PDA

View Full Version : Best series of the 2007 playoffs?

ajbry
06-15-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm obviously casting my vote for the Warriors and Mavs series. From the emotion to the huge plays, the series result itself was the most unbelievable considering the great individual performances that paved the way for the biggest upset in NBA history.

Trader Joe
06-15-2007, 12:06 PM
GS and Dallas and PHX and SA will probably be the most memorable series of the playoffs ten years from now. PHX and SA was cheapened by the suspensions tho so I will go with GS and Dallas.

avoidingtheclowns
06-15-2007, 12:09 PM
i was more entertained by the GSW/Utah series because the jazz adjusted to the warriors style and were playing the warriors game. i found that more entertaining than watching the mavs struggle

Naptown_Seth
06-15-2007, 12:18 PM
GS/Utah is interesting and was a nice set of adjustments on both ends (like forgotten man Al becoming a big piece again).

SA/PHX was hurt by the suspensions.

DET/CLE had its moments, but too often it was ugly ball.

But to me the most up-beat, frenetic action-packed series was GS/DAL. Unfortunately that was round 1 and this year everything else struggled to have that same kind of must-see excitement.

The Spurs actually do play a great team game, but man it's just not very exciting on the offensive end most of the time, and it's not just the fault of the defense.

Unclebuck
06-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Very good question and I agree you picked the three best.

I have to qualify my answer however.

The "best series" for quality of play was without a doubt the Spurs vs Suns - I don't think it was even close.

The most memorable series was G. State vs Dallas - it was shocking, exciting and filled with drama.

The best performance by an individual was by Lebron James in game 5 of the Pistons vs Cavs - and IMo that was the most memorable game of the whole playoffs.

So I don't know which one to pick.

I'll do this -
The best series was Suns vs Spurs
The most memorable series was Mavs vs Warriors

so what is the question

Fireball Kid
06-15-2007, 01:18 PM
I thought the Utah/GS series was pretty exciting. I did not enjoy watching Dallas lose to GS.

Oneal07
06-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Dallas And Golden State. . That was LIVE

Slick Pinkham
06-15-2007, 01:50 PM
The question at the top of the poll is What series of this year's playoffs was the most entertaining?

That to me is different from best, most competative, most shocking, or best strategies & adjustments.

The games that were most entertaining to watch for me were the Spurs-Suns games.

I was also highly entertained at a certain ex-Pacer folding like a cheap suit vs. Utah, but that is beside the point.

The Warriors-Mavs was very entertaining but that was not as much for good basketball being played as it was for the element of surprise.

JayRedd
06-15-2007, 10:31 PM
This isn't even close.