PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh. It just occured to me.

Hicks
01-26-2004, 07:30 PM
What if the Nets pick up Mike Fratello??!

Hicks
01-26-2004, 07:35 PM
What if the Nets pick up Mike Fratello??!

Then TNT broadcasts become more enjoyable and the Nets are even worse than they were under Scott.

:devil:

Disagree completely.

Unclebuck
01-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Hicks I was thinking the same thing all day. For Fratello's sake I hope he gets the job, but for the pacers sake I hope he doesn't

Hicks
01-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Hicks I was thinking the same thing all day. For Fratello's sake I hope he gets the job, but for the pacers sake I hope he doesn't

It's much more difficult for us to beat the Nets right now than it would be if Fratello took over the Nets the rest of this year. See my post above for my reasoning why.

Fratellow knows how to setup a system that fits the personelle. He'd make them play D, but they'd still run a ton.

Everyone always points to Cleveland with him, but never Atlanta. And as for never accomplishing much, taking a Cleveland team with I believe 3 rookies (none of them stars in the making) to the playoffs is quite an accomplishment.

Unclebuck
01-26-2004, 07:56 PM
I guess I just completely disagree with you

Hicks
01-26-2004, 07:57 PM

It's much more difficult for us to beat the Nets right now than it would be if Fratello took over the Nets the rest of this year. See my post above for my reasoning why.

Fratellow knows how to setup a system that fits the personelle. He'd make them play D, but they'd still run a ton.

Everyone always points to Cleveland with him, but never Atlanta. And as for never accomplishing much, taking a Cleveland team with I believe 3 rookies (none of them stars in the making) to the playoffs is quite an accomplishment.

There's a reason he's unemployed as a coach. And it's not the giant conspiracy keeping the Pacers down. :devil:

It really baffles me why he IS unemployed. Maybe he hasn't been actively seeking a job lately and is just enjoying TNT? Who knows?

Methinks if there's a bias, it's people who only remember his cleveland 70ppg days.

grace
01-26-2004, 08:40 PM
When I took the poll on ESPN.com I voted that Fratello should get the job. The only reason he got my vote is because I am so sick of hearing what an injustice to mankind it is that he doesn't have a coaching job.

Slick Pinkham
01-26-2004, 08:54 PM
I agree with Uncle Buck, in that the talent that New Jersey has is a lot closer to Atlanta's team that Fratello did a great job with, as opposed to that miserable collection he had in Cleveland.

Whether you think Scott was awful, OK, pretty good, or great,

you have to agree that he lost the full support of his best players. If the next coach is even just as good as Scott in the X's and O's AND has his stars on his side, NJ will be more dangerous than they are right now.

Maybe the assistant taking over can change the atmosphere. For example, Jim O'Brien of the Celtics was ready for a head coaching opportunity, and proved to be NOTHING like Pitino in strategy, ego, or player relations. That is pretty rare-- since usually the head assistants have bought into the same philosophies and opinions of the previous head coach and it takes an outside guy to come in and change the atmosphere totally.

Stryder
01-26-2004, 08:58 PM
When I took the poll on ESPN.com I voted that Fratello should get the job. The only reason he got my vote is because I am so sick of hearing what an injustice to mankind it is that he doesn't have a coaching job.

True 'dat. lol...

DisplacedKnick
01-26-2004, 09:38 PM
It really baffles me why he IS unemployed. Maybe he hasn't been actively seeking a job lately and is just enjoying TNT? Who knows?

Methinks if there's a bias, it's people who only remember his cleveland 70ppg days.

Well, from the rumors flying around after the Knicks coaching change word is he wants big BIG money for a long time - on the order of 5 million a year for 4 years with an option on additional years.

Those are large dollars - supposedly several GMs like him - they just don't like him 20 million worth.

Kegboy
01-26-2004, 09:43 PM
This may all be moot. David Aldridge said on SC that the new guy will be the interim coach for the rest of the year. He's looked at as a Bzydlik type and everyone thought he'd eventually be a head coach. No one thought it'd be this soon, however.

Personally, I think that team's so screwed up Fratello wouldn't help. I think they'll have to change team chemistry by trading KMart.