PDA

View Full Version : Another Strip Bar Fight involving a Former Pacer

BlueNGold
07-25-2007, 10:01 PM
http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070725.wsptmercer25/GSStory/GlobeSportsBasketball/?page=rss&id=RTGAM.20070725.wsptmercer25

Ron Mercer surrenders after strip-club dispute

Associated Press
July 25, 2007 at 8:30 PM EDT

<!-- dateline -->NASHVILLE, Tenn. <!-- /dateline -->— Former NBA player Ron Mercer surrendered to police on Wednesday to face a misdemeanor assault charge stemming from a scuffle in a strip club in April, police said.
Mercer, 31, is a Nashville native who was waived by the New Jersey Nets in 2005 after missing more than 60 games due to injury.
Police said Mercer's friend, 34-year-old Robert Edward Johnson, was also charged with felony aggravated assault for stabbing a bouncer at the club in the same incident.
The pair got into a verbal argument with a dancer at Anthony's Show Place on April 21 and were asked to leave by the security guard, Keith Battle.

A fight broke out among the three men and Johnson admitted to police that he stabbed the bouncer in the right side and shoulder with a knife. Battle was not seriously hurt.
Another bouncer, William Beels Jr., was punched in the face by Mercer, police said.
Mercer was released on $1,500 bond and Johnson was released on $5,000 bond. Both were scheduled to appear in court Aug. 13, records show.
Neither man could be reached for comment on Wednesday night. No listed number for Mercer or Johnson could be found in the Nashville area, where both men live. It was not immediately known if they had retained attorneys.
Mercer was an All-American and all-Southeastern Conference player at Kentucky, where he was a freshman on the 1996 NCAA championship team.
After being the sixth overall pick in the 1997 draft by the Boston Celtics, he was traded around the league before being hampered by injuries and cut by the Nets.

SparkyPacer
07-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Shouldn't the title of the article Pacer in Strip Club Fight?

mildlysane
07-25-2007, 10:06 PM

Associated Press

<!-- dateline --><!-- /dateline -->NASHVILLE, Tenn. Former PACER Ron Mercer surrendered to police on Wednesday to face a misdemeanor assault charge stemming from a scuffle in a strip club in April, police said.
Mercer, 31, is a Nashville native who was waived by the New Jersey Nets in 2005 after missing more than 60 games due to injury.
Police said Mercer's friend, 34-year-old Robert Edward Johnson, was also charged with felony aggravated assault for stabbing a bouncer at the club in the same incident.
The pair got into a verbal argument with a dancer at Anthony's Show Place on April 21 and were asked to leave by the security guard, Keith Battle.

A fight broke out among the three men and Johnson admitted to police that he stabbed the bouncer in the right side and shoulder with a knife. Battle was not seriously hurt.
Another bouncer, William Beels Jr., was punched in the face by Mercer, police said.
Mercer was released on $1,500 bond and Johnson was released on $5,000 bond. Both were scheduled to appear in court Aug. 13, records show.
Neither man could be reached for comment on Wednesday night. No listed number for Mercer or Johnson could be found in the Nashville area, where both men live. It was not immediately known if they had retained attorneys.
Mercer was an All-American and all-Southeastern Conference player at Kentucky, where he was a freshman on the 1996 NCAA championship team.
After being the sixth overall pick in the 1997 draft by the Boston Celtics, he was traded around the league before being hampered by injuries and cut by the Nets.
Fixed :D

Lord Helmet
07-25-2007, 10:14 PM

Associated Press

<!-- dateline -->NASHVILLE, Tenn. <!-- /dateline -->— Former NBA player Ron Mercer surrendered to police on Wednesday to face a misdemeanor assault charge stemming from a scuffle in a strip club in April, police said.

Link? We kind of need one.

Kegboy
07-25-2007, 10:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2949363

(We need a "Google is your friend" smilie.)

BlueNGold
07-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Link?

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070725.wsptmercer25/GSStory/GlobeSportsBasketball/?page=rss&id=RTGAM.20070725.wsptmercer25

Kegboy
07-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Btw, can somebody please remove this thread before my sister sees it. She'll be heartbroken.

Lord Helmet
07-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks, sorry if I sounded snappy, but other sites could potentially give us trouble if we don't post links.

BlueNGold
07-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks, sorry if I sounded snappy, but other sites could potentially give us trouble if we don't post links.

NP. I'm still working on my etiquette. I also updated the initial post.

grace
07-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Btw, can somebody please remove this thread before my sister sees it. She'll be heartbroken.

Too late. :cry:

Mr.ThunderMakeR
07-26-2007, 03:11 AM
Im really tired of this sort of behaviour. Its not the fact that NBA players are getting into all these fights. Its the fact that they are doing it at strip clubs. I mean what has America come to if you cant visit your local nudie bar without fearing for your life.

We must stop these NBA players from ruining our strip clubs!

bellisimo
07-26-2007, 05:53 AM
Im really tired of this sort of behaviour. Its not the fact that NBA players are getting into all these fights. Its the fact that they are doing it at strip clubs. I mean what has America come to if you cant visit your local nudie bar without fearing for your life.

We must stop these NBA players from ruining our strip clubs!

Where the music stinks, and they water the drinks, the nudie bar.
Where the girlies dance in their underpants, the nudie bar.
Where you see their butt, and their trap stays shut, at the nudie bar.

Where you can't touch a breast, but you can cave in a chest, at the nudie bar.
Where you look at a thigh, and blacken an eye, at the nudie bar.
Where the beer gives you gas, but the Bundys kick ***, at the nudie bar.

Where a buck's enough to see their stuff, at the nudie bar.
Where the breasts may be fake but man do they shake, at the nudie bar.
Where you swear like a sailor, and wish you could nail her, at the nudie bar.
Where the cops are at the door, and there's a Kennedy on the floor, at the nudie bar.

Naptown_Seth
07-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Honestly I don't have a huge problem with a good old fashion scrap, but what is the deal with stabbing guys? What is this, Altamont?

carpediem024
07-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Wow I haven't heard of his name forever.

Knucklehead Warrior
07-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Sooo, did you copy the entire article because I didn't see any mention of the brawl in there. :confused: