PDA

View Full Version : Bucher: Artest To Knicks Deal In The Works

indyblue47
08-03-2007, 03:39 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/47466/20070803/bucher_artest_to_knicks_deal_in_the_works/

Bucher: Artest To Knicks Deal In The Works
August 3, 2007 - 3:21 pm
ESPN -
ESPN's Ric Bucher said that he's "heard a rumor that a Artest deal was in the making" to send the talented two-way swingman back home to New York to play for the Knicks.

Bucher said the trade terms he heard do not work under the salary cap.

"That said," continued Bucher, "Artest would love to be in New York, Sacramento would love to move him and the Knicks would love to have him. When you have three parties who want something, I have to believe -- much like the Minny/Boston/KG situation -- it's going to get done."

Y2J
08-03-2007, 03:40 PM
LINK (http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/47466/20070803/bucher_artest_to_knicks_deal_in_the_works/)
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="8" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="wiretap_key_header">Bucher: Artest To Knicks Deal In The Works</td> </tr> <tr> <td>August 3, 2007 - 3:21 pm</td> </tr> <tr> <td>http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Artest_Ron_sac.jpgESPN -
ESPN's Ric Bucher said that he's "heard a rumor that a Artest deal was in the making" to send the talented two-way swingman back home to New York (http://knicks.realgm.com/) to play for the Knicks.

Bucher said the trade terms he heard do not work under the salary cap.

"That said," continued Bucher, "Artest would love to be in New York (http://knicks.realgm.com/), Sacramento (http://kings.realgm.com/) would love to move him and the Knicks (http://knicks.realgm.com/) would love to have him. When you have three parties who want something, I have to believe -- much like the Minny/Boston/KG situation -- it's going to get done." [READ] (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:rgmow%28%27/rgmow.php?aid=47466%27,%2747466%27%29)</td></tr></tbody></table>

Kegboy
08-03-2007, 03:40 PM
I got as far as "Ric Bucher", then I stopped reading.

Los Angeles
08-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Frist!

rexnom
08-03-2007, 03:57 PM
This makes too much sense to happen.

bulldog
08-03-2007, 04:00 PM
He's saying David Lee + Nate Robinson + Pick, but they can't find expendable salary filler to make it happen.

Arcadian
Randolph, Ron and Marbury would be entertaining. I can't see any complaints about play calling there.

Robobtowncolt
Oh my God, I would get league pass just to watch the Knicks. Better not let Randolph pass out guns to everyone else the team now, though.

31andonly
08-03-2007, 04:01 PM
I haven't watched a Kings-game last season.. I wonder why the Kings suddenly want to get rid of him?!

Tell me!

rexnom
08-03-2007, 04:05 PM
He's saying David Lee + Nate Robinson + Pick, but they can't find expendable salary filler to make it happen.
Uh...how about David Lee, Nate, pick, and Jared Jeffries...that sounds about fair.

Robobtowncolt
08-03-2007, 04:05 PM
I haven't watched a Kings-game last season.. I wonder why the Kings suddenly want to get rid of him?!

Tell me!

Uh, he's a nutjob who is one punch away from getting suspended for life who completely destroys any sense of offensive or defensive continuity on whatever team he plays? Not to mention, he's an anmial neglecting, wife-beating, fan punching criminal who's a blight on whatever PR department is stuck trying to sell him as the face of a franchise. He's just as likely to destroy a team or smash a camera/piece of weight equipment as he is to retire to focus on selling cotton candy to abused alligators or demand a trade to a CFL team.

Whoa, everything tasted purple for a second. Did I type somethig?

31andonly
08-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Yeah, but aren't that all things he was known for before the Kings traded for him?

indygeezer
08-03-2007, 04:10 PM
I can't wait for Displaced Knick's comment on THIS :eek:

:devil::devil::devil:

Robobtowncolt
08-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Yeah, but aren't that all things he was known for before the Kings traded for him?

Never underestimate the ego of men running NBA teams.

I'm sure Isiah thinks that bringing Ron home and surrounding him with "Yes men" enablers will be a great idea. And that he can get to Ron where "inferior" men have failed and finally harness his talent for the good of a team.

Gyron
08-03-2007, 04:12 PM
I think the entire PR department of the knicks just quit.

blanket
08-03-2007, 04:13 PM

Even if they have to include the contracts of Rose, Jeffries or James to make the salaries fit, that would still be a steal for the Kings.

Can't see the Knicks giving up that much for the ? that is Ron Artest, but I guess this is Isiah we're taking about...

Robobtowncolt
08-03-2007, 04:15 PM

Was that Artest related, fear of getting implicated in a gun smuggling scheme with Randolph, or were they just sexually harassed too much by Isiah?

Weeeee, it's fun to not bash the Pacers for 10 seconds!

Gyron
08-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Even if they have to include the contracts of Rose, Jeffries or James to make the salaries fit, that would still be a steal for the Kings.

Can't see the Knicks giving up that much for the ? that is Ron Artest, but I guess this is Isiah we're taking about...

Never underestimate the incomeptence of Isiah and the "quick".

Y2J
08-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Isiah clearly doesn't care about chemistry, only talent. Who knows, maybe it'll work. At the very least it'll be entertaining to watch similar to a circus full of sideshow freaks.

CableKC
08-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Getting back Lee is a very good start....getting back Jeffries...sucks.

I could be wrong...but from a salary standpoint, this works:

Artest

for

Fred Jones+Nate Robinson+David Lee+future considerations

If I were the Kings.....I would want the above deal. Everyone else that they can get back would have at least 3 year long salaries worth at least 5 mil a year.

It's a salary dump....but getting back David Lee, Freddie's expiring contract, and Nate Robinson is a good start.

Roy Munson
08-03-2007, 04:37 PM

If I were the Kings.....I would want the above deal. Everyone else that they can get back would have at least 3 year long salaries worth at least 5 mil a year.

It's a salary dump....but getting back David Lee, Freddie's expiring contract, and Nate Robinson is a good start.

If this were to happen in would be Freddy's FIFTH team since last summer. Wow. I wonder if this some kind of record.

eldubious
08-03-2007, 04:39 PM
I thought Lee was untouchable, Isiah isn't that dumb to trade their best young player for Artest, that would out-do the Curry trade. I heard it was Robinson, Rose, and a future pick for Artest. If that's all Sacramento wants, they should get in a three-way with Indy/LA.

blanket
08-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Getting back Lee is a very good start....getting back Jeffries...sucks.

I could be wrong...but from a salary standpoint, this works:

Artest

for

Since Feddie was traded on draft day he can't be traded again for a while -- anyone know when that is?

avoidingtheclowns
08-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Since Feddie was traded on draft day he can't be traded again for a while -- anyone know when that is?

end of august according to realgm (aug 28)

Trader Joe
08-03-2007, 05:01 PM

Holy crap Knicks are dumb if they do that deal. IT will set himself back 5 years.

grace
08-03-2007, 05:05 PM

If they do they'll just get replaced by the PR department from the WWE. "Come for the game, stay for the fight--or worse."

DisplacedKnick
08-03-2007, 05:20 PM
I can't wait for Displaced Knick's comment on THIS :eek:

:devil::devil::devil:

Surprisingly, I'm OK with it. I didn't want him 2 years ago because that meant 4 years of Ron. Now it only means 2 years of Ron. I can live with that if

You knew there had to be an if didn't you?

IF none of the following terms is mentioned in the agreement:

"David Lee"
"Eddy Curry"
"Zach Randolph"
"on arriving in NY will immediately be signed to an extension."

There is no bad here.

See, this season worried me. I think there's a very strong possibility that the team will win 40-43 games, get the 8th seed and lose in the 1st rd of the playoffs. If that happens Dolan will proclaim his lifelong allegiance to Isiah. Heck, he might cart him off to Massachusetts or San Francisco and marry him.

So we get Artest and 1 of 2 things happens: He plays great, inspires the rest of the team to D-up and we win 55 games.

He goes whacko, breaks Eddy Curry's leg in a scuffle, grabs Zach Randolph and the two of them spend a night on the town mugging little old ladies. Knicks win 25 games and Isiah's fired.

What can be wrong with either of those?

JayRedd
08-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Please, oh, please, Lord Baby Jesus....make this come true.

Trader Joe
08-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Please, oh, please, Lord Baby Jesus....make this come true.

This might be a job for tiny infant Jesus...Or possibly even 8 pounds 6 ounces baby Jesus, new born, who has not even spoken a word yet.

Will Galen
08-03-2007, 05:59 PM
What does this sentence mean to everyone? "Bucher saying the trade terms he heard don't work under the salary cap."

To me that means Bucher's source doesn't know what he's talking about. So, either Bucher knows it's bad information and is throwing it out there anyway, or Bucher made the whole thing up himself.

If a rumored trade doesn't work under the salary cap then it's a trade someone made up. That's because front offices won't waste time talking about a trade they know won't work.

I'm leaning toward Bucher making this up himself.

Will Galen
08-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Looking around I found this.

http://www3.realgm.com/src_wiretap/

Hahn: Artest To Knicks Not Imminent
Newsday - 08/03 - 4:53 PM EST
If any of you heard about the internet rumor going around today that said Ric Bucher was reporting on ESPN radio that the Knicks were on the verge of getting Ron Artest, put it on iggy. At least for now.

Ken Berger made a quick call to a few of his contacts (you know Kenny got tight with the Tru Warier recently) and let me know there's no merit to it one bit. I'm not sure about the validity of Bucher's report, but I don't know exactly what he reported, if he even reported anything.

Regardless, I asked a Knicks executive and was told this, "Last I heard, we were quiet. Real quiet."

Again, for now.

We always have a reason to be skeptical. Firstly, I was in Vegas and spoke with someone who was close to Kevin McHale who told me Kevin has no plans to trade Garnett. But we were also hearing - like everyone else - that Ainge moved Wally Szczerbiak as a way to appeal to KG (and it didn't hurt he got Ray Allen back in the deal), who wasn't down with teaming up with Wally a second time.

So all is quiet and then - Bam. KG to Celts is done while we're floating in a pool at an Orlando resort.

That's why you check out every rumor, even if the organization insists nothing is doing.

But you also don't jump the gun and believe it, either. Let's see, by my count (and, I admit, some of my own reporting that never came to fruition), the Knicks were in on Chris Webber, Vince Carter, Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Pau Gasol, Rasheed Wallace, Rashard Lewis, Steve Blake and Mo Williams.

Zach Randolph did happen and it was a done deal before it even made it to the rumor mill.

I'm of the belief that Artest will be a Knick by the time the season opens. It just makes sense. Isiah has told confidants that he feels Artest would make the Knicks a championship contender. But he also knows Artest would be a high risk-reward move, because of his mercurial personality. So you don't give up a blue chip young player like David Lee in that kind of deal.

Naptown_Seth
08-03-2007, 06:44 PM
This might be a job for tiny infant Jesus...Or possibly even 8 pounds 6 ounces baby Jesus, new born, who has not even spoken a word yet.
I like to picture Jesus singing for a hard rock band doing AC/DC covers.

Honestly I don't see this as bad at all. Ron's situation continues to get overhyped. We don't know that HE was the one who left the dog uncared for, he might have been away and left someone in charge (in fact I thought that was brought up at the time). The fight with his girlfriend/wife/whomever it was wasn't so good and after hearing that it might not have been the first time for him it bothers me a lot more. But I'm not sure he quite rolls gangsta style ala the Wu Tang clan or Snoop Dog either. I think that's overhyped a bit.

My problem remains how he plays OFFENSE. He forces things, sometimes for the better but often for the worse too, he briefly appeared to get an outside shot but has let that fade it seems. He ball hogs at times ala Jackson, trying to "take over" and win the game by himself.

Of course he can ball too, he does have some pretty strong game. If you aren't counting on him because you have Zack or Starbury then you can afford to risk him more.

But dang, this would be A LOT of disfunctional ON-COURT personalities, guys that can be selfish or don't get along with teammates well. Perfect timing with ESPN doing the show about the Bronx Zoo. 30 year anniversary time, sans championship.

Kegboy
08-03-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm leaning toward Bucher making this up himself.

I got that when, as above, I read "Ric Bucher".

CableKC
08-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Seriously....I really like David Lee.....but if the Knicks were somehow able to add Artest to their existing lineup....it would be frickin scary.

PG - Marbury
SG - JCraw
SF - Artest
PF - Zach
C - Curry

This is one of those "what would Danny Ainge do?" situation.....stay with the future ( keep Lee ) or go with Artest.

aceace
08-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Oh my.... Artest, Randolph, Starbury all on the same team!!!! It would be like a nightly contest to see what player could bring the most negative attention to himself. Zach stopping by the local topless bar before games to maintain his "playa" rep. Artest walks in the locker room and smashes Willis Reeds picture. Starbury demands a trade to Bolgna before each game. I hope they do it.

BlueNGold
08-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Marbury/Artest and Randolph on the same team. That's freaking amazing. Add Stephen Jackson at SG and Danny Fortson as 6th man, and it gets better.

What a bunch of idiots. They all define what is wrong with today's NBA.