PDA

View Full Version : Rafer Alston arrested

wintermute
08-06-2007, 12:03 AM
http://www.click2houston.com/sports/13826835/detail.html

HOUSTON, TEXAS -- KPRC Local 2 Sports has confirmed Sunday night that Rockets guard Rafer Alston was arrested early Sunday morning on charges of public intoxication and assault.

Alston was taken into custody by Houston Police in Downtown Houston at 2:45 Sunday morning and was booked into the Southeast Patrol station on Mykawa. Alston has not returned to KPRC Local 2 Sports but Rockets GM Daryl Morey, in a statement to KPRC Local 2 Sports stated:

“We are aware of the situation and are attempting to get more details about the incident," Morey said. " While we do not have all the facts yet, it is nevertheless very disappointing to have one of our players involved with any police activity. We will continue working with the authorities in order to get to the bottom of the situation.”

KPRC Local 2 Sports will be following this story and will have more details as they become available.

there was a rumor from dd that pacers were talking to houston about rafer alston. i guess this puts paid to that.

i'm just glad it's not pacer players making the headlines this offseason.

LG33
08-06-2007, 12:20 AM
(a sleepy-eyed LG33 daydreams about the scene at the station...)

"Sir, are you the one they call "Skip to My Lou"? Do you have any other aliases? On your MySpace page you were bragging about leading the "league" in "steals". Who else is in this "league" of yours? You mentioned an accomplice, some guy named "T-Mac" who you frequently assist. You told the arresting officer you were "simply looking for Head". You can see how this doesn't look good for you, right? You better start talking..."

MySpace, that's good police work right there.

I didn't think we were going to bring him in anyhow, especially not in a JO trade. I'm much happier with Jamaal anyhow. Just to be sure, a dustpan is not considered "a deadly weapon", correct?

ajbry
08-06-2007, 12:23 AM
Dude is 31 years old, public intoxication isn't exactly an offense you should be committing at his age, but whatever. Figures another one of my favorite players gets himself into trouble...

diamonddave00
08-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Nope Alston was not my rumor- Foster to Rockets but not Alston here. Key was Sura's expiring contract and Foster's 5.5 mil 2nd year dropping of the cap.

Smashed_Potato
08-06-2007, 01:00 AM
You mean he wasn't arrested in a strip club in Indiana? :P

wintermute
08-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Nope Alston was not my rumor- Foster to Rockets but not Alston here. Key was Sura's expiring contract and Foster's 5.5 mil 2nd year dropping of the cap.

oops my bad :blush:

good one LG :D

Naptown_Seth
08-06-2007, 01:24 AM
i'm just glad it's not pacer players making the headlines this offseason.
Well, not current players. But Neto's wife just got busted for some very serious real estate and securities fraud. At this point he's not tied to the plan though, not sure how he didn't know what was going on considering how serious it is. Guess this story wasn't gangsta enough to make the rounds here at PD, or at least I missed the thread if it did.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007708040310

<!-- PHOTO & FACTBOX --><!-- ARTICLE SIDEBAR -->
A Carmel woman charged with stealing money from clients of her home decorating business is now being accused of swindling friends who joined her real estate investment club.

Elaine Netolicky, the 53-year-old wife of former Indiana (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007708040310#) Pacers basketball star Bob Netolicky, was held Thursday in the Hamilton County Jail on a LaPorte County warrant charging her with 15 felonies.

She was arrested Thursday morning and jailed without bond pending transfer to LaPorte County on five counts of selling an unregistered security, five counts of securities fraud and five counts of doing business as an unregistered securities broker.

In a sworn statement of evidence, state securities investigator Kimberly D. Haskins said Netolicky defrauded LaPorte County residents Robert and Camille Steele with fictitious real estate investments totaling $85,000 from November 2005 to February 2006.

The charges, filed by LaPorte County Prosecutor Robert Beckman, stem from an investigation by the prosecution assistance unit of the state securities division. In May, the division of Secretary of State Todd Rokita's office filed an administrative complaint against Netolicky as architect of The Investment Club.

The complaint and its accompanying cease-and-desist order relate to numerous victims and hundreds of thousands of dollars in investment losses.

The action was filed after Netolicky stopped communicating with club members who tried to regain the payments they had made to earn high-interest returns and "fast cash" she guaranteed.

Haskins said the Steeles joined the club after Netolicky called Robert Steele to congratulate her old high school classmate on his recent wedding, and to inform him of a great investment opportunity she wanted to talk to him about.

When the money-making opportunity failed to deliver as promised, the investigator said, Netolicky agreed in March 2006 to mail the couple the money they were owed, investigator Haskins said.

A month later, after the money failed to arrive, Robert Steele called her home.

"During this conversation, Bob Netolicky told Robert Steele that Elaine Netolicky had no money or investments and that she was in bankruptcy court," said Haskins.

Rokita has described The Investment Club as a classic Ponzi scheme, a scam that relies on new investments of cash to pay money due on prior investments.

He said most of the victimized members of the club had been lured into the scheme as clients of a home furnishings business Netolicky ran out of her home in the 12100 block of Windpointe Pass.

That business, too, has been identified as a criminal enterprise by authorities.

In March, a grand jury in Hamilton County indicted Netolicky on 14 counts of theft and a charge of corrupt business influence for a pattern of deception that victimized home décor clients.

avoidingtheclowns
08-06-2007, 09:10 AM
i think it was less of a rumor and more some hypothetical discussion given the rockets overload at PG (alston, james, head, francis, brooks). but i don't remember hearing an actual rumor.

Gyron
08-06-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm surprised the article didn't read....

"Rafer Alston, player of interest for the Indiana Pacers, the team everyone should remember started the famous Detroit Player-Fan Brawl, arrested for Public Initoxication and Assault, Just like several of the Indiana Pacers current and former players have been."

D23
08-06-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm surprised the article didn't read....

"Rafer Alston, player of interest for the Indiana Pacers, the team everyone should remember started the famous Detroit Player-Fan Brawl, arrested for Public Initoxication and Assault, Just like several of the Indiana Pacers current and former players have been."

No, no.. that WAS the headline, but the editor had it changed due to excessive length.