PDA

View Full Version : Javaris Rated HIGHER than Mike Conley Jr. Last Year, #1 PG overall By Rivals Look:

AndrewBynum17
07-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Wow another great reason to get rid of JO for Bynum and Crittenton, plus extra

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1012

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=12864&Sport=2

Kstat
07-15-2007, 11:03 PM
WOW! He was the highest rated prospect??

http://www.nbadraft.net/2003prospects.htm

Darko Milicic 7-0 245 SF/PF (Yugoslavia) 1985 Could actually challenge LeBron for the top pick in the draft. He's that good. Unlike James, he has proven himself against top level competition. There are 2 franchise type talents in this draft. Milicic has as much potential as any European player ever and will likely have no trouble adapting to the NBA.

...and somewhere way, way down here...oh, here he is, right after Reece Gaines...

Dwyane Wade 6-4 200 SG Marquette Jr. Very active and athletic player who seems to play at another speed. His quickness and decision making are excellent, and he has great desire. His size is a detriment, but his athleticism and long arms help make up for it.

...and him. Buried behind David Harrison, Mario Austin and Ronald Blackshear, among others....

Boris Diaw 6-8 201 SF Pau Orthez (France) 1982 European scouts rave about his athletic ability. He has the total package with skills, and physical ability. He just lacks the aggressiveness and toughness to put it all together.

....and at the very BOTTOM of the list, there's this guy....

Leandro Barbosa 6-3 PG (Brazil) 1982 There seems to be a stigma against International guards. Maybe because the fundamentals are more important for a guard and international players, particularly South Americans tend to be less fundamentally sound. However, Barbosa has a lot of International experience and has impressed many with his athleticism and quickness. The biggest knock against him is his shooting ability.

BlueNGold
07-15-2007, 11:06 PM
WOW! He was the highest rated prospect??

http://www.nbadraft.net/2003prospects.htm

:laugh:

Whoever wrote that should lose their job.

AndrewBynum17
07-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Man just look at that. I would trade JO for Javaris And Bynum in a heartbeat.

Let's do this Walsh & Bird!!

LG33
07-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Why are they trying to sell this guy to us? What's wrong with him?

Shade
07-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Conley > Crittenton

The end.

AndrewBynum17
07-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Why are they trying to sell this guy to us? What's wrong with him?

no i don't think they want to give up odom that's all.

Smashed_Potato
07-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Conley > Crittenton

The end.

Their about the same. Javaris is more explosiveness when it comes to scoring.

Kegboy
07-15-2007, 11:33 PM
CPKs > Fakers

beast23
07-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Their about the same. Javaris is more explosiveness when it comes to scoring.No, if you want somebody to run your team by facilitating the other players on the floor, from what I've seen Conley is by far the best in this seasons draft.

Shade
07-15-2007, 11:43 PM

No, they're not the same. It's not even close, actually.

Conley >>> Crittenton

Y2J
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Javaris ended up with a better career than Conley. He's much bigger, as good a passer, and a much better shooter. He just needs to play more under control.

NBA.com Play of the Day....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kMzccvUve2g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kMzccvUve2g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The Laker fans aren't overhyping Javaris any more than Kstat overhyped Delfino and Amir Johnson or we overhype Shawne.

rexnom
Wait, wait. Are you joking? You are kidding, right?

Smashed_Potato
07-15-2007, 11:49 PM
No. they basically have the same talent. Conley is more better when it comes to speed. but Javaris is more explosive has more atheletism ..etc.

Kegboy
07-15-2007, 11:51 PM
If Crit's better than Conley and Bynum's the second coming of Wilt, why won't you people just start measuring your ring sizes and leave us alone!

Kstat
07-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Wait, wait. Are you joking? You are kidding, right?

Crit/Conley is more offensive to you than Crit/Wade?

Smashed_Potato
07-15-2007, 11:53 PM
If Crit's better than Conley and Bynum's the second coming of Wilt, why won't you people just start measuring your ring sizes and leave us alone!

Have you been paying attention at all? we can't wait for these guys to develop. we're not in a position to wait. fans have been emailing the Lakers office every damn day to make sure they get something done.

Kstat
07-15-2007, 11:54 PM
Have you been paying attention at all? we can't wait for these guys to develop. we're not in a position to wait. fans have been emailing the Lakers office every damn day to make sure they get something done.

You don't get it, do you?

If Crit and Bynam are that good, you're better off trading Kobe.

Only an idiot would deal away two future hall of famers for the sake of holding on to one...

Anthem
07-15-2007, 11:54 PM
Great gravy, would you people go away.

Kegboy is right, you're worse than the Cabbage Patch Kids.

I'm glad Crittendon is so amazing... he'll help Kobe win that championship!

Kegboy
07-15-2007, 11:56 PM

And driving us nuts is going to do, what, exactly? Larry Bird is not reading this thread. Neither is Donnie Walsh, or David Morway.

The deal is dead. All you people coming over here and insulting our intelligence isn't going to change that.

Smashed_Potato
07-15-2007, 11:57 PM
You don't get it, do you?

If Crit and Bynam are that good, you're better off trading Kobe.

No because if Kobe is traded then their will be a fire riot next to Staples Center.

Bynum and Critt have star potential espeically Bynum but we can't afford to wait for them to contribute in a big way. Kobe is 29 years old and I'm sure you know this by now.

Kstat
07-15-2007, 11:59 PM
No because if Kobe is traded then their will be a fire riot next to Staples Center.

There's going to be a fire riot if you win the championship too. What's your point?

Bynum and Critt have star potential espeically Bynum but we can't afford to wait for them to contribute in a big way. Kobe is 29 years old and I'm sure you know this by now.

yeah....the guy that can't lead his team out of a wet paper bag. great reason for letting go of two guys you say are future HOFers.

Smashed_Potato
07-15-2007, 11:59 PM
And driving us nuts is going to do, what, exactly? Larry Bird is not reading this thread. Neither is Donnie Walsh, or David Morway.

The deal is dead. All you people coming over here and insulting our intelligence isn't going to change that.

I have no idea were this conclusion is coming from. no one is driving you nuts at least not to my estimation. just that you think just because Bynum and Critt are so good we should wait for them while Kobe's prime goes down the drain or wait it already did?

Anthem
07-16-2007, 12:00 AM

We don't care. It's not our problem that you're wasting Kobe's best years by refusing to put a quality team around him.

Go away.

Smashed_Potato
07-16-2007, 12:04 AM
There's going to be a fire riot if you win the championship too. What's your point?

Really? so you think throwing fire sticks next to Staples Center and then protesting is a celebration? its way different then celebrating a NBA Championship instead of Laker flags their will be Death flags waiting in the wing for Good ol Kupchak.

yeah....the guy that can't lead his team out of a wet paper bag. great reason for letting go of two guys you say are future HOFers.

Why are you putting words in my mouth i beg to differ. Critt to me has a potential to be all-star calibre player. Bynum is a all-star potential to me.

Smashed_Potato
07-16-2007, 12:09 AM
We don't care. It's not our problem that you're wasting Kobe's best years by refusing to put a quality team around him.

Go away.

Never said it was your problem. only reason i bought it up was to prove a point in Kegboy's post that just because both Critt and Bynum have good potential we should keep them.

Kstat
07-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Really? so you think throwing fire sticks next to Staples Center and then protesting is a celebration? its way different then celebrating a NBA Championship instead of Laker flags their will be Death flags waiting in the wing for Good ol Kupchak.

Actually, that would probably be the best thing that's happened to the Lakers in a long time.....

Why are you putting words in my mouth i beg to differ. Critt to me has a potential to be all-star calibre player. Bynum is a all-star potential to me.

all potential means is "**** you haven't done yet.'

Potential is meaningless.

SoupIsGood
07-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Can we merge all this Laker silliness into one thread? We don't need more than one thread about how Critt is the GOAT.

Smashed_Potato
07-16-2007, 12:14 AM
Okay.. Kstat why not go, have a sit down with Donnie Walsh i assure you what hes gonna tell you about Bynum. heck this isn't even about Javaris It's about Bynum and Donnie is VERY high on Bynum.

SoupIsGood
07-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Okay.. Kstat why not go, have a sit down with Donnie Walsh i assure you what hes gonna tell you about Bynum. heck this isn't even about Javaris It's about Bynum and Donnie is VERY high on Bynum.

Hey may be VERY high on Bynum, but he aslo is not VERY high on crack, which means you ain't getting JO unless you include Odom.

Kegboy
07-16-2007, 12:18 AM

Why don't you go sit down with him instead and convince him to make the trade. Because banging your head against the wall here ain't gonna do ****.

GrangerRanger
07-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Man seriously, use periods and puncuation marks every so often.

Also, does there need to be so many threads over someone that will probably average at best 15 points a game? Please, mod, admin, someone lock some of these threads.

Btw: KStat, your looking at the elavation of a player 4 years ago before they showed what they could do in the NBA. Travis Deiner was actually alittle better then D wade at Marquette ( in my opion) so he was put at 17. He wasn't expected to be in the top 3 to 4 picks of the draft that year, it was considered a steal.

That was also a fair assessment of Darko at the time. We thought he might be the next Sabonis.

If you remember right, Boris Diaw didn't do anything at all when he played with the Hawks, so, thats also down the drain. Same with the Brazilian, he didn't make a huge bang when he first came into the league.

That guy that wrote that was actually pretty smart and yes, he should and probably still retains his job. Remember this written before they were stars today.

Lord Helmet
07-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Name one source where Donnie has said that.

Smashed_Potato
07-16-2007, 12:25 AM
Lord Helmet... Donnie said Bynum at 24 is gonna be massive and shared that he can be as good as Kareem someone can provide a link I'm sure.

Pacers#1Fan
07-16-2007, 12:27 AM
everyone is making a pretty big fuss over a guy that is probably never going to be on this team. honestly, how long has it been since we've heard anything new on this deal. stop getting your hopes up and see how things turn out.

SparkyPacer
07-16-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm not sure about the whole Crit thing, but I will agree that Bynum is very high on Donnie's list I think there's been several posted articles about it actually.

GrangerRanger
07-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Lord Helmet... Donnie said Bynum at 24 is gonna be massive and shared that he can be as good as Kareem someone can provide a link I'm sure.

Pretty sure Bynum is 20 years old. Wtf?

Lord Helmet
07-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Please find the link.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Anthem
07-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Nope, there is a quote somewhere about Donnie saying Bynum's going to be a good player.

But Jermaine's a good player now.

Lord Helmet
07-16-2007, 12:36 AM
Nope, there is a quote somewhere about Donnie saying Bynum's going to be a good player.

But Jermaine's a good player now.
Yeah, even if there is, it doesn't really mean much.

Kegboy
07-16-2007, 12:37 AM
If Donnie believed Bynum will be as good as Kareem, he would have made the deal already. We've been burned by potential one too many times to give up our franchise player, as flawed as he is, for a maybe.

If you Laker fans really believe he and Crit will be that good, then you need to suck it up and trade Kobe. You'll get a lot for him. And yes, there will be riots, but that's not unheard of in LA, and yes, Staples will be burned down, but it's really quite an ugly building anyway. Your team can go play at the Forum for a couple years, then move into a new arena just in time to win all those championships, and everybody will forget all about that MJ wannabe who never could get it done without Shaq, anyway.

PR07
07-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Conley is a much better PG right now, and it isn't that close. Javaris has the ability to be better in the future possibly, but right now, all he can do is score (and I'm not sure how well...given it was summer league). Conley is a leader and makes his teamates better. Javaris has not shown he can do that. Frankly, his assist to turnover ratio at GT wasn't very good, and it takes more in the NBA to become a great PG than simply scoring...just ask Steve Francis.

Y2J
07-16-2007, 12:54 AM
http://www.benmaller.com/archives/2006/november/27#122914

Some scouts are stunned by Andrew Bynum's development. The most effusive testimony came from Pacers GM Donnie Walsh: "That kid is working out with Kareem, and I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into Kareem," the Pacers president said. "I'm not kidding. I can't imagine what he'll be like at 23. He's massive." (http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/116461015712480.xml&coll=1&thispage=2) Added a scout from the Western Conference: "I don't care what anyone says. He's the most improved player in the league. If you've seen him both years, you know it. The Lakers can't say this, but the best thing that happened to them was those two injuries to Kwame and Mihm. No disrespect to those guys, but it's helped the Lakers find a future star."

I think the Pacers have reached the point where they must either gamble or be stuck in mediocrity for the next 5-10 years. They were at a similar point after the 2000 Finals and pulled off the Dale for Jermaine deal.

I think Bynum's upside is much higher than Jermaine's. For all he's given us, J.O. has never been a great offensive player or a great rebounder. Bynum has the tools to be both, as well as being a blocked shots leader.

I think you all are really underrating Bynums potential here. It's very conceivable that, had he went to UCONN, Bynum would've went #1 in last years draft or #3 in this years draft. NBA GM's lust over the kid, and with his size, athleticism, skill-set, and work ethic, it's not hard to see why.

Arcadian
07-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Can we merge all this Laker silliness into one thread? We don't need more than one thread about how Critt is the GOAT.

Yeah, we need to merge these. I'm low maintence but every Laker fan coming here posts a thread every other day about Bynum and now Crit.

Except for Uncle Buck who got Dainels we don't have any pull with Donnie or Bird. We aren't even sure who makes trades anymore. I'd suggest E-mailing Donnie or Bird or Burke about what a sweet deal is being passing up. PMing Uncle Buck might help, too.

Kegboy
07-16-2007, 01:04 AM
:laugh:

PR07
07-16-2007, 01:06 AM
Sorry Donnie, but being massive at the age of 23 doesn't mean you're destined for stardom. Just ask Jahidi White....

AndrewBynum17
07-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Bynum is a all-star potential to me.

LOL you're wrong, but in a GOOD way bro. Bynum is a SUPERSTAR/HOF Potential.

I would take bynum over kobe anyday, and so would anybody who has half a brain.

grace
07-16-2007, 01:09 AM
NOTE TO ALL LAKER FANS:

If you think posting on PD will actually get a trade done I suggest you call the Pacers ticket office and ask for Eddie Bird (make sure its EDDIE, not LARRY). I'm sure he'll move you to the front of the long line of teams just salivating to get what the Pacers have to offer.

JayRedd
07-16-2007, 01:13 AM
Man seriously, use periods and puncuation marks every so often.

Please. Or better yet, just leave. You guys realize we're not involved in the Pacer front office right? We need zero more insight into your opinions about a player who will be spending his rookie year firmly planted on the bench because Phil won't play him.

We understand your views. This is how we live our life now. Please, let's just move on.

Travis Deiner was actually a little better then D wade at Marquette ( in my opion) so he was put at 17.

That is just not correct, regardless of personal opinion. He was a unanimous 1st Team All American.

AndrewBynum17
07-16-2007, 01:15 AM
championships, and everybody will forget all about that MJ wannabe who never could get it done without Shaq, anyway.

lol speaking of that everyone go to www.kobevsjordan.bravehost.com

or watch bruceblitz videos on youtube. LOL

dumb kobe fans.

rexnom
07-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Crit/Conley is more offensive to you than Crit/Wade?
No...I never saw the Crit=Wade thing except for in passing and I really thought that that was a joke.

I ignored some of these Crit threads but man...this is getting ridiculous. Entertaining...but still ridiculous.

AndrewBynum17
07-16-2007, 01:43 AM
Oh yeah Javaris is not a HOF caliber player but Bynum definitely is, I have been saying all along we should get bynum at all costs. Obviously Crittenton i think can be a better player than Odom, that's why it might be a good trade.

Anthem
07-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Any chance this could get merged into the official thread?

avoidingtheclowns
07-16-2007, 11:26 AM
any chance this idea may have worked better as a PM to the Mods than posting on each thread?

Gyron
07-16-2007, 12:17 PM
any chance this idea may have worked better as a PM to the Mods than posting on each thread?

Any chance it would have been funny to all of us if he had gone that route?:D

Now we can pick on him unmercifully about combining threads.

I think I'll ask the mods if they can merge it into "Ignore this thread":devil:

Shade
07-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Jamaal Tinsley played better in his rookie season than Javaris Crittenton has in summer league.

Robobtowncolt
07-16-2007, 12:38 PM
I picked a heck of a 5 mintues to stop drinking.

LG33
07-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Jamaal Tinsley played better in his rookie season than Javaris Crittenton has in summer league.

That's an unfair comparison. I mean, you wouldn't compare Shawne Williams to Michael Jordan before his first game now would you.

I picked a heck of a 5 mintues to stop drinking.

I vote for a temporary ban on all Airplane! references.

Anthem
07-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Well, that's one idea.

But I'm trying to reinforce to our valued new members that it's really getting annoying.

Besides, plenty of things have been posted in all three Laker threads, not just my 1-line request.

Robobtowncolt
07-16-2007, 12:58 PM
That's an unfair comparison. I mean, you wouldn't compare Shawne Williams to Michael Jordan before his first game now would you.

I vote for a temporary ban on all Airplane! references.

Who was referencing Airplane? People picked times to stop drinking before that movie came out. And I just so happened to pick 12:36pm.

Kegboy
07-16-2007, 01:00 PM
We'll stop the Airplane! references when we get a big man coach, since that's how it all started.

Pacers#1Fan
07-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Is it just me or do others cringe when they hear the words "potential" and "Pacers" in the same sentence. We've had several of those "potential" players. Jonathan Bender to name one. No doubt both Javaris and Bynum should have respectable careers but the word potential still scares me.

Hicks
07-16-2007, 02:17 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=32529