PDA

View Full Version : ROT IN HELL EMMY AWARDS

Unclebuck
07-19-2007, 09:29 AM
I've never done one of these before.

But how the Emmys could not nominate the two best shows on TV. "Friday Night Lights" and "The Wire" for best drama - just proves the Emmy's are worthless.

MagicRat
07-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Without CAPS LOCK and !!!!!!!! it seems like you don't really mean it.......

Robobtowncolt
07-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Hero's got nominated for best drama? What's dramatic about it........waiting to see just how much it sucks this week?

Unclebuck
07-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Without CAPS LOCK and !!!!!!!! it seems like you don't really mean it.......

correction made

grace
07-19-2007, 10:07 AM
I don't complain until one of my shows gets canceled. Why? Well, I must be the most unhip person around because I don't watch any of the shows nominated for best show.

I did however watch "Broken Trail" and thought it was excellent.

SoupIsGood
07-19-2007, 10:19 AM
There ya go Buck, now you're feeling it.

Trader Joe
07-19-2007, 11:47 AM

But how the Emmys could not nominate the two best shows on TV. "Friday Night Lights" and "The Wire" for best drama - just proves the Emmy's are worthless.

Best drama is a joke category this year anyway. I think everyone will be shocked if they don't give it to the Sopranos.

JayRedd
07-19-2007, 12:39 PM

I'm the biggest prosthelyzer of the Wire there is. I successfully converted like 5 people in my office last year to become devout followers. Generally, I get angry at people who haven't watched it and it makes my head hurt and want to take a nap.

But even I've resigned myself to the fact that it's never gonna get any award recognition. I thought there might be some slight chance considering Season 4 was about kids...but nope. Generally, I think it's just too far outside of typical TV critics comfort zone to garner any real following.

Which is a damn shame.

Unclebuck
07-19-2007, 01:39 PM
But even I've resigned myself to the fact that it's never gonna get any award recognition. I thought there might be some slight chance considering Season 4 was about kids...but nope. Generally, I think it's just too far outside of typical TV critics comfort zone to garner any real following.

Which is a damn shame.

It isn't the critics that don't like the Wire - all the critics love the show. it is the Emmy voters which is a strange conglamorate of actors, producers, directors and other hollywood types

cramerica
07-19-2007, 02:21 PM
I've seen the first 2 seasons of "The Wire" and I love that show. When I get back I'm going to watch season 3 and 4.

JayRedd
07-19-2007, 04:24 PM
It isn't the critics that don't like the Wire - all the critics love the show. it is the Emmy voters which is a strange conglamorate of actors, producers, directors and other hollywood types

Yeah...that's what I meant...the voters.

My bad. I just tend to black-out a little when trying to discuss the public's reaction to The Wire.

All in the game, I suppose.