PDA

View Full Version : Nice story on K-Rush

QuickRelease
08-02-2007, 12:58 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/10278242

CableKC
08-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Good read. It sounds like going to Europe and maturing a little gave Kareem some perspective.

I hope that he does well in a Pacer uni.

Roaming Gnome
08-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Kind of a backhanded slap at Dunleavy...wow!

Purple & Gold
08-02-2007, 01:27 PM
He's a good player. I think you guys will be happy with him. Especially at what he cost you guys.

Dr. Goldfoot
08-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Kind of a backhanded slap at Dunleavy...wow!

The reality of the situation is the Pacers weakest position going into the off-season was starting shooting guard. Kareem Rush is every bit as good a scorer as MDJ and Marquis Daniels is better than both at getting to lane. It's not like Mike sees the court thru the eyes of Kidd or Nash and he's no Artest or Bowen on defense. I wouldn't be suprised to see MDJ backing up Granger this coming season.

Naptown_Seth
08-02-2007, 04:18 PM
He's a good player. I think you guys will be happy with him. Especially at what he cost you guys.
Bingo. He'll have to be pretty awful to play below his contract. Could be the kind of surprise steal that helps the Pacers out of a tough spot. Frankly they didn't have a lot of other options, they had to take chances on guys like Rush.

wouldn't be suprised to see MDJ backing up Granger this coming season.
Depending on Danny's awareness level I could see him back on the bench behind Dunleavy actually. Danny's still learning the NBA game based on what he showed last year. Same with Shawne as summer pointed out. I don't love Dun's game, but he does make some sense as a starting SF right now with Danny and Rush/Quis as the key bench players.

naptownmenace
08-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Depending on Danny's awareness level I could see him back on the bench behind Dunleavy actually. Danny's still learning the NBA game based on what he showed last year. Same with Shawne as summer pointed out. I don't love Dun's game, but he does make some sense as a starting SF right now with Danny and Rush/Quis as the key bench players.

Barring an injury I seriously doubt that Danny will ever come off the bench. Danny although not a bigtime stopper is a better defender than MDJ and since he's also a better rebounder and shooter will start. Basically, DG is our 2nd best player so he won't be coming off the bench.

Whether MDJ comes off the bench or starts, he's essentially the same player. I actually think he could be a 6th man of the year canidate if used in that role with Rush or Daniels starting at SG.

bellisimo
08-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I kinda got a bit worried reading about another Pacers player with past injury woes...didn't know that Rush had some injury problems earlier on...on a "consistent basis"...

JayRedd
08-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Whether MDJ comes off the bench or starts, he's essentially the same player. I actually think he could be a 6th man of the year canidate if used in that role with Rush or Daniels starting at SG.

They don't usually give that award to guys on 30-win teams.