PDA

View Full Version : kwame in indy

BigDawg44
07-12-2007, 10:59 PM
i just read over on indystar that someone saw kwame at the Fever game tonight. evidently someone tried to interview him and denied/couldnt accept. what does this mean? is it true? i dont know. i sure hope so tho. cuz, having kwame on the team would be just one more reason to be a pacer fan (not like i needed one) cuz kwame went to my hs and his younger brother was a friend of mine in elementary/middle school. i also had the same 4th grade teacher as kwame. i guess that makes me part of his entourage or something.

LoneGranger33
07-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Haha...that's a nervous laugh...
I'm struggling to find another reason why he was in Indiana at a WNBA game.

In the research process, I found this tid-bit. Enjoy:

<SUP class=reference id=_ref-latimescake_1>The "Cake Incident" (from wikipedia)</SUP>
<SUP class=reference>According to a police report, on the night of Saturday, January 13, 2007, Kwame Brown was accused by a man of throwing a cake at him. The man said that as he was carrying the 2 x 2 foot chocolate cake down the street in Hermosa Beach, California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermosa_Beach%2C_California), he spotted Brown's Lakers teammate Ronny Turiaf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronny_Turiaf) who agreed to pose for a photograph with him. The Lakers had been out celebrating Turiaf's birthday when Brown then arrived on the scene, who grabbed away the cake and threw it back at the man. The man offered no reason for the cake throw in the report. It was said Brown was actually attempting to throw it at Turiaf as a joke, believing the cake belonged to him, but missed. The Lakers had been out celebrating Ronny's birthday as well.They then dispersed, with Brown departing in a limousine. A "grand theft of a person" case was presented by detectives to the city attorney's office,but Brown was not prosecuted. Brown later compensated the man by buying him dinner at the Arena Club at the Staples Center (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staples_Center).

</SUP>

pwee31
07-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Maybe he's dating one of the players on one of the teams.

SoupIsGood
07-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Kwame at a WNBA game? What's strange about that?

Just kidding. I actually like Kwame a lot more than his detractors. In fact I'd say I'm a fan. Plus didn't he say he is a huge fan of JO, or something?

That Kwame-BigDawg44 connection is pretty sweet too. I hope he becomes a Pacer, because that will mean Bynum is one too.

Or actually I hope he doesn't become a Pacer, because then JO won't be.

:disturbed

Can we trade for Bynum w/o trading JO? :o

Shade
07-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Maybe he was trying to get some pointers.

indyman37
07-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Maybe he was trying to get some pointers.
He could have just Better Basketball: Post Moves. It features JO and Tamika Catchings.

LoneGranger33
07-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Kwame at a WNBA game? What's strange about that?

Just kidding. I actually like Kwame a lot more than his detractors. In fact I'd say I'm a fan. Plus didn't he say he is a huge fan of JO, or something?

That Kwame-BigDawg44 connection is pretty sweet too. I hope he becomes a Pacer, because that will mean Bynum is one too.

Or actually I hope he doesn't become a Pacer, because then JO won't be.

:disturbed

Can we trade for Bynum w/o trading JO? :o

Yeah, I actually think I'm a fan too. I rocked with him and Darko as my big men in NBA LIVE '06 (Granted, they didn't really need to do much with my T-Mac/Arenas/Pierce backcourt)...but I also fear the onset of the post-JO era. The post-Reggie era has been nothing but heartache.

indyman37
07-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I actually think I'm a fan too. I rocked with him and Darko as my big men in NBA LIVE '06 (Granted, they didn't really need to do much with my T-Mac/Arenas/Pierce backcourt)...but I also fear the onset of the post-JO era. The post-Reggie era has been nothing but heartache.
I'm good as long as we get new jerseys again for our new "era."

JayRedd
07-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Maybe he's dating one of the players on one of the teams.

Could be. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

(offensive langauge warning for within link.)

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=44760

Unclebuck
07-12-2007, 11:23 PM
That is strange that he would be here in Indy. That does make me wonder. But is it "legal" for the Pacers and Kwami to meet - isn't that tampering.

I'm not going to read too much into it right now

Indianapolis_girly
07-12-2007, 11:24 PM
That's odd.
My mom was watching the Fever game on TV, and i wasen't paying much attention. But she said that she saw a guy somewhere behind the Fever bench that looked ALOT like Jermaine. She swears it was Jermaine. But that's another story haha.

About the Kwame thing, i don't know why he would be there.
Hmmmm. You never know.

pwee31
07-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Could be. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

(Insensitive langauge warning for within link.)

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=44760

:laugh: Fair enough

Frank Slade
07-13-2007, 12:02 AM
That is strange that he would be here in Indy. That does make me wonder. But is it "legal" for the Pacers and Kwami to meet - isn't that tampering.

Now I have on idea why he would be here. But keep in mind his excuse could be the Black Expo kicked of today through next week. A number of Celebs like the cast of The Wire etc.. are going to be here for one there is going to be a celeb basketball game. Reggie Wayne Bob Sanders locally etc.. Maybe he has some friends from near here coming in town for that and that's all it is.
Or that at least could be a convenient alibi :cool:

Young
07-13-2007, 01:08 AM
Let the Jermiane to LA, Kwame + to Indy speculation begin.

Y2J
07-13-2007, 01:15 AM
Let the Jermiane to LA, Kwame + to Indy speculation continue.

Fixed. :dance:

BigDawg44
07-13-2007, 01:38 AM
maybe ur insiders can shed some light on the situation. dasmash(who seems to currently be MIA)? dimonddave? others?

Peck
07-13-2007, 01:56 AM

I wouldn't think it would be tampering if L.A. approved of a meet. It may be so that the team and player can get comfortable with the trade, although since he is on his last year I don't know why it would matter.

Actually that may concern me more, God what if they intend to trade for him and then re-sign him?

mcampbellarch
07-13-2007, 02:00 AM
JayRedd - thanks for the best laugh I had all day via the link to the LB thread.

SoupIsGood
07-13-2007, 02:07 AM
The Rob Schneider reference - :lmao:

Speed
07-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Do we have a second person who has verified this?

Tom White
07-13-2007, 08:01 AM
I don't know, guys. It sounds like another one of "those" stories to me. The OP says an "old roommate" of his "works stats" at the balls games and told him KB was there.

Even if Brown wouldn't allow an interview, don't you think one of the stations covering the game would have at least a camera shot of him as part of their report?

Speed
07-13-2007, 08:05 AM
If he was dressed as an empty green seat, I saw him as I was flipping through the channels.

Anyway, the guy that posted it has like 300 posts, but I didn't research what he has been posting.

I would just think someone would notice a 6'11" guy wondering around.

RomanGabriel
07-13-2007, 08:09 AM
If you put any stock into the ugly MJ remarks made about Kwame, perhaps he was there for a tryout. But IF it really was Kwame, why would he be appearing at such a public function given the tampering implications?

Speed
07-13-2007, 08:11 AM
maybe a deal is done and they have to wait for a player to be available to be traded, Luke Walton who just signed. JC-Crittenden, I'm calling him JC since he is seen as the second coming by some Laker fans, who was just drafted. Isn't there a waiting period on newly signed and/or draft picks before you trade them.

How funny would it be if JC ends up a Pacer and to see how AWESOME/Baron Davis/Chauncy Billips/second scoring option like he is then.

I thought I'd just throw that random completely made up speculation into the fray.

btowncolt
07-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Someone at indystar said it? Hmm, it has to be true....

DaSMASH
07-13-2007, 09:19 AM
maybe ur insiders can shed some light on the situation. dasmash(who seems to currently be MIA)? dimonddave? others?

I got a phone call from one of the stat crew just after the Fever-Liberty game last night. The reason I didn't post it sooner was because it does get old reading the "other experts" on this Digest that critisize and don't think I have ANY insight to whats going on at Conseco. I personally decided to just share snipits through PM's here on the digest with other trusted, non critical posters.

Anyway, my friend said that it was Kwame Brown. When asked Why he was at an Indiana Fever game, he responded with, "He couldn't comment at this time". I was also told that he does not have a girlfriend on either team, nor was he in town for Black expo. I started a post about a month ago about who I thought the Pacers were going to trade with. I'm sticking by my guns and I still believe that the trade is O'Neal and Murphy for Odom, Bynum,Brown & Vujancic and a 2008 #1 pick. Now that Luke Walton has been signed he could also be part of this trade, but not for 30 days after he signed his contract....July 31st.

The Lakers keep waiting to see where Garnett is going to end up. All info points that hes either going to Boston or staying in Minnasota. This waiting is actually helping the Pacers, because the longer into the summer this goes, the less the Lakers have in the power of neogotiating a better deal. Kobe went into Mitch Kupchacks office on Thursday or Friday and apologized for all the BS going around in talk and internet posts. That to me sounds like a player that has been assured-told that he is going to get some help.

Everyone is down on Jermaine right now as a franchise player, and with good reason. He is injury phrone, and takes way to many jumpers. Yet he can still play on the blocks and would take less hammering in the western conference due to Kobe drawing the defense. So the rebirth of Jermaine into a force could be on its way,, just not in Indiana. If he stays with the Pacers he will still get hammered unmecifully by all the eastern conference backup post men, thats their job...to hammer O' Neal, because the Pacers do not have a legitimate-consistant scoring option after him.

Adding Kareem Rush and Andre Owens just is a bandaid on a bloody gash.

Kwame Brown at a Fever game, in the middle of the summer, when you have the money to go anywhere in the world. My bet is that he met with Bird and Walsh, discussed his health situation and they let him know that if there is a trade he would definitly be part of that, or it could simply be that he's meeting with a cake maker at Conseco for his next Birthday cake.

Yeah, thats the ticket!

2Cleva
07-13-2007, 09:38 AM
A few things wrong about that post, DaSMASH

1 -
Now that Luke Walton has been signed he could also be part of this trade, but not for 30 days after he signed his contract....July 31st.

That is incorrect. First, contracts weren't signed until July 11th because of the moratorium. Second, FAs can't be dealt until three months or Dec 15th, whichever is later. Only rookie contracts can be dealt within 30 days.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#80

2 -
All info points that hes either going to Boston or staying in Minnasota.

Stronger word says he either goes to Golden State or stays in Minny. He won't go to Boston. All parties are clear on that. But yes, LA is very interested.

3 -
I still believe that the trade is O'Neal and Murphy for Odom, Bynum,Brown & Vujancic and a 2008 #1 pick.

That has to be the "perfect" deal for Indy. Getting potential in Bynum, talent in Odom, last year in Kwame, future in draft pick, and dumping one of the worse Ks in the league in Murphy. No way LA does that deal. They won't give Odom and Bynum for JO, let alone all of that.

I'm not saying you are wrong or aren't legit, just pointing out some fallacies in your conclusions.

Unclebuck
07-13-2007, 09:42 AM
I cannot come up with any other logical reason for Brown to be in Indy other than to be meeting with Bird and Walsh and to get a feel of things. Although that doesn't mean a trade is going to take place.

2Cleva
07-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Fortunately or unfortunately, however you look at it, I do have one. A doctor's appointment.

5/29

Los Angeles Lakers forward/center Kwame Brown underwent successful reconstructive surgery on his left ankle, it was announced today.

The procedure was performed by Dr. David Porter in Indianapolis, Indiana. Brown will begin rehab in approximately 1-2 weeks and will be able to start running in 6-8 weeks. He is expected to make a full and complete recovery and return to playing status in a minimum of four months.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/070529_kwame.html

DaSMASH
07-13-2007, 09:53 AM
A few things wrong about that post, DaSMASH

1 -

That is incorrect. First, contracts weren't signed until July 11th because of the moratorium. Second, FAs can't be dealt until three months or Dec 15th, whichever is later. Only rookie contracts can be dealt within 30 days.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#80

2 -

Stronger word says he either goes to Golden State or stays in Minny. He won't go to Boston. All parties are clear on that. But yes, LA is very interested.

3 -

That has to be the "perfect" deal for Indy. Getting potential in Bynum, talent in Odom, last year in Kwame, future in draft pick, and dumping one of the worse Ks in the league in Murphy. No way LA does that deal. They won't give Odom and Bynum for JO, let alone all of that.

I'm not saying you are wrong or aren't legit, just pointing out some fallacies in your conclusions.

The above were speculations....My only conclusion is that he will probably be included that any trade done with the Lakers and PAcers will include Kwame...now you make the numbers match...bythe way the only way the Pacers do trade O'Neal is to get the deal thatthey WANT, not what the Lakers want to give us. ALl of you need to start thinking with that mentality instead of the defeatest mentality that has gripped not only this messageboard but the PAcers franchise.

Tom White
07-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Fortunately or unfortunately, however you look at it, I do have one. A doctor's appointment.

With the date of that article being 05/29/07, are you then speculating that Brown was back in town (if he was) for a follow-up appointment?

NuffSaid
07-13-2007, 09:57 AM
2Cleva,

You're is the only reason that truly makes sense. Thanks for the info/link.

With the date of that article being 05/29/07, are you then speculating that Brown was back in town (if he was) for a follow-up appointment?
Makes sense doesn't it? I mean, Kwame has had at least two different surgeries performed during the off-season (summer). And since surgeons just aren't making house calls like they use to... :) (j/k)

What I don't get is why he just wouldn't come out and say that he was in town for follow-up medical treatment, if that was indeed the reason for his visit? (Of course, if it wasn't for medical reasons it does bring us back to the original question what was he really in town for?)

DaSMASH
07-13-2007, 09:59 AM

Thats good!

But why wouldn't he just say that...why the secracy?

I do have it on good word that any package put together the PAcers have said Kwame must be on it. Injured or uninjured.....

2Cleva
07-13-2007, 10:02 AM
DaSMASH - I'm not talking defeatest mentality. I'm talking LA isn't giving all of that for JO. They like him but aren't in love with him like the idea of getting KG. They'll give Odom or Bynum but not both. I do agree Kwame would be involved, for salary purposes at the very least. Indy tried hard to get him from Washington when he was a FA before.

Tom White / NuffSaid - We're all just speculating but a doctor's checkup about 6 weeks later would be a good reason why he was there. But why he wouldn't just say so to reporters isn't clear. He could very well be there for other reasons like a trade is close but I'm just pointing out another viable reason.

OnlyPacersLeft
07-13-2007, 10:21 AM
jermaine o'neal IS GOD....why would he go to a fever game? God has more important things 2 do..aha:)

OnlyPacersLeft
07-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Thats good!

I do have it on good word that any package put together the PAcers have said Kwame must be on it. Injured or uninjured.....

lol you and your stupid sources and "I do have it on good word" quit reading the net and trying to act like you have sources.

Unclebuck
07-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Oops, diesreagrd my last post - doctors apppt -s a very good explanation

dgranger
07-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Maybe he is like Jawannna Mann. He couldn't make it in the NBA so he's trying the WNBA.

Bball
07-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Playing Devil's advocate here-

Thats good!

Because his agent has told him not to talk about his injury, especially specifics maybe? The best way to avoid the discussion is not to start it so a "no comment" or "I can't say" would surely short-circuit it.

Also, for everyone reading this thread in hopes of tearing the speculation to pieces or finding hope to hang onto (in either direction)- It's quite possible Kwame was here for a Dr's appointment and it had nothing to do with the rumored trade... BUT the trade could still go down because that would have no bearing on anything and just be a coincidence.

-Bball

diamonddave00
07-13-2007, 11:18 AM
IF it was Kwame Brown , he could with the Lakers approval meet with Pacers Drs. for a physical prior to a trade. Or it could simply be he saw his doctor for a follow up visit , had a layover before his flight out and caught a Fever game.

Any deal with the Lakers it seems would include Kwame because of his 9 mil expiring contract. While dumping Murphy's 4 year 42 mil deal would be nice I don't see that happening.

As Bball points out Brown's agent, Pacers and Lakers would have all told him not to say a word as to why he was here. Thus no comment would seem the standard answer.

As for a trade between the Lakers and Pacers , Kupchak according to comments on an LA forum stated JO was a slightly more likely scenerio than KG. Hearing nothing from Pacer side appears Walsh/Bird are just waiting for the Lakers or Nets to up their offers . Personally if its Crittenden or Farmar , put me down as favoring Crittenden the bigger of the 2 and can play both guard spots.

LoneGranger33
07-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Maybe he is like Jawannna Mann. He couldn't make it in the NBA so he's trying the WNBA.

Not possible. If he were Juwanna Mann, he'd be playing the game, not watching it. But I like where this is going.

diamonddave00
07-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Hypotheticly Pacers decide to compromise allowing Lakers to keep Bynum.

Brown was here to see Dr David Porter for follow up on the ankle surgery, he then took medical records to the Pacers and had a pre-trade physical with Lakers approval.

Pacers /Lakers agree on a trade Lakers keep Bynum but accept Troy Murphy's deal. Pacers send JO and Murphy to Laker for Lamar Odom , Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenden and a 2008 #1 pick.

Pacers get a good combo forward Odom, potential good guard Crittenden , a #1 and 9 mil expiring contract and unload Murphy's 4 years 42 mil contract. Next summer as a result of the trade 16 mil is removed from Pacer cap numbers.

Maybe not a perfect trade but keeps team competitive , Odom would have the year to prove himself as a player we want to keep and resign or he becomes a 14.6 expiring contract with trade value after next season.

