PDA

View Full Version : Javaris Crittenton

Pacemaker
07-08-2007, 08:43 PM
About Javaris... the more minutes he spends on the court during the Las Vegas Summer League less are the chances of getting him as a filler on a JO-Bynum deal. How about that dunk at the end of the half ??!! We've got to get this deal done now before is too late!! His value will sky-rocket. Larry get Javaris NOW!!

Y2J
07-08-2007, 09:20 PM
I'd argue that Javaris had a better individual freshman season than Mike Conley had. He's much bigger and a much better shooter. Like I said in the other thread, even if he never works out as a full-time point guard in the NBA, he has all the ability and size to become a great shooting guard.

tadscout
07-08-2007, 09:25 PM
About Javaris... the more minutes he spends on the court during the Las Vegas Summer League less are the chances of getting him as a filler on a JO-Bynum deal. How about that dunk at the end of the half ??!! We've got to get this deal done now before is too late!! His value will sky-rocket. Larry get Javaris NOW!!

There's a 30 day wait period from the date he signed his rookie contract till he can be traded...

Kstat
07-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Can't tell is this is satire or not....

idioteque
07-08-2007, 09:35 PM
I don't think Crittenton was ever considerd to be a throw in. I mean first round draft picks are always important in the NBA and the Lakers, like any other sane team, aren't going to waste one on a guy that they deem as an automatic throw in.

carpediem024
07-08-2007, 11:08 PM
I hope the JO deal wont happen.

I just don't really want JO to go to LA.

Mitch had the brains to draft Crittenton, now does he have the brain to keep him?

Smashed_Potato
07-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Pacers IMO, missed out on Javaris on draft night if they could've compromise on a Bynum deal and not Odom/Bynum you guys would probably had the pick.

SoupIsGood
07-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Pacers IMO, missed out on Javaris on draft night if they could've compromise on a Bynum deal and not Odom/Bynum you guys would probably had the pick.

Shucks! We missed our chance to get totally bent over in a trade! Darn!

Jarvaris is pretty much totally unexciting to me as a prospect in a JO trade.

Smashed_Potato
07-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Javaris is basically a lottery pick. i think you guys will get Farmar if a Laker-Pacers deal gets done. however i would not be surprised if Javaris is included if hes the deal breaker.

Y2J
07-09-2007, 12:26 AM
What's the deal with the Javaris hate? What exactly is to dislike about the kid?

Kstat
07-09-2007, 12:36 AM
basically a lottery pick? How do you figure?

Either you were drafted in the top 14 or you weren't...

Smashed_Potato
07-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Ehhh Kstat Javaris was one of the few players who could've been taken at 11th. drop the hate and appreciate!

Kstat
07-09-2007, 12:39 AM
Ehhh Kstat Javaris was one of the few players who could've been taken at 11th. drop the hate and appreciate!

Um, any of 150 players could have been taken at #11....

what does "could have been taken" mean, other than he wasn't taken?

This is like saying Kevin Durant was "basically" the #1 pick in the draft....

The_Showtime
07-09-2007, 02:25 AM
Ha you're right, most of us would love to keep J-Crit. Keeping J-Crit away from the JO's deal is our goal. J-Crit has the potential to be a Baron Davis, Chausey Billups, or a Stephon Marbury type of player. He is strong, athletic, tall, can shoot, has great character, and hard working. Those are the aspects we saw in him at his press conference. Personally, I'm about not to give up on Bynum/J-Crit for JO. Sorry you have to take Bynum/Farmar or no deal IMO.

Pacemaker
07-09-2007, 04:57 AM
We are not as desperate as you're going to be when Kobe walks out the door. So I guess basically everybody would be expendable in order to keep the "Black Mamba" happy.

Mourning
07-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Ha you're right, most of us would love to keep J-Crit. Keeping J-Crit away from the JO's deal is our goal. J-Crit has the potential to be a Baron Davis, Chausey Billups, or a Stephon Marbury type of player. He is strong, athletic, tall, can shoot, has great character, and hard working. Those are the aspects we saw in him at his press conference. Personally, I'm about not to give up on Bynum/J-Crit for JO. Sorry you have to take Bynum/Farmar or no deal IMO.

You are crazy if Bynum and Farmar is going to net you JO. I am one of the Pacers fans that's willing to deal JO without including Odom in the deal, but that is ALL you can ask as far as I am concerned. After that WE get to choose who we want from the Lakers. Not the other way around.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

GenlHooker
07-09-2007, 08:29 AM
aw come on ain't this deal dead yet!

The_Showtime
07-09-2007, 09:01 AM
You are crazy if Bynum and Farmar is going to net you JO. I am one of the Pacers fans that's willing to deal JO without including Odom in the deal, but that is ALL you can ask as far as I am concerned. After that WE get to choose who we want from the Lakers. Not the other way around.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:
Well I mean Bynum/Farmar/Kwame as the main piece for JO with fillers of course. But I like the deal to exclude J-Crit. As a Lakers fan, I already fell in love with this guy. He has such a great character, lots of talent, and very hard working. Those are the signs of someone who is going to be a star or a at least a decent player in this league. Sorry you can take anybody on our rosters, including future draft picks, Cindy Crawford, Jessica Albert, or any hot celebrity chicks you want, BUT LO and J-Crit are off the deal. :happydanc

Speed
07-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Well I mean Bynum/Farmar/Kwame as the main piece for JO with fillers of course. But I like the deal to exclude J-Crit. As a Lakers fan, I already fell in love with this guy. He has such a great character, lots of talent, and very hard working. Those are the signs of someone who is going to be a star or a at least a decent player in this league. Sorry you can take anybody on our rosters, including future draft picks, Cindy Crawford, Jessica Albert, or any hot celebrity chicks you want, BUT LO and J-Crit are off the deal. :happydanc

That's alot of love for a 19 pick thats, what 2 weeks into being drafted. I didn't see his numbers so far, what is he putting up. Keep in mind summer league means next to nothing.

