PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy employee(s), anyone? Question about employee discount..

spreedom
07-05-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm thinking about picking up a part-time job at Best Buy to help with bills, and I was wondering if anyone here works at the store, or could tell me in specific terms what their employee discount rates are? I know that they're different for nearly every department, and they make you wait around a month before using the discount, but could anyone give me the specific discount rate for some of the more popular departments (music/movies/games, TVs, appliances, computers, etc..)? ANY help would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks a lot, in advance!

Robertmto
07-05-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm pretty sure you only have tp pay what Best Buy paid the wholesaler.

ChicagoJ
07-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Ron, is that you? There are still job openings at Circuit City in Chicago. We could even let you work in Sacremento or Orlando during the winter if you want.

MagicRat
07-06-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm thinking about picking up a part-time job at Best Buy to help with bills, and I was wondering if anyone here works at the store, or could tell me in specific terms what their employee discount rates are? I know that they're different for nearly every department, and they make you wait around a month before using the discount, but could anyone give me the specific discount rate for some of the more popular departments (music/movies/games, TVs, appliances, computers, etc..)? ANY help would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks a lot, in advance!

The employee discount is irrelevant because you are taking the job to pay bills, not create new ones......

Unclebuck
07-06-2007, 12:05 PM
The employee discount is irrelevant because you are taking the job to pay bills, not create new ones......

Do you ever listen to the Dave Ramsey show?

grace
07-06-2007, 01:32 PM
But if he's take the job to pay the bills he has for buying music/movies/games, TVs, appliances, computers, etc. then it makes perfect sense to work at a place like that.

On the other hand, if he guys a bunch of music/movies/games, TVs, appliances, computers, etc. how is he going to have time for the 2nd job?

Since86
07-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm pretty sure you only have tp pay what Best Buy paid the wholesaler.

I have a couple buddies that work there, and they say they have to pay close to 5% more than what the store bought it at, which is still considerably less than retail.

Another big draw, for college students, is that if you work full time they give you $6000 for college either a year or a semester, I forget which. Full time is 30 hours a week for them, btw. You can only use it for 4yrs, so if it takes longer than your SOL.

spreedom
07-06-2007, 04:29 PM

Who ****ed in your corn flakes this morning? To that I say...

But if he's take the job to pay the bills he has for buying music/movies/games, TVs, appliances, computers, etc. then it makes perfect sense to work at a place like that.

Another big draw, for college students, is that if you work full time they give you $6000 for college either a year or a semester, I forget which. Full time is 30 hours a week for them, btw.

spreedom
07-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the responses, everyone!

MagicRat
07-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Who ****ed in your corn flakes this morning?

I think it was Newbomb Turk. I thought they had a little wang to them. Good, though.......

Sorry if that came across harsher than I intended.

Do you ever listen to the Dave Ramsey show?

I've heard bits of it on occasion driving during lunch. "Dave, how do I get my spouse on board with a spending/saving program? We have $200,000 in credit card debt and we bring home $25.57 a month."

bellisimo
07-06-2007, 09:08 PM
I think it was Newbomb Turk. I thought they had a little wang to them. Good, though.......

Led by their comedic and pranking leader, Newbomb Turk, the Hollywood Knights car gang raise hell throughout Beverly Hills on Halloween Night

spreedom
07-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Sorry if that came across harsher than I intended.

No problem. My bad, man. Thanks for the reply (whether or not it was actualyl helpful :angel:).