PDA

View Full Version : When will we get our first snow?

Brian
08-05-2007, 06:26 PM
I know,I know...noone wants to think about this yet,but for all of us midwesterns we gotta start thinking about snow soon.

So I ask you,when will we get our first snow?

OCT,NOV,DEC,JAN??

idioteque
08-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Thinking about snow in August? I know Indiana has erratic weather, I lived there for many years, but sheesh, August? :confused:

Hoosiers seem to have some sort of obsession with moisture. They're too preoccupied with both rain and snow, they have some sick obsession to the point where they want them to happen. In Indiana, as grey as it is, it never seems to rain quite enough for the population, which is one reason why I left. In DC, nobody really cares. Yes, probably because we have no farmers, but either way, I enjoy the relative silence about moisture.

There's one thing I have learned about the seasons: they generally start a little bit later than popular conception. October will probably have a couple of days in the low 80's, and some days in the 50's or even 40's. It could and knowing Indiana, probably will, reach 80 in early November. From what I recall sometimes there isn't substanial snow until late December. However, you can sometimes get stuck with a snowstorm in late March. To me that means that snow starts later than most people think, but it lingers on into "Spring" (which doesn't really exist in Indiana, but that's another discussion for another time) so it ends later, too.

But, knowing the fact that Indiana weather defies any logic, it will probably snow October 10th or something.

Oh, and this post displayed as much tact as possible that I can show concerning the Hoosier state's ****ing terrible weather.

grace
08-05-2007, 09:01 PM
I don't care about snow. Freezing rain on the other hand :arrgh:

SycamoreKen
08-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Haven't you heard? It's never going to snow again.

grace
08-05-2007, 10:58 PM
That's fine with me as long as it rains enough to make my lawn green again.

317Kim
08-05-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm going for November.

Kegboy
08-05-2007, 11:26 PM
It'll be like this last winter. We won't get anything until February, then we'll get 10 feet.

Trader Joe
08-05-2007, 11:49 PM
We'll probably get something resembling snow in November. Probably won't getting accumulation til late December we seem to always get 3-4 inches sometimes around Christmas. Last year being an exception.

Unclebuck
08-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Why do we need to start thinking about snow now.

Snow doesn't bother me, or I don't let it, I still do what I plan on doing and I don't let the snow influence my decision. - same with the cold.

grace
08-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Why do we need to start thinking about snow now.

Because no one has pulled the trigger on the JO trade

Snow doesn't bother me, or I don't let it, I still do what I plan on doing and I don't let the snow influence my decision. - same with the cold.

When my car gets stuck in the ten feet of snow that Keg is predicting I'm calling YOU to come dig me out.

Unclebuck
08-06-2007, 04:35 PM
When my car gets stuck in the ten feet of snow that Keg is predicting I'm calling YOU to come dig me out.

No, see what I do is act like there isn't any snow, so if you call me to help dig you out I'll say, what snow are you talking about - it feels 98 degrees to me. I refuse to give into the snow. But of course if my car gets stuck - I may have to admit its existance

Kegboy
08-07-2007, 12:09 AM
No, see what I do is act like there isn't any snow, so if you call me to help dig you out I'll say, what snow are you talking about - it feels 98 degrees to me. I refuse to give into the snow. But of course if my car gets stuck - I may have to admit its existance

Hey now, respect the snow. If it wasn't for snow, how would you've survived that bender you took off I-70 when Ron was traded?

Reggierock
08-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Down Under we got a bit of snow this winter...I never want to see the likes of it again! Its so un-natural, I don't know how you put up with it to be honest.

Brian
08-07-2007, 05:19 PM
I like the winter in the month of december.then after christmas im ready for it to be 75 degrees.

pacercoltfan
08-09-2007, 04:46 PM
I don't even wanna think about snow right now! I'm enjoying what's left of Summer!

Evan_The_Dude
08-09-2007, 10:17 PM
When I know the snow is coming, I'll get up and relocate to Nor Cal for the rest of the winter. I love my life.