The_Showtime
07-09-2007, 09:21 AM
That's alot of love for a 19 pick thats, what 2 weeks into being drafted. I didn't see his numbers so far, what is he putting up. Keep in mind summer league means next to nothing.

18pts/4rbs/2ast/2stl/1blk of only 25mins of playing time, COMING OFF the BENCH, while going for 8-13 (all high percentage shot), INCLUDING A GAME-WINNER at the very end. He was the best player on the court in that game!

I don't know, but I'm hype up about this guy. He has a bright future in this league, moreso than Jordan Farmar. I'm not surprise if J-Crit starts for the Lakers and put up a decent 15-4-4 in his rookie year. He has all the tool and is capable of being the 2nd scoring option that we're desperately needed on our team.

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2007/games/boxscore.jsp?gameId=1520700010

Trader Joe
07-09-2007, 09:26 AM
18pts/4rbs/2ast/2stl/1blk of only 25mins of playing time, COMING OFF the BENCH, while going for 8-13 (all high percentage shot), INCLUDING A GAME-WINNER at the very end. He was the best player on the court in that game!

I don't know, but I'm hype up about this guy. He has a bright future in this league, moreso than Jordan Farmar. I'm not surprise if J-Crit starts for the Lakers and put up a decent 15-4-4 in his rookie year. He has all the tool and is capable of being the 2nd scoring option that we're desperately needed on our team.

For crying out loud people its summer league. It is pretty much the worst predictor of NBA success around. The only purpose it serves is to tide you over in the middle of summer during the basketball drought. Crittenton could go out and drop 50 tomorrow and it would change the fact that it was in summer league.

Speed
07-09-2007, 09:35 AM

Thanks for the report, I would say this to any Pacer fan as well, it's good to be excited, but um well, um, just know I really put about zero stock in summer league, for good or bad, but it will be interesting to watch all of the young fellas.

Rajah Brown
07-09-2007, 09:47 AM
As Mo Cheeks reminded us all the other day when pooh-poohing Oden's
mediocre showing in Las Vegas the other day as meaningless, "I
remember when Greg Ostertag dominated Tim Duncan in his first
Summer League game."

Nuff said.

naptownmenace
07-09-2007, 10:08 AM
I know that people like to downplay Summer League but several players have played well during the games and gone on to have improved play during the regular season.

Zach Randolph dominated the summer leagues and then went on to have an All-Star season. Richard Jefferson exploded during the summer leagues and it carried over into the season. Udonis Haslem, Raja Bell, Jeff Foster all became starters after excelling during the summer league.

I also think that if a player struggles to dominate the lower quality players of the Summer League, it can be an indication of how they might struggle during their upcoming season. Most lottery picks have done well (Deron Williams, Tyrus Thomas) but those that didn't went on to have a tough or disappointing rookie season as well (Stromile Swift and Darius Miles come to mind).

Bender had one good Summer League after his rookie season but played like crap in the following two or three. Darko struggled in his (although he did block a lot of shots) and went on to have an uneventful rookie season. Granger struggled last year and it carried over to his play during the first half of the regular season.

So the summer league may not be the end all be all but I can't think of one player who played lights out basketball in the Summer Leagues that didn't go on to have at least an improved (or decent rookie) regular season.

The_Showtime
07-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Okay guys, I know it's the friggin Summer League so having big stat means nothing. But when you actually watch the way he plays, you will simply be amaze. He shows sign of greatness and clutch on the court. He brings the energy and solid all around game to keep the game close.

Most people project him to be a lottery pick in the draft, but it ended up with a big steal. I think if it wasn't for the amount of good big men coming out of this draft, J-Crit is easily a top 10 pick. A lot of people overlooking this guy in the draft and I don't know why.

I tell you something, if you look at most of the good PGs in this league, they're all have two things in common, they're either very strong or very quick and fast. Guess what? J-Crit is very strong and he is very quick.

On the court in this game, he shows how easily he gets pass his opponent. And adding with his amazing, NBA body-ready, strength, it almost impossible to defend him. The only thing that might not make him a star in this league is the mental part (This happens to most player, ok ie Kwame Brown). But so far, he shows toughness and aggression, which is a sign that he is not going to back down from a challenge. Overall, I believe he is ready for the mental part and already has the skill to go along with his ready mentality.

Kegboy
07-09-2007, 10:18 AM
So the summer league may not be the end all be all but I can't think of one player who played lights out basketball in the Summer Leagues that didn't go on to have at least an improved (or decent rookie) regular season.

Skita.

Slick Pinkham
07-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Yes Skita was a summer league MVP scoring 26 or so ppg. John Lucas III was a summer league MVP last year and could never get close to cracking a pretty weak PG rotation for the Rockets.

there might be other examples, but those are two big ones.

JayRedd
07-09-2007, 12:22 PM

I was basically a 2nd Rounder.

I had a verbal commitment from Popavich to take me at #58 sight-unseen, but he ended up trading the pick to Toronto. Looks like I'm keeping my day-job instead.

eldubious
07-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Brandan Wright comes to mind as a player who could have been drafted and signed for another team. Teams are doing this to circumvent the "cant' trade consecutive draft picks" rule.

Naptown_Seth
07-09-2007, 05:22 PM
I know that people like to downplay Summer League but several players have played well during the games and gone on to have improved play during the regular season.

Zach Randolph dominated the summer leagues and then went on to have an All-Star season. Richard Jefferson exploded during the summer leagues and it carried over into the season. Udonis Haslem, Raja Bell, Jeff Foster all became starters after excelling during the summer league.

I also think that if a player struggles to dominate the lower quality players of the Summer League, it can be an indication of how they might struggle during their upcoming season. Most lottery picks have done well (Deron Williams, Tyrus Thomas) but those that didn't went on to have a tough or disappointing rookie season as well (Stromile Swift and Darius Miles come to mind).

Bender had one good Summer League after his rookie season but played like crap in the following two or three. Darko struggled in his (although he did block a lot of shots) and went on to have an uneventful rookie season. Granger struggled last year and it carried over to his play during the first half of the regular season.

Exactly. People threw out Harrison having a good game vs Bogut, but so did Edwards once David sat down. That indicated that Bogut wasn't ready, not that Harrison was.

You can see the truth and still misunderstand it. You have to watch the games and the plays to put perspective on it. In today's Pacers game there were guys scoring for Indy on pure slop. Bouncing off guys and just flinging the ball up, all sorts of junk. Few players on either team showed NBA caliber moves.

So a summer BOX SCORE is worthless, but seeing the players in action as they get those stats has merit.

That Shannon Brown dunk - not impressive to me because all he did was split some non-NBA caliber slow defenders which left the lane wide open for a dunk contest effort. The guy at the rim moved aside even.

gng930
07-09-2007, 07:37 PM
To fellow Laker fans -

You have to give to get. I loved the Crit pick before he even played his first SPL game. However, as many of the Pacers fans have pointed out - it's an SPL game. Von freakin' Wafer was tearing it up in his first year as well. Kareem Rush had a game-winning shot followed by a game-clinching block in his first SPL game.

Crit might be the cost of being able to keep LO. Between the two, it's no contest.

Y2J
07-10-2007, 05:34 AM

I believe he's implying that Javaris was a top-14 talent in his draft, which is the exact same thing you tried to shove down our throats regarding Carlos Delfino. (actually top-13, no Bobcats at the time) The difference is, you were waaaay off and I'm not so sure the Laker fans are way off about Javaris.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9994/jchs0.png

What bugs me is, he's considered such a huge risk because he may not be able to run the point in the NBA. Yet they fail to mention that, even if he can't be a full-time point, at 6'5" 198 lb. and growing (he's only 19 after all) he has the size and skills to be a great shooting guard. His playmaking/handling may be sub-par for a point guard, but it'd be a strength as a shooting guard. He's basically Marquis Daniels with a great shooting touch, and at 19, the sky's the limit. We need a young guard like him badly. I'd love a deal for Bynum and Javaris, two potentially great players, one a big man, one a guard. DO the deal, play all the young guys, then we can pick up Mayo, Rose, or Gordon in the Draft. We'd then be set in talent for the next decade or more.

Rose/Mayo/Gordon
Crittenton
Granger
Diogu
Bynum

6th Man: Shawne Williams

That's a young team with enough talent to be a playoff team in 2 seasons and a championship contender in 4-5. And that's just the young guys.

The_Showtime
07-10-2007, 10:43 PM
To fellow Laker fans -

You have to give to get. I loved the Crit pick before he even played his first SPL game. However, as many of the Pacers fans have pointed out - it's an SPL game. Von freakin' Wafer was tearing it up in his first year as well. Kareem Rush had a game-winning shot followed by a game-clinching block in his first SPL game.

Crit might be the cost of being able to keep LO. Between the two, it's no contest.
I know but I hate the idea of giving up both young, potential all-star in this league in Andrew Bynum and J-Crit. Man...I can't tell how much I was impress with his skill. He could be easily be a D-Wade type of player in this little video of him in HS.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/video.asp?pkey=12864&section=bbrecruit&vidtype=prospect&vidid=63782

This type of move is like a D-Wade's move to tell the truth. I hope the Walsh and Bird dumb enough and accept Farmar instead of J-Crit :happydanc .

Kstat
07-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Marcus Banks looked a lot like the next Michael Jordan last night....

The_Showtime
07-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Marcus Banks looked a lot like the next Michael Jordan last night....
It is not about the stat, it is about how he did it. It is about the skill he displays, they way runs the court, the way he passes, the way he handles the ball. Then his incredible athleticism, his anticipation for the ball, his acrobatic move. Those are the things you can't teach.

Kstat
07-10-2007, 10:54 PM
It is not about the stat, it is about how he did it. It is about the skill he displays, they way runs the court, the way he passes, the way he handles the ball. Then his incredible athleticism, his anticipation for the ball, his acrobatic move. Those are the things you can't teach.

For the record, Rodney Stuckey played a lot like Dwayne Wade his first 2 summer league games. Had the jumper, the slashing ability, and the willingness to charge in and draw contact.

That doesn't mean I think he'll ever play like Wade in the NBA, or that I'd go around calling a rookie with zero NBA experience "the next Wade." That would be embarrassing.

If you like Crittenton, fine. But you're not going to win any arguments by comparing a kid with one year of college experience to an NBA Finals MVP, based off some summer league games.

Being able to pull off moves against guys who will be bagging groceries in 6 months, and doing it in an NBA game is completely different.

rexnom
07-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Wait...Banks or J-Crit...?

The_Showtime
07-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Wait...Banks or J-Crit...?
J-Crit of course. Bank has some but his skill is limit. He is not a playmaker nor is he a high flying, high light material. J-Crit has the moves that could make him a superstar in this league.

Kstat
07-10-2007, 10:58 PM
J-Crit of course. Bank has some but his skill is limit. He is not a playmaker nor is he a high flying, high light material.

...like James White, you mean?

I'd take him over Crittenton in a dunk contest any day....

The_Showtime
07-10-2007, 11:05 PM
For the record, Rodney Stuckey played a lot like Dwayne Wade his first 2 summer league games. Had the jumper, the slashing ability, and the willingness to charge in and draw contact.

That doesn't mean I think he'll ever play like Wade in the NBA, or that I'd go around calling a rookie with zero NBA experience "the next Wade." That would be embarrassing.

If you like Crittenton, fine. But you're not going to win any arguments by comparing a kid with one year of college experience to an NBA Finals MVP, based off some summer league games.

Being able to pull off moves against guys who will be bagging groceries in 6 months, and doing it in an NBA game is completely different.
Well I'm not comparing J-Crit to D-Wade's level. I'm comparing the similarity of his skillset to D-Wade. True, most of the guys show flash of brilliant in HS, College, Summer League level, but once they get into the NBA, they become a bump. I don't think that will happens to J-Crit. One of that main reason is J-Crit has the work ethic and the character to be good in this league, along with his skill. He has the creativity in his ball handler skill, that could separate him from a number of ex-potential star in the league (ie Jame Whites, Marcus Bank, Rodney Stuckey, etc..).

Kstat
07-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Well I'm not comparing ___ to ___ level. I'm comparing the similarity of his skillset to ____. True, most of the guys show flash of brilliant in HS, College, Summer League level, but once they get into the NBA, they become a bump. I don't think that will happens to ___. One of that main reason is ___ has the work ethic and the character to be good in this league, along with his skill.

basically, you're saying what any agent of any 1st round pick would say at this point.

that could separate him from a number of ex-potential star in the league (ie Jame Whites, Marcus Bank, Rodney Stuckey, etc..).

:laugh:

All of a sudden...

Crittenton=potential

Stuckey=ex-potential

the draft was a month ago, and it's already been determined...

BobbyMac
07-10-2007, 11:23 PM
I stiill don't see anyone in a laker uniform that is worth JO...nor 2 of them, nor 3 of them....we're better off with JO than any of these wanna be's....

The_Showtime
07-10-2007, 11:29 PM
I stiill don't see anyone in a laker uniform that is worth JO...nor 2 of them, nor 3 of them....we're better off with JO than any of these wanna be's....
True that. I rather us stink up another season just to see how Bynum and J-Crit develop. And good luck with O'neal. The next you know, he could turns into becoming a Antoine Walker, or a Shareef Adul Rashim. Most of the guys draft in '96 are on declining right now, but good luck on keeping your franchise player though. lol

All of a sudden...

Crittenton=potential

Stuckey=ex-potential

the draft was a month ago, and it's already been determined...
Dude, as long as those guys are still young, the label of "potential" is still there. It takes Jermaine O'neal 3 to 4 years for him to finally blossom. It takes Mcgrady 2-3 to become where he is today. It takes Billups a good junk of seasons to be where he is today. The potential is there, but is the mentality to be good is there too? Not in a lot of these ex-potential players, but J-Crit is a different story. This guy is for real.

Kstat
07-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Dude, as long as those guys are still young, the label of "potential" is still there. It takes Jermaine O'neal 3 to 4 years for him to finally blossom. It takes Mcgrady 2-3 to become where he is today. It takes Billups a good junk of seasons to be where he is today. The potential is there, but is the mentality to be good is there too? Not in a lot of these ex-potential players, but J-Crit is a different story. This guy is for real.

...and yet, Stuckey has already been labeled an "ex-potential" guy....

Y2J
07-10-2007, 11:36 PM
I'd take Javaris over Stuckey. Stuckey was a big fish in a small pond at Eastern Washington. Javaris came in as an 18 year old and lit up the best conference in the country, the ACC.

The_Showtime
07-10-2007, 11:37 PM
...and yet, Stuckey has already been labeled an "ex-potential" guy....
Okay fine, I don't even know who the heck is Stuckey but since you mentioned his name, I just go along with it and considered him an ex-potential player. :laugh: My bad for my part, but the point is there are many ex-potential players that people say could turn into a star in this league (Kwame Brown for example).

It is too early to judge on J-Crit. But from his skill, it seems this guy is for real IMO. :happydanc

Kstat
07-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Okay fine, I don't even know who the heck is Stuckey but since you mentioned his name, I just go along with it and considered him an ex-potential player. :laugh:

Um, he was the guy drafted 5 spots ahead of Crittenton...

CableKC
07-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Zinnnnnnnggggg........:laugh:

The_Showtime
07-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Um, he was the guy drafted 5 spots ahead of Crittenton...
Draft position means nothing in this league. Kobe was drafted at 13th, and Nash somewhere in the mid 15-20, and those guys become HoFer.

Kstat
07-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Draft position means nothing in this league. Kobe was drafted at 13th, and Nash somewhere in the mid 15-20, and those guys become HoFer.

You just said you didn't even know who Rodney Stuckey was.

How can you be so sure of Crittenton, when you don't know anything about any of the other draftees?

Because you saw 2 summer league games and a highlight clip on youtube after the guy got picked by your favorite team?

CableKC
07-10-2007, 11:47 PM
True that. I rather us stink up another season just to see how Bynum and J-Crit develop.
Hopefully Kobe feels the same and is as patient as you are.

Most of the guys draft in '96 are on declining right now, but good luck on keeping your franchise player though. lol
Same goes for the Lakers and their Franchise player.

The_Showtime
07-10-2007, 11:52 PM
You just said you didn't even know who Rodney Stuckey was.

How can you be so sure of Crittenton, when you don't know anything about any of the other draftees?

Because you saw 2 summer league games and a highlight clip on youtube after the guy got picked by your favorite team?
Well I don't care about other draftees when they're not going to play for my team anyway. From the top 10 of this draft is who I remember.

I think J-Crit is better base on the experts review and from what I watched in his game. J-Crit has as big of a hole to become a star in this year draft than anyone not named Oden and Durant.

Kstat
07-11-2007, 12:02 AM
I think J-Crit is better base on the experts review and from what I watched in his game. J-Crit has as big of a hole to become a star in this year draft than anyone not named Oden and Durant.

...so you're an expert?

The_Showtime
07-11-2007, 12:13 AM
...so you're an expert?
Nope. The one that wrote an article on his game.

Kstat
07-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Nope. The one that wrote an article on his game.

care to link it? I don't see any article.

The_Showtime
07-11-2007, 12:25 AM
care to link it? I don't see any article.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=562

Kstat
07-11-2007, 12:29 AM

1. Jonathan Givony is hardly an expert.

2. THIS is the latest entry in his blog about Crittenton... :laugh:

While his teammate Thaddeus Young had a mediocre game, there is no other way to describe Javaris Crittenton’s performance than as an absolute disaster. He went scoreless and was held without an assist in the first 18 minutes of the game, which helped UNLV coast to a double digit lead that they maintained for most of the first half. Crittenton settled for ill-advised outside shots and pounded the ball incessantly, which meant that Georgia Tech’s offense lacked any kind of direction. He struggled with the fullcourt press and turned the ball over repeatedly on terrible decisions, not making any reads in the half-court and constantly making the same mistakes over and over again.

so.....you became a Crittenton fan after reading THAT update?

rexnom
07-11-2007, 12:29 AM
"Down the stretch, though, Crittenton essentially sealed the deal on why he has to return to school for his sophomore season. He showed a complete lack of poise in the way he handled the game, being called for a rare five-second call, showing little urgency when his team was down and the clock was ticking, displaying highly questionable decision making skills. It’s something we’ve seen a few times this year already, but was amplified by the sheer magnitude of this game."

Kobe would be THRILLED with that.

The_Showtime
07-11-2007, 12:39 AM
I don't know but I like his opinion he describes about J-Crit's game. Not too BS, with positive and negative aspect on his game.

Crittenton... :laugh:
J-Crit is not perfect. There is some flaws in his game but could be improve as he is getting older and mature. He is a turnover machine due to his creativity on the dribbling. A lot of good talented flashing players like D-Wade, AI, or Kobe, they turn the ball over a lot too in their young day. However their talent overcome their stupid turnover someday is what I'm hoping on J-Crit.

You need to read a little further to judge on his game.

Crittenton did manage to show off some of his scoring prowess in certain sequences of the 2nd half, taking advantage of the fact that UNLV had no matchup for him once he decided to create his own shot with purpose and make his way to the basket. He looked spectacular on some of these drives, athletically double-clutching around the hoop and finishing off the glass, throwing difficult one-handed floaters in from six feet out, and using a pass fake on another occasion to keep his man off balance and open up a lane for himself in the process. He didn’t look for his teammates all that much in the process, but considering how poorly Tech’s half-court offense looked (which obviously had plenty to do with their point guard), it was pretty hard to blame him.

is follow by your quote. :happydanc

Kstat
07-11-2007, 12:42 AM
is follow by your quote. :happydanc

...dude.

The guy spent two paragraphs ripping into his game.

You can't use this article as proof that he's going to be special, you just can't.

Just admit that you like him because LA drafted him, and we can end this.

rexnom
07-11-2007, 12:44 AM
...dude.

You can't use this article as proof that he's going to be special, you just can't.

There is no shame in that...I talk myself into Shawne Williams more and more each day...despite Marcus Williams's continuing shredding of any challenge that is placed in front of him...

EDIT: OMG...why did we leave Williams, Rodriquez, Farmar, Lowry, and Rondo on the board? Wow. Can we just trade away our pick every year. Dear lord. Maybe we're better off.

GrangerRanger
07-11-2007, 12:46 AM
He had 0 points and 3 assists in the latest summer league game. Yeah..:bowdown:

indyman37
07-11-2007, 12:47 AM
There is no shame in that...I talk myself into Shawne Williams more and more each day...despite Marcus Williams's continuing shredding of any challenge that is placed in front of him...
It's okay. I just keep telling myself that Marcus Williams is somehow going to be a problem child and get into trouble and have a bad ego. I know subconsiously it won't happen, but it's worth a try.

Kstat
07-11-2007, 12:48 AM
He had 0 points and 3 assists in the latest summer league game. Yeah..:bowdown:

I bet they were a very athletic and Wade-like 0 points and 3 assists, though...

The_Showtime
07-11-2007, 12:49 AM
...dude.

Naw I don't think so. True, there is some harsh word on his game. But there is some positive in his game. He's tall, young, strong, athletic, and flashy. Does that remind you of D-Wade's game btw? He is flashy which I think is a good sign rather than negative because like Mr. Flash, the reason he becomes a superstar is because he is very flashy. The creativity part is the most important in J-Crit's game. When you are that creative in your game, you become a star without doubt.

I'm not going to use the article as proof, but it is a good indication what type of players he's going to become. Like I said before, the least happen to him is becoming a decent 6th man off the bench in his career someday.

GrangerRanger
07-11-2007, 12:49 AM
It's definitely a possibility. I think he had one behind the back pass.

indyman37
07-11-2007, 12:50 AM
I bet they were a very athletic and Wade-like 0 points and 3 assists, though...
I tend to think it was more of a "Kobe showing he can be more than a scorer" type of performance. He just didn't have enough superstars on the team to get more than 5 assists though.

Kstat
07-11-2007, 12:51 AM
0-5 shooting? no way do I deal him for Jermaine O'Neal.

that 0-5 has the potential to become 0-10 in three years, tops.

blahzay
07-11-2007, 12:54 AM
The world truly is becoming a harder place to live...

Proof of this is the fact that I have to read the posts of a friggin' Pistons fan to hear a voice of reason in this thread. :-o

tadscout
07-11-2007, 01:07 AM
0-5 shooting? no way do I deal him for Jermaine O'Neal.

that 0-5 has the potential to become 0-10 in three years, tops.

Wow! He can end up being like- :jamaaltinsley:

GrangerRanger
07-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Nah, Jamal is waaay better then Jarvaris. i think Jamal can score atleast a point on his worst day in the summer league.

Kegboy
07-11-2007, 09:22 AM
:drama:

There's nothing quite like watching Kstat eviscerate a troll.

Trader Joe
07-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Okay fine, I don't even know who the heck is Stuckey but since you mentioned his name, I just go along with it and considered him an ex-potential player. :laugh: My bad for my part, but the point is there are many ex-potential players that people say could turn into a star in this league (Kwame Brown for example).

It is too early to judge on J-Crit. But from his skill, it seems this guy is for real IMO. :happydanc

:lmao:

You don't know who Rodney Stuckey is, but you want us to buy what you're selling about Crittenton? Thats rich. Laker homerism at its finest.

Trader Joe
07-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Naw I don't think so. True, there is some harsh word on his game. But there is some positive in his game. He's tall, young, strong, athletic, and flashy. Does that remind you of D-Wade's game btw? He is flashy which I think is a good sign rather than negative because like Mr. Flash, the reason he becomes a superstar is because he is very flashy. The creativity part is the most important in J-Crit's game. When you are that creative in your game, you become a star without doubt.

I'm not going to use the article as proof, but it is a good indication what type of players he's going to become. Like I said before, the least happen to him is becoming a decent 6th man off the bench in his career someday.

We can compare their skills til we are blue in the face, but Crittenton has none of the intangibles that Wade had. He wasn't as experienced. He isn't anywhere near the leader Wade was. He didn't single handedly carry a team to the Final Four his last year in the NBA.
Oh and as far as I know Wade is called Flash for being incredibly quick and fast rather than being a flashy player.
Crittenton should have stayed at GT for at least another year.

Tom White
07-11-2007, 09:44 AM

2. THIS is the latest entry in his blog about Crittenton... :laugh:

"While his teammate Thaddeus Young had a mediocre game, there is no other way to describe Javaris Crittenton’s performance than as an absolute disaster. He went scoreless and was held without an assist in the first 18 minutes of the game, which helped UNLV coast to a double digit lead that they maintained for most of the first half. Crittenton settled for ill-advised outside shots and pounded the ball incessantly, which meant that Georgia Tech’s offense lacked any kind of direction. He struggled with the fullcourt press and turned the ball over repeatedly on terrible decisions, not making any reads in the half-court and constantly making the same mistakes over and over again. "

Sounds a lot like another Georgia Tech guard (that I could not stand to watch play) - Travis Best. I still bless the day the Pacers traded him away.

Speed
07-11-2007, 10:06 AM
:drama:

There's nothing quite like watching Kstat eviscerate a troll.

Close as I can come to rooting for the Pistons is cheering on Kstat :)

JayRedd
07-11-2007, 11:11 AM
But there is some positive in his game. He's tall, young, strong, athletic, and flashy. Does that remind you of D-Wade's game btw? He is flashy which I think is a good sign rather than negative because like Mr. Flash, the reason he becomes a superstar is because he is very flashy.

Wait?

Are you telling me that he's strong, athletic and tall? WOW. With that skill set, he just might revolutionize the game of basketball. Never before has the League seen such a combination in a player.

I honestly can only think of one other player in the history of the NBA that matches that description, and it's clearly Dwyane Wade. Well, maybe not the tall part, but Dwyane is also strong and athletic. And by pointing out that people refer to DWade as Flash and that Javaris Crittenton is "flashy," you really tie the whole argument together.

Say no more, my man, I'm sold.

We gotta make this deal today. If not, we could go down in NBA history as the team that passed on a guy who's not only strong, athletic and tall, but also shares a characteristic with the nickname of an NBA All Star.

eldubious
07-11-2007, 01:32 PM
The Lakers are acquiring guards like they have none at at all. They have Fisher, Farmar, Sasha, JC, and are talking to Francis. It's inevitable that some of them will be traded, hopefully, it'll be JC. Bynum, Brown, JC, Cook, and a future lst for JO is looking very good right now.

CableKC
07-11-2007, 06:16 PM
The Lakers are acquiring guards like they have none at at all. They have Fisher, Farmar, Sasha, JC, and are talking to Francis. It's inevitable that some of them will be traded, hopefully, it'll be JC. Bynum, Brown, JC, MoEvans, S&T Mckie, $$$$ ( to cover McKie's buyout ) and the 2008 1st round pick for JO is looking very good right now.
Fixed.

The_Showtime
07-11-2007, 09:32 PM
:laugh: I can't believe Pacers fan. Seriously!

Have any you guys even watch the freaking game to make a fair judgement why J-Crit scores 0 point? :rolleyes:

His playingtime cuts short due to Jordan Farmar and Coby Karl having a great game. But when he was on the Court, he showed flash of brilliant even though he didn't shoot the ball well (0-5). Only freaking 5 shots attempt! Kobe can goes for 0-10 before here! Next, he made a couple great passes, and beat his man off the baseline for a nice pass, but his teammate fail to knock it down for an assist. Anyway he did crack up a couple nice assists. Also he displayed an ability to split his defender and showed some good sign of playing actual defense.

Man so fast to jump into conclusion. Like I hope, the Pacers FO could be dumb enough and ask for Jordan Farmar (18pts, 11ast) since he had even a better game than J-Crit in his first game. :happydanc

The_Showtime
07-11-2007, 09:50 PM
We can compare their skills til we are blue in the face, but Crittenton has none of the intangibles that Wade had. He wasn't as experienced. He isn't anywhere near the leader Wade was. He didn't single handedly carry a team to the Final Four his last year in the NBA.
Oh and as far as I know Wade is called Flash for being incredibly quick and fast rather than being a flashy player.
Crittenton should have stayed at GT for at least another year.
When Wade was a rookie, did you have any idea of what kind of player he's going to become? :rolleyes:

J-Crit doesn't have the intangibles? wahh :rolleyes:. Wade didn't show any type of elite leadership ability when he was a rookie either. And yes, he wasn't very experienced. Again I'm not comparing J-Crit and Wade in term of their career or their accomplishment. What i'm comparing is their skill and similar build. Both are tall, quick, athletic, and strong for a being PG. Neither are a natural PG, but both can play the position very well. The different between Wade and him as far I'm concern is Wade has a very big hand, long arm, and a long wingspan compare to J-Crit which is small and short wingspan.

Also I'm not guarantee J-Crit will become like D-Wade. I'm saying he has the "potential" to be a D-Wade, Baron Davis, Stephen Marbury, Chauncey Billups because of his incredible athleticism and ball handling skill. He is flashy, which is the very reason fan would love to watch him, and because of that, he "might" becomes a star someday.

Kstat
07-11-2007, 10:24 PM
J-Crit doesn't have the intangibles? wahh . Wade didn't show any type of elite leadership ability when he was a rookie either.

...so carrying your team into the 2nd round of the playoffs as a rookie isn't leadership ability?

Kobe's in what, his 10th year, and he STILL can't carry a team into the 2nd round by himself...

LoneGranger33
07-11-2007, 10:28 PM
I don't want either of these guys, not Farmar nor Crittenton. And "J-Crit"? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Kstat
07-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I can't think of a more unimaginative nickname on earth than "J-Crit."

Come on, people. T-Mac was neat beacause he was the first to do it. Stop copying his material and come up with a GOOD name....

btowncolt
07-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Stank-Bar is going to light up the summer league next year.

JayRedd
07-11-2007, 10:42 PM
...so carrying your team into the 2nd round of the playoffs as a rookie isn't leadership ability?

Of course not.

Neither is dropping a triple-double to beat an undefeated and #1-ranked Kentucky team that put your under-the-radar Marquette squad into the Final Four the year before.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney03/story?id=1531294

Wade finished with 29 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, four blocks, one steal and an array of Rucker Park-quality slams. He posterized half of the Kentucky roster and energized the entire Marquette team. No wonder the mostly MU crowd at the Bradley Center ... uh, Metrodome, began chanting, "One more year! One more year!" as Wade started scaling the aluminum ladder to cut the net. Considering his vertical leap, it was a surprise that Wade didn't just go ahead and jump and clip the cords.

LoneGranger33
07-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Stank-Bar is going to light up the summer league next year.

Don't mock Barac till you've seen him block. You shouldn't knock this jock because he's a lock with rising stock. Needless to say, you will be shocked.

LoneGranger33
07-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Of course not.

Neither is dropping a triple-double to beat an undefeated and #1-ranked Kentucky team that put your under-the-radar Marquette squad into the Final Four the year before.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney03/story?id=1531294

You, sir, are doing a great disservice to the true hero of that game. Wade's partner in the backcourt, none other than Travis "A Man, A Plan, A Canal" Diener.

GrangerRanger
07-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I can't think of a more unimaginative nickname on earth than "J-Crit."

Come on, people. T-Mac was neat beat he was the first to do it. Stop copying his material and come up with a GOOD name....

Yes, but this is the way I look at it. D Wade took his team to the second round with Lamar and Kobe has had 2 straight first round knockouts. Kobe won 3 championships with Shaq and D wade 1. Though the Shaq of today is crap compared to the beast of yesterday..

Btw: D wade was awesome his first season. I think he hit a jumper ( in which he went crazy and pulled his jersey back to expose his right pactoral muscle) on the Hornets to send the Heat into the second round against the Pacers. I can't remember much about him in that round, I know he was doing wadish flashy stuff though. I do remember that he is a reason why Jermaine couldn't see out of his left eye the entire Detroit series ( in the last game, d wade like eye guaged O'neal).

D wade averaged 16 points in his rookie season. *J-Crit* is lucky to average 16 mintutes/turnovers.

Btw(x2): We should have won that series in the Eastern Conference finals. Jermaine, Jamal, and someone else was injured the entire series. I was devastated.:eek:

Kstat
07-11-2007, 10:51 PM
We should have won the 2005 and the 1988 finals. Life goes on.

JayRedd
07-11-2007, 10:54 PM
You, sir, are doing a great disservice to the true hero of that game. Wade's partner in the backcourt, none other than Travis "A Man, A Plan, A Canal" Diener.

I knew I should have included the phrase, "don't believe anything LG says about this either."

Your boy was instrumental to their run, but unfortunately he only put up 6 against Tubby's boys.

LoneGranger33
07-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I knew I should have included the phrase, "don't believe anything LG says about this either."

Your boy was instrumental to their run, but unfortunately he only put up 6 against Tubby's boys.

Yeah, 6 blocks! That's pretty good for a point guard. Find the box score and prove me wrong, I dare you! I DARE YOU! (Please don't)

JayRedd
07-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Yeah, 6 blocks! That's pretty good for a point guard. Find the box score and prove me wrong, I dare you! I DARE YOU! (Please don't)

I wouldn't do that to your boy.

But here's one for you.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=234000055

Holy Cross doesn't go quietly in first round

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Travis Diener was Marquette's third scoring option throughout the regular season.

That all changed Thursday.

Diener scored a career-high 29 points and Dwyane Wade added 15 points and 11 assists as the Golden Eagles beat Holy Cross 72-68 in the Midwest Regional to advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament for the first time in seven years.

"I got a few looks and I took them,'' Diener said. "It's not like I was looking to take bad shots. They just came.''

Holy Cross, seeded 14th, hasn't won an NCAA game since 1953, but for the third straight year it almost pulled off an upset of a higher-ranked team. The Crusaders lost to Kentucky in 2001 by four points and to Kansas last year by 11.

"Our problem is we can't get over that first-game hump,'' Holy Cross coach Ralph Willard said. "I thought we could be a dangerous team after the first round.''

Third-seeded Marquette (24-5) won an opening-round game for the first time since 1996.

Diener, a 6-foot-1 guard who scored 17 points in the first half, gave Marquette the lead for good when he made a 3-pointer with 4:30 remaining.

Diener spent most of the season behind leading scorers Wade and Robert Jackson, who only scored four points. Diener said he was bothered by shin splints, though it wasn't noticeable on the floor.

"I had a couple of days of rest and it felt good last night,'' Diener said. "I think the rest was the best thing for it.''

He bested his previous high of 21 and went 6-for-7 from the 3-point line. Wade added a running layup to make it 62-58, giving the Golden Eagles the cushion they needed. Wade, the Conference USA player of the year, went 4-for-11 from the floor but made all seven of his free throws.

The Crusaders (26-5) struggled in that department, going 15-for-25 from the line while Marquette was 19-for-23.

But Holy Cross pulled to 64-62 with just under a minute left after a baseline jumper by Jave Meade. Diener answered again with another basket, and the Golden Eagles pushed their lead to 68-62.

Tim Szatko hit a 3-pointer for Holy Cross with 12 seconds left to make it 68-65 but that was as close as it would get.

Szatko led the Crusaders with 16 points, Lufkin had 13 and Patrick Whearty 12.

Those three helped Holy Cross, wearing white headbands, punish Marquette inside. Holy Cross outscored the Golden Eagles 32-18 in the paint.
Holy Cross also sank five 3-pointers, rarely settling for a mid-range jumper. The Crusaders were cheered on by Pacers forward Ron Artest, in a purple tank top and yellow Pacers bucket cap.

Diener though, hurt them from outside. He hit consecutive 3s early in the first half to give Marquette a 14-9 lead. The Golden Eagles led 29-25 at the half.

"He's so underrated for what he does for our team,'' Wade said. "He's so tough and gutsy.''

Marquette wouldn't lose the lead until a layup by Meade made it 40-39 six minutes into the second half. From there, neither team led by more than three points until Diener's winner.

Holy Cross, the Patriot League champions, lost for only the second time in 22 games since late December.

The game was an emotional one for both coaches. Marquette coach Tom Crean was an assistant under Willard when Willard was at Western Kentucky and Pittsburgh.

"Before the tipoff when we met, all we said was, 'I love you.' That's the way we feel about each other,'' Willard said.

A little more ammo for you too:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=234000056

Shade
07-11-2007, 11:21 PM
My Lord, everyone who the Lakers acquire is an All-Star in the making. :lol:

Anthem
07-11-2007, 11:47 PM

EDIT: OMG...why did we leave Williams, Rodriquez, Farmar, Lowry, and Rondo on the board? Wow. Can we just trade away our pick every year. Dear lord. Maybe we're better off.
Because we needed a third-string SF more than we needed a PG?

oneofthesedays
07-12-2007, 05:14 PM
i think it's extremely foolish to say anything about this kid, positive or negative until the season starts.

and this discussion is pretty much pointless anyways. this deal is DEAD. Walsh and Bird are too greedy and won't settle for anything less than Bynum+Odom. Apparently they are OK with the Pacers being a mediocre team in the East next year.

Anthem
07-13-2007, 03:29 PM
i think it's extremely foolish to say anything about this kid, positive or negative until the season starts.

and this discussion is pretty much pointless anyways. this deal is DEAD. Walsh and Bird are too greedy and won't settle for anything less than Bynum+Odom. Apparently they are OK with the Pacers being a mediocre team in the East next year.
That's the cost of a 20-10 PF. JO would be the best teammate Kobe's had since Shaq left.

Anthem
08-26-2011, 10:51 PM
:bump:

ECKrueger
08-26-2011, 11:02 PM
I love the Lakers fan's 'high character' comments. This is the good thing about arguing on the internet.

immortality
08-26-2011, 11:09 PM
I thought this was bumped because of the recent news, guess not:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/6899974/former-nba-player-javaris-crittenton-charged-murder

ATLANTA -- Police said late Friday that former NBA player Javaris Crittenton (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3197/javaris-crittenton), who was once suspended by the league over guns in the locker room, has been charged with murder after a woman was shot on an Atlanta street.
Police spokesman Carlos Campos said police have secured a murder warrant for the arrest of Crittenton, who played at Georgia Tech, in connection with the shooting death of 22-year-old Jullian Jones on Aug. 19. Campos said Crittenton is not in custody and is wanted.
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3197.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false%22/ Crittenton
Atlanta police Maj. Keith Meadows told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Friday night that Crittenton is believed to be in the Los Angeles area. He said the FBI is involved in the investigation.
Jones, a mother of four, was walking with a group of people on the city's southwest side when a dark-colored SUV drove by and she was shot by someone inside the vehicle, police said.
Investigators say they don't believe the woman was the intended target. Campos said the motive appears to be retaliation for a robbery in April, in which Crittenton was a victim, Campos said in a statement.
Messages left for an agent who has represented Crittenton were not immediately returned Friday night.
Crittenton most recently played in the NBA with the Washington Wizards (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=was) and was involved in a gun altercation with Gilbert Arenas (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/974/gilbert-arenas). He is on the roster of the NBDL's Dakota Wizards.
Crittenton didn't play last season because of an ankle injury. He was given a 38-game suspension by the NBA after he and Arenas acknowledged bringing guns into the locker room following a dispute stemming from a card game on a team flight.
Crittenton pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge on Jan. 25, 2010, and received probation. He wasn't re-signed by the Wizards.
The Charlotte Bobcats (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=cha) signed Crittenton to a non-guaranteed contract before last season but he was waived Oct. 15.
Crittenton was the 19th overall pick by the Los Angeles Lakers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lal) in 2007. He played little with Los Angeles and was sent to Memphis in the Pau Gasol (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/996/pau-gasol) deal his rookie year. He was traded to Washington in December 2008.
Crittenton averaged 5.3 points and 1.8 assists in 113 NBA games.

Brad8888
08-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by tadscout
Wow! He can end up being like- :jamaaltinsley:

:eek: