PDA

View Full Version : ROT IN HELL, COCKROACHES!!!

Mr.ThunderMakeR
07-26-2007, 02:13 PM
I was rolling over in bed around 5 am this morning and as I roll over I wake up slightly and glance down, and right where Im going to put my face there is a smashed, dying cockroach!!! WTF!

I went ape****! I tore my bedroom apart looking for more, didnt find any. I tore all the sheets and blankets off my bed and put clean ones on. Then I jumped in the shower and scrubbed myself like a rape victim. And I still had a hard time going back to sleep. Every little itch I felt I thought was another cockroach. I think I have been traumatized by this event.

I mean what a terrible way to wake up. The fact that it was smashed and dying means I had already rolled around on it a bit, how disgusting is that? And cockroaches arent easy to kill either.

And the thing is Ive lived in this apartment for a year now and never seen one single cockroach. With only 3 days before I move out, I finally see one, and in my bed no less. And my bedroom is by far the cleanest room in the apartment!

Spicoli
07-26-2007, 02:17 PM
That sounds like bad times man.

I'd offer to let you use my crapper to flush it down the drain, but it'd probably just float there.........

317Kim
07-26-2007, 02:24 PM
:console:

I'm sorry you had to go through that so early.

bellisimo
07-26-2007, 02:54 PM
bummer...sometimes no matter how clean you keep your house - they still manage to pop out - most likely from neighbors...end up getting lost/etc...

Mr.ThunderMakeR
07-26-2007, 04:20 PM
That sounds like bad times man.

I'd offer to let you use my crapper to flush it down the drain, but it'd probably just float there.........Funny that you mention this, it actually took two flushes to get the little bugger to go down my toilet, with me screaming curses at it the whole time.

Knucklehead Warrior
07-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Funny that you mention this, it actually took two flushes to get the little bugger to go down my toilet, with me screaming curses at it the whole time.

Yeah, but Spicoli's crapper is one of those weenie 1/2 gal jobs. You need one like they have at starbucks, rip your u-trou off if you don't step back.
:dance:

cramerica
07-26-2007, 07:34 PM
That's pretty gross that you rolled over it a couple times. I can't imagine what I would do if that happened to me. Having those cockroach guts on your cheek. Makes me a little squirmish.

D23
07-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Wow, funny you mention this today of all days. I woke up around the same time in the morning today with something crawling on my leg. In the dark I didn't know what it was.. felt like maybe a tick or spider or something. I dunno why but my first waking reaction was to grab it off my leg and blindly throw it across the room in the dark. I was like you.. every tingle or itch afterward had me swatting at the covers. :shudder:

Big Smooth
07-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Cockroaches aren't hard to kill when you beat them with a shoe. :D

I've had 3 apartments in the last 8 years. I've only seen a cockroach twice in that time. The first one, it was sitting on my wall in plain light so I crushed it. That was at my Indy apartment. The other one was worse. I walked into this apartment one night feeling a tickle on my neck. I figured a moth or something was buzzing me. I get into my kitchen and see something out the corner of my eye on my shoulder. It was a freaking cockroach sitting right on my shoulder staring at me. Freaking thing hitchhiked a ride on my back.

I threw off my shirt and the ******* ran. But not even a couple minutes later I spotted him and smeared his guts on my wall.

I hope to not ever see one again.

Unclebuck
07-26-2007, 11:02 PM
I've never seen a cockroach in person - I guess I've been lucky. Aren't they more prevalent in the south

Trader Joe
07-26-2007, 11:14 PM
I bury the COCKAROACHES!

Eindar
07-27-2007, 12:02 AM
My family's house has always been really clean, but one summer they gutted an apartment building two houses down from us, and it was like Moses leading the Israelites across the Red Sea! You could see cockroaches all over the sidewalk/street, and sure enough, we got infested with them about a week later. Had so many that we couldn't deal with it ourselves and had to call an exterminator, where we discoverd that of the 16 varieties that thrive in Indiana, we had like....12 of them living in the house.

At one point, it got so bad that I was trying to make "homebrew" cockroach bombs in my room, so I know how you feel :)

Robobtowncolt
07-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Never, ever step on or squish a cockroach. Not to traumatize you anymore.

Gyron
07-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Never, ever step on or squish a cockroach. Not to traumatize you anymore.

Didn't you watch Men in Black?

If you squish the little ones, the big one will come after you.:onozomg: