View Full Version : Chuck to Kings

able
08-02-2007, 09:15 AM
http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/304589.html

Kings add two more assistants
By Sam Amick - Bee Staff Writer

Last Updated 12:46 am PDT Thursday, August 2, 2007
Story appeared in SPORTS section, Page C4

The slowly developing Kings coaching staff finally grew Wednesday, when Chuck Person and Randy Brown were hired as assistants to new head coach Reggie Theus.

Neither hiring came as a surprise: Brown, a Kings player from 1991 to '95, assisted the team during the Vegas Summer League in mid-July, and Person interviewed with Theus late in the session.

Brown, who won three championship rings with Chicago in the late 1990s and retired after 12 seasons in 2003, was successful in real estate before turning his focus to coaching and seeking the right mentor.

During Theus' stint as New Mexico State's head coach, Brown paid his way to Las Cruces, N.M., to observe practice and game-time tactics "six or seven times," according to Theus. The choice to learn from Theus, Brown said, was calculated.

"I wanted to coach, and I wanted to coach in the NBA," Brown said during the Vegas Summer League. "And I knew that Reggie would be here one day. I didn't know it would be this soon, but I knew he'd get there."

Person, a former Indiana assistant and 13-year playing veteran, is being reunited with small forward Ron Artest. Person was a Pacers assistant during Artest's tenure there, and the two spent part of this offseason working out at the Pacers' practice facility.

Former Cleveland assistant Kenny Natt, hired in early July, was the first of Theus' assistants.

Unclebuck
08-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Good for Chuck.

Kegboy
08-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Person, a former Indiana assistant and 13-year playing veteran, is being reunited with small forward Ron Artest.

Bad for Chuck.

ChicagoJ
08-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Bad for the Pacers; good for Chuck.

Chuck wasn't/ isn't ready for the hot seat yet, but he's on progress.

Robobtowncolt
08-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Too bad, they should have hired a big man coach instead.

Hicks
08-02-2007, 11:16 AM
The defense will never be the same now that he's gone.

:happydanc

Anthem
08-02-2007, 11:25 AM
The defense will never be the same now that he's gone.

Good point.

Shade
08-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Bad for the Pacers; good for Chuck.

Chuck wasn't/ isn't ready for the hot seat yet, but he's on progress.

This must be a rough week for you Jay, what with the Rifleman leaving and the Celtics getting KG and all.

ChicagoJ
08-02-2007, 02:06 PM
But can't you tell from my mood? I'm fine.

:D