PDA

View Full Version : Dee Brown Looking Around

DGPR
07-30-2007, 07:48 PM
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,695196098,00.html

Today's expected official welcoming of former Utah Valley State guard Ronnie Price has Utah Jazz fans wondering what will now happen to Dee Brown, who spent last season as Utah's No. 3 point but now appears No. 4 on a three-man list.
Brown, a restricted free agent who did not sign a qualifying offer from the Jazz because he wanted it guaranteed, addressed the question of his own future on his Web site over the weekend.
"Now with this qualifying offer on the table along with two point guards signed (including Jason Hart, signed a few weeks ago), I have to look around the league and find a team that is interested in me, a solid point guard," Brown wrote. "My agent will definitely see what's out there for me, now that Utah made it clear that they want to move in a different direction. I really feel like the Jazz organization is looking for something else and going in a different direction as far as the guard position goes."
Brown also said he had hoped to return to Utah the Jazz haven't publicly ruled it out yet and thought he'd played well in the Rocky Mountain Revue.
"I felt like Utah was the perfect fit for me because it's a city that has great fans, great tradition and teammates and fans that love me, and I love them back," Brown said. "But again it's a business.
"I just wanted to reach out to the fans and let everyone know your boy wanted to stay with D-Will (his Illinois teammate), C-Booze (Carlos Boozer), Memo (Mehmet Okur), Ron Ron (Ronnie Brewer), P-Mill (Paul Millsap), but things happen and changes are made. I love Utah, and for me to be even thinking about moving or going to another city it's crazy for me right now.
Last week, Brown was out doing Junior Jazz clinics in Pocatello and elsewhere in the Mountain West, and he takes the high road about the Jazz and thanks fans in a long blog entry at www.deebrown11.com/blog (http://www.deebrown11.com/blog).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully the Pacers could pick this guy up, but probably not since they don't do smart decisions anymore. This was the guy I was rooting for us to get in the 2nd round last year, and we all know how that turned out.

jeffg-body
07-30-2007, 10:29 PM
I agree totally with you. I actually like the recent players signed and think a lot of people will be pleasently surprised with Kareem Rush and Diener. I know Diener's stats are not impressive, but the Magic's fan base were very attached to him and everyone I have asked on their boards were impressed with his ability to control the game and were upset that they let him get away. ;)

I would love to see Dee Brown taken a look at for the back-up PG role. All I remember was the guy killing IU all of the time and don't ever remember him making too many bad decisions. Unfortunately with him being in Utah, we didn't get much of a look at him last year. :cool:

I can't wait to see how our young guys continue to develop and how some of the others have worked hard in the offseason. A lot of us have gotten into dogging them before the season has even begun. Let's give the guys some time to see what they can do. :happydanc

Kegboy
07-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Pacer fans were attached to Jamison Brewer. Doesn't mean he was any good.

(And don't get me started on Damon Bailey.)

Young
07-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Brown would be a fine player to sign.

Nice third stringer.

He has basketball skills and he is cat quick. So that would be nice to have because Tinsley and Diener are not.

Trader Joe
07-30-2007, 11:43 PM
We don't need 10,000 Illini fans at every home game. Well actually I guess we do, someone has to show up.

Young
07-30-2007, 11:46 PM
We don't need 10,000 Illini fans at every home game. Well actually I guess we do, someone has to show up.

I'm not sure they have 10,000 fans

Trader Joe
07-30-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm not sure they have 10,000 fans

Well there was a ridiculous amount of em at the Pacers-Jazz game this year.

SoupIsGood
07-30-2007, 11:50 PM

No kidding! Bunch of them behind me screaming their heads off for Dee the whole game.

DrBadd01
07-30-2007, 11:54 PM

Perhaps then we should talk the the Jazz about Deron Williams ;)

Robertmto
07-31-2007, 12:18 AM
Dee Brown is too fast for the team. He'd be the only person past the time line and automatically be allowed to chuck up the three. PERFECT.

:laugh:

DGPR
07-31-2007, 01:46 AM
I believe Dee would make a great leader and backup point guard for us. Plus the attendance boost would be a plus. TPTB would be dumb not to at least look into acquiring him.

Robertmto
07-31-2007, 02:49 AM
I believe Dee would make a great leader and backup point guard for us. Plus the attendance boost would be a plus. TPTB would be dumb not to at least look into acquiring him.

Wait Dee Brown would be the backup instead of Diener??

Kraft
07-31-2007, 04:14 AM
Dee has a near-cult following in Illinois. Though Deron was always the better player, Dee was the loved one.

And yes, the Illini have plenty of fans. Central Illinois adores them. There's always a packed house for home games.

But Brown is no more than a third-string guard, at best. He got some good minutes last year, but those minutes also highlighted all his problems. He's not that quick, has a seriously streaky shot and isn't a distributor. Oh, and he's tiny. He's smart, though, and works around those issues.

BoomBaby33
07-31-2007, 07:35 AM

Wait a minute, I thought thats why they signed Andre Owens, there are at least 800 fans that will show up from Perry Meridian. Plus the other 6-7,000 fans that cared that he played for IU for a year under Bob Knight's tutuledge.

Gotta put people in the stands somehow - maybe even Bird comes out of retirement. :D

travmil
07-31-2007, 11:19 AM
Pacer fans were attached to Jamison Brewer. Doesn't mean he was any good.

(And don't get me started on Damon Bailey.)

I think the only reason anyone gave a hoot about the guy is because Artest was his personal spokesman. Either that or they liked his pimp suits.

I don't know about Damon Bailey's pimp suits though.

JayRedd
07-31-2007, 11:21 AM
We could use his shooting and quickness off the dribble, but I don't even really consider him a point guard. He's more of a homeless man's Bobby Jackson/Dana Barros type to me who's more of a really undersized two-guard.

Oneal07
07-31-2007, 11:28 AM
He's a nyce PG, but he plays reckless sometimes!! He plays hard all the time, which I like