PDA

View Full Version : I got on the air on espn1000 and I talked about Reggie Miller

Brian
07-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Kinda crazy,I was at my girlfriends house listening to espn1000 (chicago) on the computer and I was listening to "The Show" with Jay Hood.And he was asking people who their idols in sports were growing up,and there is nobody in sports nowadays that kids cant look up to.

I called the line,and after 2-3 rings this guy picks up and asks me my name and where im from (I was really caught off guard because I wasnt expecting an answer).So I tell him my name and where im from,he tells me to hold,I wait through a break (10mins or so),And the operator clicks over and says "Just hold on a few,brian".

Then im on the air,I tell Jay Hood that my idol growing up was reggie miller (i was very nervous calling in,i froze for a sec but I recovered).
I was saying that looking back on Reggie you couldnt find anything bad in his career.And I added a joke "well ya could if you were a bulls or knicks fan"..and he laughed.But I then went on to tell him about how on 11/19 you saw the clash of old school and new school "thug" nba players.

He agreed with me,and went on to talk about reggie and said he belongs on the list of great players to look up to.

Just thought id tell ya guys about that.

Kegboy
07-05-2007, 10:32 PM
:cool:

Lord Helmet
07-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Very cool. I'm glad you shared this.

:)

sportsmusicxboxpacer
07-05-2007, 10:55 PM
sweet he hof guy but i still feel bad now and then he didnt geta ring damn that artest for ruin it

Kegboy
07-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Um, :wtf:

Trader Joe
07-05-2007, 11:13 PM
sweet he hof guy but i still feel bad now and then he didnt geta ring damn that artest for ruin it

Could you speak in the English please?

avoidingtheclowns
07-05-2007, 11:16 PM

i'm gonna try to translate...

sweet he HOF (hall of fame) guy but i still feel bad now and then he didn't get a ring. damn that artest for ruin(ing) it.

i'm starting to wonder if this is Stanko (cue LG33)

pwee31
07-06-2007, 12:07 AM
That's pretty sweet! I remember I called in to some show wasted the night the Colts won the Super Bowl, and held my own... he couldn't even tell I was drunk!

WooHoo for call ins!

cramerica
07-06-2007, 12:35 AM
I've never had the courage to call into a radio show. I don't know why...it's not like they can see you speaking. Maybe one day I'll do it.

Bball
07-06-2007, 04:28 AM
I shall translate:

sweet

That was a particularly heart-warming story of your accomplishment of getting on the radio and talking about Reggie Miller.

he hof guy

Reggie Miller is a player that I feel is of Hall of Fame caliber.

but i still feel bad now and then he didnt geta ring

I personally feel bad for him that such a fabulous career ended without him receiving a championship ring (something each member of an NBA championship team receives).

damn that artest for ruin it

I condemn Ron Artest for taking away Reggie's last chance at a championship because Artest could not maintain his composure. Ron Artest's lack of self control culminated in Reggie's final season being lost to suspensions and chemistry problems as the team was decimated following Artest's leading role in the infamous NBA Brawl of '04.

:cool:

-Bball

Unclebuck
07-06-2007, 08:54 AM
That's pretty sweet! I remember I called in to some show wasted the night the Colts won the Super Bowl, and held my own... he couldn't even tell I was drunk!

WooHoo for call ins!

The listeners could tell

LoneGranger33
07-06-2007, 10:06 AM
i'm starting to wonder if this is Stanko (cue LG33)

No joke, this guy was my inspiration. I love his ability to paint a picture with words. That picture looks like this:

http://zog.typepad.com/annotated/images/jacksonpollockconvergence1952.jpg

pwee31
07-06-2007, 02:31 PM
The listening could tell

Well no one pointing it out. He actually complimented what I had to say and a few callers called in and agreed as well. I actually listened to myself on low volume as well. Then turned it up to hear the end since it was kinda delayed!

I'm actually pretty at disguising my intoxication. My tolerance was pretty high.

I was actually once involved in a minor car accident, leaving the parking lot of a bar, and convinced the officer I was the designated driver, so I didn't have to take a breathalyzer or sobriety test.