PDA

View Full Version : Who Plays

pianoman
07-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Who plays instruments? I am in a band that is getting ready to go on "tour" and I just wondered who else plays instruments and what they play. I have been playing keyboard since I was 4 . I am 17 now and I still love the Piano.

bellisimo
07-28-2007, 02:57 PM
i was always fascinated to play - but never really followed it through...
back in school had to learn to play the flute in music class...but its been over 7 years since i've played...

Eindar
07-28-2007, 11:02 PM
I played percussion from 5th grade through high school. I played a mean recorder prior to that.

Cobol Sam
07-29-2007, 10:26 AM
I play the Baritone, guitar, and a very small amount of piano.

Raskolnikov
07-30-2007, 05:10 PM
I started playing the piano when I was 6, but I quit at 13. Too much classical music, not enough freedom in what I wanted to play, always the "school feeling" I got when I was playing.

After a couple of brief revivals, one year ago, I really started to play again. We started a band with a couple of friends (in which I sing, play the piano and occasionally some guitar - I'm learning to play guitar since January). I also (try to) write songs now...the unrealistic part of me (that tends to me a big part of me sometimes) is already hoping to make music for a living in three or four years.....

DisplacedKnick
07-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Used to play piano and in my youth I played keyboard in a really bad band. Also played guitar - if strumming about 8 chords is considered playing.

And I gotta say, in this day and age I suffer from serious keyboard envy. Find yourself a 1976 Yamaha someday and give it a shot - what they have now for $200 totally kicks what cost a grand back then.

317Kim
07-30-2007, 07:46 PM
My boyfriend has played the violin for about 10 years.

I played the piano the first semester of my freshman year, but didn't want to continue doing so. :shrug:

City of Big Sholdas
07-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Alto Saxophone, recently just quit....:confused:

avoidingtheclowns
07-31-2007, 03:42 PM
guitar (left-handed which makes finding decent / affordable guitars a bit of a challenge), bass (just simple - no slap, etc..), some piano ... played clarinet for like a month and a half in middle school

efx
07-31-2007, 06:49 PM
Before I got into the videogaming industry this year I was a classical guitarist. It was what I got my bachelors and masters in and I still play a lot, giving the occasional concert here and there.

btowncolt
07-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Alto saxophone. Played in Carnegie Hall once.

LoneGranger33
07-31-2007, 07:04 PM
I play the Baritone, guitar, and a very small amount of piano.

Baritone horn? Cause I played that until last year (in the college marching band - :blush:), as well as the trumpet and I'm attempting to play harmonica nowadays. I also played the cabaca in concert.