PDA

View Full Version : Pacers 2007-2008 Schedule Released

avoidingtheclowns
08-02-2007, 12:20 PM
i didn't see this posted anywhere so...

http://www.nba.com/pacers/schedule/results_2007.html#

one thing to note, we appear on NBATV 3 times and that concludes national tv coverage.

Pacersin2033
08-02-2007, 12:23 PM
We used to say which months were going to be tough, this year it looks like they are all going to suck.

Hicks
08-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Jeez. January has a 5-game road trip, 2 home games, then another 4-game road trip.

SparkyPacer
08-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Well if there's any hope left coming into the new year...January and February are going to make me cry.:o

Hicks
08-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Talk about being setup to look bad against the Warriors. We get them at the end of a 5 game West trip, then they're our first home opponent when we get back. Typically teams don't play well their first home game back from a long trip.

Shade
08-02-2007, 12:36 PM
It's only fitting that our season begins on Halloween, because it's going to be a nightmare.

LG33
08-02-2007, 12:38 PM
No nationally-televised games!?!

ilive4sports
08-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Crap, i wont see any pacers game this year. Maybe i can convince my parents to get NBA League Pass.

LG33
08-02-2007, 12:42 PM
The Blazers have 11 nationally-televised games (6 on TNT and 5 on ESPN) and 7 NBATV games...Bull****!

Pacersin2033
08-02-2007, 12:43 PM
The Blazers have 11 nationally-televised games (6 on TNT and 5 on ESPN) and 7 NBATV games...Bull****!

Why they will probably be better, and they have nothing but upside for the future.

LG33
08-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Why they will probably be better, and they have nothing but upside for the future.

So they automatically get 11 games more than us? That's not right.

I guess no one else cares?

pwee31
08-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Don't worry, if we play well, we could still get a few nationally televised games. I remember us having some this past season, and not getting them.

ajbry
08-02-2007, 12:57 PM
The Warriors have 11 national TV games (TNT and ESPN); I didn't bother to count the NBATV games.

League Pass is going to be worth the money this year in terms of watching the Pacers, damn. Talk about getting the shaft. JO is worth at least 1 nationally televised matchup usually.

Pacersin2033
08-02-2007, 01:01 PM
So they automatically get 11 games more than us? That's not right.

I guess no one else cares?

Well yeah, the last time we got alot of Nationally televised games we blew it, not like they are going to be eager to give us them. Where as with Portland they are probably trying to get people interested in Portland again.

LG33
08-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Talk about getting the shaft. JO is worth at least 1 nationally televised matchup usually.

Maybe he still is...? :chin:

Trader Joe
08-02-2007, 01:02 PM
This is the first year in a while where our home opener isn't on a weekend. That last time we opened on Halloween? Vs. the Milwaukee Bucks during the 60 win season.

ajbry
08-02-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm just happy the Dubs come to town for the 10th game of the season. Can't wait for that game.

bnd45
08-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Celtics have 10 nationally televised games. That's 10 more than they had 3 days ago.

Maybe when we land Bynum the league will do some tweaking and make us a TNT regular.

JayRedd
08-02-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm surprised they even let us on NBA TV.

Anyone know how many Durant is getting? Are all the Portland/Seattle games on TNT/ESPN/ABC?

Oneal07
08-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Some teams have some serious road trips this year

Robobtowncolt
08-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Only one game in Boston?

ajbry
08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Only one game in Boston?

It don't matter, now with Ray Ray and KG essentially any Celts home game will be entertaining enough to go, no matter who the opponent is.

31andonly
08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
What's the price for League Pass Broadband?

317Kim
08-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Holy cow! We don't have any nationally televised games at all!? I really hope this is just because the schedules were just released.

We always have really big road trips. :sigh:

ajbry
08-02-2007, 01:59 PM

League Pass is $199. Worth every damn penny.

avoidingtheclowns
08-02-2007, 02:39 PM

League Pass is $199. Worth every damn penny.

techincally there is no league-pass broadband (IIRC) it is a perk for signing up for the televised LP via your provider (being able to watch games online).

there is an online audio version where you listen to local radio broadcasts through NBA.com. i've never tried it but i might be this season. i remember checking it out last season, but can't remember how much it cost.

Naptown_Seth
08-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Look, if you're not a fan of the Pacers why in the world would one of their games hold your interest as it stands now? JO is the only reason, and that's not enough.

Were you guys flipping out when Ray Allen's Sonics didn't get air time? What about Brand when the Clippers were still terrible? Gasol - worth Memphis being on TV?

I just don't get the surprise or outrage. The NBA and networks are looking at the common reality, not the Pacers-centric POV. Even if you think the Pacers will surprise teams, there is little reason on paper for the networks to think that.

If Indy gets it going they'll get onto national showings.

For all the tough schedule talk, have we forgotten how bad March was last year already? As rough as JAN looks it still has more breathing room than March did last year. Plus the first 2 months look pretty manigable. BTW, JO traded to the Lakers on NOV 20. ;)

Kegboy
08-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Durant-Oden, Christmas day. :yes:

[edit] Also, Oden's first game is against Duncan. Durant's is vs. Melo.

LG33
08-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Look, if you're not a fan of the Pacers why in the world would one of their games hold your interest as it stands now? JO is the only reason, and that's not enough.

Were you guys flipping out when Ray Allen's Sonics didn't get air time? What about Brand when the Clippers were still terrible? Gasol - worth Memphis being on TV?

I just don't get the surprise or outrage. The NBA and networks are looking at the common reality, not the Pacers-centric POV. Even if you think the Pacers will surprise teams, there is little reason on paper for the networks to think that.

If Indy gets it going they'll get onto national showings.

For all the tough schedule talk, have we forgotten how bad March was last year already? As rough as JAN looks it still has more breathing room than March did last year. Plus the first 2 months look pretty manigable. BTW, JO traded to the Lakers on NOV 20. ;)

I'm not asking for 5 games. I don't even want or expect to be even with Portland (but I sure hope Tim Duncan wrecks Oden on opening night). But I do expect at least ONE nationally-televised game for every team - it's just not fair. I'd rather watch all those teams once than watch the Cavs 400 times a year.

Robertmto
08-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Sweet I get to go to the home opener.

GO WIZ!

BillS
08-02-2007, 03:25 PM
I thought there was a clause in the TV contract that every team had to be nationally televised at least once. Did that get dropped?

FlavaDave
08-02-2007, 03:57 PM
We better start the season off on a tear, because we play 21 of 31 on the road starting at the end of November. That goes through January, and then in February only two of 13 games are against teams that look like they will be out of the playoffs. Yeesh.

Best case: We start of the year on a tear, take our lumps into the new year, use home court to gut out some wins in Feb., and then make a late push in March and April to bid for a playoff spot.

But the middle stretch is going to be rough. Remember this when you are ready to throw everyone under the bus in January.

Naptown_Seth
08-02-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm not asking for 5 games. I don't even want or expect to be even with Portland (but I sure hope Tim Duncan wrecks Oden on opening night). But I do expect at least ONE nationally-televised game for every team - it's just not fair. I'd rather watch all those teams once than watch the Cavs 400 times a year.
That's understandable. I agree that if the NBA was REALLY about marketing the entire package and the game itself they'd do a lot better job of this. But obviously they have zero problem discarding Seattle, Portland, Utah, and of course Indy too. Memphis is another city like Indy with less support than their output deserves (even great they get treated like they are just okay).

grace
08-02-2007, 04:18 PM
I think the NBA considers their little network to be national. It's probably more national than the NFL Network is.

Kegboy
08-02-2007, 05:26 PM
but I sure hope Tim Duncan wrecks Oden on opening night

:cry:

Looks like somebody's off my Christmas card list.

JayRedd
08-02-2007, 06:05 PM

Fair aint got nothing to do with ratings and ad revenue. It's a business and our product is not sellable.

Obviously they have zero problem discarding Seattle, Portland, Utah, and of course Indy too. Memphis is another city like Indy with less support than their output deserves (even great they get treated like they are just okay).

Seattle and Portland were irrelevant. Not they are high priority. Aint got nothing to do with the sized-market of the team, it's about the talent on the team. Sacto never had problems getting on TV. Neither does San Antonio. And it's not like you saw Boston on national TV all at last year. Or New York.

And when was Memphis ever great? Coulda sworn the Grizz franchise has never won a Playoff game.

pianoman
08-02-2007, 06:08 PM
As much as I like watching the P's nationally, we lost every one we played last year.

ChicagoJ
08-02-2007, 06:23 PM
techincally there is no league-pass broadband (IIRC) it is a perk for signing up for the televised LP via your provider (being able to watch games online).

there is an online audio version where you listen to local radio broadcasts through NBA.com. i've never tried it but i might be this season. i remember checking it out last season, but can't remember how much it cost.

Not that much. I used it alot in Atlanta last season.

Fortunately, late last season I noticed that the Spectravision or whatever they call it in the hotel rooms had a daily ppv version of the league pass.

And it also said that PPV titles don't appear on the hotel bill.

:dance:

JayRedd
08-02-2007, 06:25 PM
I wanna say LeaguePass was only like $169 last year on TimeWarner's "EarlyBird" package that lasted like the first month of the season.

Wu-Gambino
08-02-2007, 07:31 PM
No Thanksgiving games on national TV?

Kstat
08-02-2007, 07:35 PM
best Christmas present this year... I won't be forced to watch Miami vs LA again.

Also, they brought back the Christmas day triple-header, which used to be a staple back in the day.

Wade vs LeBron
Kobe vs Nash
Oden vs Durant

Last year sucked with only one game.

Kstat
08-02-2007, 07:37 PM
No Thanksgiving games on national TV?

None at all, period. None last year, either.

Since the NFL decided to do a 3rd thanksgiving game at night, the NBA got muscled out of turkey day. I'm sure the players enjoy the holiday off, anyway.

Hicks
08-02-2007, 08:43 PM
It's taken some work, but I have completed my PD version of the 2008 schedule, in calendar format. I have provided a link to each individual month for printing. Hope it proves useful!

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/view.php?pg=08schedule

I also created a version of the schedule that is not surrounded by the forum's template. This should be spaced properly to allow you to print the entire schedule at once without months overlapping, but in case that varies from person to person, I provided them separately as described already.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/08schedule.html

shags
08-02-2007, 09:51 PM
best Christmas present this year... I won't be forced to watch Miami vs LA again.

Also, they brought back the Christmas day triple-header, which used to be a staple back in the day.

Wade vs LeBron
Kobe vs Nash
Oden vs Durant

No football. It'll probably be that way until Christmas falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or Monday again.

JayRedd
08-02-2007, 10:59 PM
It's taken some work, but I have completed my PD version of the 2008 schedule, in calendar format.

Thanks, Hicks.

Kegboy
08-02-2007, 11:23 PM
It's taken some work, but I have completed my PD version of the 2008 schedule, in calendar format. I have provided a link to each individual month for printing. Hope it proves useful!

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/view.php?pg=08schedule

I also created a version of the schedule that is not surrounded by the forum's template. This should be spaced properly to allow you to print the entire schedule at once without months overlapping, but in case that varies from person to person, I provided them separately as described already.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/08schedule.html

I'd whine about all the team logos and network graphics like I did last year, but frankly, I don't care.

avoidingtheclowns
08-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Thanks, Hicks.

ditto

Wade vs LeBron
Kobe vs Nash
Oden vs Durant

i still wish we'd get mavs/warriors but i'm just happy enough no heat / lakers to really complain

Hicks
08-03-2007, 12:27 AM
I'd whine about all the team logos and network graphics like I did last year, but frankly, I don't care.

