PDA

View Full Version : Javaris: 28 points / 3 rebounds / 3 assists

Smashed_Potato
07-14-2007, 08:41 PM
He had 22 points in the 2nd half. hes a star in the making. yeah yeah its the summer league blah blah but the way he plays just makes your jaw drop. hes gonna be very good but I'm not sure if the Lakers can wait on him which makes a big deal possible involving Javaris.

Moses
07-14-2007, 08:44 PM
You know, Bo Outlaw once scored 50 points in summer league.

Hell, I could probably drop 15 and 5.

Kstat
07-14-2007, 08:44 PM
yep, he abused the holy hell out of two guys (Ibrahim Jabeer/Walker Russell jr) that will be serving you fries at a McDonald's near you...

Of course, when Stuckey re-entered the game, Crittenton wasn't dominating anymore...

And yeah, the Lakers lost. There is that OTHER little detail.

Kstat
07-14-2007, 08:47 PM
He had 22 points in the 2nd half. hes a star in the making. yeah yeah its the summer league blah blah but the way he plays just makes your jaw drop. hes gonna be very good but I'm not sure if the Lakers can wait on him which makes a big deal possible involving Javaris.

Can you point out to me which play in that game "made your jaw drop?"

I recall three straight possessions where Jordan Farmar stole the ball from one of our E-league guards and spoon-fed Crittenton for an easy layup..

Crittenton did a lot of effortless driving by guys that won't make an NBDL roster, and he got hot from the outside, which is a rare occurrence.

I just didn't see anything that made me sit back in awe.

Smashed_Potato
07-14-2007, 08:50 PM
yep, he abused the holy hell out of two guys (Ibrahim Jabeer/Walker Russell jr) that will be serving you fries at a McDonald's near you...

Of course, when Stuckey re-entered the game, Crittenton wasn't dominating anymore...

And yeah, the Lakers lost.

Wipe the hate. its actually sad that you bring up the fact that the Lakers lost in a summer league game its about performances and you always want to make excuses when a player plays good.

give credit were its due.

Kstat
07-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Wipe the hate. its actually sad that you bring up the fact that the Lakers lost in a summer league game its about performances and you always want to make excuses when a player plays good.

give credit were its due.

I did give credit.

Crittenton proved that he is heads and shoulders above Walker D Russell jr and Ibrahim Jabeer. They do not belong on the same floor as him.

As for you, you can't start WHOLE THREAD about someone dropping 28 in a meager summer league game, and then turn around and complain when someone else mentions the fact he DIDNT EVEN WIN.

You're right. It's not about the fact LA never had a lead the entire game, it's about Javaris Crittenton schooling some fast food superstars. This was truly deserving of its own thread.

Smashed_Potato
07-14-2007, 08:55 PM
I did give credit.

Crittenton proved that he is heads and shoulders above Walker D Russell jr and Ibrahim Jabeer. They do not belong on the same floor as him.

So stating that Javaris is better then Walker and Jabeer is giving credit? thats a big slap on the face.

Kstat
07-14-2007, 08:58 PM
So stating that Javaris is better then Walker and Jabeer is giving credit? thats a big slap on the face.

So is going ape**** over a 28-point game in summer league.

A 28 points made especially unimportant given that Rodney Stuckey (an actual NBA player) had Crittenton in his hip pocket until we emptied the bench in the 3rd, and LA kept their starters in.

Amir Johnson put on his own personal slam dunk contest today. Had he been doing this against someone other than Jabari Smith and Jeff Graves, I might even have cared...

Sammy Mejia shot %70 from the floor and had 18 points and 7 rebounds. Totally outclassed every other SF he played against.

And this is a guy that may not even be on our NBDL roster...

Kstat
07-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Tell you what: If Crittenton drops 28 points in a regular season game, you can start a whole list of threads here about it, and I won't mock it at all. Scout's honor.

Smashed_Potato
07-14-2007, 09:03 PM
So is going ape**** over a 28-point game in summer league.

A 28 points made especially unimportant given that Rodney Stuckey (an actual NBA player) had Crittenton in his hip pocket until we emptied the bench in the 3rd.

So Stuckey is a actual NBA player but Javaris isn't? so that tells me that Stuckey has convinced YOU in a summer-league game that you proclaim is a world of non-sense when it comes to big performances? get a grip.

Tom White
07-14-2007, 09:03 PM
This really is better than anything on TV.

:lurk:

Kstat
07-14-2007, 09:08 PM
So Stuckey is a actual NBA player but Javaris isn't? so that tells me that Stuckey has convinced YOU in a summer-league game that you proclaim is a world of non-sense when it comes to big performances? get a grip.

No, if you read carefully, you'd see I was saying Jabeer and Walker weren't NBA players, and that's who Crittenton "schooled" today.

Have I ever said Crittenton wasn't an NBA player? Of course not.

I'm simply poking fun at yet another discussion dedicated to the "jaw-dropping" greatness that is Javaris Crittenton. The next Wade.

Or maybe Wade was the first Crittenton. I'm not sure.

Smashed_Potato
07-14-2007, 09:18 PM
No, if you read carefully, you'd see I was saying Jabeer and Walker weren't NBA players, and that's who Crittenton "schooled" today.

I'm simply poking fun at yet another discussion dedicated to the "jaw-dropping" greatness that is Javaris Crittenton. The next Wade.

You have no idea what your talking about do you? no one has said hes the next D-Wade at least i haven't. you need to show appreciation no matter were the competition is... if its in a playground or on a video game you still give credit.

I have given players credit this summer are you/were you? or have you been downing every player that has shown a little bit of everything?

BlueNGold
07-14-2007, 09:21 PM

Admit it. Everytime you think of Wade you think of Darko. :laugh:

Kstat
07-14-2007, 09:28 PM
you need to show appreciation no matter were the competition is... if its in a playground or on a video game you still give credit.

:lmao:

I have given players credit this summer are you/were you? or have you been downing every player that has shown a little bit of everything?

No. I refuse to give a player anything more than a "he will make the NBA" or "he won't make the NBA" rating for a summer league performance. I don't care if someone drops 100.

You don't find out who can play in summer league. You can only find out who can't.

Kstat
07-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Admit it. Everytime you think of Wade you think of Darko. :laugh:

did you see who we drafted with the pick we got for Darko? :laugh:

http://nbadraft.net/admincp/library/players/small/rodney-stuckey-hd.jpg

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/headshots/dwyane-wade-hd.jpg

BlueNGold
07-14-2007, 09:36 PM
did you see who we drafted with the pick we got for Darko? :laugh:

http://nbadraft.net/admincp/library/players/small/rodney-stuckey-hd.jpg

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/headshots/dwyane-wade-hd.jpg

That is pretty spooky.

BTW, I work in a building near a relative of Larry Bird. The guy is a paper pusher...but definitely resembles Bird. :laugh:

SoupIsGood
07-14-2007, 09:41 PM
I hope the Lakers get really overexcited about this guy and give us Farmar.

ajbry
07-14-2007, 09:54 PM
You don't find out who can play in summer league. You can only find out who can't.

Exactly. The only reason why the summer league garners so much credence is because there ain't any other basketball going on. It's fun to judge these scrubs' performances, apparently.

avoidingtheclowns
07-14-2007, 10:29 PM
This really is better than anything on TV.

lol indeed

thank god we don't have any rookies to be optimistic about... wait... crap

diamonddave00
07-15-2007, 12:53 AM
Personally I'd want Javaris Crittenden before Jordan Farmar. He's bigger , a better defender and can play both guard spots.

On the Pacers he could be brought along slowly 15 minutes a night , time to develop his game , to me he's prob 2 years away from 24-27 minutes a night on a steady basis.

If the Lakers think he's ready for big minutes this season they are fooling themselves. They'd be better off letting Fisher play 28 minutes a night and Farmar 20.

Shade
07-15-2007, 01:59 AM
Javaris Crittenton will not end up being anything special. Please stop trying to sell us on him.

Smashed_Potato
07-15-2007, 02:17 AM
I don't want to see Critt go so this isn't exactly selling it to the PD forum. i wanna see Farmar go.

Shade
07-15-2007, 02:18 AM
I don't want to see Critt go so this isn't exactly selling it to the PD forum. i wanna see Farmar go.

I don't want either one of them.

carpediem024
07-15-2007, 02:26 AM
Hey, I say he's the next Wade! :D

Young
07-15-2007, 02:33 AM
JC has a lot of talent, he could be a nice player.

But he is still raw. I think that once he gets a solid understanding of the Triangle he will be very dangerous. I think Phil Jackson will use him a lot at the 2 in Triangle. I think he could do some damage there.

Dropping 28 points in a summer league game is nice, but to me nothing to get excited about. JMO.

Smashed_Potato
07-15-2007, 02:45 AM
I don't want either one of them.

How bout some beer? ;)

Fireball Kid
07-15-2007, 03:20 AM
show appreciation no matter were the competition is... if its in a playground or on a video game you still give credit.

Wow.

Eindar
07-15-2007, 03:51 AM
Tony Delk dropped 50 in a summer league game once, and it's obviously been a fine indicator of his performance.

For that matter, Anthony Johnson dropped 40 in a playoff game.....

Hicks
07-15-2007, 04:02 AM
I thought Delk's 50 came in a regular season game?

SoupIsGood
07-15-2007, 05:35 AM
Yeah it did. Or, maybe he did it in both SL and the reg season.

And Tony Delk wasn't exactly a bad player.

Eindar
07-15-2007, 06:12 AM
My mistake. I guess that only reinforces my point, however.

One game does not a player make.

Mourning
07-15-2007, 06:29 AM
Laker and Piston fans argueing (sp?) on a Pacersfanboard.... can't get much better ! :D:D:D

bulldog
07-15-2007, 08:43 AM

Yes, but the regular season is no indicator of how a player will perform in the playoffs. You can't tell anything from the regular season, except maybe which players won't make it on the playoff roster. You know, Greg Ostertag once dominated Tim Duncan in a regular season game.

Kstat
07-15-2007, 11:04 AM

53, actually.

Kstat
07-15-2007, 11:05 AM
You know, Greg Ostertag once dominated Tim Duncan in a regular season game.

Well, he once dominated Hakeem Olajuwon in an elimination game....

Speed
07-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Everytime I see a post from a Laker fan its trying to tell me how a 19 pick who had two good summer league games is enough to land a 5 time allstar in his prime... No disrespect but come on. If he and Bynum are so great, keep them and win a championship.

gng930
07-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Everytime I see a post from a Laker fan its trying to tell me how a 19 pick who had two good summer league games is enough to land a 5 time allstar in his prime... No disrespect but come on. If he and Bynum are so great, keep them and win a championship.

Even though I think Smashed is way overhyping this guy, it's actually been 5 games. In the one game he flopped, the staff had asked him to play more of a facilitator role...thus only 5 shot attempts. Obviously he wasn't up to that task.

As for the trading Bynum and Crit for JO, the point in doing so would be to get a player in his prime to play alongside Kobe, who's also in his prime. By the time Bynum and Crit are ready to become significant contributors, Kobe will likely be out of his prime.

Shade
07-15-2007, 02:25 PM
How bout some beer? ;)

Can I throw it at Ron Artest?

bulldog
07-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Well, he once dominated Hakeem Olajuwon in an elimination game....

I know, I know...just trying to parody how everyone jumps on someone everytime they post summer league stats. Summer league doesn't mean much, but it means something. It's like the only stat people are willing to accept is Game 7 of the NBA finals.

I think JC is showing he has the potential to be a very good player.

Shade
07-15-2007, 02:33 PM
In LeBron James' first preseason, he shot airball after airball with reckless abandon.

Shade
07-15-2007, 02:54 PM
"I mean, listen, we talkin' about summer league. Not a game. Not a game. Not a GAME. We talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE. Not a game. Not a...not a...not the game that I go out there and DIE for, and play every game like it's my last. Not the GAME. We talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE, man. I mean, how silly is that? Man, we talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE.

I know it's important. I do. I honestly do. But we talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE, man. What are we talkin' about? Summer league? We talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE, man. We talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE. We talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE. We ain't talking about the GAME. We talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE, man.

Man, look, I hear you. It's funny to me too. I mean, it's strange...it's strange to me too. But we talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE, man. We're not even talking about the GAME, the actual GAME, when it MATTERS. We talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE. How the hell can I make my teammates better by SUMMER LEAGUE?"

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nba/_photos2/2002-05-07-iverson2.jpg

The Hustler
07-15-2007, 02:55 PM
"I mean, listen, we talkin' about summer league. Not a game. Not a game. Not a GAME. We talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE. Not a game. Not a...not a...not the game that I go out there and DIE for, and play every game like it's my last. Not the GAME. We talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE, man. I mean, how silly is that? Man, we talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE.

I know it's important. I do. I honestly do. But we talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE, man. What are we talkin' about? Summer league? We talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE, man. We talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE. We talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE. We ain't talking about the GAME. We talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE, man.

Man, look, I hear you. It's funny to me too. I mean, it's strange...it's strange to me too. But we talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE, man. We're not even talking about the GAME, the actual GAME, when it MATTERS. We talkin' about SUMMER LEAGUE. How the hell can I make my teammates better by SUMMER LEAGUE?"

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nba/_photos2/2002-05-07-iverson2.jpg

I call for nomination for post of the year already!

I mean, we talking about PRAC... i mean SUMMER LEAGUE!

Smashed_Potato
07-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Can I throw it at Ron Artest?

As you wish :)

GrangerRanger
07-15-2007, 04:00 PM
I really love KStat's argument. It's not alot to score 28 points against crappy players. In the only game I watched of J Crit he was going against some pretty rough defense and came up in the end with 0 points / 0 rebonds ( dunno know for sure/ and 3 assists. Hey, it was a great game, he tied his Summer League Career High in assists.:eek:

OnlyPacersLeft
07-15-2007, 05:38 PM
of course! lets trade JO for him strait up with kwame! JAVARIS IS GOING TO BE A STAR!

Eindar
07-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Javaris adds value to the trade, but not enough to just make it him and Kwame/Bynum. One more 1st rounder would get it done for me, though!

JayRedd
07-16-2007, 12:57 AM
I call for nomination for post of the year already!

Man, look, I hear you. It's funny to me too.

The Hustler
07-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Man, look, I hear you. It's funny to me too.

Its strange, its strange to me to!

But JayRedd, some people are saying that by practicing, you can help make your team mates better!?!?!?!

For those of you who dont know what this is about ... Enjoy, the legend that is Allen Iverson and his view on PRACTICE!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FUYjD7A75HQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FUYjD7A75HQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Slick Pinkham
07-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Bo Outlaw once had 40 points and 25 rebounds in a summer league game.

Bo Outlaw!

Anthem
07-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Any chance this could get merged into the official thread?

LoneGranger33
07-16-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't understand how some other team's unheralded 19th pick rookie point guard, who has never played a game in the NBA mind you, has three threads about him on Pacers Digest, while our own diamond in the rough, Stanko Barac only got one.

Doug
07-16-2007, 12:37 PM
I don't understand how some other team's unheralded 19th pick rookie point guard, who has never played a game in the NBA mind you, has three threads about him on Pacers Digest, while our own diamond in the rough, Stanko Barac only got one.

That's because everybody is in 100% agreement that Stanko is a lock for the HoF.

Besides, there's no point in talking about Stanko too much, as the Lakers will no doubt demand that he be included in the deal.

:D

Shade
07-16-2007, 12:38 PM

The only thing to discuss about Stanko is how many championships he's going to bring us when he comes over.

LoneGranger33
07-16-2007, 12:41 PM
That's because everybody is in 100% agreement that Stanko is a lock for the HoF.

Besides, there's no point in talking about Stanko too much, as the Lakers will no doubt demand that he be included in the deal.

:D

The only thing to discuss about Stanko is how many championships he's going to bring us when he comes over.

You both are right. Guy is working his *** off in the gym as we speak. He's up to 127 pounds!

Anthem
07-16-2007, 12:42 PM
You both are right. Guy is working his *** off in the gym as we speak. He's up to 127 pounds!
Per bicep?

Hicks
07-16-2007, 02:16 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=32529