PDA

View Full Version : Finals Game 3 Thread Spurs vs Cavs

Frank Slade
06-12-2007, 09:00 PM
I am missing something, ...no game thread

That was a hellacool Star Spangled Banner performance in regards to something non game related...alot of times it's dissapointing on the talent they select at these events.

pwee31
06-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I've always liked Ben Harper.

The Cavs crowd is rockin! I got goosebumps as if I was in the starting lineup! LOL

Stryder
06-12-2007, 09:04 PM
I am missing something, that was a hellacool Star Spangled Banner performance in regards to something non game related...

Yeah, Ben Harper is one cool cat. He's a damned good guitar player. I love that steel lap slide guitar he's got.

ajbry
06-12-2007, 10:20 PM
The Cavs played their damn hearts out in the first half while the Spurs played awful. Yet the Spurs are still ahead by 2.

LoneGranger33
06-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Here comes the pain...

pwee31
06-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Starting Gibson hasn't seemed to workout for the Cavs either. He seems to be rushing shots now that there's different expectations for him.

Kegboy
06-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Starting Gibson hasn't seemed to workout for the Cavs either. He seems to be rushing shots now that there's different expectations for him.

I'm shocked! I could have sworn that everybody except Mike Brown knew exactly how he should coach his team!

IOW, there's not a damn thing Mike can do, his team just isn't good enough.

pwee31
06-12-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm shocked! I could have sworn that everybody except Mike Brown knew exactly how he should coach his team!

IOW, there's not a damn thing Mike can do, his team just isn't good enough.

Yeah, but he hushed the fans and critics, so now he can go back to coaching the way he wants to.

Too bad it looks like his team will be down 3-0 (though early in 4th),and like you said, simply aren't good enough.

pwee31
06-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Poor Lebron! It must feel like there's a lid on

DisplacedKnick
06-12-2007, 11:30 PM
I think I'm glad I had a meeting tonight if the rest of the game was like this.

I've been watching for about 3 minutes of game time and haven't seen a basket yet.

LoneGranger33
06-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Pavlovic has too much confidence. And Varejao with the last shot? Poor choice.

pwee31
06-12-2007, 11:39 PM
You have a game of this magnitude, and Varejo is pumpfaking, driving, and spinning to the hoop? LOL

BoomBaby31
06-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Where is all the coverage of how Lebron is "choking" being locked down by Bowen yadda yadda. If it was Kobe with these performances especially 3 in a row and in the Finals that's all we would hear about.

Big Smooth
06-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Detroit and San Antonio would have made for a much better final. *sigh*

Unclebuck
06-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Where is all the coverage of how Lebron is "choking" being locked down by Bowen yadda yadda. If it was Kobe with these performances especially 3 in a row and in the Finals that's all we would hear about.

Not sure there would be people saying that Kobe is choking. But there is no doubt that Kobe is judged more harshly than LeBron is.

Overall, at least it was close and the last 2 minutes or so were pretty good

Unclebuck
06-12-2007, 11:49 PM

You do realize you can't do anyworse than 3-0 with two blowouts

Ransom
06-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Whoops, Varejo got a little carried away at the end there.

Bowen tried to take a foul on the floor before the shot, but they didn't call it.

Moses
06-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Maybe Detroit should have beaten the Cavs then?

I'm surprised there wasn't a late foul call there on the final shot. Oh well, the Cavs had their chance to take this game and they didn't. I think they will win game 4 with some ref help but it will be over in 5.

pwee31
06-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Foul called or not, the Cavs had plenty of opportunities to win that game, and simply did not. They still may get one, but I'm hoping the Spurs sweep so the offseason can begin

Shade
06-13-2007, 12:29 AM
How can you shoot a layup and manage to miss the entire freaking rim?

And why did LeBron, who was being guarded by Bowen, pass to a Duncan-covered Varejao in the first place?

Stupid, stupid, stupid... :banghead:

Kstat
06-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Maybe Detroit should have beaten the Cavs then?

Yep.

I spent all 10 minutes of the finals so far watching at the Cavs and hanging my head.

We couldn't beat this team?

ugh...

Kegboy
06-13-2007, 12:39 AM
Yep.

I spent all 10 minutes of the finals so far watching at the Cavs and hanging my head.

We couldn't beat this team?

ugh...

Now you know how we felt in '95.

Of course, at least the Cavs didn't have an orgy at center court when they beat you.

ajbry
06-13-2007, 12:57 AM
I hate this series so much. After an amazing playoffs, we get this garbage as the ending.

Young
06-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Even with a crappy finals this has been the best playoffs that I have ever watched in my 7 or 8 years of watching NBA basketball.

So many GREAT series. The NBA needs to have rivals for interesting playoffs.

The Lakers and Suns had another series. If the Lakers were any good, i'd say these two teams could be considered rivals.

Spurs vs Suns, they have turned into rivals.

The Warriors upsetting the Mavs. Wow.

A couple Game 7 series. Utah and Houston I think there was another one or two though maybe not.

Lebron leading the Cavs to vicotry 4 straight games after being down 2-0 to the Pistons. Now we have Lebron in his first NBA Finals apperance. Have a game, number 5 I think it was, that will be talked about as one of the all time great performance EVER. 25 straight points and 29 of his teams last 30 points! Holy crap!

It looks like Tim Duncan and the Spurs will add another championship. What a great career TD is having. I hate the Spurs with a passion, but man Duncan is an all time great. Probably a top 10 player EVER. Wow what a player.

While the Finals have sucked these playoffs have just been awesome overall. I'll take a crappy finals every year if the playoffs can continue to be like this.

Trader Joe
06-13-2007, 02:23 AM
You have a game of this magnitude, and Varejo is pumpfaking, driving, and spinning to the hoop? LOL

Varejao has simply been out of control for much of this playoffs. He looks downright cocky at times and needs to realize that one on one basketball is probably his biggest weakness. There have been probably 4 or 5 times I can remember where he has tried to run PG on the fast break and another handful where I openly find myself saying WTH are you doing. I feel like he thought the playoffs were actually the all star game or something.

Unclebuck
06-13-2007, 08:02 AM
The Finals have not been good. But anyone who doesn't at the very least appreciate the Spurs defense, is well, I better not finish my thought.

Varejao made a big mistake, but I'd love to have him on my team.

Anyone else notice that Bernie Fryer (one of the refs) was hit by a camera on the very last play. It looked like he was really injuried. Either that or he was just surprised. Or maybe he was just flopping

Kegboy
06-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Anyone else notice that Bernie Fryer (one of the refs) was hit by a camera on the very last play. It looked like he was really injuried. Either that or he was just surprised. Or maybe he was just flopping

What a pansy. The guy barely touched him, and Bernie acted like he got shot. Maybe he and Varejao switched bodies. Would explain why Varejao looked so lost. You'd expect such mindless expressions from a ref.

pacerfreak
06-13-2007, 08:17 AM
I thought Parker, again, was on at the right times. He is, at this point, about the only consideration for MVP. He came up with something almost every time it was needed. Is he quick or what?

Unclebuck
06-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Youknow what? Jalen Rose who is on Mike and Mike right now is really, really good. He deserves a TNT or ESPN job

carpediem024
06-13-2007, 09:28 AM
I think last years playoffs was the best I've ever seen.

Especially the first round, man how many buzzer beaters were there?

bread
06-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Youknow what? Jalen Rose who is on Mike and Mike right now is really, really good. He deserves a TNT or ESPN job

I thought the same thing when he was on The local sportstalk station here. He is a very good analyst and will definitely be in somebody's studio or courtside when he retires.

Hicks
06-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Rose's only real issue is his speech; he's slightly difficult to understand because he tends to mumble.

grace
06-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Rose's only real issue is his speech; he's slightly difficult to understand because he tends to mumble.

I don't have any trouble understanding him. As much as I don't like him I have to admit he's a pretty good media guy.

LoneGranger33
06-13-2007, 12:36 PM
...and he's so handsome...

ABADays
06-13-2007, 12:43 PM
1954 Cleveland Indians

Shade
06-13-2007, 01:04 PM
The Finals have not been good. But anyone who doesn't at the very least appreciate the Spurs defense, is well, I better not finish my thought.

Varejao made a big mistake, but I'd love to have him on my team.

Of course you would. You seem to have a penchant for players who can't hit layups. :-p

LoneGranger33
06-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Of course you would. You seem to have a penchant for players who can't hit layups. :-p

Zing!
My apologies to Jeffrey Foster.

Robertmto
06-13-2007, 04:43 PM

wasn't too shabby on First and 10 either

Roferr
06-13-2007, 05:13 PM
1954 Cleveland Indians

Off-topic, but the '54 Indians were the first baseball team that I started to follow. I lived and breathed the Indians...couldn't get enough of them. Great team except they lost to the Giants in 4.