Just throwing it out there to have it slammed.

RWB
07-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Hopefully Kaufman has been following this and can give us some insight if possible.

LoneGranger33
07-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Hypotheticly Pacers decide to compromise allowing Lakers to keep Bynum.

Brown was here to see Dr David Porter for follow up on the ankle surgery, he then took medical records to the Pacers and had a pre-trade physical with Lakers approval.

Pacers /Lakers agree on a trade Lakers keep Bynum but accept Troy Murphy's deal. Pacers send JO and Murphy to Laker for Lamar Odom , Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenden and a 2008 #1 pick.

Pacers get a good combo forward Odom, potential good guard Crittenden , a #1 and 9 mil expiring contract and unload Murphy's 4 years 42 mil contract. Next summer as a result of the trade 16 mil is removed from Pacer cap numbers.

Maybe not a perfect trade but keeps team competitive , Odom would have the year to prove himself as a player we want to keep and resign or he becomes a 14.6 expiring contract with trade value after next season.

Just throwing it out there to have it slammed.

It's not terrible. If we could swing a trade for Odom immediately, I might be more in favor of it. But I think Bynum was our primary target. And that 1st round pick will be pretty late in the first round that it won't be worth it. As much as I want to dump Murphy, I'd have to veto this deal.

SoupIsGood
07-13-2007, 12:53 PM
We'd be stupid to give up JO and not get Bynum back.

I'm not holding my breath on the LA deal. It just doesn't make sense for us unless we get Bynum and Odom, and they don't wanna give that up.

Hicks
07-13-2007, 02:47 PM
I don't buy the "Smash" deal. I'm still waiting for Memphis to send us the #1 pick for Oden..... Or any number of other teams to over-spend on giving us Jermaine O'Neal. Not happening. It's becoming obvious as well that the Lakers would never give up that much for O'Neal and especially not Murphy included. Look I'll buy that Smash has someone legit telling him things, but I think his basketball knowledge and judgment of player abilities is skewed to the point where these "reports" become 90% nonsense.

eldubious
07-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Two reasons the Pacers won't do a deal for Odom alone:

1. He already stated he doesn't want to play for the Pacers

2. He can opt out in a year and leave the team high and dry.

Kwame Brown will be included in any deal for JO, that's a given. IMHO, the deal that is on the table is Kwame, Bynum, JC, Cook, cash, and a future 1st. Bynum is the key, otherwise, JO would be a Net by now. Now, it's understandable why the Pacers would want Odom, they want remain competetive. But, look at it from this angle, if cash were thrown in, the Pacers could use the money to sign a Pietrus or another FA. Now, the team would look alot better.

bambam
07-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Physical...I am not saying my sources are 100% credible and they dont work for Pacers organization. All, I was told was physical by the Pacers organization. On a scale of 1-10 creditablity...i give them an 8, only cause when they return my call with an asnwer, they are right. The one time they were wrong, it involved the Colts dealing Edge and it never happened.

so we will see

diamonddave00
07-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Money thrown into a trade does not give you the ability to buy or sign a player.

Your trade does not work due to the fact Brian Cook is a BYC player, he makes 3.5 mil a year but since its the first year of his new contract he only has a trade value of 1.8 mil. Thus the Lakers are taking back 19.7 mil but only trading 14.382 even with the 125% +$ 100,000 rule it falls 1.7 mil short of sending enough talent out. The future 1st has no cash value in the trade and money can not be added to make up the difference.

For your trade to work the Lakers would need to add another piece and make it a 5 for 1 trade , the Lakers even after signing Derek Fisher have only 13 players under contract. A 5 for 1 trade leaves them with 9 players and over the luxury tax , not somewhere they want to be.

Take Cook out of your deal , add Evans or Vujacic and a resigned and waived McKie plus the cash to play off McKie and the deal works. The Pacers want no part of Brian Cook's 3 year 10.5 mil contract unless they are dumping Murphy or Dunleavy's contract.

If the Pacers want to sign a free agent they still have the MLE 5.36 mil . They also have a 4 mil trade exception to trade for a player but it can only be used by itself not added to players to make a trade.

Kegboy
07-13-2007, 07:48 PM

Well done Cleva.

BlueNGold
07-13-2007, 09:45 PM
The Dr. connection is probably enough to shut down this thread.

The fact he was apparently by himself (not with other players) probably weighs against this being related to a trade as well. Certainly not as much, but does nothing to support the rumor-mill.

I bet TPTB have read some of this stuff at one time or another and get a good laugh.

Anthem
07-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Somebody explain to me why on earth we'd need to talk to Kwame Brown.

Why would we care what he thinks? He's an ending contract that would be thrown in to make salaries match. We wouldn't be significantly worse as a team if we cut him before he got here. We don't need to show him the city or make him feel good about anything. Any LA trade is all about Bynum, not Kwame Brown.

diamonddave00
07-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Just to play devil's advocate Kwame Brown had surgery and was in town so Pacers had a chance to check him out without stirring suspision until Kwame decided to watch the Fever. All the other players involved are healthy, so no reason to worry about them till after the trade is completed. Trade is based on whether or not Brown is healing okay. Just a thought.

Smooth_for_Pres.
07-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Any LA trade is all about Bynum, not Kwame Brown.

Not from Kwame or his agents standpoint...

Anthem
07-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Not from Kwame or his agents standpoint...
Maybe we should take Aaron McKie on a tour of the town, while we're at it.

Tom White
07-13-2007, 10:35 PM

They don't need to talk to him. hey need to have team doctors examine him. He has had two off-season surgeries. They need to check his progress in order to try to avoid trading for "damaged goods".

Bball
07-13-2007, 10:36 PM

Why would we care what he thinks? He's an ending contract that would be thrown in to make salaries match. We wouldn't be significantly worse as a team if we cut him before he got here. We don't need to show him the city or make him feel good about anything. Any LA trade is all about Bynum, not Kwame Brown.

Why would we do 90% of the things we do?

-Bball

Anthem
07-13-2007, 10:54 PM
They don't need to talk to him. hey need to have team doctors examine him. He has had two off-season surgeries. They need to check his progress in order to try to avoid trading for "damaged goods".
Who cares if he's damaged? He's an 8-million-dollar ending contract. That's his only value to the Pacers.

Smooth_for_Pres.
07-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Maybe we should take Aaron McKie on a tour of the town, while we're at it.

"The Story of Aaron Mckies Visit to Naptown"

:welcome: :bird: :geezer: http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/2640.jpg :signit: :bird: :shakehand

:buddies: :argue: :box: :rip:http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/2640.jpg

...and that's the story of how Larry Bird killed Aaron McKie.

THE END

LoneGranger33
07-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Who cares if he's damaged? He's an 8-million-dollar ending contract. That's his only value to the Pacers.

Nah man, the dude's not total crap. Obviously, he's no #1 pick. But really, we could be looking to offer him a contract (hopefully lower than 8 million a year). He's still 6ft 11in.

BlueNGold
07-13-2007, 11:23 PM

Brown's not worth 8M, but he's worth something. He is pretty big and his post defense has improved. Otherwise he's not good at all.

But I consider him better than David Harrison even though David clearly has more talent to misuse. At least Kwame doesn't go psycho during games and seems to be able to stay on the floor.

What's he worth to you? Would you want him on the team at all?

avoidingtheclowns
07-13-2007, 11:54 PM
honestly if i was the lakers (and this isnt just because i personally would prefer odom) i would trade lamar and keep kwame to play next to jermaine. kwame is a competent defender and can guard the C and allow jermaine to play PF. now if they think they can re-sign mihm and that he'll work or maybe sign a magloire then yes trade kwame. obviously odom is the better player but from a team chemistry / getting the most out of JO stand point that sets JO up for a return to form with kwame doing the banging and kobe and to some extent luke walton dragging defenders outside.

fisher / farmar
bryant / evans
walton / radmonovic
o'neal / cook
brown / turiaf

its thin upfront but could still re-sign mihm or like tsakalidis or something.

i actually like that better for the lakers than moving JO to center and having odom at PF. odom is clearly the better player but from a chemistry standpoint and getting the most out of each player... i might like keeping kwame better for the lakers.

JB's Breakout Year
07-14-2007, 07:35 AM
honestly if i was the lakers (and this isnt just because i personally would prefer odom) i would trade lamar and keep kwame to play next to jermaine. kwame is a competent defender and can guard the C and allow jermaine to play PF. now if they think they can re-sign mihm and that he'll work or maybe sign a magloire then yes trade kwame. obviously odom is the better player but from a team chemistry / getting the most out of JO stand point that sets JO up for a return to form with kwame doing the banging and kobe and to some extent luke walton dragging defenders outside.

fisher / farmar
bryant / evans
walton / radmonovic
o'neal / cook
brown / turiaf

i actually like that better for the lakers than moving JO to center and having odom at PF. odom is clearly the better player but from a chemistry standpoint and getting the most out of each player... i might like keeping kwame better for the lakers.
This makes a lot of sense to me, too.

Bynum may be valued more because of potential, but he did slump badly at the end of this past season. Brown, on the other hand, is a young vet with a lot of talent of his own. And just based on experience, he's much further along than Bynum. They basically come from the same situation-big men straight out of high school who were picked high based on potential.

Seems like JO was one of Kwame's biggest supporters when he was struggling under Jordan in DC. They might complement each other much better than JO and Bynum or Odom.

speakout4
07-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Can someone tell me why Kwame would have an Indy doc? Is LA so depleted of good doctors that he has to find one here so that for follow-up visits he has to come 2000 miles? The UCLA medical cneter has to be one of the top medical centers in the country. Funny but our pacer players are always going elesewhere for consults. And even if a player wants an out of state doctor perhaps Chicago or NY might offer more or better surgeons. This strikes me as very odd.

Speed
07-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Can someone tell me why Kwame would have an Indy doc? Is LA so depleted of good doctors that he has to find one here so that for follow-up visits he has to come 2000 miles? The UCLA medical cneter has to be one of the top medical centers in the country. Funny but our pacer players are always going elesewhere for consults. And even if a player wants an out of state doctor perhaps Chicago or NY might offer more or better surgeons. This strikes me as very odd.

We gots us some good doctoring in Indy as well, evidently. :)

Kegboy
07-14-2007, 09:31 AM

I was gonna say that if you're looking for an ankle reconstruction, you can't do better than the guys who work on race-car drivers. It's not mentioned in his bio, though.

http://www.methodistsports.com/physicians/david_porter/index.html

indygeezer
07-14-2007, 09:38 AM
I was gonna say that if you're looking for an ankle reconstruction, you can't do better than the guys who work on race-car drivers. It's not mentioned in his bio, though.

Thanks for posting this...I searched yesterday for info so I can see him. My feet are pathetic with ankle tendonitis and plantar faciatis. I will call Monday. Thanks again.

oneofthesedays
07-14-2007, 12:20 PM
I dunno guys I think it's awfully suspicious that Kwame was in Indy. Over on our Laker forums some supposed "insider" is claiming that this Lakers/Pacers trade is a done deal and that they are waiting till August to make it official (because Crittenton would need 30 days till he is resigned elsewhere).

Essentially we would be giving up Bynum+Kwame+Crittenton+Fillers for JO. Word is Walsh has a huge man-crush on Bynum, so much so that he believes Bynum will dominate the East in a few years. They are also very high on Critt. and his "potential" to become a legit PG.

I won't believe a thing until it's official though. I can't take all these damn rumors, somebody just do something already please!

BlueNGold
07-14-2007, 12:40 PM
I dunno guys I think it's awfully suspicious that Kwame was in Indy. Over on our Laker forums some supposed "insider" is claiming that this Lakers/Pacers trade is a done deal and that they are waiting till August to make it official (because Crittenton would need 30 days till he is resigned elsewhere).

Essentially we would be giving up Bynum+Kwame+Crittenton+Fillers for JO. Word is Walsh has a huge man-crush on Bynum, so much so that he believes Bynum will dominate the East in a few years. They are also very high on Critt. and his "potential" to become a legit PG.

I won't believe a thing until it's official though. I can't take all these damn rumors, somebody just do something already please!

This is the most believable trade. Odom will not be a Pacer unless we throw in another quality asset like Foster. If we can unload Murphy or Tinsley and get Odom, It will be time to celebrate....but that would be a freaking miracle.

indygeezer
07-14-2007, 12:40 PM

The last time I uttered those words the Pacers let Mark Jackson walk and traded Dale Davis away. Never again.

Tom White
07-14-2007, 12:43 PM

Just a couple questions for you, if you don't mind.

1. Which forum is this posted on?

2. Is it the thread where the guy says his uncle is on the inside and gave him the info?

Anthem
07-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Over on our Laker forums some supposed "insider" is claiming that this Lakers/Pacers trade is a done deal and that they are waiting till August to make it official (because Crittenton would need 30 days till he is resigned elsewhere).
Wrong for multiple reasons.

First, if the trade was that close LA wouldn't have signed Crittenton, they'd have traded his rights to Indy.

Second, even though Crit can't be traded for 30 days, there's nothing saying the trade couldn't be announced and official right now, but not actually taking place until the Crit can be traded. That's been done several times in the past.

Third, if the Pacers were going to accept that deal, they would have done it before the draft and gotten one of LA's second round picks to play around with. Plus, we all know that if Bird had the #19th pick, he would have picked Rudy instead of Crit.

I wouldn't be terribly upset with Bynum/Crit/Kwame/McKey/pick, but let's be realistic. It's not going to happen. And Kwame being in Indy has nothing to do with anything.

basketballwacko2
07-14-2007, 01:00 PM
The last time I uttered those words the Pacers let Mark Jackson walk and traded Dale Davis away. Never again.

Well you know I think we did ok on that Dale Davis trade.:dance:

I don't want this deal with the Lakers unless we get Odom, Bynum, Critt and Kwame for JO and either Murphy or Jamaal if not both.

Tom White
07-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Wrong for multiple reasons.

First, if the trade was that close LA wouldn't have signed Crittenton, they'd have traded his rights to Indy.

Unless they are using Crit's contract to help make salaries match up. As an unsigned pick he would have had no dollar value, but you probably knew that already.

tdubb03
07-14-2007, 01:01 PM
To be honest, even if Kareem Rush is our only move of the summer, I'm excited about next year. We've got a new coach, that's a pretty big move in itself. I'm excited to see what JOB can do for Tinsley. I'm not sure of it, but Shawne and Ike are going to see consistent playing time, maybe starts at some point. Sure we aren't going to win a title, but going into last season did you think we were? It does worry me that other than Antoine Walker, who's nothing like JO, there hasn't been a big man to my recollection who's succeeded under JOB.

Anthem
07-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Unless they are using Crit's contract to help make salaries match up. As an unsigned pick he would have had no dollar value, but you probably knew that already.
The trade can work without his salary.

Regardless, there's no reason not to announce the trade if it's actually a done deal.

basketballwacko2
07-14-2007, 01:06 PM

Now that is a great point.:2tup:

grace
07-14-2007, 01:29 PM

Because Larry doesn't know what he's doing? :shrug:

oneofthesedays
07-14-2007, 01:37 PM
I think the Lakers are still holding out on a Kevin Garnett deal. If that falls through then I believe JO is the backup option. IMHO I think our FO is salivating at the thought of KG and all the revenue he will bring to the city.

Tom White
07-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Just a couple questions for you, if you don't mind.

1. Which forum is this posted on?

2. Is it the thread where the guy says his uncle is on the inside and gave him the info?

OK, since I didn't get an answer to this, I snooped around at Lakersground.net and found where one of their posters had snipped the original post from ClubLakers.com. They are saying it is a FIRST POST by a guy at CL. One of those "Hey guys, I'm a fan too, and I thought you'd like to know this" sort of post.

Kinda takes away from its credability.

By the way, has anyone actually confirmed that Brown was really at the Fever game? I've heard of no one seconding the "sighting".

gng930
07-15-2007, 12:37 AM

fisher / farmar
bryant / evans
walton / radmonovic
o'neal / cook
brown / turiaf

This has actually been discussed extensively among Laker fans. However, IMO the rule of thumb in any transaction is the same as it is for the draft - take the BPA, i.e. talent over fit.

If we were able to get JO and keep LO, I'd actually prefer to trade LO afterwards for a SF and C combo. My personal dream scenario is LO to Milwaukee for the rights to Yi, Simmons, Gadzuric, and a re-signed Brian Skinner. Yi clearly wants to play for a city with a large Asian population. Milwaukee has been trying to get rid of Simmons and Gadz' contracts and has no plans to keep Skinner. They're looking for a versatile forward who they can pair up with Villanueva, who's a tweener.

Mihm, Gadz, Skinner
JO, Turiaf, Yi
Simmons, Walton, Radmanovich
Kobe, Evans
Fisher, Farmar

Each center gives us a different skillset: post-scoring (Mihm), shot-blocking (Gadz), post-D (Skinner). JO is free to roam on defense and work from the mid-post. Simmons spreads the defense (42% from the arc) and guards the tougher swingman - giving Kobe a rest on D. Yi gives us a piece to build upon for the future, which we lost by giving up Bynum. If we also managed to get Harrison from you guys, I'd send Mihm packing to the Bulls for Chris Duhon to bolster our PG defense.