View Full Version : RaWle Marshall Arrested on July 6

able
07-26-2007, 07:00 AM
By Don Reid-Staff Writer
Published: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 7:33 PM CDT

http://www.thedailyreporter.com/articles/2007/07/26/news/news01.txt

<table class="clear" align="right" width=""><tbody><tr><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr><td align="center">
</td></tr></tbody></table> COLDWATER ó Indiana Pacer basketball player Rawle KJ Marshall, 25, was arrested early on July 6 on Interstate 69 for allegedly driving under the influence of drugs.

Michigan State Police Trooper Matt Unterbrink clocked Marshallís 2008 Land Rover at 91 mph and stopped the northbound vehicle at 3:45 a.m., court reports indicate.

The trooper smelled marijuana when he obtained Marshallís license. According to information on the ticket, Marshall admitted he had been smoking and was taken to the Community Health Center of Branch County for a blood draw, under the Michigan driver license implied consent law.
<table class="clear" align="right"><tbody><tr><td align="center"><!-- AdSys ad not found for news:middle -->
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Unclebuck
07-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Now we know why he was released

bellisimo
07-26-2007, 07:58 AM
well thats just dandy....

Fool
07-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Indiana players need to stay out of Michigan. Its just not a good place for them.

RWB
07-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Indiana players need to stay out of Michigan. Its just not a good place for them.

Played college ball in Michigan so he's one of yours'. ;)

dgranger
07-26-2007, 10:33 AM
At least he didn't run and lie that he wasn't smoking.

Hicks
07-26-2007, 10:38 AM
I'll miss him.

Oneal07
07-26-2007, 10:47 AM
What's wrong wit these NBA Players

Unclebuck
07-26-2007, 10:47 AM
One thing I simply do not understand - I mean not at all, not even a little bit. When someone has been drinking or taking illegal drugs of any kind - and they decide to drive - why, why do the speed. I would think that if you really, really, really don't want to get caught by the cops, you would go the speed limit.

Granted, if you are too impaired you might not make a good decision. But back in my younger days there were times when I had a few drinks and I got behind the wheel (I really don't think I was over the legal limit, but I certainly wasn't interested in finding out) I made sure I drove the speed limit and drove extremely carefully - it wasn't that difficult.

317Kim
07-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Good point, UB.

I can't believe Rawle would so stuff like that. Well, that probably played a big part on why he's no longer on the roster.

JayRedd
07-26-2007, 10:53 AM
I believe Homer can answer your question:

"Oh, I’m in no condition to drive. Wait a minute...I don’t have to listen to myself...I’m drunk."

NuffSaid
07-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Now we know why he was released.
The time frame certainly seems to match. Marshall was arrested on July 6th and according to Bird's July 18th statement on "Ask the Pacers", he was released sometime during the following week, July 9-13.

Raskolnikov
07-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Could happen to any NBA player that plays for the Pacers.....

Peck
07-26-2007, 12:28 PM
I believe Homer can answer your question:

"Oh, Iím in no condition to drive. Wait a minute...I donít have to listen to myself...Iím drunk."

Beautiful

PR07
07-26-2007, 01:23 PM
I was wondering why his name never resurfaced on any summer league team, now I know. When you're a fringe NBA talent like he is, you can't really afford to make such a stupid mistake.

Trader Joe
07-26-2007, 02:11 PM
I was wondering why his name never resurfaced on any summer league team, now I know. When you're a fringe NBA talent like he is, you can't really afford to make such a stupid mistake.

Yeah he's probably done for good in the NBA. Europe FTW.

Regardless why do we just seem to attract players that are like this.

GrangerRanger
07-26-2007, 02:41 PM
I dunno. He might go somewhere else. I kinda liked him when he was here. Just a DUI shouldn't hinder him from playing in the league again.

Will Galen
07-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Regardless why do we just seem to attract players that are like this.

I don't think we attract them, I think it's a culture thing in pro sports in general. That being that most players have been told they are great for so long that they have a sense of entitlement like that of a royal family. Thus they think the can do and get away with anything. The same culture permeates show business. For example Paris Hilton.

Bird has said he wants to change the culture of the team.

carpediem024
07-26-2007, 03:46 PM
What a bum.

aceace
07-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Like UB said, why speed. Why get behind the wheel in the first place. I'm sure being an NBA player he's got somewhat of an entourage. Let them drive him around when he's toasted. Probably got away with it for so long didn't think he would get caught. Put a can of bathroom rose scent in the truck and spray it as your getting pulled over.

madison
07-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Perhaps another reason he was dropped by the Pacers is: he wasn't very good!

SycamoreKen
07-26-2007, 11:12 PM
We should merge the two threads with the title of this one answering the title of the other one. It might not be fact, but since when has that ever stopped anyone. ;)

BlueNGold
07-26-2007, 11:18 PM
...why do we just seem to attract players that are like this.

"We don't want any milk drinkers around here"

- Larry J. Bird

mildlysane
07-26-2007, 11:25 PM
One thing I simply do not understand - I mean not at all, not even a little bit. When someone has been drinking or taking illegal drugs of any kind - and they decide to drive - why, why do the speed. I would think that if you really, really, really don't want to get caught by the cops, you would go the speed limit.

Granted, if you are too impaired you might not make a good decision. But back in my younger days there were times when I had a few drinks and I got behind the wheel (I really don't think I was over the legal limit, but I certainly wasn't interested in finding out) I made sure I drove the speed limit and drove extremely carefully - it wasn't that difficult.

I think the saying goes, "don't break the law while you are breaking the law."

Raskolnikov
07-27-2007, 03:23 AM
I think the saying goes, "don't break the law while you are breaking the law."
Hahaa :)

PS How do you ever open that fridge (closet?) with two guitars standing in front of it?

N8R
06-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Same ol same ol

ChristianDudley
06-08-2010, 01:45 PM
he's since started a major fight in a game over in Europe...It's been a while now, but the video is on Youtube I believe, and he beat the living crap out of one of the other team's players. But why was this thread bumped? LOL

MLB007
06-08-2010, 01:57 PM

If anything with the weed, you'd think it would be for going too SLOW! (like the cheech and chong movies)

Hicks
06-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Same ol same ol

Why did you bump a 3 year old thread for?

duke dynamite
06-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Why did you bump a 3 year old thread for?

That is the same question I have.

Sure, Wells just tweeted that Orien Greene got a two year suspension for tampering urine samples.

But two unrelated events.

ChristianDudley
06-08-2010, 02:50 PM
maybe it was because of the Orien Greene news story today, as he was a Pacers teammate of Rawle Marshall??

Tom White
06-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Same ol same ol

You dug up a thread from 2007 to say that? Did I miss something?

Kaufman
06-08-2010, 04:17 PM
maybe he's bringing sexy back