PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Pacers Digest Forum Awards - Best Non-Pacer Fan - DisplacedKnick !

Hicks
06-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Nominees:

DisplacedKnick
Fool
grace
Kstat
Robertmto

Arcadian
06-14-2007, 02:46 PM
In reality every year I'd vote for DK, but I thought I'd mix it up.

RWB
06-14-2007, 03:01 PM

Yep, and KStat is right there as well and with the common sense postings by Fool you'd expect maybe a moderator for a Piston's board.

Grace is a closet Pacer fan so I had to go with Mto.

Gyron
06-14-2007, 03:41 PM
I still think Grace is a pacers fan at heart, so I'm going with DK this year.

Robertmto
06-14-2007, 04:04 PM
I just wanna not be last again...

ChicagoJ
06-14-2007, 04:13 PM
How did ajbry not get enough nominations?

Or certain of our Lithuanian friends who disappeared a few months ago.

I'm not voting out of protest. ;)

bellisimo
06-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Fool isn't a Pacers fan?...must've missed something :)

grace
06-14-2007, 05:15 PM
I still think Grace is a pacers fan at heart.

You wanna bet?

grace
06-14-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm not voting out of protest. ;)

I'll give you a :cookie: if you vote for me. No one likes to get skunked. :(

ChicagoJ
06-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Good point. But there are a lot of carbs in that cookie.

SoupIsGood
06-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Voted for DK. He posted a lot this year, and always knows what he is talking about. K and Fool didn't post much this year.

Pig Nash
06-14-2007, 06:20 PM
I voted for MTO because I like him.

bellisimo
06-14-2007, 06:30 PM
I voted for MTO - cause once Arenas is gone...he's as good a Pacer fan as any other Wizard fan :)

grace
06-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Good point. But there are a lot of carbs in that cookie.

Would you like some NutriSystem Sweet Potatoes with Cheese instead. Yummy!

Robertmto
06-15-2007, 04:29 AM
I voted for MTO - cause once Arenas is gone...he's as good a Pacer fan as any other Wizard fan :)

Nah we'll still have Blatche, Butler, and all the other boys.

Butthe Ps are startin to grow on me. Bye Bye JO!!!!

Mourning
06-15-2007, 06:11 AM

True! Though all the others deserve honourable mentions aswell. This year
I have to give Grace some love too for her irrational, Bulls-loving posts :D. So, with that said I'm voting Grace this year.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

ABADays
06-15-2007, 12:07 PM
I would have liked to voted for one - but I can't. DK and Kstat are absolutely dead even in my mind. Give 'em half a cookie each from me.

grace
06-15-2007, 12:29 PM
True! Though all the others deserve honourable mentions aswell. This year
I have to give Grace some love too for her irrational, Bulls-loving posts :D. So, with that said I'm voting Grace this year.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Do you want a :cookie: or the diet sweet potatoes? Because you referred to me as irrational I highly recommend the potatoes. :evillaugh

Los Angeles
06-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Gave my vote to Fool. he goes unrecognized a lot of the time, and that's a shame.

Here's to you, Fool.

ChicagoJ
06-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Would you like some NutriSystem Sweet Potatoes with Cheese instead. Yummy!

No, if I'm going to get all those carbs, I want a Noble Romans' scilician style pizza. But not from that new "fake" NR. The real stuff, with a vintage black and white movie/ cartoon playing in the restuarant.

:fatbanana

Trader Joe
06-15-2007, 12:43 PM
No, if I'm going to get all those carbs, I want a Noble Romans' scilician style pizza. But not from that new "fake" NR. The real stuff, with a vintage black and white movie/ cartoon playing in the restuarant.

Good refrence. Old Noble Romans>>>>>New Noble Romans/Sub shop concept

Robobtowncolt
06-15-2007, 01:49 PM
How did Shade not get nominated?

Los Angeles
06-15-2007, 02:48 PM
How did Shade not get nominated?

He lost votes after winning the "Best Non-Colts Fan" lifetime achievement award.

Naptown_Seth
06-15-2007, 04:18 PM
What confuses me is how is BBall not listed here AND winning this vote?

;)

Naptown_Seth
06-15-2007, 04:26 PM

Wow, now this really puts a twist on how much we argue.

A) also low carb now because I turned into a fat banana

B) one of the main reasons I moved back was NR (Pacers first, but NR was on the list), specifically the DDS style, one of my favorite things in the world (along with Mike Sells which I couldn't get in TX). When we first came back there was a NR downtown, I was thrilled. Then it closed. Then they came back with these weird pseudo-NRs that changed how they made the scilcilian. The new one downtown doesn't even make a DDS!

Sucks. F U to whoever made this happen in my life....not that I could have any due to the stupid carbs.

