PDA

View Full Version : So I almost had a heart attack

D23
06-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I just logged onto Pacers.com to see the JOb chat and I noticed a banner on the front page that said "GENE HACKMAN HIRED AS PACERS ASSISTANT".

I almost went :eek:, then I realized it was a flash animation, and the previous slide said "Things you are not going to see this season." But for a moment I thought Larry's cheese had slid off the cracker.

CableKC
06-13-2007, 04:58 PM
I just logged onto Pacers.com to see the JOb chat and I noticed a banner on the front page that said "GENE HACKMAN HIRED AS PACERS ASSISTANT".

I almost went :eek:, then I realized it was a flash animation, and the previous slide said "Things you are not going to see this season." But for a moment I thought Larry's cheese had slid off the cracker.
I wouldn't put it past Bird to hire on Dennis Hopper as an assistant. He seemed to be a good stand-in for Hackman when he was ejected from a basketball game. It was on TV...so it had to be real right?

dgranger
06-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Haha...I might cry if that happened.

gilpdawg
06-13-2007, 10:53 PM
How many passes? FOUR!!

grace
06-14-2007, 01:50 AM
On the bright side I'm sure it would bring new clips they could play on the jumbo-tron. It drives me crazy every time he says "The score doesn't matter." WTF?

BillS
06-14-2007, 08:59 AM
On the bright side I'm sure it would bring new clips they could play on the jumbo-tron. It drives me crazy every time he says "The score doesn't matter." WTF?

So do you not believe that a Pacer team leaving it all on the floor every night but losing a large number of games would be more interesting to Indiana fans than a winning team filled with players who couldn't care less about respecting the game and the fans?

To be honest, while I think casual fans are fickle enough to require the winning over all, I think after recent years we need a team of hard workers who play the game the right way and let the wins take care of themselves.

Ultimately, I think that's what the quote is saying.

grace
06-14-2007, 11:51 AM
So do you not believe that a Pacer team leaving it all on the floor every night but losing a large number of games would be more interesting to Indiana fans than a winning team filled with players who couldn't care less about respecting the game and the fans?

To be honest, while I think casual fans are fickle enough to require the winning over all, I think after recent years we need a team of hard workers who play the game the right way and let the wins take care of themselves.

Ultimately, I think that's what the quote is saying.

I know that, but after 7 years of hearig that clip the deeper meaing has been lost to me. Thank you for reminding me. However, I still think that clip and the Rupert clip are bad luck.

BillS
06-14-2007, 12:54 PM
However, I still think that clip and the Rupert clip are bad luck.

Now, <i>that</i> I can't argue with :shudder: