PDA

View Full Version : Let The Games Begin !

DaSMASH
06-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Well most of you keep reading the quotes from ESPN and the always resoursefull ClubLaker forum. The bottom line here is that everything you hear is going to be made public by Mitch Kupchack and the Lakers to create mis-direction...you know kind of like a bad magician.

Thats all the Laker franchise is now, an overrated bunch of people that think that Bynum is the next big thing. From here until draft day we are going to hear so many different things about what the Lakers are going to do...but rest assured...Kobe wants Jermaine on that team, and has been told that the Lakers WILL DO WHAT EVER THEY HAVE TO to get him. What other player, all star player, are they going to get to match up with him? J.O. is already LA and LA wants JO....as soon as the draft gets closer things will calm down and the deal will get done....

The Pacers will end up with:

Odom, Bynum, Brown, Farmar and the 19th pick

for O'Neal and Murphy

The Lakers will sign and trade Luke Walton and their second round pick to the Kinds for Ron Artest.

Chris Mihm will be resigned to the vet min.

The only thing the Lakers will have to find is a point guard smart enough to run the triangle...Brevan Knight maybe...

That is what I believe is going to happen with the Lakers and if not...well Kobe will cry and cry a little more and then Opt out.

The Pacers on the other hand will go to plan B,, becasue their will be other suitors for O'Neal...the Lakers also know this....

You tell me, your the number 2 TV market in the country and you haven't gotten out of the first round in over 3 years.....yeah, the Lakers will NEVER make that trade with the Pacers, uh,huh.......

indyblue47
06-15-2007, 11:15 AM
DaSmash!!

I'd like to add to an earlier statement that you have sure calmed down!!;)

It didn't matter to me because I liked reading your posts.

This deal sounds almost too good to be true, but if it comes even close, I'd be one happy Pacer fan.

Now do you think the P's can take the 19th + Tinsley and move up in the draft?

The perfect scenario (in my eyes) would be the trade you mentioned and anything to move the TinMan and get a guard from this draft.

I remember you mentioning something about a Pacer 2nd move...or was that DiamondDave?:blush:

indyman37
06-15-2007, 11:18 AM
The Lakers will sign and trade Luke Walton and their second round pick to the Kinds for Ron Artest.
Do you think that JO will play with Artest? I thought he said he didn't want to anymore, or something along those lines...

But I'm getting excited because I'm taking a tour of Conseco next week and I am supposedly going to get to go through the front office part. Hopefully something will happen, that would be interesting to see...

Trader Joe
06-15-2007, 11:19 AM
The Lakers are dumber than I thought if they put Artest and JO on the same team.

indyman37
06-15-2007, 11:19 AM
I remember you mentioning something about a Pacer 2nd move...or was that DiamondDave?:blush:
It was DaSmash...but I think he was refering to that as a backup trade if the JO trade didn't work out. But I could be wrong.

avoidingtheclowns
06-15-2007, 11:21 AM
i don't think brevin knight is the answer for PG. i've read that chucky atkins won't be likely. but i wonder if earl boykins could be their answer, not a great defender because of his size, but he can shoot possibly run the triangle for them. i don't know if he could run the triangle but i wonder if you see jalen rose being signed there this offseason as a backup PG/SG/SF, he can shoot, pass, post up a decent vet. minimum. they could go after grant hill too, not to run the point but as vet. help.

if we actually end up with the deal as you propose it, it would be a major coup for this organization. financial relief + prospects + pick + solid performer in odom? i think thats the best possible deal we could get from LA and i would have some faith restored in TPTB... because it may not end up working, bynum and farmar could be total busts, but at least this is a interesting and bold move and certainly maximizes what we could probably get for mr. o'neal.

quick question... you mentioned in another thread that while the hold firm with the lakers, there could be a secondary deal involving foster, harrison or tinsley. what rumors if any are involved with that?

edc
06-15-2007, 11:28 AM
I rather have the number 5 pick of boston and Gerald Green....

SoupIsGood
06-15-2007, 11:28 AM
The Lakers are dumber than I thought if they put Artest and JO on the same team.

Putting Artest on the team period would make them dumber than I thought....

SoupIsGood
06-15-2007, 11:29 AM
The Pacers will end up with:

for O'Neal and Murphy

I agree, mainly because anything less (give or take a Farmar) wouldn't be worth it. And I trust DW to not get bent over in this deal.

FlavaDave
06-15-2007, 11:33 AM
I actually think Artest can thrive under Kobe and Jackson. Kinda like Dennis Rodman.

Trader Joe
06-15-2007, 11:33 AM
I actually think Artest can thrive under Kobe and Jackson. Kinda like Dennis Rodman.

I think Rodman is mostly an act. Artest is mentally ill.

Naptown_Seth
06-15-2007, 11:53 AM

for O'Neal and MurphyIs this before or after DW punches Mitch in the groin?

They dump Troy, get a PG, get the pick, get the expiring, get the current star, get the future star. Hey, might as well send over Phil too, and the Lakers girls.

ajbry
06-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Is this before or after DW punches Mitch in the groin?

The dump Troy, get a PG, get the pick, get the expiring, get the current star, get the future star. Hey, might as well send over Phil too, and the Lakers girls.

Yup, I don't see that deal happening under any circumstance. Definitely an idealistic view right there, at this point I'd be somewhat surprised if we actually got either Odom or Bynum, knowing this front office.

Bball
06-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Now do you think the P's can take the 19th + Tinsley and move up in the draft?

Maybe we could trade Tinsley and the 19th and move DOWN in the draft...

We gotta be realistic...
;)

-Bball

SoupIsGood
06-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Odom is a star?

Good player, but, star?

Hicks
06-15-2007, 01:00 PM
The best player is headed to LA. They can DEAL WITH IT.

Jedirekal
06-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Actually the Lakers are already on to option #2...

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/305/nba/es/desarrollo/1006215.html

"Has Kobe come to convince Gasol?

Kobe, who is spending a few days kicking back in Barca, ran into Pau at the gym in the Juan Carlos hotel, where they had a conversation.

Kobe has demanded quality upgrades in order to stay with the Lakers, and Gasol has kept the exit door open in Memphis.

"I ran into Kobe by chance; and he told me his things, and I told him mine. I'm also not going to tell you everything we talked about.""

Odom AND Bynum will NOT both go out in a deal that is not KG.

Bynum, Kwame, #19 is very attractive to the Griz, but the Lakers liked JO more than Gasol. Even though the Lakers think JO > Gasol, if Bird and Walsh want to be greedy then it's Kobe/Gasol/Odom >> Kobe/JO

Stop dreaming that Bird will rape the Lakers and get Bynum AND Odom. Reality is a Bynum/Ike/Granger would be a GREAT future frontcourt. It's up to Bird and Walsh

SoupIsGood
06-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Stop dreaming that Bynum alone will even get you Gasol.

Lakers gotta give up quality to get quality.

Arcadian
06-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Has Memphis hired a GM yet? If not I don't see anyway they are trading Gasol.

DaSMASH
06-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Actually the Lakers are already on to option #2...

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/305/nba/es/desarrollo/1006215.html

"Has Kobe come to convince Gasol?

Kobe, who is spending a few days kicking back in Barca, ran into Pau at the gym in the Juan Carlos hotel, where they had a conversation.

Kobe has demanded quality upgrades in order to stay with the Lakers, and Gasol has kept the exit door open in Memphis.

"I ran into Kobe by chance; and he told me his things, and I told him mine. I'm also not going to tell you everything we talked about.""

Odom AND Bynum will NOT both go out in a deal that is not KG.

Bynum, Kwame, #19 is very attractive to the Griz, but the Lakers liked JO more than Gasol. Even though the Lakers think JO > Gasol, if Bird and Walsh want to be greedy then it's Kobe/Gasol/Odom >> Kobe/JO

Stop dreaming that Bird will rape the Lakers and get Bynum AND Odom. Reality is a Bynum/Ike/Granger would be a GREAT future frontcourt. It's up to Bird and Walsh

Mis-Direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be so many "things" coming out of Laker land in the next 13 days, but nothing coming out of Pacerland...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!

Things were very hush, hush when the Jackson,Harrington trade was made, and the O'brien coaching decision......

So many things, and if you believe any of them...I have this bridge I want to sell you in mexico.

Jedirekal
06-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Stop dreaming that Bynum alone will even get you Gasol.

Lakers gotta give up quality to get quality.

I am not dreaming. The Owner of the Griz would like to cut costs and build for the future.

Bynum, Horford or B. Wright (with the #4 pick) and Gay is another great future frontcourt with a TON of cap space!

LoneGranger33
06-15-2007, 02:04 PM
So many things, and if you believe any of them...I have this bridge I want to sell you in mexico.

Are there tolls? Because buying a bridge is always something I've wanted to do, but I need to know that the people who use it will pay for it's upkeep. Send me a PM if it's cheap.

mike_D
06-15-2007, 02:13 PM
[quote=indyman37;562079]Do you think that JO will play with Artest? I thought he said he didn't want to anymore, or something along those lines...

quote]

I have to agree.I think if they are seriously interested in adding Artest that means most likely they have ruled out getting Oneal. Now I don't know if they hate each other, but lets face it they both fought over there roles.Artest believed he was the #1 option and Oneal thought the same.This time around they will both be fighting for that #2 option. I can't see under any circumstances how they are going to be successful unless Artest has changed his thinking since he was last here.

ChicagoJ
06-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Oh, I'm pretty sure Artest has changed his thinking since he was last here.

About 347,482,830,375,187.92 times.

Unclebuck
06-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Maybe we could trade Tinsley and the 19th and move DOWN in the draft...

We gotta be realistic...
;)

-Bball

I was thinking the exact same thing - we might be able to get the 45th pick or something for the 19th pick and JT

Los Angeles
06-15-2007, 03:08 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing - we might be able to get the 45th pick or something for the 19th pick and JT

I'd do that deal.

Anthem
06-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Other than JO, do we have anything the Lakers would want? Anything to improve the value of what we send out?

avoidingtheclowns
06-15-2007, 04:01 PM
danny or ike i would assume.

Naptown_Seth
06-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Odom is a star?

Good player, but, star?
I think a guy with a solid 3 and the ability to triple double on a given night is a star. I didn't say all-star and that was intentional. Odom may not be JO, but he's got plenty of talent and makes good on it. He went 16-10-5 this year.

I mean honestly JO only went 19.5-9.5-2.5 himself, the 2.6 blocks and all those charges are great, he is the better defender (esp the post), but it's not that far apart and JO was an AS (again).

See WE maybe don't really want Odom for this situation due to the SFs and Ike, but he is talented and someone needing a SF/PF that can play outside facing up and still get in by the rim is going to want him quite a bit.

That's why I think the Lakers probably are having a tough time losing him AND Bynum, but especially if they have to make several other concessions too. They could use that 19 themselves, they could certainly enjoy losing Kwame's deal, and I'm pretty sure they don't want to be stuck with Troy's contract.

Honestly I look at their situation and think "why aren't you doing the Kidd deal instead?"

ChicagoJ
06-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Odom's like Pippen, though. A very good "second banana."

But left alone as the #1 player, he might turn into Shareef or Clark Kellogg - great stats while leading a so-so team to a so-so record.

Not sure that makes him a star. He plays his best when there is somebody better for him to feed off of.

Naptown_Seth
06-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Mis-Direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be so many "things" coming out of Laker land in the next 13 days, but nothing coming out of Pacerland...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!

Things were very hush, hush when the Jackson,Harrington trade was made, and the O'brien coaching decision......

But you are already trying to sell us that bridge. Okay, I agree that all this other buzz is BS. But how is your stuff not "buzz" and "misdirection"? It's just rumor, even if based on some real discussions it's the kind of stuff that changes from day to day.

Will you come back and say "whoops, sorry" if JO doesn't get traded or if the Lakers do trade for someone else instead? Or will you just ignore that and move on to the next bit of "insider" discussion which is the normal mode of operation for online insiders.

Just like with Vescey, I heard all these people backing his SVG thing because of his "history of being right". Next time he puts out a rumor NO ONE says "um, the dude was wrong about SVG and didn't even mention Jim O'Brien as one of the 3 CERTAIN candidates that would be the next Pacers coach just a few days later".

I believe they are talking, I believe the Lakers are trying to leverage or have even legitimately tried to move on, I believe the Pacers could still come back and deal with them, or maybe nothing gets done because nothing, not even from LA's side of it, HAS to get done.

But this idea of "it's set in stone, I know, you'll see, anything that says otherwise is just a trick"...please.

Lord Helmet
06-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Putting Artest on the team period would make them dumber than I thought....
Exactly, but it would be fun watching them burn down.....

Sollozzo
06-15-2007, 05:04 PM

There wasn't a player on Chicago who Rodman hated though. JO and Artest supposedly hate each other. That's why it could never work.

And I agree with Indy that Rodman was basically just an act.

Jedirekal
06-15-2007, 05:32 PM
danny or ike i would assume.

Yes, the only way Lakers give Odom AND Bynum is if the Pacers help them get another player they want.

For example:

Lakers - JO and Camby
Pacers - Odom, Bynum, Najera(expiring) and 19th pick
Nugs - Ike and Kwame(expiring)

Unclebuck
06-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Other than JO, do we have anything the Lakers would want? Anything to improve the value of what we send out?

Granger, Williams, and maybe Dunleavy

Will Galen
06-15-2007, 06:16 PM

I don't want to improve the value, why should you? I don't get people wanting a fair trade, I really don't. I want a great trade for JO or I don't want to trade him at all!

Anthem
06-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Well, would the Kings take Murphy for Ron?

Trader Joe
06-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Well, would the Kings take Murphy for Ron?

Are they that desperate?

speakout4
06-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Granger, Williams, and maybe Dunleavy
We have no future if we lose Granger and Williams. We need guys who are going to be around for some time. JO and odom have been playing for a long time and will not be as effective in several years.

wintermute
06-15-2007, 09:29 PM

foster, i would think

marquis?

dunleavy, i guess, except that they probably can re-sign luke walton (who has a similar game) for cheaper

maragin
06-15-2007, 09:37 PM

An ABA championship banner

wintermute
06-15-2007, 09:39 PM
I don't want to improve the value, why should you? I don't get people wanting a fair trade, I really don't. I want a great trade for JO or I don't want to trade him at all!

that's perfectly understandable if you don't want to trade j.o. at all. but there are others who feel that it is in the team's best interest to move j.o. (whether because of contract, age, etc), and sooner rather than later. in which case, it would seem silly that a deal fell through IF it turns out that adding a guy like foster could have sealed the deal.

imo, bynum is the critical component in the deal, and odom is more like filler actually. if the lakers feel that odom is too much value to give up, then i'd certainly be willing to swap them some value back. i think this is what anthem is getting at.

Kegboy
06-15-2007, 09:46 PM

Man, thanks for overinflating my hopes. :kickcan:

Anyway, I wish that the Jermaine and Ronnie Show would be as entertaining as the Phil and Mel Mel Show, but I'm seriously afraid it would end in bloodshed. Either that or it'd be like crossing the streams on Ghostbusters and the universe would implode. :uhoh:

Hicks
06-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Man, thanks for overinflating my hopes. :kickcan:

Anyway, I wish that the Jermaine and Ronnie Show would be as entertaining as the Phil and Mel Mel Show, but I'm seriously afraid it would end in bloodshed. Either that or it'd be like crossing the streams on Ghostbusters and the universe would implode. :uhoh:

*wonders if MR has seen Ghostbusters and can deliver a pic of JO and Ronnie crossing the streams*

Kegboy
06-16-2007, 12:01 AM
*wonders if MR has seen Ghostbusters and can deliver a pic of JO and Ronnie crossing the streams*

The problem is, the only NBA personality that could be Stay Puff would be Barkley, and he doesn't fit in the scenario.

Los Angeles
06-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Shaq is Sta Puft.

LoneGranger33
06-16-2007, 01:41 AM
Dirk could be Vigo the Carpathian!