ChicagoJ
06-15-2007, 04:52 PM
When did you move back? I was a lunchtime regular at the NR across from the city market until June of 2000. (Back in my high-carb days, pizza four days a week sounded like a good idea.) Of course, I'd go a little later in the afternoon and ran into David Benner there a lot. Now that he and my folks live in the same neighborhood, I bumped into him once and reminded me of that. He told me that was Sam Smith's favorite restaurant, and for a fleeting moment I thought about changing my opinion of Sam.

Nah.....

Unclebuck
06-15-2007, 05:59 PM
I miss the old Noble Romans deep dish. My family would go every Friday night to the one on 71st and 37, watch the old black and white movies and watch them make the pizzas. I loved how they used to put the sauce on the DDS - in big globs - it was so good, but the new stuff is so bad.

I think the Noble Romans on 96th street just off of I-69 still serves DDS - but I had it about two years ago and it was like a cheap (and I do mean cheap) imitation

Los Angeles
06-15-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm with Jay - I was maybe 5 years old when I had my first Noble Romans. I grew up one block from the one at 34th and High School Road.

It broke my heart to hear that the franchise's recipes were thrown out.

It is true that in many ways you can never really go home again.

Kegboy
06-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Grace is a closet Pacer fan

I still think Grace is a pacers fan at heart

:lmao:

Guys, Grace couldn't name half our roster with a gun to her head.

Anyway, before I get distracted by the Noble Roman's talk, this award is always tough for me. These people take a lot of flak, but I think their inputs are crucial to the board. Not only do they bring an outsiders perspective, but they really know basketball.

If K were a Pacer fan, he'd be nominated for Coach every year. I'd put him with Jay as the best scouts on the board. Don't believe me, go back and read his eviseration of Cabbage after the '04 Olympics.

Of course, he get too high on his players, which is where Fool comes in. He's much more pessim..., uh, level-headed.

I love MTO. He's so cute how he loves that stupid little team of his. I voted for him for Rookie (sorry, Seth and TBird aren't rookies), but I can't get over his whole Josh McRoberts > Greg Oden, so :thumbsdown:.

Rim's one of my all-time favorite posters, hence the fact that he's "Rimfire" and not that new stupid name of his. Just like Anthem's avatar will always be Monk. But considering I liked the Knicks more this year than he did, I don't think he qualifies for this award.

Which leaves nepotism. You people all forget that Grace fell on her sword becoming a Bulls fan to try and create some good karma around here. And it worked, because right after her "Think outside the box" thread Ron finally went bye-bye. She got league pass and watched a hell of a lot more basketball than I did, following not only the Bulls but Dallas, Atlanta, Toronto, NY, and GS, and sure had a lot more fun with the NBA now that she's free of watching that piece-of-**** team we have.

Of course, if dipperdunk posted here more than once a season, I'd vote for him in a cold second.

TripleThreat
06-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Wow, now this really puts a twist on how much we argue.

A) also low carb now because I turned into a fat banana

B) one of the main reasons I moved back was NR (Pacers first, but NR was on the list), specifically the DDS style, one of my favorite things in the world (along with Mike Sells which I couldn't get in TX). When we first came back there was a NR downtown, I was thrilled. Then it closed. Then they came back with these weird pseudo-NRs that changed how they made the scilcilian. The new one downtown doesn't even make a DDS!

Sucks. F U to whoever made this happen in my life....not that I could have any due to the stupid carbs.

But, Seth...we have Double Dave's down here! They blow NR's away!!!! C'mon back, and we'll head out to College Station and get some DD's pizza!!!

Hicks
06-15-2007, 10:49 PM
We had a NR in New Castle when I was a kid too. I can't remember when it left because I think my family for whatever reason backed off going there before it was actually gone.

The good news (for me at least), is that I really enjoy the NR pizza available at the "Express" stores. Now granted, they are definitely hit and miss. In fact, going by what you guys are saying, it looks like it's miss a lot more than hit. But luckily, the one at BSU is the rare hit that reminds me of the old one (not that good, but good).

grace
06-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Which leaves nepotism. You people all forget that Grace fell on her sword becoming a Bulls fan to try and create some good karma around here. And it worked, because right after her "Think outside the box" thread Ron finally went bye-bye.

And I got no :censored: credit for it. :mad:

For those of you who might not have been around for the impaling, here it is.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=18353

GOOD MORNING PACERS FANS! Welcome to the first day of the rest of our lives. Yes, yesterday sucked, but its gone now. Poof. The time has come to start anew.

Gone: The 21-20 start :puke:

Now it's the start of the 2nd half of the season (or, if you prefer, the 2nd half of the 2nd season that Ron Artest ruined). I prefer to think of it as a fresh start, 0-0.

It's like in the episode of "The White Shadow" where Carver High was playing an exhibition game against some Euro team. In the first half the teams played under the Euro rules and Carver got its butt kicked. What's a poor coach to do? Well, Coach Reeves told his team to think of the 2nd half as a new game, the score 0-0. What happened next? The teams played the half with American rules. Carver High went out and spanked Euro fannies.

Gone: Ron Artest
Well, he's still technically a Pacer, but since he's never actually at a game we can pretend, can't we? Samaki Walker is gone and if the Pacers would ever take his name off his locker maybe the team would be able to forget him and move on. (I don't have video proof that his name remains, but in a recent post game interview in the Pacers locker room Austin was standing beside a locker with Walker's name still on it.)

Ask not what the Pacers will do for you...
Don't waste your time coming up with trade scenarios. It's not your job. The Simons pay other people to do that. Whether the Simons are getting their money's worth for that service is their problem, not yours.

Don't demand a trade.
Artest tried that already. Look how well that's worked so far.

Ask what you can do for the Pacers.
Think positively! Be supportive! :cheering: We got spirit, yes we do, we got spirit, how 'bout you! :cheering:
(Been there. Done that. Got rid of my season tickets.)

The time has come for radical thinking, Pacers Fans!
Change you avatar. Change your sig. Change your screen name. Change your sexual orientation for all I care. Think outside the box.

Members of Pacers Digest unite!
We need to show the Pacers players how to overcome mind numbing, bone chilling, (or in the case of JO-groin straining) adversity.

I've done my part. I changed my avatar. Pig Nash is now renting my sig space (on a month to month basis. I'll start accepting new bids in 21 days-PMs only please.) And, as my outside the box-supreme sacrifice I have also changed my allegiance:

GO :bulls:

For those who think me a traitor might I remind you that Anthem offered me as trade bait. http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18462

Originally Posted by Anthem
This whole season is her fault.

Therefore, I'm taking one for the team and throwing my curse the Bulls' way.

You can thank me later.

Some of you might want to revisit the part about trades. :duck:

DisplacedKnick
06-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Can't believe I'm winning this - I thought I had a very down year as a poster.

BTW - Kegboy, I changed my username because I got sick of newbies replying to my posts with "And you call yourself a Pacers Fan?"

Probably could have put a disclaimer in my sig instead (I still like my old name better even though I don't shoot any more).

Naptown_Seth
06-16-2007, 08:22 AM
When did you move back? I was a lunchtime regular at the NR across from the city market until June of 2000. (Back in my high-carb days, pizza four days a week sounded like a good idea.) Of course, I'd go a little later in the afternoon and ran into David Benner there a lot. Now that he and my folks live in the same neighborhood, I bumped into him once and reminded me of that. He told me that was Sam Smith's favorite restaurant, and for a fleeting moment I thought about changing my opinion of Sam.

Nah.....
:)

Well we lived downtown but worked north, so we didn't hit it till night, usually a carry-out. But it was April 2000. Never saw DB or really anyone in there that time of day.

But, Seth...we have Double Dave's down here! They blow NR's away!!!! C'mon back, and we'll head out to College Station and get some DD's pizza!!!
You know in all my time there we never got up to CS or Austin (well the wife did, but I didn't). :(

Hey, could you send me some freaking Taco Cabana, I'd kill for some right now (and dump this diet to get it too :D). I won't even mention Papasitos, that's too much to ask for.

TripleThreat
06-16-2007, 10:36 AM
:)

Well we lived downtown but worked north, so we didn't hit it till night, usually a carry-out. But it was April 2000. Never saw DB or really anyone in there that time of day.

You know in all my time there we never got up to CS or Austin (well the wife did, but I didn't). :(

Hey, could you send me some freaking Taco Cabana, I'd kill for some right now (and dump this diet to get it too :D). I won't even mention Papasitos, that's too much to ask for.

Double Dave's has opened in The Woodlands...I'm working up there now, so I can get those AWESOME pepperoni rolls any time!

Taco Cabana sounds REALLY good right now. I think I'll hit them up for lunch today! MMMMMMMM!!!!

Are we hijacking this thread? :D

ABADays
06-16-2007, 09:56 PM

Nah.....

Boy - when you got out of college you really threw away the training huh?

Trader Joe
06-17-2007, 12:13 AM
I went to the Noble Romans in downtown Zionsville from about when I was 6 to 15 ish with my family. I was excited when I heard they were reopening Noble Roman's and then I had the pizza...What a cheap knock off. Its really sad they are even allowed to use the name.

Hicks
06-17-2007, 01:14 AM
Congratulations, DisplacedKnick !

Kstat
06-17-2007, 03:51 AM
Rimfire walks away with another....

bellisimo
06-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Rimfire FTW!

Robertmto
06-17-2007, 04:50 PM
I love MTO. He's so cute how he loves that stupid little team of his. I voted for him for Rookie (sorry, Seth and TBird aren't rookies), but I can't get over his whole Josh McRoberts > Greg Oden, so :thumbsdown:.

actually its DJ White > McRoberts > Oden

:p

Gyron
06-17-2007, 09:57 PM
CongratS DK!