PDA

View Full Version : A P B - My Scooter was stolen

Jose Slaughter
07-06-2007, 03:48 PM
I went out this morning to go to work & my baby was gone.

Its a 2002 Aprilia.

Some one in the Lawrence area on Indy's NE side has my ride.

I'll be out the next 2 nights looking for it.

MagicRat
07-06-2007, 03:54 PM
I needed the cash to pay my property tax bill. Sorry.

RWB
07-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Sorry to hear that friend. Be sure to file a report with the other branch of PD so at least it can be put into NCIC if you have the numbers.

I'd also check my homeowners insurance to see if it maybe covered on that policy if you didn't have specific insurance for the scooter.

Jose Slaughter
07-06-2007, 09:34 PM
I wonder how many scooters MR has to "re-po" in order to pay the tax bill on that castle he calls a summer home?

RWB - thanks, I called the Lawrence Police first thing, they were out in less than 5 minutes. I was rather impressed.

I do have full coverage on the scooter & the insurance dude has fed ex'd the proper paperwork. They do need to wait 30 days to see if its recovered. Magic Rats comments aside, I have a pretty good idea who made off with it.

Robertmto
07-06-2007, 09:36 PM
I wonder how many scooters MR has to "re-po" in order to pay the tax bill on that castle he calls a summer home?

RWB - thanks, I called the Lawrence Police first thing, they were out in less than 5 minutes. I was rather impressed.

I do have full coverage on the scooter & the insurance dude has fed ex'd the proper paperwork. They do need to wait 30 days to see if its recovered. Magic Rats comments aside, I have a pretty good idea who made off with it.

I told u, cancel the forum party or else!!!

Trader Joe
07-06-2007, 09:59 PM
You mean an actual scooter? Like a Razr scooter?

Eindar
07-07-2007, 12:04 AM
I'll keep an eye on the report as it comes across my desk to make sure they didn't screw up the entry, Jose. Otherwise, I'm a southsider, and if they rode it that far from where they stole it, they earned it as far as I'm concerned! :)

Pig Nash
07-07-2007, 01:10 AM
You mean an actual scooter? Like a Razr scooter?

I'm thinking more like a vespa.

Trader Joe
07-07-2007, 01:29 AM
I'm thinking more like a vespa.

Yeah this I realized after posting.

MagicRat
07-07-2007, 01:41 AM

I scoured the Lawrence area after the 4th of July parade looking for others. Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to hit my quota......

DisplacedKnick
07-07-2007, 06:15 AM
Check E-bay - a friend of mine had something stolen which he'd done some pretty unique modifications on and it showed up on E-bay a couple of days later. Serial # was off by 1. When he finally convinced the Sherriff to investigate there was a bunch of other stolen stuff there - it was only about 25 miles away.

indygeezer
07-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Maybe I should go to the Lawrence police rather than the Cumberland Mounties.......

(I posted on another website a rant)

A few weeks ago we put out roadside signs for beginning piano lessons (Jr teaches) and listed Jr's cell number.

One of the calls Jr. rec'd kinda bothered him so he told the guy his schedule was filled. Not good enough. The guy kept calling and insisting that Jr. teach his two kids 3 songs by the next week...they have to have them, so he said. Again Jr refused. Well the guy started getting belligerrent, calling him a dick head among the nicer things. (BTW...the calls always come in as a Private Call). then it became 3 kids and nine songs...and they really need to learn the keyboard for their band etc.
Jr. finally stopped answering the calls and they eventually stopped... for a few weeks. Yesterday, otta the blue, he rec'd two calls and in one the guy siad that he was going to shove a gun up his *** and pop a cap. there were other invectives and threats involved. Jr. has now saved 3 of the calls to his archive but when we went to our local Police dept. last evening they said they could do nothing about it unless he was able to get their number somehow, and the said, the cell provider prolly wouldn't release it either. His only option is to change his number. But I wonder if the guy wouldn't just go to the phone book and try to find him that way...he does have Jr's name BTW, and the original signs were on a specific side of town so that would narrow it down a bit.

(the 2nd call talked about how little people ...Jr' is 5'6"....really need to buy some knives to protect themselves from all the Grizzlies in the area...now does that make any sense to anyone????)

Eh, nothing I really expect outta y'all...I'm just venting. The kid is trying to make extra money and has to deal with whacko's....it just ain't right.

SoupIsGood
07-07-2007, 12:35 PM
How does he know Jr is little??

indygeezer
07-07-2007, 12:44 PM
How does he know Jr is little??

We don't know.

But then he also called him a N----- Jr. ain't black (if that is required to be called a N-----)

Los Angeles
07-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Holy crap Geezer. That's terrifying.

Hicks
07-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Holy crap Geezer. That's terrifying.

This post brought to you by FOXNews. ;)

Seriously though, it's not right and there needs to be a way to lawfully deal with ******** like this.

indygeezer
07-07-2007, 05:24 PM
This post brought to you by FOXNews. ;)

Seriously though, it's not right and there needs to be a way to lawfully deal with ******** like this.

If I could afford to have my lawyer do it, I could possibly subpoena the phone records. Although I'm not certain they'd ever be turned over to a "civilian" they would prolly have to be turned over to a court. They wouldn't risk me going Tony Karitsis on them. (and I wouldn't anyway but they don't know that)

indygeezer
07-07-2007, 05:27 PM
On a lighter note, Jr. picked up another student today.

Jose Slaughter
07-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I'll keep an eye on the report as it comes across my desk to make sure they didn't screw up the entry, Jose.

Thanks but don't bother.

Otherwise, I'm a southsider, and if they rode it that far from where they stole it, they earned it as far as I'm concerned!

I am totally discussed by this comment.

So I guess its against the law to steal something as long as the thieves stay on the northside of Washington Street.

Once they get to the southside, they have earned their stolen property?

I've dealt with your classless bigotry before, & this is the last straw.

Its very clear you have a problem, actually several problems, with any person that lives north of a certain street in this city.

I have so much more I would like to say, but I would, in just a few more lines, earn a life time ban.

In short. Your views sicken me.

Vicious Tyrant
07-07-2007, 07:56 PM
That's rank, man.

At least you didn't wake up and find a hungover drunk sitting on it.

Hicks
07-08-2007, 12:08 AM
:laugh: