Los Angeles
08-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Plantar fasciaitis?

Are you Brad Miller is disguise?

Unclebuck
08-10-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm with Buck and his temp range. I LOVE fall and the time when I wear a flannel shirt as a jac-shirt.

I run the car AC so cold the wife and son take jackets with them if we use my car. I like my glasses to fog when I get out of the car, that's how cold I run it. Fortunately we have zone temp control in the Caddie.
But the wife has learned to bundle up as the cold helps keep me awake while I'm driving.

Cold at night keeps me from snoring too. ;)

I'm the exact same way. I crank up the A/C in my car. Everyone else always freezes. I figure that have the high speed blower/fan for a reason.

Also I like to keep my A/C at 68 degrees at night when I'm sleeping and around 70 during the day, unless I'm working at home then I like it at 68 or lower.

You how this time of year you walk into grocery stores and it seems freezing - that is how I like it. And you know how you see people bring a sweater (this time of year) into a movie theater - I think it is too warm in the theaters.
I'm sure everyone knows people who refuse to turn their A/C on in their house or car unless it is 90 degrees or unless it is July or at least June - I've been known to turn the A/C on in January if it is a rare sunny and mild day.

Many of you are probably saying - wow you use so much energy - how could you. Well I figure I make up for it during the winter. If I have complete control over the temp inside the house/apartment or wherever I'm living I keep it somewhere between 62 and 65. One year when I was living alone in an apartment I did not turn the heat on at all until December 5th. If it is a sunny day I rarely use the heater in my car during the winter.

Don't get me wrong if I'm outside and it is 15 degrees, I get as cold as anyone else, but I just like "room temperature to be about 10 degrees colder than most people.

Wow, I can't believe I've written so much on this topic. If anyone is still reading you deserve a gold star

Gyron
08-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Anything below about 60 degrees and I'm shivering and miserable.

Isn't well below that about 300 days a year in Chicago?

Gyron
08-10-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm the exact same way. I crank up the A/C in my car. Everyone else always freezes. I figure that have the high speed blower/fan for a reason.

Also I like to keep my A/C at 68 degrees at night when I'm sleeping and around 70 during the day, unless I'm working at home then I like it at 68 or lower.

You how this time of year you walk into grocery stores and it seems freezing - that is how I like it. And you know how you see people bring a sweater (this time of year) into a movie theater - I think it is too warm in the theaters.
I'm sure everyone knows people who refuse to turn their A/C on in their house or car unless it is 90 degrees or unless it is July or at least June - I've been known to turn the A/C on in January if it is a rare summer and mild day.

Many of you are probably saying - wow you use so much energy - how could you. Well I figure I make up for it during the winter. If I have complete control over the temp inside the house/apartment or wherever I'm living I keep it somewhere between 62 and 65. One year when I was living alone in an apartment I did not turn the heat on at all until December 5th. If it is a sunny day I rarely use the heater in my car during the winter.

Don't get me wrong if I'm outside and it is 15 degrees, I get as cold as anyone else, but I just like "room temperature to be about 10 degrees colder than most people.

Wow, I can't believe I've written so much on this topic. If anyone is still reading you deserve a gold star

I am about 100% in agreement with UB here. We keep our house at about 65 in the winter and 69 during the summer.

My wife wears sweat clothes during the summer in the house because of me:)

Unclebuck
08-10-2007, 06:56 PM
I am about 100% in agreement with UB here. We keep our house at about 65 in the winter and 69 during the summer.

My wife wears sweat clothes during the summer in the house because of me:)

Can I come over sometime

Gyron
08-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Come on down, Its just a short jont down from Indy....about 10 hrs.

Unclebuck
08-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Come on down, Its just a short jont down from Indy....about 10 hrs.

Did you move? I thought you lived in Indy

Gyron
08-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Nope, live in Charlotte Have lived here since '99. You just met me at one of the forum parties I came in town for.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
08-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Call me crazy, I love the summers here in Phoenix. Give me a 110+ every day and Im happy. I hate winter, even our 50-60 deg winters here. I think I might be cold-blooded.

Unclebuck
08-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Call me crazy, I love the summers here in Phoenix. Give me a 110+ every day and Im happy. I hate winter, even our 50-60 deg winters here. I think I might be cold-blooded.

You need to move to a warmer climate man

Trader Joe
08-11-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm with UB I love to be cold especially when I'm sleeping. Its gotta be 68 degrees or less for me to sleep comfortably. I keep the A/C at about 72 and I have the ceiling fan in my room going at night. I'd much rather be too cold and be able to put on another blanket or more clothes than be way too hot.

ChicagoJ
08-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Isn't well below that about 300 days a year in Chicago?

Yes, we have two seasons: winter and road construction.

Moving to Chicago was never my idea. I was signed, sealed, and delivered for SoCal when my wife started playing the, "But we don't have any family out there! card." :cry:

ChicagoJ
08-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Plantar fasciaitis?

Are you Brad Miller is disguise?

*I* am injury prone. Damn high arches and bowed legs - there is always something wrong. Tinsley and JO look like iron men compared to me, so that's probably why I have a bit of sympathy for them.

indygeezer
08-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Buck we shoulda been roomies. Although I always ran best when it was super hot out...lungs couldn't take running in the cool (60 or below).

BTW Jay...I destroyed my feet running on pavement with old shoes. I've had PFac for years but when I used the old shoes.....badabing.

Now I've progressed beyond PD into full blown tendonitis. Doc says that essentially everytime I take a step I'm spraining my ankles. By evening the area around the protuding ankle bone and top of my foot is swollen and painful. Good luck with yours. (Get the best shoes possible!!!)

Trader Joe
08-13-2007, 07:36 PM
*I* am injury prone. Damn high arches and bowed legs - there is always something wrong. Tinsley and JO look like iron men compared to me, so that's probably why I have a bit of sympathy for them.

I'm flat footed. And I used to play soccer. The next morning my ankles would be the size of melons and I could barely walk. Even now running is a huge pain for me.

Cobol Sam
08-13-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm flat footed. And I used to play soccer. The next morning my ankles would be the size of melons and I could barely walk. Even now running is a huge pain for me.

In the 11th grade my girlfriend cracked my sternum with a soccer ball. Oh the shame.

JayRedd
08-14-2007, 01:05 PM
I was signed, sealed, and delivered for SoCal when my wife started playing the, "But we don't have any family out there! card." :cry:

Isn't that half the benefit?

bellisimo
08-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Moving to Chicago was never my idea. I was signed, sealed, and delivered for SoCal when my wife started playing the, "But we don't have any family out there! card." :cry:

"Well honey there has never been a better time to start/have one there!"

Slick Pinkham
08-15-2007, 11:35 AM
It's 90 and humid in Palm Beach.

It's that way every day from June through mid-September. Never above 93 or so (unlike Orlando and other inland parts which get 98+) and never below 87 or so as a high.

But...

from October 31 through March 31 last year, we ran NEITHER the heat nor the air conditioning at any time, except during that rainy Super Bowl week when we need to run AC a while just to de-humidify.

It was 65-75 every day, 50-65 every night. 5 full months of near-perfect weather. It's just at a time of the year when most places don't have anything nice going.

bellisimo
08-15-2007, 11:52 AM
now this is hot....

http://www.chriskula.com/food/chili.jpg

DisplacedKnick
08-15-2007, 03:04 PM
now this is hot....

http://www.chriskula.com/food/chili.jpg

Great. :rolleyes:

You've just ensured that Spicoli will be onto this thread.

Spicoli
08-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Great. :rolleyes:

You've just ensured that Spicoli will be onto this thread.

Back in the day when I had roommates, we cooked a big arsed pot of chili very similar to the one in that picture. What my roommate failed to tell me at the time was that he put a full habanero in the pot and let it cook with everything else. For anyone that doesn't know what a habanero is; it's kind of like a jalapeno on steroids. Probably 10 times as spicy.

I still remember the day; it was one of those perfect autumn saturdays that was fairly cool and there were some great college football games on. Couldn't pick a better day for homemade chili....

So unbeknownst to me I scoop out a big assed bowl and dump probably 1/2 a pound of cheese on top of it. Well that farking habanero got scooped up and buried just like everything else in the bowl. Needless to say, about 10 bites in, I eat that entire farking pepper without realization of what it was.

Fast forward 10 minutes, as I'm still coming up with inventive ways to cool my mouth off and finally I begin to succeed. Little did I know the worst was yet to come as I start to develop the world's worst stomach pains. I thought I was having an ulcer or something.

Fast forward another 45 minutes, and that pepper is still working its way down; and I am literally cramped up on my bed in agony . . . . when it hits.

All the sudden I make a mad dash for the toilet and literally ***** fire out of my arse. Think Jeff Daniels in Dumb and Dumber bad, only much more painful. I swear there were flames in my intestines. I was just happy to discover no internal bleeding had taken place.

Of course, after that I went on to consume about 18 beers to ease the pain a little, which brought on a whole new round of problems the next day. :D

DisplacedKnick
08-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Habaneros are scary to cook with - jalapenos, well, if you're a little off, no big deal. If you're sprinkling some dried habanero into something and cough - well, you may end up having to make 2x as much of whatever you're cooking.

A friend of mine gave me a few from his garden. I will say this though, when I make my "jerky of death" it can really add that extra something to it.

Arcadian
08-15-2007, 04:01 PM
If you don't live on the beach, August and July are hot in LA. Still better than Indiana summers. I dislike it when it's in the 90's. Still much better than snow. I hate snow.

I have high arches and short tendons. Running distance doesn't work for me. When I played soccer in college, I just lived the season in pain. I'd only be able to go every other day towards the end of the season. When I didn't take care of it with resting, stretching, icing...tendonitist was the most painful thing I ever felt.

Gyron
08-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Back in the day when I had roommates, we cooked a big arsed pot of chili very similar to the one in that picture. What my roommate failed to tell me at the time was that he put a full habanero in the pot and let it cook with everything else. For anyone that doesn't know what a habanero is; it's kind of like a jalapeno on steroids. Probably 10 times as spicy.

I still remember the day; it was one of those perfect autumn saturdays that was fairly cool and there were some great college football games on. Couldn't pick a better day for homemade chili....

So unbeknownst to me I scoop out a big assed bowl and dump probably 1/2 a pound of cheese on top of it. Well that farking habanero got scooped up and buried just like everything else in the bowl. Needless to say, about 10 bites in, I eat that entire farking pepper without realization of what it was.

Fast forward 10 minutes, as I'm still coming up with inventive ways to cool my mouth off and finally I begin to succeed. Little did I know the worst was yet to come as I start to develop the world's worst stomach pains. I thought I was having an ulcer or something.

Fast forward another 45 minutes, and that pepper is still working its way down; and I am literally cramped up on my bed in agony . . . . when it hits.

All the sudden I make a mad dash for the toilet and literally ***** fire out of my arse. Think Jeff Daniels in Dumb and Dumber bad, only much more painful. I swear there were flames in my intestines. I was just happy to discover no internal bleeding had taken place.

Of course, after that I went on to consume about 18 beers to ease the pain a little, which brought on a whole new round of problems the next day. :D

Spicoli, Someone just came into my office asking what the hell I was laughing about after I read this.... I can just picture the sequence. Then again, now I wish I hadn't....Now I'm gonna have to drink 18 beers to get the image out of my brain.

Spicoli
08-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah I'm certain that is a bad visual.

I would recommend drinking 18 very strong beers to erase that thought.............

Slick Pinkham
08-22-2007, 10:37 PM
now THIS is hot.

I suppose, anyway, at the beach wearing all this when it's probably 100 degrees. She's not feeling much of any breeze.

http://www.hotel-rimini.com/var/news/storage/images/en/events-news/muslim-beach-arabs-/11206-1-ita-IT/muslim-beach-arabs_large.jpg

Some might consider it obscene, the SHOCKING amount of ankle on display.

:eek:

ABADays
08-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Could be worse....You could be in Iraq with ABA where its like 120......

In the words of my brother who's over there as well......"Dry heat my a$$. Its still ****ING HOT!"

:laugh: Yeah - it's hot. At least I don't have to be in uniform like your brother. I don't know how they don't lose their minds.

Arcadian
09-04-2007, 02:07 PM

I blame you for the heat.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070904/us_nm/weather_california_dc

I'm also livid that the man who was Mr. Freeze is sitting on his hands doing nothing to end it.

Unclebuck
09-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Now this is my kind of weather. Everything is just better when it is like this.

MagicRat
09-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Now this is my kind of weather. Everything is just better when it is like this.

Seems pretty much the same sitting here at my desk.......:whoknows:

Unclebuck
09-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Seems pretty much the same sitting here at my desk.......:whoknows:

You need to take a day off enjoy it. Or maybe just sneak outside for a few minutes.

btowncolt
09-12-2007, 09:43 AM
You need to take a day off enjoy it. Or maybe just sneak outside for a few minutes.

I bet that wasting your company's time is against their rules, or "laws", if you will.

Unclebuck
09-12-2007, 10:28 AM
I bet that wasting your company's time is against their rules, or "laws", if you will.

Getting some fresh air is good for the mind, you'll work better and faster. I read somewhere that it is healthy to get up from your desk at least once per hour. Didn't read that at work, but I read it somewhere

btowncolt
09-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Getting some fresh air is good for the mind, you'll work better and faster. I read somewhere that it is healthy to get up from your desk at least once per hour. Didn't read that at work, but I read it somewhere

Ah, so you've decided that your own personal satisfaction is more important than obeying "laws".

:box:

bellisimo
09-13-2007, 07:59 AM
isn't it all company rules that if you are sittin' in front of a PC - you have to have a mandatory 5-10 minute break from the PC?
doesn't really mean that you're on a break - just shuffling through other non-PC work....