PDA

View Full Version : Peter Vescey e-mailed me

Smashed_Potato
07-27-2007, 02:13 AM
I emailed him asking about JO and the Pacers well... he did not give me any ground-breaking news he did say that JO will not be wearing a Pacers uniform come October... I'm not sure if he's speculating but i asked him about the situation and he said anything that is being worked out will be worked out behind the scenes. thought i will keep the JO news under the loop for PD.

Cobol Sam
07-27-2007, 03:58 AM
In somewhat related news God emailed me. He said that JO will FOR SURE be a Pacer next season, and that I will win a million dollars. Just thought I'd keep ya'll in the loop... of what God is emailing about... seriously...

Raskolnikov
07-27-2007, 04:14 AM
In somewhat related news God emailed me. He said that JO will FOR SURE be a Pacer next season, and that I will win a million dollars. Just thought I'd keep ya'll in the loop... of what God is emailing about... seriously...
What's his email adress?

SoupIsGood
07-27-2007, 05:55 AM
he did not give me any ground-breaking news he did say that JO will not be wearing a Pacers uniform come October...

Great news! If Vecsey says it, then we don't have to worry about JO leaving for a good long time.

RWB
07-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks for sharing Potato.

Dr. Goldfoot
07-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Of course, Tank Thompson said the Pacers aren't shopping JO but as always are listening to what other teams will offer. He was on "The Drive w/ JMV" yesterday at the Reggie Wayne thing.

Gyron
07-27-2007, 09:25 AM
I echo RWB, thanks for sharing. I don't always believe Vescey, but I do read what he has to say. I mean its the summer, what the hell else are we gonna read?

Unclebuck
07-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the update.

Slick Pinkham
07-27-2007, 10:01 AM
In somewhat related news God emailed me.

In God I trust.

From everyone else, I require evidence.

indygeezer
07-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Question...did he state it as a definite fact or as an "IMO" ?

Can you copy/paste the message here?

slyder
07-27-2007, 12:36 PM
What's his email adress?

mark jackson has it, ask him

Hicks
07-27-2007, 12:54 PM
I emailed him right after it came out the PV was saying JO to LA... and he never responded. Considering he'd responded to an email I'd sent him long before that, I was disappointed. I was asking him about the rumor.

GrangerRanger
07-27-2007, 01:19 PM
To say that Peter actually sit down and typed over 600,000 emails back to fans or even a fraction of that number is absurd. His messages are automated.

SoupIsGood
07-27-2007, 01:21 PM
To think that PV has 600,000 fans is absurd.

owl
07-27-2007, 01:33 PM
This whole thread is absurd.

Hicks
07-27-2007, 01:39 PM
To say that Peter actually sit down and typed over 600,000 emails back to fans or even a fraction of that number is absurd. His messages are automated.

First of all, that # is ridiculous. Second, his response to me wasn't automated.

Naptown_Seth
07-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Lock it up so it can go in the list of PV success stories I hear so much about.

BTW, if the word "probably" was used or even the sentiment of it at least then I could be a lot more understanding with PV's crap. But this stuff is turning into Gauransheeds...you only remember the ones that come out right.

Cobol Sam
07-27-2007, 01:54 PM
I can't believe the argument is over whether PV's emails are real. What about God's emails people!?

BTW his address is: billgates@msn.com, er wait admin@earth.heaven

JayRedd
07-27-2007, 02:18 PM
The cynicism on PD reaches new heights every day.

rexnom
07-27-2007, 02:23 PM
The cynicism on PD is reaches new heights every day.
I know...it's like Voldemort took a hold of PD...it's really creepy. We used to be such a happy bunch. Now we make Eagles fans look chipper.

indygeezer
07-27-2007, 02:26 PM
I know...it's like Voldemort took a hold of PD...it's really creepy. We used to be such a happy bunch. Now we make Eagles fans look chipper.

It's Ron Artest's fault.

Cobol Sam
07-27-2007, 02:31 PM

Not to fear. This is the anti-cynicism.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qEv75s-56_0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qEv75s-56_0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

eldubious
07-27-2007, 02:51 PM
"The Pacers will trade Jermaine O'Neal, Jamal Tinsley, and a 2008 2nd round pick to the Lakers for Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, the 19th pick, and Kwame Brown. The deal is as good as done." - Peter Vescey, May 31st, 2007

That's everything you need to know about Vecesy.

NuffSaid
07-27-2007, 04:02 PM
I'll say it again, "Until you read about it on ESPN.com, Pacers.com, IndyStar.com, or your local sports page, or you hear it on ESPN/local sports talk radio it's not official." Thus, it's not true.

Stay tuned...

Naptown_Seth
07-27-2007, 04:07 PM
I hope you aren't equating the refusal to have smoke blown up my rear by a guy who's failed many times over to correctly predict inside info with cynicism.

PV has earned the distrust. I don't view Stein or Scoop Jackson in the same light that I few PV, for example. Of course they don't typically take the "bank it" approach on some bold predictions.

Yeah, yeah, I know, there's a wolf out there....again. I'll get right on it. ;)

PS - this doesn't mean a trade won't happen, it just means nothing is certain. More so if PV says it is.

JayRedd
07-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Nah, more in regards to the fact that half the board's first reaction to something like "I received an e-mail from Vescey" is "Bull**** you did, you Laker loving liar!!!!" (me certainly included).

I bet some of us think Gandhi was only in it for the chicks.

FlavaDave
07-27-2007, 04:41 PM
admin@earth.heaven

Bwahahaha!

Cobol Sam
07-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Bwahahaha!

:confused:

Smashed_Potato
07-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Question...did he state it as a definite fact or as an "IMO" ?

I couldn't really tell.

indygeezer
07-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Nah, more in regards to the fact that half the board's first reaction to something like "I received an e-mail from Vescey" is "Bull**** you did, you Laker loving liar!!!!" (me certainly included).

He was?!?!?!?!?!?!

FlavaDave
07-27-2007, 05:09 PM
:confused:

That's God's email address, right? I thought it was clever.

Naptown_Seth
07-27-2007, 05:31 PM

Dude got l**d like there was no tomorrow. Is that why he was in it? Probably. That and the sitting.

I didn't discount that SP actually got the email, just it's meaning. Of course his reason for being at this point seems to be to promote some JO-Lakers trade, so it's natural that people were cynical.

So is it that PD is getting more cynical or that more people are showing up with questionable motives? I haven't been around long enough to know, I'm still giddy over the lack of trolling compared to the Star (and the pictures :) ).

Cobol Sam
07-27-2007, 05:34 PM
That's God's email address, right? I thought it was clever.

Oh I forgot i had said that. I can assure you, though, that you are the first person to ever find me clever! ;)

GrangerRanger
07-27-2007, 05:36 PM
First of all, that # is ridiculous. Second, his response to me wasn't automated.

I said "Or even a fraction of that number". Also, there is no way of telling if the message is automated or not.

Will Galen
07-27-2007, 05:40 PM
I'll say it again, "Until you read about it on ESPN.com, Pacers.com, IndyStar.com, or your local sports page, or you hear it on ESPN/local sports talk radio it's not official." Thus, it's not true.

Stay tuned...

I believe Vescey before I believe ESPN. Remember when they had Ron Artest involved in a fight at one of the All Star game parties and it turned out he was on vacation with his family?

Now-days with the Internet, and with sources quoting each other, I don't believe anything until there is real confirmation, like a press conference.

Will Galen
07-27-2007, 05:45 PM
I said "Or even a fraction of that number". Also, there is no way of telling if the message is automated or not.

When you get a message addressing what you asked it's not automated. Just like you know this reply isn't automated.

Kegboy
07-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Not to fear. This is the anti-cynicism.

<OBJECT height=350 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qEv75s-56_0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></OBJECT></P>
Oh good. Now when some sunshiner's going on and on, I can just say "Hugga Wugga".

JayRedd
07-27-2007, 06:04 PM
So is it that PD is getting more cynical or that more people are showing up with questionable motives? I haven't been around long enough to know, I'm still giddy over the lack of trolling compared to the Star (and the pictures :) ).

Maybe one of the old-timers could help you out there. I got here right when you did, I believe.

But you're definitely right about the limited troll bliss that is PD. The fact that just three or four showing up seems like a barbarian invasion is a real testament to the admins round here. Kudos.

As far as cynicism....I didn't mean just questioning other posters. It's like no one believes anything anyone says and thinks everyone has alterior motives, no matter whether it's Bird/Walsh, JO, Stern, Vecsey, Sports Guy, ESPN or even guys seemingly beyond reproach like your boy Fingers.

I'm a pretty cynical bast**d myself, so I'm not pointing fingers. Hell, I'm pretty sure gravity was invented by Delta just so they could make money off of my inability to fly. It just seems to be a growing trend of late is all, and it's always a little jarring to see people express lesser faith in humanity than I do.

I'm guessing it might have something to do with us being horrible.

Or maybe Kegboy's Death Star is just nearing completion and all the reamaining sunshiners are training on Dagobah for a final stand.

When you get a message addressing what you asked it's not automated. Just like you know this reply isn't automated.

What ever you say, robot. We're all on to you.

FlavaDave
07-27-2007, 06:14 PM

Thank you for your response, Will Galen .

I'm as big of a Pacers fan as you are, and I love hearing your comments. Please check Pacers Digest regularly for more informative topics like this one. And who knows, maybe I might comment on a thread of yours in the future? ;)

Keep on rockin',

-FlavaDave

indygeezer
07-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Maybe one of the old-timers could help you out there. I got here right when you did, I believe.

But you're definitely right about the limited troll bliss that is PD. The fact that just three or four showing up seems like a barbarian invasion is a real testament to the admins round here. Kudos.

As far as cynicism....I didn't mean just questioning other posters. It's like no one believes anything anyone says and thinks everyone has alterior motives, no matter whether it's Bird/Walsh, JO, Stern, Vecsey, Sports Guy, ESPN or even guys seemingly beyond reproach like your boy Fingers.

I'm a pretty cynical bast**d myself, so I'm not pointing fingers. Hell, I'm pretty sure gravity was invented by Delta just so they could make money off of my inability to fly. It just seems to be a growing trend of late is all, and it's always a little jarring to see people express lesser faith in humanity than I do.

I'm guessing it might have something to do with us being horrible.

Or maybe Kegboy's Death Star is just nearing completion and all the reamaining sunshiners are training on Dagobah for a final stand.

What ever you say, robot. We're all on to you.

It's Sassan's fault.

Eindar
07-28-2007, 03:44 AM
It's Sassan's fault.

I blame me! I refuse to believe anything without proof, and if I'm rubbing off on others, I consider that a good thing. When I arrived at the RATS board, conversations went like this:

Random_Guy: Reggie Miller is my cousin, and he told me that the Pacers are working on cloning the ABA championship team, so we'll be great in about 20 years. We were going to clone Wilt, Russell, and West, but apparently we don't own their contract rights.

Pacers_Fan_01: Wow! That's great! Since Isiah's our coach, can we clone him, too?

Random_Guy: Oh, I forgot. We're cloning Isiah twice, so we can donate one of his knees to Jonathan Bender.

Pacers_Fan_01: Awesome! Thanks for the insider info! I can't wait!

Cobol Sam
07-28-2007, 10:39 AM
I blame me! I refuse to believe anything without proof, and if I'm rubbing off on others, I consider that a good thing. When I arrived at the RATS board, conversations went like this:

Random_Guy: Reggie Miller is my cousin, and he told me that the Pacers are working on cloning the ABA championship team, so we'll be great in about 20 years. We were going to clone Wilt, Russell, and West, but apparently we don't own their contract rights.

Pacers_Fan_01: Wow! That's great! Since Isiah's our coach, can we clone him, too?

Random_Guy: Oh, I forgot. We're cloning Isiah twice, so we can donate one of his knees to Jonathan Bender.

Pacers_Fan_01: Awesome! Thanks for the insider info! I can't wait!

Without proof I don't believe that account of the conversation to be historically accurate.

Naptown_Seth
07-28-2007, 01:07 PM
or even guys seemingly beyond reproach like your boy Fingers.
I'd go to the wall for my boy Fingers. No way I doubt his motives ever (straight cash homey).

Now Dino...Dino you can't trust. If he offers to buy you a lap dance you'd better check and make sure you've still got your wallet.

But seriously Jay, the PD parties are actually a lot funnier and more lighthearted, even though people are interested and serious about the issues. Of course in those cases many of the people know each other and somehow in-person contact makes "strange tales" seem less likely to be BS. I mean most of the time you're gonna see that guy again in a few months so impressing people with fake contacts seems less likely.

Kegboy
07-29-2007, 11:15 AM

:shhh:

Why did I instantly equate the CPK's with Ewoks after reading that? :shrug: