PDA

View Full Version : Rec Basketball League/YMCA members?

FlavaDave
06-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Two questions:

Does anybody know of a rec basketball league that is accepting sign-ups to start sometime in July?

and, if so................

Anyone want to start a rec basketball team?

I'm pretty disappointed that my gym doesn't have one.

Oh yeah, if anyone is a member of the YMCA, let me know if you want to play some pick-up hoops there.

Robertmto
06-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Hmmmm I've actualyl been wondering the same thing lately. How much does the YMCA charge nowadays anyway?

FlavaDave
06-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Hmmmm I've actualyl been wondering the same thing lately. How much does the YMCA charge nowadays anyway?

Sliding scale based on your income.

http://www.indymca.org/membership/membership.asp

Also, since you are a Wizards fan, I guess I always assumed that you lived in Washington. I learn something new every day.

Robertmto
06-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Sliding scale based on your income.

http://www.indymca.org/membership/membership.asp

Also, since you are a Wizards fan, I guess I always assumed that you lived in Washington. I learn something new every day.

Lol nope. Born and raised in the eastside of Indy.

FlavaDave
06-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Lol nope. Born and raised in the eastside of Indy.

I'm sure you've explained this a bunch already, but I missed it. Why the Wizards?

Robertmto
06-21-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm sure you've explained this a bunch already, but I missed it. Why the Wizards?

I was a # 1 a Pacer fan until the last days of Mark Jackson and Rik Smits and BMill (my fav 3 Ps of all time) but the Wiz (Bullets) were always my 2nd fav team. As a kid Gheorge Murhsean intriqued me so much. lol. Then Smits and Jackson both left and Brad was traded. And then it just so happened that Jared Jeffried was drafted by the Wizards. So its like all the stars were aligned in the right way.

bellisimo
06-21-2007, 07:15 PM
im so interested in doing some pick up games - but dammit its near impossible to find anyone that wants to shoot some hoops in this country... :(

The Hustler
06-22-2007, 03:54 PM
im so interested in doing some pick up games - but dammit its near impossible to find anyone that wants to shoot some hoops in this country... :(

Get on a flight to the UK and i'll give ya a game or 2 lol

Its kinda similar for me ... there are always pick up games around but the standard is fairly shocking and there just isnt any inspiration for it in England :(

bellisimo
06-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Get on a flight to the UK and i'll give ya a game or 2 lol

Its kinda similar for me ... there are always pick up games around but the standard is fairly shocking and there just isnt any inspiration for it in England :(

the fact that I haven't had any pick up games - let alone shoot some hoops since 2003 - i'd say I'd be the one giving the games lol