PDA

View Full Version : Could Jay actually become a valuable poster with a big posting coach?

Robobtowncolt
06-28-2007, 01:12 PM
This is an issue that's been bothering me for minutes. He seems to have so much potential, but can never put it together. Let's ignore any personal responsibility he may have in actually working on his posting ability. Should we all scrape together and get him a coach to work on his game?

(That's what you get for finally using your Harrison/big man coach line one too many times today. :flirt: )

Robobtowncolt
06-28-2007, 01:13 PM
See, the "Similar Threads" down below even show us all the votes Jay has lost over the years. If he could put down the twinkies and work on controlling his quick fire temper, which can only be down with someone else talking down to him all day and telling him all the same things we already do, then maybe he would have come out on top on one of those.

SoupIsGood
06-28-2007, 01:41 PM
No way - he needs to learn to stop using his hands so much.

Kegboy
06-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Jay's admitted to having ADD. If he'd only take his medication like he's supposed to, we wouldn't have to worry about him going PFFL.

Kegboy
06-28-2007, 01:55 PM
No way - he needs to learn to stop using his hands so much.

All of a sudden I'm thankful he's never been to a forum party. :blush:

MagicRat
06-28-2007, 02:46 PM
All of a sudden I'm thankful he's never been to a forum party. :blush:

Yeah. Thankfully his evil twin keeps his hands jammed in his pockets......

http://img319.imageshack.us/img319/2413/antm4rg.jpg

ChicagoJ
06-28-2007, 03:23 PM
(That's what you get for finally using your Harrison/big man coach line one too many times today. :flirt: )

Did I?

I just do that subconsiously, without even thinking about it.

Actually, I worked out a couple of summers ago with a big posting coach - one of Pete Newell's disciples.

He taught me some of my signature moves.

For example, control-S is my signature "Stephen Jackson is a streaky shooter and he's turnover prone" move.

Control-T is my patented "I'd like to see what Jamaal can do with a new coach" spin move.

And of course, Control-H is my "needs a big-man coach" dropstep.

My biggest problem was setting up a shortcut key for my Artest rant. I know you've all read that hundreds of times. Problem was, my computer wouldn't let me use the control key for anything related to Artest, since he had none.

ChicagoJ
06-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah. Thankfully his evil twin keeps his hands jammed in his pockets......

All three Tinsley fans in the same building at once. UB must've been ready to scream by the end of that night.

MagicRat
06-28-2007, 03:44 PM
All three Tinsley fans in the same building at once. UB must've been ready to scream by the end of that night.

Who are these three Tinsley fans? I need to meet them some day.

The Hustler
06-28-2007, 03:45 PM
My biggest problem was setting up a shortcut key for my Artest rant. I know you've all read that hundreds of times. Problem was, my computer wouldn't let me use the control key for anything related to Artest, since he had none.

Now that is nearing comic genius!

ChicagoJ
06-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Who are these three Tinsley fans? I need to meet them some day.

:potkettle:

Arcadian
06-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Jay is not overpaid. He makes what any starting average moderator would make and that is what he is. Whether or not he is holding back Shade is a different story.

ChicagoJ
06-29-2007, 11:29 AM
(I can't believe nobody has brought up Jay's injury history...)

:zip:

Gyron
06-29-2007, 11:41 AM
No to mention Jay is a cross over from track and field. It was an experiment of trying ot get a fast runner into a moderators position to streamline the team...But it just hasn't worked out the way it looked on paper.....He was washed up in the running arena years ago....

MagicRat
06-29-2007, 11:48 AM
:potkettle:

All I'm saying is that I know of 3 Tinsley fans (me, Ragnar and Able) and I only see one of them there.....

ChicagoJ
06-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Ragnar was there, aren't you taking the picture?

If you're saying I don't count as a Tinsley fan anymore then :tongue:

SoupIsGood
06-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Jay likes Tinsley? I always thought Jay sided with the Ron-Ron crowd.

Robobtowncolt
06-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Jay likes Tinsley? I always thought Jay sided with the Ron-Ron crowd.

That's Jay's biggest problem. His opinions are so day-to-day that we can never get a real read on where he stands. He'll never just pick a side and stay there regardless of the reality surrounding him.

MagicRat
06-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Ragnar was there, aren't you taking the picture?

If you're saying I don't count as a Tinsley fan anymore then :tongue:

Instead of beating around the bush any further, I'll just have to come out and say it: I wasn't there.

Regarding your injury history, I remember when it first started. You heard something in your hand go "Pop" at the end of the 6th fastest 200 word post in PD history. Unfortunately 3 states over someone had posted the 4th fastest 200 word post in PD history. You had to be hauled away from your pc in a golf cart and spent a week in some sort of hand splint but, thanks to the miracle of modern medicine, were able to compete in the Pro Basketball Forum District Championships the next Saturday. Then at the Nationals the following week you reinjured your hand and had to intentionally false-post to try to get ready, but the trainers let you down and you weren't able to post again for months.

Or that's how I kind of remember it anyway. Those were the days......

ChicagoJ
06-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Then who took the picture?

I'm getting senile to go with short attention span.

Between my stress fractures, two knee surgeries, a torn groin, a separated shoulder/ sprained rotator cuff and my current (recurring) plantar fasciaitis, I don't know why anyone would waste thier time investing in a coach for me. I'll never be healthy again. JO's got nothing on me!

Gyron
06-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Magic Rats Girlfriend took the picture with my camera.

Thats the one and only party I have been able to make and I was the only one who brought a camera that year.

ChicagoJ
06-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Ah... I've put 1+1 together. I'm not good at math, but I'm not that bad, either.

I was confused because he's the one that posted the picture. I assumed it was in his "inventory" of blackmail photos.

Gyron
06-29-2007, 01:50 PM
You kinow that any picture posted in this forum or any where on the internet instantly feed sinto MR's database of blackmail photo's. Hell, the CIA contacts him for the latest satelliete photos of Iran and North Korea because they know if anyone would have them, he would.

Kegboy
06-29-2007, 02:30 PM
See, there's the issue. It's not a real forum party if neither I nor Rat attend.