PDA

View Full Version : PD mock draft?

Hicks
06-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Anyone up for doing this? I noticed someone on IS is getting one going, and then I remembered that we used to do one over here as well. Jose Slaughter, didn't you used to organize it?

If Jose isn't up for it, would someone else be willing to do it?

We have 2 weeks before the draft, so if we went a pick a day we'd only get through the middle of the first round, so we'd need to come up with a way to speed things up. Or we just do the lottery.

For those unfamiliar, we would have to decide on a certain pool of players to vote on in the first round. Then, we'd just chip away at the list a vote at a time, team by team, and of course whomever is "drafted" is off the list for the next vote.

Thoughts?

pwee31
06-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Sounds like a pretty good idea. The 1st 2 picks should be a given.

OakMoses
06-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Count me in.

FlavaDave
06-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Senator FlavaDave requests unanimous consent to skip the formalities and go straight to pick number three in light of time constraints.

We are using Robert's Rules of Order, right?

pwee31
06-14-2007, 03:22 PM
I can do a poll during the middle day, close it at night, add another poll at night, close it midday,add midday, close at night... etc...

Frank Slade
06-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I think it maybe easier, however a little different if we could vote on two picks a day at the same time. so next up would be picks 3 and 4 Atl and Mem.
This way everyone gets to vote on every pick no matter what time of day they usually log in .

That is if you really want to do the whole first round vs the Lottery.... :shrug:

Also it would end exactly on Draft day with picks 29 and 30.

pwee31
06-14-2007, 03:35 PM
I think it maybe easier, however a little different if we could vote on two picks at the same time. so next up would be picks 3 and 4 Atl and Mem.
This way everyone gets to vote on every pick no matter what time of day they usually log in .

That is if you really want to do the whole first round vs the Lottery.... :shrug:

Also it would end exactly on Draft day with picks 29 and 30.

That's fine if you don't think guys will lose votes, or we agree to just take who's 2nd in votes, if a guy wins twice. that would make things easier

Hicks
06-14-2007, 03:38 PM
So you're suggesting if we do two at a time, that if the same guy wins both, we determine where he goes based on which poll he received the most votes? IE he gets 15 votes for the 3rd pick and 18 votes for the 4th pick, so he goes to the 4th pick team?

pwee31
06-14-2007, 03:45 PM
So you're suggesting if we do two at a time, that if the same guy wins both, we determine where he goes based on which poll he received the most votes? IE he gets 15 votes for the 3rd pick and 18 votes for the 4th pick, so he goes to the 4th pick team?

We can do it that way, or he since he also received the most for the 3rd pick. He can be selected 3rd. Then whomever received the most amount of votes after him at pick 4 would be 4th?

However you guys wanna do it. I won't put up the next poll, until we agree on what would be best for the forum

Frank Slade
06-14-2007, 03:46 PM

That could work, although I actually was thinking of having the poll multiple choice so you would concsiously be voting for 3 and then 4 on the same poll, or creating two polls at the same time.

Reason being what most people may think is the second best choice for Atlanta may not be the right fit for Memphis so you may not have voted for him as the 4th pick even if he was the 4th best player....

Other than that I guess we could just do a normal poll every 11 hours or so which should take us right up until the draft.... just my two cents... whatever works ....

FlavaDave
06-14-2007, 03:53 PM
We can't do two at the same time, because that will screw up the second pick of the day.

It's actually kind hard to type out, but just think about it for a sec. It would really screw everything up.

Let's say we do pick three and four at the same time. Mike Conley goes third, no problem. But what of the fourth pick? Would we get an accurate poll of who PD wants at the four slot? No, you would be getting the opinion only of the people who assumed Mike would go third.

Everyone else's vote would not be accurate.

If I assumed Corey Brewer went third, I take him off the list for four. But if he is available at four, clearly I want to take him fourth. But I can't.

Also, the people who vote Mike Conley with the fourth pick have their vote thrown out, too.

The 'two votes' thing doesn't work, either. If I vote Conley and Brewer, that doesn't take into account that I want Conley taken first. It also means that I only have one vote next round, whereas someone who voted for two people not named Conley for pick four now effectively has two votes.

It's kinda chaos. I guess it really doesn't matter, but if you want it to work it has to be one pick at a time.

pwee31
06-14-2007, 03:56 PM
I'll just stick with what I had planned from the get go. You should be able to log in within the 9-12 hour spans... at least I hope

FlavaDave
06-14-2007, 04:10 PM
The two "shifts" on PD are daytime during work, and nightime before bed, right?

If you made the switches at noon and 10PM, most people would get a healthy shot at both I would think.

pwee31
06-14-2007, 04:25 PM
I'll try to make it as close to those periods as possible