I don't understand. Last year I did include the team logos and network graphics.

Robertmto
08-03-2007, 02:35 AM
:cry:

Looks like somebody's off my Christmas card list.

So i guess I've been off ever since the first DJ White/Josh McRoberts > Oden comment?? :mad:

bellisimo
08-03-2007, 06:54 AM

actually there is league-pass broadband available which you can purchase without the cable/satellite provider. But it is limited to certain areas/regions...I was in the blackout region :(

Reggierock
08-03-2007, 07:03 AM
Count yourselves lucky, I have to rely on torrents and the good nature of my friends with cable.

aero
08-03-2007, 07:04 AM
None at all, period. None last year, either.

Since the NFL decided to do a 3rd thanksgiving game at night, the NBA got muscled out of turkey day. I'm sure the players enjoy the holiday off, anyway.

you also have to take into consideration that the Indianapolis Colts play on thanksgiving night down in Atlanta. Even though it looks like we wont have the Manning Vs Vick matchup...I dont think the NBA wanted to touch that

Kegboy
08-03-2007, 08:54 AM
I don't understand. Last year I did include the team logos and network graphics.

Yes, you did, after I bugged you for them.

avoidingtheclowns
08-03-2007, 09:26 AM
actually there is league-pass broadband available which you can purchase without the cable/satellite provider. But it is limited to certain areas/regions...I was in the blackout region :(

i didn't realize that... thanks for the info

Hicks
08-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Yes, you did, after I bugged you for them.

I re-coded the entire thing by scratch this year, and the good news is I think I can easily add them with minimal work involved. Standby.

Hicks
08-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Better?

Kegboy
08-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Better?

Yes, but I told you you didn't have to. Now, if you wanted to make one up for Portland...:-p

Naptown_Seth
08-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Fair aint got nothing to do with ratings and ad revenue. It's a business and our product is not sellable.

Seattle and Portland were irrelevant. Not they are high priority. Aint got nothing to do with the sized-market of the team, it's about the talent on the team. Sacto never had problems getting on TV. Neither does San Antonio. And it's not like you saw Boston on national TV all at last year. Or New York.

And when was Memphis ever great? Coulda sworn the Grizz franchise has never won a Playoff game.
A 50 win team with a star PF is worth some TV time.

Markets don't matter? Yeah, let me know when the Knicks and Lakers start getting the appropriate amount of air-time, as in A LOT LESS than Dallas, Phoenix, Spurs, Detroit...

Why should NY be on TV anymore than Memphis? At least Memphis made a serious playoff push in recent years, at least they have a true AS caliber player.

Seattle wasn't relevent because they had just made the playoffs and only featured 2 stars in Allen/Lewis?

Look, you put Bonzi and Zach Randolph as the star players for the Knicks, they get put on national TV. It's not about stars or W-L, it's about markets. If the Spurs were LA you'd never see anyone else on TV but them, they'd have 65 games national by this point.

Honestly NBA marketing and broadcasting always seems to be the last to realize what's hot and who's climbing. There are plenty of guys on the stat boards playing quality ball that they are slow to recognize.

Kegboy
08-03-2007, 03:29 PM
So i guess I've been off ever since the first DJ White/Josh McRoberts > Oden comment?? :mad:

Pretty much. Loser.

JayRedd
08-03-2007, 05:33 PM
A 50 win team with a star PF is worth some TV time.

Maybe in theory.

But the 50-win season was after a 28-win one, so obviously they weren't on the schedule that year. Then they go out and get swept.

And yes they probably deserved a game or two on TNT/ESPN the next year (I'm not sure that they didn't get a few, btw), but still, it's hard to imagine anyone is getting too excited about a team that got swept and has a "star" who is still not nationally known (which he barely is even now to the Sportscenter crowd). They may have been regular season good, but they A) never did jack in the Playoffs when casual fans pay attention, and B) were never even remotely "exctiting" to watch.

Markets don't matter? Yeah, let me know when the Knicks and Lakers start getting the appropriate amount of air-time, as in A LOT LESS than Dallas, Phoenix, Spurs, Detroit...

Why should NY be on TV anymore than Memphis? At least Memphis made a serious playoff push in recent years, at least they have a true AS caliber player.

I'm not saying markets don't matter. Of course, they do. If TV execs have a choice between an equally good Milwaukee team and one from New York/LA/Chicago/Washington/Boston/etc. they are not showing the Bucks, but most teams that people would want to see based on quality show up on national TV. Additionally, TV execs are always gonna choose someone like Philly and AI over an equally good, yet non-marquee team like Seattle.

And where is it you're see New York on national TV? Maybe I've missed it, but I can't recall seeing the Knicks or Boston on ESPN/TNT hardly at all over the last two years.

On the Lakers, two things. 1) They had a very entertaining and memorable series against Phoenix the year before in the Playoffs, and 2) Them being on TV is more about Kobe than anything. He's had so much controversy, discussion, drama that add that to him being the best player in the league and all the fanboys and putting him on TV is a no-brainer.

It's not like the Nick Van Exel Lakers were lighting up the airwaves. It's not like the Clipps have ever gotten much airplay. Although, they started to when they got good and/or exciting. To me, that's more star power (aka, Kobe) than the LA market, which clearly doesn't help the Clip Show.

Here's who ABC has put on TV the last two years, which is a station that pretty much just does the Sunday games and only shows the most marketable teams/games. The number is how many appearances:

2006-07:

Phoenix - 5
Miami - 5
Lakers - 5
Cleveland - 5
Detroit - 5
Dallas - 4
San Antonio - 3
Sacramento - 2
Chicago - 1
Denver - 1
Washington - 1

(There should be one more appearance here...So I'm one off. But I'm not re-counting. The data is all here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_games_tele vised_by_ABC#2006-2007)

2005-06:

Detroit - 5
Miami - 5
LA Lakers - 5
Phoenix - 4
San Antonio - 4
Cleveland - 4
Philadelphia - 4
Indiana - 4
Houston - 4
Dallas - 3
Denver - 2
Minnesota - 1
New York - 1
Washington - 1
Seattle - 1
New Jersey - 1
Chicago - 1

Here's the total number of games played for each team on ABC since 2002-03 (which is I think when they got the NBA TV contract). There are some things that are a little off, but aside from a few exceptions (Cleveland/LeBron, Philly/AI, Lakers having a couple too many), it prettty well coincides with who the best teams in the NBA have been.

Los Angeles Lakers - 24
Dallas Mavericks - 20
Detroit Pistons - 19
San Antonio Spurs - 17
Sacramento Kings - 15
Miami Heat - 15
Cleveland Cavaliers - 14
Houston Rockets - 13
Philadelphia 76ers - 12
Phoenix Suns - 10
Indiana Pacers - 7
New Jersey Nets - 6
New York Knicks - 6
Minnesota Timberwolves - 5
Washington Wizards - 5
Boston Celtics - 4
Denver Nuggets - 4
Chicago Bulls - 3
Orlando Magic - 2
Portland Trailblazers - 1
Milwaukee Bucks - 1
Memphis Grizzlies - 1
Seattle Supersonics -1
Utah Jazz - 0
Los Angeles Clippers - 0
Toronto Raptors - 0
Hornets (both cities) - 0
Charlotte Bobcats - 0
Atlanta Hawks - 0
Golden State Warriors - 0

BTW....As interesting as this is, I'd much rather see the TNT/ESPN list. I'll look around in the next few days.

Honestly NBA marketing and broadcasting always seems to be the last to realize what's hot and who's climbing. There are plenty of guys on the stat boards playing quality ball that they are slow to recognize.

Can't argue with that.

Robertmto
08-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Pretty much. Loser.

this change anything? :cookie: