PDA

View Full Version : Mo Pete to Hornets

indygeezer
07-13-2007, 04:34 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/wires/07/13/2030.ap.bkn.hornets.peterson.0291/

Since there was much discussion about him. I'll put this out here.

Kstat
07-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Utah must loooove the way he used them....

indygeezer
07-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Utah must loooove the way he used them....

Seems to happen every year. I don't recall any rumors about him going to NO, did I miss them?

Robobtowncolt
07-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Seems to happen every year. I don't recall any rumors about him going to NO, did I miss them?

Yeah.

:p

Kstat
07-13-2007, 04:41 PM
He wanted to play for a winner and loved Utah's team....until another NBA team decided to offer him the full MLE, and then, goodbye!

BoomBaby33
07-13-2007, 04:46 PM
So does that mean the Peja experiment is over for the Hornets? Both are SF/SG and they have Mason as well. Pretty expensive experiment if you ask me.

TPTB was very smart in not re-signing Peja IMO. Plus they got the TE back. Who runs the Hornets anyway? :rolleyes:

FrenchConnection
07-13-2007, 04:47 PM
He wanted to play for a winner and loved Utah's team....until another NBA team decided to offer him the full MLE, and then, goodbye!

Usually, "I want to play for a winner" actually means "if the money is the same, I would rather play for a winner." Now he will say that he loves the direction of the Hornets franchise, that they are a "team on the rise" and that he welcomes the chance to play with Chris Paul. I wish some player would come out and say that it is all actually about the money (well that and the warm winters and good nightlife).

Kstat
07-13-2007, 04:49 PM
So does that mean the Peja experiment is over for the Hornets? Both are SF/SG and they have Mason as well. Pretty expensive experiment if you ask me.

TPTB was very smart in not re-signing Peja IMO. Plus they got the TE back. Who runs the Hornets anyway? :rolleyes:

A tad premature, aren't we?

Mason's a free agent. They won't bring him back.

Start MoPete at SG and Peja at SF, and they're set. This signing has little to do with Peja.

Kegboy
07-13-2007, 04:51 PM
I was under the impression that Utah wasn't that interested.

Given the choice, I'd rather play for Byron than Sloan.

Kstat
07-13-2007, 04:52 PM
I was under the impression that Utah wasn't that interested.

...he met with half the people in the Jazz organization. He toured their facilities.

They obviously offered him the full MLE, he just bolted as soon someone else ponied up.

Kegboy
07-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Okay, I thought I heard they didn't offer him a contract.

Kstat
07-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Okay, I thought I heard they didn't offer him a contract.

Nothing was official, but they wouldn't bring him over and try to sell him on the organization if they didn't intend to make him an offer...

Young
07-13-2007, 04:55 PM
It's a good signing for the Hornets.

Mo Pete is a solid player.

They also have Rasual Butler off the bench and he can play the 2-3. Also have rookie Julian Wright who plays the 3 but may be able to play the 4 although he probably isn't ready to contribute right away.

Mo Pete will improve their half court game a lot. I'm assuming they won't keep Desmond Mason with this signing and while Desmond is a nice player Mo Pete is much better in the half court than Desmond IMO.

Shade
07-13-2007, 06:26 PM
The market is drying up...

Trader Joe
07-13-2007, 06:37 PM
The market is drying up...

We already got Kareem Rush and Stanko. What more do we need. We were so close to a championship last year we can afford to stand pat. Oh wait...

Shade
07-13-2007, 06:39 PM
We already got Kareem Rush and Stanko. What more do we need. We were so close to a championship last year we can afford to stand pat. Oh wait...

Are we Spurs fans now?

I must have missed the memo... :shrug:

grace
07-14-2007, 01:11 PM
So does that mean the Peja experiment is over for the Hornets?

Peja is rehabbing after back surgery. [/companyline]

BoomBaby33
07-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Peja is rehabbing after back surgery. [/companyline]

Back surgery or not, Peja is still over-hyped. I'm glad we didn't keep him. The Hornets way overpaid this guy.

Although, I can certainly empathize with Peja, my brother went through some horrendous pain with a couple of back surgeries he had, installing and removing 3 inch pins in a couple vertebrae.

grace
07-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Back surgery or not, Peja is still over-hyped. I'm glad we didn't keep him.

I totally agree with you. I remember watching NO training camp on NBA-TV last year. Byron kept telling the team what a great shooter Peja is. All I could think of was "Byron, did you even watch him when he was with the Pacers?"

bulldog
07-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Byron kept telling the team what a great shooter Peja is. All I could think of was "Byron, did you even watch him when he was with the Pacers?"
Umm, its pretty tough to argue that Peja's not a good shooter, despite all his other flaws. I don't think a season with the Pacers overshadows a career as one of the NBA's best (and he wasn't that bad, although he wasn't exceptional either).

Also, Hilton Armstrong seems to be coming along in summer league according to ESPN today, and West and Paul can only get better; watch out for the Hornets.

Oneal07
07-14-2007, 08:14 PM
I thought e was going to Utah, but it's nyce that Mo Pete is in New Orleans!!! That team just got better!!! He might even start there

Arcadian
07-14-2007, 09:02 PM
It's a buisness and Utah knows it or else they wouldn't have signed Boozer.

Big Smooth
07-15-2007, 12:43 AM

And then they put that TE to great use by using it plus a 1st round pick to reacquire Harrington. Absolute brilliance. ;)

JayRedd
07-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Pretty tough life Mo Pete's living..."Should I play with Chris Paul or Deron Williams? Decisions, decisions."

This is a great signing for NO, IMO. Putting Mo Pete and Peja on the wings will really open up the middle for Paul to drive, David West to do work and Tyson to do what he does (offensive rebounding/tip-ins/catch dump-downs and dunk/generally being gully). Through in Julian Wright as a do-it-all and great finisher from the wing, and these guys are definitely improving.

I look for them to make the Playoffs this year barring another injury-plagued season like last year.

superman07
07-17-2007, 04:41 PM
well lets be for real what the hell do you think mo pete is going to do save the team bring them to the playoff i think not lets be real for a second what dose he bring to the table and in consistant three point shot and little to no defensive still oh yeah lets not forget he was VC ***** for 5 to 6 seasons bad move by the hornets but a good move for mo pete now he gets to ride the success of CP3

Kegboy
07-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Punctuation is your friend.

superman07
07-17-2007, 05:08 PM
aight.