PDA

View Full Version : I just got into the Kelley School

Trader Joe
07-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Woohoo go me!!! Basically 13 years of education dedicated towards this goal. I busted my butt to get here. Talk about a big weight off your shoulders. :dance::buddies::happydanc

SoupIsGood
07-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Way to go! That's the business school right?

obnoxiousmodesty
07-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Congratulations!

bellisimo
07-11-2007, 06:40 AM
*applauds*

good job - good to see someone reachin their goal/dream :)

Gyron
07-11-2007, 08:42 AM
I beleive the Kelly School is a masters program in business at IU correct?

Congrats on that!

Trader Joe
07-11-2007, 09:02 AM
I beleive the Kelly School is a masters program in business at IU correct?

Congrats on that!

This is the undergrad program actually. They offer a masters program too which I will likely go into also.

Robobtowncolt
07-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Using that Brebeuf education to become a money-grubbing *hole, huh? The Jesuits would be proud.

Congrats on getting in.

Trader Joe
07-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Using that Brebeuf education to become a money-grubbing *hole, huh? The Jesuits would be proud.

Congrats on getting in.

I doubt they'll care as long as I donate. :D

317Kim
07-11-2007, 10:20 AM
That's great! Congrats :woot:

Phildog
07-11-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm in the masters program now in the evenings-it's a great program. Congrats and good luck!!@

ChicagoJ
07-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm in the masters program now in the evenings-it's a great program. Congrats and good luck!!@

Yes it is.

Say "hi" to Randy Heron for me. Great, great instructor.

I still rely on the classes I took with him on a daily basis.

ChicagoJ
07-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Woohoo go me!!! Basically 13 years of education dedicated towards this goal. I busted my butt to get here. Talk about a big weight off your shoulders. :dance::buddies::happydanc

I'm sure I'll see you at some recruiting functions this fall and next fall, then.

Just remember, the guy you are interveiwing with just might have more posts on PD than you do.

:jawdrop:

(PS, "busted your butt"? Surely you know what's coming next... A-Core. I-core. Whatever-they-call-it-these-days-core.)

Trader Joe
07-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm sure I'll see you at some recruiting functions this fall and next fall, then.

Just remember, the guy you are interveiwing with just might have more posts on PD than you do.

:jawdrop:

(PS, "busted your butt"? Surely you know what's coming next... A-Core. I-core. Whatever-they-call-it-these-days-core.)

Oh yeah I know. And I say bring it on!

ajbry
07-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Congrats, I know nothing about the school but it sounds great.

Is it pretty difficult to get into?

JayRedd
07-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Well done. Study up.

ChicagoJ
07-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Congrats, I know nothing about the school but it sounds great.

Is it pretty difficult to get into?

Not as much as Wharton (Penn), UofChicago, Kellogg (Northwestern), Stanford or Harvard, but definitely in that next tier.

The undergrad business school is very difficult to get into.

The grad/ full-time business school is very, very difficult to get into.

The grad/ part-time business school is absurdly difficult to get into.

All of those programs are consistently rated in the top twenty, although I'm unsure of the current ratings.

Adendum: I should add that was true a decade ago and I assume its still true. The school used to get several thousand applicants for both versions of the MBA program and could take a few hundred students per year for Bloomington (in the old facility, so the classroom capacity may have increased some) full-time and from the same number of applicants, with similar GMATs and more work experience, take only 60 per semester for the part-time program in Indy.

With the exceptions of Chicago, Northwestern, and Michigan, which are all top-ten, its the best business school in the midwest.

indygeezer
07-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Congrats Indy07whatever...

I have 2 bro-in-laws who graduated from there.

Pacersin2033
07-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Congrats, i got in last year and it was quiet a thrill, I start I-Core this fall. Whats your major?

Trader Joe
07-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Congrats, i got in last year and it was quiet a thrill, I start I-Core this fall. Whats your major?

Finance/Real Estate.

Sollozzo
07-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Indy, congratulations man, that's great.

I too, recieved my letter of acceptance from the Kelley school this past week. I busted my rear off as well to get in there. Endless hours of studying for K201 paid off I guess.

Maybe we'll meet up at the business school sometime.

SoupIsGood
07-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Geez, you guys make me wish I'd chosen a major that'd actually help me make some money once I get outta school. ;)

In a few years when you guys are running a business and making tons of money, don't forget to hire the occasional English major... :) lol

Does getting into Kelley mean you still graduate in four years total? I hope you guys kick *** in there.

Sollozzo
07-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Geez, you guys make me wish I'd chosen a major that'd actually help me make some money once I get outta school. ;)

In a few years when you guys are running a business and making tons of money, don't forget to hire the occasional English major... :) lol

Does getting into Kelley mean you still graduate in four years total? I hope you guys kick *** in there.

Yes, it's designed to where you can get out in 4 years. But Junior year, you have to take a semester of "ICORE", which is 12 credit hours of business only classes. You cannot take anything else that semester, you are soley focused on business. That means you might have to take a couple of summer school classes at an IU satellite school. I'm probably going to have to do that next year.

Big Smooth
07-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Meh I don't recall being restricted to only business classes during I-CORE. In fact I'm almost certain I had at least one more class on my schedule.

ChicagoJ
07-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Meh I don't recall being restricted to only business classes during I-CORE. In fact I'm almost certain I had at least one more class on my schedule.

Its a 12-credit class now. Back in the day, I think it was a nine-hour course so you had to pick up another "bunny" to keep full-time status.

As a 12-credit course, I sure as hell wouldn't pick up any thing else.

Sollozzo
07-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Its a 12-credit class now. Back in the day, I think it was a nine-hour course so you had to pick up another "bunny" to keep full-time status.

As a 12-credit course, I sure as hell wouldn't pick up any thing else.

Definitely. It is the most intense 12 hours that you will take as an undergrad. It would be suicide to take something else.

I don't know what year you were in the Kelley School, Big Smooth....but I believe that its been an exclusive 12 hour program for atleast a little while now.

Getting into the Kelley school last week was a proud moment for myself. After not being a direct admit to the business school, I made it my mission last year to get about a 3.5 GPA and ended up with a 3.49.

Busk201 is certainly the most rewarding class I took all year. It's worth the hard work, only problem is that sometimes you neglect your other classes because of it.

ChicagoJ
07-17-2007, 07:27 PM
I know it was nine hours when my brother took it in the early 90s, and nine hours when my mother took it back in the 60s.

The name change (from A-Core to I-Core) was at the same time, I think.

There used to be a B-core, I don't remember what all that involved. I've gathered from my on-campus recruiting that B-core is gone.

tinsley#11
07-21-2007, 12:57 AM
I-Core is actually a 14 credit hour program now. They added a 2 credit friday section. I am in I-Core right now for the summer.

My first of four final exams is tomorrow. Should be a rough week. The big 10 day case study starts a week from Monday, should be hell.