PDA

View Full Version : I hate road construction

DisapointedPacerFan
06-22-2007, 12:26 AM
I tell you what...where i live, our mayor has decided to be doing so much frikn road construction making roundabouts and the streets wider all at once just to **** people off. Right now, they just started on construction of East 136th/Smokey Row Road from the start of that to Springmill Blvd and now they are closing it all the way to ditch road which is a good 2-3 miles of closed roads for 3 months.

2 days ago, I was showering and the water stopped. The water throughout the entire neighborhood stopped too. The water came back maybe 10 minutes later. Turns out the damn construction people hit a water pipeline and now the water is contaminated. We can't drink no faucet or tap water now or use any of the water that comes from sinks for anything such as brushing teeth. So we use water bottles 24/7 now to do everything. They say that the water should be better on saturday thankfully, but i expect there to be more occurences this summer.

Los Angeles
06-22-2007, 12:45 AM
I love smooth roads that are wide enough to handle the amount of traffic travelling on them. :-p

Doug
06-22-2007, 12:41 PM
I love roundabouts.

SoupIsGood
06-22-2007, 12:47 PM
I love lamp.

grace
06-22-2007, 01:06 PM
I love the fact that my street is concrete. I love the fact that every summer the condo association pays someone to come and take a jack hammer to the street and some driveways to put in new concrete. I love the fact that the money they've spend on the concrete over the 19 years I've lived here could have paid for an asphalt road by now.