PDA

View Full Version : We haven't even contacted Brevin Knight's agent

Hicks
07-16-2007, 04:13 PM
So says Mike Wells. That's disappointing. He'd be a great backup PG.

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/

July 15, 2007 Let's get to the point

Posted by Mike Wells

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider//archives/mugs/mwells.jpg
It’s just the middle of July and the NBA free agent market is starting to get down to the slim pickings at certain positions.

Part of that has to do with it being a relatively weak free agent class. The other part is that some of the players many thought wouldn’t sign deals until later this month or early August have already signed on the dotted line.

The Pacers have been adamant in saying they need to get a point guard. As all of you can see, they haven’t signed one to a guaranteed deal yet (Andre Owens has a partially guaranteed contract).

Let’s go down the list of who the Pacers have missed out on:

--Mo Williams re-signed with Milwaukee.

--Steve Blake is going to Portland.

--Chucky Atkins is headed to Denver.

--Jason Hart will back up Deron Williams in Utah.

Now let’s check out a few players still available.

--Steve Francis – His agent told me Friday that the Pacers haven’t contacted him about Francis.

--Brevin Knight – The Pacers haven’t called about him, either.

--Earl Boykins – Boykins is looking for a pay raise after opting out of his contract that would have paid him $3 million next season.

--Keith McLeod –The Pacers have talked to his agent about possibly re-signing with them.
If the season started today, Jamaal Tinsley would be the starter with Marquis Daniels backing him up and Owens as the third point guard.

The Pacers can also acquire a point guard through a trade, especially since there are several teams that are loaded with players at that position.

GrangerRanger
07-16-2007, 04:21 PM
What the hell is going on? David Stern should fire Donnie and Larry for being lethargic.

indygeezer
07-16-2007, 05:04 PM
So says Mike Wells. That's disappointing. He'd be a great backup PG.

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/

July 15, 2007 Let's get to the point

Posted by Mike Wells

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider//archives/mugs/mwells.jpg
Itís just the middle of July and the NBA free agent market is starting to get down to the slim pickings at certain positions.

Part of that has to do with it being a relatively weak free agent class. The other part is that some of the players many thought wouldnít sign deals until later this month or early August have already signed on the dotted line.

The Pacers have been adamant in saying they need to get a point guard. As all of you can see, they havenít signed one to a guaranteed deal yet (Andre Owens has a partially guaranteed contract).

Letís go down the list of who the Pacers have missed out on:

--Mo Williams re-signed with Milwaukee.

--Steve Blake is going to Portland.

--Chucky Atkins is headed to Denver.

--Jason Hart will back up Deron Williams in Utah.

Now letís check out a few players still available.

--Steve Francis Ė His agent told me Friday that the Pacers havenít contacted him about Francis.

--Brevin Knight Ė The Pacers havenít called about him, either.

--Earl Boykins Ė Boykins is looking for a pay raise after opting out of his contract that would have paid him $3 million next season.

--Keith McLeod ĖThe Pacers have talked to his agent about possibly re-signing with them.
If the season started today, Jamaal Tinsley would be the starter with Marquis Daniels backing him up and Owens as the third point guard.

The Pacers can also acquire a point guard through a trade, especially since there are several teams that are loaded with players at that position.

A hidden dig at the Pacers from a member of the local media? Shocking! But it appears he's right. Then again, perhaps they know they will obtain one via trade.

Smashed_Potato
07-16-2007, 05:16 PM
I still have no idea why the Pacers are not after a young stud like Travis Outlaw. Portland seems elected to let him walk if a team pays a good amount of their MLE.

avoidingtheclowns
07-16-2007, 05:19 PM
I still have no idea why the Pacers are not after a young stud like Travis Outlaw. Portland seems elected to let him walk if a team pays a good amount of their MLE.

can he play SG? because we're loaded with 6'9" players playing a couple different positions.

why aren't other teams chomping at the bit... i mean portland NEEDS a SF and they don't want to re-sign him. seems odd.

JayRedd
07-16-2007, 05:20 PM

Not sure if you've seen our roster, but we already have about a dozen forwards.

Kegboy
07-16-2007, 05:21 PM
I have no problem with us not contacting these guys. We're better off re-signing McLeod if this isn't addressed via trade.

Unclebuck
07-16-2007, 05:23 PM
I feel like I've posted this 50 times since O'Brien's been named our head coach, but I don't think Brevin fits into the system. OB wants shooters, now he can live with having a playmaker who isn't a shooter, but we already have Daniels and Tinsley, so I think we would rather sign a backup piont guard who can really shoot the ball

Smashed_Potato
07-16-2007, 05:28 PM
I feel like I've posted this 50 times since O'Brien's been named our head coach, but I don't think Brevin fits into the system. OB wants shooters, now he can live with having a playmaker who isn't a shooter, but we already have Daniels and Tinsley, so I think we would rather sign a backup piont guard who can really shoot the ball

I don't think anyone on the Pacers is a shooter only Granger is a close 2nd.. so getting Knight is not exactly going to destroy his system. but boy he probably wishes Reggie was still playing.

Kegboy
07-16-2007, 05:29 PM

What would you think of Pargo? Statistically he's a significantly better shooter than even the vaunted Kareem Rush.

avoidingtheclowns
07-16-2007, 05:32 PM
What would you think of Pargo? Statistically he's a significantly better shooter than even the vaunted Kareem Rush.

i'm all for that. decent defender and shooter, would be fairly inexpensive. probably an improvement over keith.

this morning in the article about Zo and Posey it mentioned the heat had contacted Pargo.

PR07
07-16-2007, 05:33 PM
So have we contacted Boykins or not?

I like Boykins as the best available option, but I'd be comfortable with Pargo and even Smush Parker as a backup PG. Brevin Knight is nice, but he's not a good enough 3 pt shooter since we already have a non-shooter in Tinsley.

Unclebuck
07-16-2007, 05:34 PM

He is really streaky - I've seen him have several very good 4th quarters where he seems unstoppable. I'd be fine if we got him for sure

D-BONE
07-16-2007, 05:40 PM

I'd be good with this. A very average defender IMO but could play an instant offense role off the bench and can hit the mid-range shot. Much less risky than Knight from the standpoint of potential games lost ot injury. Don't know that he's much superior to McLeod though.

avoidingtheclowns
07-16-2007, 05:41 PM
So have we contacted Boykins or not?

I like Boykins as the best available option, but I'd be comfortable with Pargo and even Smush Parker as a backup PG. Brevin Knight is nice, but he's not a good enough 3 pt shooter since we already have a non-shooter in Tinsley.

Boykins is tricky... he has a nice shot and is a decent ball handler but plays less defense than tinsley and from what i hear, each team that he's played for recently has soured on him fairly quickly. that doesn't sound like someone we need.

Smush has had flare ups with Jackson and has been a lockerroom problem. Not interested.

Pargo I'm okay with, same with Keith. Never been that high on Knight... nice defender but is always injured. Jeff McInnis is still out there but he also isn't a shooter. If we made a trade, two I'd look at Arroyo (not a shooter but certainly a quality PG) and Lue (decent shooter, okay defender)

JayRedd
07-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Boykins is tricky... he has a nice shot and is a decent ball handler but plays less defense than tinsley and from what i hear, each team that he's played for recently has soured on him fairly quickly. that doesn't sound like someone we need.

Not at all.

He takes lots of horrible shots and really doesn't bring much playmaking or real floor general qualities to the table.

LoneGranger33
07-16-2007, 05:51 PM
I've always been a big Pargo fan, but he definitely can't start for us.

I'm taller than Earl Boykins, enough said.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
07-16-2007, 05:51 PM
The last thing we need is ANOTHER backup PG. How about we look at fixing our starting PG problem where weve been starting (imo) a backup PG for years.

avoidingtheclowns
07-16-2007, 05:55 PM
I've always been a big Pargo fan, but he definitely can't start for us.

I'm taller than Earl Boykins, enough said.

did you seriously just post about available PGs and not mention... wow, you feeling all right?

The last thing we need is ANOTHER backup PG. How about we look at fixing our starting PG problem where weve been starting (imo) a backup PG for years.

and so your solution would be...?

Mr.ThunderMakeR
07-16-2007, 05:59 PM
and so your solution would be...?Javaris Crittenton DUH. Hes only the next coming of Dwayne Wade and God combined!

Actually I dont have any specific solution. We should be looking to get a new PG in a JO trade though. Thats about the only way I see of getting a quality PG. Who? I dont know.

avoidingtheclowns
07-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Javaris Crittenton DUH. Hes only the next coming of Dwayne Wade and God combined!

Actually I dont have any specific solution. We should be looking to get a new PG in a JO trade though. Thats about the only way I see of getting a quality PG. Who? I dont know.

we're not going to get a great starting PG in a JO trade because we don't want one. the only way getting a starter makes sense is if we're keeping JO. so we've got to nab prospects or backups, make our core solid and then wait for ping pong balls to drop for us.

LoneGranger33
07-16-2007, 06:34 PM
did you seriously just post about available PGs and not mention... wow, you feeling all right?

Well, I don't want to be a broken record. Like usual.

we're not going to get a great starting PG in a JO trade because we don't want one. the only way getting a starter makes sense is if we're keeping JO. so we've got to nab prospects or backups, make our core solid and then wait for ping pong balls to drop for us.

And when did you start making sense all the time...?

Los Angeles
07-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Eddie Gill?

sixthman
07-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Tyronn Lue fits what we need, I think, and he might be available as the Hawks have a lot of guards and could use another center. Lue is a decent backup who can defend smaller guards better than Jamaal, can make a shot, and has an expiring contract.

Using the trade exception, David Harrison for Tyronn Lue?

We still avoid the luxury tax; Billy Knight saves a couple of million for ownership this season.

Shade
07-16-2007, 09:11 PM
I think we have a trade (or two) in process that will net us a PG. That's why I think we're not playing the FA market very much.

That, and TPTB are being a bunch of cheap *******s because they're spending so much on Murphleavy (which I was against in the first place and said would lead to this, I might add).

Shade
07-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Eddie Gill?

He would just play the 3...

Shade
07-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Javaris Crittenton DUH. Hes only the next coming of Dwayne Wade and God combined!

God wishes he could be Javaris Crittenton. He pats himself on the back every day for having created him, though.

Kegboy
07-16-2007, 09:14 PM
I think we have a trade (or two) in process that will net us a PG. That's why I think we're not playing the FA market very much.

That, and TPTB are being a bunch of cheap *******s because they're spending so much on Murphleavy (which I was against in the first place and said would lead to this, I might add).

You're right Shade. If we hadn't made the trade we wouldn't need another PG because we'd have Cabbage! :dance:

Shade
07-16-2007, 09:15 PM
I have the answer:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGV009-1~Nate-Robinson-Posters.jpg

Speedbag, *****es!

Shade
07-16-2007, 09:17 PM
You're right Shade. If we hadn't made the trade we wouldn't need another PG because we'd have Cabbage! :dance:

He could even step in as the starting 2 while Jack serves his suspension. :devil:

Kegboy
07-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Speedbag, *****es!

Well, he was MVP of the Summer League, so we know he's good.

JayRedd
07-16-2007, 09:18 PM
I have the answer:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGV009-1~Nate-Robinson-Posters.jpg

Speedbag, *****es!

MVP !!! MVP !!! MVP !!!

Kegboy
07-16-2007, 09:19 PM
He could even step in as the starting 2 while Jack serves his suspension. :devil:

Quick, edit your post before Hicks sees you referred to Cabbage as a 2. :uhoh:

QuickRelease
07-16-2007, 09:22 PM
T- minus how long before the infamous statement from Donnie: "We're comfortable going to camp with our guys!"?:o

Hicks
07-16-2007, 09:46 PM
I like the idea of adding Pargo or Boykins, though if it's true teams sour quickly on Boykins then no thanks.

Kegboy
07-16-2007, 11:16 PM
T- minus how long before the infamous statement from Donnie: "We're comfortable going to camp with our guys!"?:o

Put me down for Thursday.

Bball
07-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Put me down for Thursday.

Put me down for the first Monday in August. I think he'll try and wide the wave of rumors thru July, hoping to score some ticket sales with people believing rumors and getting excited.

And of course we'll continue to over-value our own players to the point that there will be few realistic deals left by August and we'll likely have lost our high stakes game of chicken.

Come August, rather than admit we wanted to trade but held out for too much, we'll spin it into the "I'm comfortable going into the season with the team we've got" spiel.

-Bball

Kegboy
07-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Promptly followed by many stories about how much Marquis's injury hurt us (but he's all better now, we think). We'll also revisit the Rush phenomenon, with eye-witness accounts of how he literally set nets on fire in Latvia. And we'll hear about how Stephen was really the better Graham at Oklahoma, but was pigeonholed as being over-the-hill for being 9 minutes older.

As for Andre, ..., uh, I got nothing.

JayRedd
07-16-2007, 11:55 PM

One Dollar, Bob.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
07-17-2007, 12:23 AM
we're not going to get a great starting PG in a JO trade because we don't want one. the only way getting a starter makes sense is if we're keeping JO. so we've got to nab prospects or backups, make our core solid and then wait for ping pong balls to drop for us.Prospects and backups are NOT the same things. Prospects good, backups bad. We have enough backups as it is, what we dont have is prospects. Brevin Knight does not scream potential to me. Neither does Tyronn Lue.

avoidingtheclowns
07-17-2007, 12:51 AM
And when did you start making sense all the time...?

Didn't want to be a broken record... actually i was totally unaware that i was making sense... it obviously effervesces from me from time to time without my knowledge. many apologies.

Prospects and backups are NOT the same things. Prospects good, backups bad. We have enough backups as it is, what we dont have is prospects. Brevin Knight does not scream potential to me. Neither does Tyronn Lue.

my point is we won't be getting a clear cut starter back like you're hoping for. which would make backups and prospects the same in that they're not what you want.

CableKC
07-17-2007, 01:43 AM
Prospects and backups are NOT the same things. Prospects good, backups bad. We have enough backups as it is, what we dont have is prospects. Brevin Knight does not scream potential to me. Neither does Tyronn Lue.
I don't think that we are going to get the prospect that you hope for without giving up something major...like trading Granger or Ike. At best....we can hope to move Foster for some Guard prospect....but I don't think that we can get someone that good. On top of that....with Tinsley's long-term contract....what's the point of getting and developing prospect if the "7 mil a year starting PG" isn't going anywhere?

I know it's blasphemy to say it here in PD......but, personally....if we don't move JONeal....I wouldn't mind looking for the best "Starting PG and best SG young prospect" package that we can get for Tinsley and Granger.

Naptown_Seth
07-17-2007, 02:06 AM
I agree totally. I love what Knight could bring, but I don't think he fits where JOB would like to go. And for all my worrying about JOBs system, I most want to see it get the best shot at working so that I can see some winning Pacers basketball.

Better that than TPTB undermining him with a roster poorly matched to his basketball strategies (more than it already is of course).

SoupIsGood
07-17-2007, 02:08 AM
Not contacting Brevin Knight doesn't exactly break my heart.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
07-17-2007, 02:20 AM
Didn't want to be a broken record... actually i was totally unaware that i was making sense... it obviously effervesces from me from time to time without my knowledge. many apologies.

my point is we won't be getting a clear cut starter back like you're hoping for. which would make backups and prospects the same in that they're not what you want.

I don't think that we are going to get the prospect that you hope for without giving up something major...like trading Granger or Ike. At best....we can hope to move Foster for some Guard prospect....but I don't think that we can get someone that good. On top of that....with Tinsley's long-term contract....what's the point of getting and developing prospect if the "7 mil a year starting PG" isn't going anywhere?

I know it's blasphemy to say it here in PD......but, personally....if we don't move JONeal....I wouldn't mind looking for the best "Starting PG and best SG young prospect" package that we can get for Tinsley and Granger.I dont think I got my point across clearly. My opinion is we have all the potential talent in the frontcourt: Ike, Danny, and Shawn. Clearly our next step is to get a good PG (or SG) prospect to go along with them, most likely through trading JO. Signing Brevin Knight is not the move Im looking for. He would just add to the plethora of permanent back-up type PGs weve had over the last couple seasons. Yes Im saying I dont think Tinsley is a starting-caliber PG.

CableKC
07-17-2007, 02:41 AM
I dont think I got my point across clearly. My opinion is we have all the potential talent in the frontcourt: Ike, Danny, and Shawn. Clearly our next step is to get a good PG (or SG) prospect to go along with them, most likely through trading JO. Signing Brevin Knight is not the move Im looking for. He would just add to the plethora of permanent back-up type PGs weve had over the last couple seasons. Yes Im saying I dont think Tinsley is a starting-caliber PG.
I agree as well....but unless Tinsley is moved the season after this new "prospect" is acquired through some major trade.....I think that including Tinsley in the PG rotation will only hinder the development of whatever PG Prospect that we get.

BTW.....if we did somehow get Crittenton....I would stil shop Tinsley+Granger for the best Guard package that we can get.

Haggard
07-17-2007, 06:30 AM
I would approach Stevie Francis and offer the veterans min... Having just walked away from Portland with $30 odd mil he's probably just looking to play.

Slick Pinkham
07-17-2007, 10:43 AM
I would approach Stevie Francis and offer the veterans min... Having just walked away from Portland with $30 odd mil he's probably just looking to play.

methinks that if given the choice he would much rather play on South Beach, for Pat Riley, with Shaq and Wade, and a sore-kneed Jay-Will as the only person to share significant minutes with.

I doubt he has a burning desire to relocate to Indy

avoidingtheclowns
07-17-2007, 10:46 AM
methinks that if given the choice he would much rather play on South Beach, for Pat Riley, with Shaq and Wade, and a sore-kneed Jay-Will as the only person to share significant minutes with.

I doubt he has a burning desire to relocate to Indy

basically... he's going to go play for a championship if he is going to play for the vets min. or he'll go to LAC to play with Mobley. so miami, dallas, phoenix, denver, houston would probably be on his hit list. but he's not coming to indiana. he was only coming here in a trade and would probably have asked for a buyout then too.

JayRedd
07-17-2007, 10:49 AM
but he's not coming to indiana. he was only coming here in a trade and would probably have asked for a buyout then too.

Agreed. And since he's not very good anyway, it's a win-win for both us and him.

wintermute
07-18-2007, 04:38 AM
mike updated his blog later. i'm not sure if anyone else caught this

Update 7/16/07:

--Jannero Pargo’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Monday that the Pacers have contacted him about his client. Bartelstein didn’t say where the Pacers are on the list of teams interested in Pargo. He averaged 9.2 points and 2.5 assists last season with the Hornets.

--Bartelstein also said the Pacers have asked about center Jake Voskuhl. Voskuhl averaged about 4.4 points and 3.5 rebounds with the Charlotte Bobcats last season.

voskuhl? really? can he shoot the 3? :p

Speed
07-18-2007, 08:43 AM
mike updated his blog later. i'm not sure if anyone else caught this

voskuhl? really? can he shoot the 3? :p

Very nice catch!!

I have to stop getting excited about Obie, but man everytime I read a quote form him it's like the Pacers finally have a rudder.

Too, I really have no idea about Pargo. I like to think I know even a little about the most obscure players, but wow I completely know nothing about him just his stats and really pretty good 3 pt percentage last year. Can he guard quick guards at all? Who is he comparable to?

Anyway this may already be posted, but here...

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070718/SPORTS04/707180467/1088/SPORTS04

Indiana Pacers coach Jim O'Brien left the Orlando summer league last week with a good feeling about the players he expects to be on the roster next season.
<!-- PHOTO & FACTBOX --><!-- ARTICLE SIDEBAR --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=210 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=5>http://www.indystar.com/graphics/clear.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD><!--MAIN PHOTO--><!--MAIN FACTS BOX--></TD><TD width=10>http://www.indystar.com/graphics/clear.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- REMAINING TEXT -->
Shooting guard Kareem Rush shot exceptionally well from long distance.
Small forward Shawne Williams continues to mature physically and mentally.
Andre Owens, a combination guard attempting to make the transition to pure point guard, had "five strong days," according to O'Brien.
Small forward Stephen Graham played solid defense.
"The games, along with the practices we had before going to Florida, were good for the guys that will be coming back," O'Brien said. "They got a chance to get a jump on the defensive stuff and some of the nuances we will be using when training camp starts (in October)."
Rush, who played in only two games, should help a Pacers team that finished 30th in the league in field goal percentage last season. He averaged a team-high 18 points and made 8-of-10 of his 3-point attempts.
"He was really confident and difficult for teams to stop," O'Brien said. "We were very pleased to see him do exactly what we signed him for."
Williams followed Rush with 14.5 points a game, with Graham and Owens adding 13.6 and 12.0.
O'Brien said small forward Kasib Powell also stood out but likely won't be at training camp because of a logjam at his position.
Summer league marked the end of official practices for the Pacers until camp, but O'Brien said players will work out at Conseco Fieldhouse or their offseason homes. Mike Dunleavy and Ike Diogu recently worked out at the Fieldhouse.
Team officials continue to try to acquire another point guard.
The market has dwindled in the past week. Among the free agents still available are Brevin Knight, Steve Francis, Earl Boykins, Jannero Pargo and Keith McLeod. The Pacers have had conversations with the agents for Pargo and McLeod. Starter Jamaal Tinsley is the only true point guard on the roster.
"I'm not going to put words into (president Larry Bird's) mouth, but he's constantly trying to put the best basketball team on the court," O'Brien said. "If that involves signing a free agent, we'll do it. If it involves a trade, we will do that. But his job and my job are to make sure we try to improve the Indiana Pacers and the personnel we have."
<!-- TRAILER -->

blanket
07-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Very nice catch!!

I have to stop getting excited about Obie, but man everytime I read a quote form him it's like the Pacers finally have a rudder.

Too, I really have no idea about Pargo. I like to think I know even a little about the most obscure players, but wow I completely know nothing about him just his stats and really pretty good 3 pt percentage last year. Can he guard quick guards at all? Who is he comparable to?

Anyway this may already be posted, but here...

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070718/SPORTS04/707180467/1088/SPORTS04

Indiana Pacers coach Jim O'Brien left the Orlando summer league last week with a good feeling about the players he expects to be on the roster next season.
<!-- PHOTO & FACTBOX --><!-- ARTICLE SIDEBAR --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=210 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=5>http://www.indystar.com/graphics/clear.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD><!--MAIN PHOTO--><!--MAIN FACTS BOX--></TD><TD width=10>http://www.indystar.com/graphics/clear.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- REMAINING TEXT -->
Shooting guard Kareem Rush shot exceptionally well from long distance.
Small forward Shawne Williams continues to mature physically and mentally.
Andre Owens, a combination guard attempting to make the transition to pure point guard, had "five strong days," according to O'Brien.
Small forward Stephen Graham played solid defense.
"The games, along with the practices we had before going to Florida, were good for the guys that will be coming back," O'Brien said. "They got a chance to get a jump on the defensive stuff and some of the nuances we will be using when training camp starts (in October)."
Rush, who played in only two games, should help a Pacers team that finished 30th in the league in field goal percentage last season. He averaged a team-high 18 points and made 8-of-10 of his 3-point attempts.
"He was really confident and difficult for teams to stop," O'Brien said. "We were very pleased to see him do exactly what we signed him for."
Williams followed Rush with 14.5 points a game, with Graham and Owens adding 13.6 and 12.0.
O'Brien said small forward Kasib Powell also stood out but likely won't be at training camp because of a logjam at his position.
Summer league marked the end of official practices for the Pacers until camp, but O'Brien said players will work out at Conseco Fieldhouse or their offseason homes. Mike Dunleavy and Ike Diogu recently worked out at the Fieldhouse.
Team officials continue to try to acquire another point guard.
The market has dwindled in the past week. Among the free agents still available are Brevin Knight, Steve Francis, Earl Boykins, Jannero Pargo and Keith McLeod. The Pacers have had conversations with the agents for Pargo and McLeod. Starter Jamaal Tinsley is the only true point guard on the roster.
"I'm not going to put words into (president Larry Bird's) mouth, but he's constantly trying to put the best basketball team on the court," O'Brien said. "If that involves signing a free agent, we'll do it. If it involves a trade, we will do that. But his job and my job are to make sure we try to improve the Indiana Pacers and the personnel we have."
<!-- TRAILER -->

I wanted us to pick up Pargo when he was a FA last summer, so I'd definitely be interested in him this year. Not sure which would be better in Obbie's system, though -- Pargo or McLeod. All I know is I hope they're considering Pargo or McLeod for 3rd string PG and not 2nd.

Young
07-18-2007, 04:06 PM
I'd love to have Keith back but i think that Pargo might be better for OB just because he is the better shooter.

Pargo played real good for the Hornets last year. I think he can hold his own on defense. His shooting would be great for us. I think he is really underratted and is a better shooter than people give him credit for. Hopefully we can get him.

Voskhul is someone I don't mind. Only if we get rid of Jeff though. I think that Jake can do the dirty work for a few minutes. Not nearly as good as Jeff but for a third string center he isn't really to bad.

RWB
07-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Voskhul is someone I don't mind. Only if we get rid of Jeff though. I think that Jake can do the dirty work for a few minutes. Not nearly as good as Jeff but for a third string center he isn't really to bad.

Or could the David Harrison experience be over? Good bye our party friend. :buddies:

SoupIsGood
07-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Or could the David Harrison experience be over? Good bye our party friend. :buddies:

:SIDDaLIETYST:

(SoupIsGood dies a little inside each time you say that.)