PDA

View Full Version : How will Tinsley do under JOB?

pianoman
07-26-2007, 08:52 PM
How will JT do this year

-Terrible, worse than under RC
-uggh
-Same JT
-A little bit better
-changed
-Great Tinsley avg. 12 ppg 8 ast, and 1.5 st/game 76 games

I think if he can stay healthy, he could be a decent tool this year.

cramerica
07-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Was this supposed to be a poll?

pianoman
07-26-2007, 09:00 PM
yes but I don't know how to make polls yet.

OnlyPacersLeft
07-26-2007, 09:04 PM
he's going to be the man! get ready because tinsleys gonna turn into an all star this season!

Hicks
07-26-2007, 09:11 PM
When starting a new thread, there's a box you can check to let the forum software know you want to setup a poll after submitting your post. It's appreciated by many around here to make sure you set it to "public poll" instead of the default setting: "private poll". The reason many appreciate it is because when it's public, we can see which of us voted for which answer.

Secondly, you can still add a poll now. Go to the top of your initial post, and click "Thread Tools". You will see an option to add a poll.

rexnom
07-26-2007, 09:12 PM
How will JT do this year

-Terrible, worse than under RC
-uggh
-Same JT
-A little bit better
-changed
-Great Tinsley avg. 12 ppg 8 ast, and 1.5 st/game 76 games

I think if he can stay healthy, he could be a decent tool this year.
Are you saying that this is what you want or expect from Tins?

Because he averaged 13ppg, 7ast, and 1.5st in 72 games at 30+ mpglast year. He'll do at least as well this year, I think.

madison
07-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Easy to answer. He'll take 3's at inopportune moments (and miss). He'll make passes that have no chance. He'll look sullen and bored. He'll add nothing to team chemistry. He'll also make sure JO gets the ball in the post, and every once in awhile, he'll make a pass that will be on the highlight reel at ESPN. He'll also start the season with some kind of suspension for off-court behavior. Next question, please.

Bball
07-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Easy to answer. He'll take 3's at inopportune moments (and miss). He'll make passes that have no chance. He'll look sullen and bored. He'll add nothing to team chemistry. He'll also make sure JO gets the ball in the post, and every once in awhile, he'll make a pass that will be on the highlight reel at ESPN. He'll also start the season with some kind of suspension for off-court behavior. Next question, please.

You saved me a lot of typing.

-Bball

BlueNGold
07-26-2007, 09:30 PM

Very nice.

I expect much of the same. Some fancy dribbling, a few nice games, a lot of wild passes, a few spectacular ones, a poor FG%, lots of bad defense, lots of whining at refs, a few sinus attacks, maybe a drug bust or bar brawl and absolutely no leadership.

In JOb's offense, he should be able to distribute the ball to our poor shooters though. :laugh:

indyblue47
07-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Ditto to Madison, BBall, and Blue&Gold.

Thanks guys for saving me the typing...

Pacers#1Fan
07-27-2007, 12:21 AM
WHEN he plays... I think he'll be a little better but you know that at best we'll get 50 games out of him (at very best).

SparkyPacer
07-27-2007, 12:22 AM
On a side note He drinks Kitty Blood. That's odd I thought we got more then 50 games out of him last season. Actually I'm pretty sure he played more games then most.

Trader Joe
07-27-2007, 12:27 AM
Booo private poll...

naptown
07-27-2007, 12:37 AM
I think Tins will have the best year of his career.

Will Galen
07-27-2007, 02:59 AM

I agree. I think O'B helps!

Mr.ThunderMakeR
07-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Very nice.

I expect much of the same. Some fancy dribbling, a few nice games, a lot of wild passes, a few spectacular ones, a poor FG%, lots of bad defense, lots of whining at refs, a few sinus attacks, maybe a drug bust or bar brawl and absolutely no leadership.

In JOb's offense, he should be able to distribute the ball to our poor shooters though. :laugh:No flying dustpans?

Alpolloloco
07-27-2007, 07:03 AM
He'll be a backup behind Diener at the start of the season, looking desinterested and sulking on the bench. We'll have the highest paid bench with Tinsley, Dunleavy, Murphy and Foster (appr. 28m!)

Unclebuck
07-27-2007, 07:20 AM
I refuse to answer as I don't wish to incriminate myself. Yes I'm taking the 5th.

D-BONE
07-27-2007, 07:54 AM
Same JT. I expect similar stats, but I don't expect much improvement in the attitude, consistency, and leadership department. In other words, solid stats with a heaping portion of frustration. MAYBE the off-court stuff get curtailed for a year though. A frustratingly decent PG (b/c the potential is never fully realized).

Infinite MAN_force
07-27-2007, 12:06 PM

i sort of believe this too, but Im open to the possibility that I could be utterly wrong.

We all know he had problems with rick, and we know Obrien is high on him based on statements... With a coach who believes in him, while at the same time being tough on him... who knows? We might see a new Tinsley next year.

Or could be the same, which really last year wasnt too bad if you take out the off-court incidents. 13/7 and 72 games aint too shabby.

JayRedd
07-27-2007, 01:00 PM
On a side note He drinks Kitty Blood.

Booo private poll...

HOOOOray kitty blood!!!

I imagine we'll see the good ol' bipolar gameplay out of Tins that we've all come to love (and/or hate).

Anyone of us trying to predict heads or tales on coin flip probably has as much chance of being right as predicting whether he'll play 40 games or 70. And much the same could be said about predicting whether he'll take 7 shots or 20 in any given game. Or whether he'll make 3 or 14. Or whether he'll have 2 TOs or 6. Or whether he gets to the line 10 times or 0. Or whether he'll try at all on defense.

Naptown_Seth
07-27-2007, 01:54 PM
You saved me a lot of typing.

-Bball
I agree, though I'm not quite that cynical about it. But this idea that finally, suddenly he'll have the 3 range he's struggled to find, that JOB's system will in any way add discipline to his passing game, remove the assists-selfish approach of overlooking the pass that leads to the assist pass, remove his apparently poor attendence record or teach him how to actually make a layup rather than missing with the required follow-up of "AND ONE MF'ER" is just something I can't believe in at all.

And I actually enjoy quite a bit of Tinsley's game. I don't think the good stuff will magically be gone either. He's flawed, he's getting paid MLE caliber money from here on out, so that's the caliber of play I expect.

Tins won't make or break the team unless you are counting on him to make the team...then he will break it. I feel the same way about Dunleavy.

Naptown_Seth
07-27-2007, 01:56 PM
I refuse to answer as I don't wish to incriminate myself. Yes I'm drinking a 5th.
Fixed.
This does seem to be the smartest approach as preparation for being a fan next season. ;)

Dr. Goldfoot
07-27-2007, 02:43 PM
But this idea that finally, suddenly he'll have the 3 range he's struggled to find,

I wonder what happened to his 3PT range actually. In the '03-'04 season he shot .372 on 207 attempts (in only 52 games to boot) only Reggie and Ron shot more. The following season he shot .372 again on 156 attempts ( 40 games). Last season he shot .316 which isn't the worst three point shooter ever but the other three seasons he's been in the league he was horrible.

Why is that I wonder?

JB's Breakout Year
07-27-2007, 03:13 PM
I wonder what happened to his 3PT range actually. In the '03-'04 season he shot .372 on 207 attempts (in only 52 games to boot) only Reggie and Ron shot more. The following season he shot .372 again on 156 attempts ( 40 games). Last season he shot .316 which isn't the worst three point shooter ever but the other three seasons he's been in the league he was horrible.

Why is that I wonder?
I think as far as last season goes, there were a lot of times where the offense would just kind of sputter, the 24 second clock would be winding down, and someone would throw the ball back to him with 2-3 seconds left and he'd have to take a desperation jumper, a lot of times behind the line. Contributed to a lot of 4 for 15 shooting nights for old JT.

rexnom
07-27-2007, 03:18 PM

Why is that I wonder?
Maybe 03-04 we just had a lot of weapons...which is why everyone was on top of their games that season...