PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle help

Jose Slaughter
08-02-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm seriously thinking about getting my first motorcycle or replacing the scooter that I recently had stolen.

Anyone have one they really like or one that turned out to be a lemon?

I've seen a Yahama that I kinda like but I don't know if a Honda or Suzuki might be better.

I'm not looking for anything big, just something to get me to work & back.

cramerica
08-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Are you looking for a cruiser or a crotch rocket?

I just got a Honda Shadow ACE (American Classic Edition). It's a 750 and it's a cruiser and my first bike. A 750 is a good starter bike IMO. I love it. I haven't ridden it since May (damn deployment) but it's one thing that I absolutely cannot wait to get back to and ride. I think about her everyday.

I went to a local dealer in Tucson and I knew right when I saw my bike that I was going to buy it. It's a 2003 and had low miles. It's got some good pickup to it but still won't scare the crap out of you if you accidentally give it too much throttle. I would look into something below 1000 if you are looking at a cruiser. I think next summer I may upgrade to a 1300.

ABADays
08-03-2007, 02:16 PM
I've had a Honda Nighthawk and have a Suzuki Intruder. I liked both of them. Although, all these stories about the motorcycle deaths in Indiana are beginning to raise my eyebrows a bit.

Whatever you do, take the safety training class and always wear your helmet. Always!

idioteque
08-04-2007, 04:30 PM
No offense, but sometimes I think that motorcycle deaths are really proving Darwin's theory. It's kinda like playing Russian Roulette every day, eventually you're going to lose. Yes, I know even crossing the street is technically dangerous, but motorcycles are something that are very, very avoidable.

If you decide to get one, be safe.

Jose Slaughter
08-05-2007, 03:11 AM
Thanks for the help.

I'm looking at a Suzuki Burgman 400. Its not too big, but then again I don't need a large ride.

cramerica: I will be looking for something along the lines of a cruiser. I'll looj at the Honda's that you & ABA Days mentioned.

dcpacersfan: The bike doesn't even start unless I have my helmet on.