PDA

View Full Version : Buss family member hints at Kobe being traded?

docpaul
06-12-2007, 12:29 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-briefing12jun12,1,5835337.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers&ctrack=1&cset=true

Another Buss steers into drama

By Mike Bresnahan and Robyn Norwood, Times Staff Writers
June 12, 2007

With Jerry, Jim and Jeanie Buss all speaking out about Kobe Bryant in recent weeks, it leaves Janie and Johnny as the only Buss family members not to voice an opinion on the matter. Oh, wait. Make that just Janie.

Johnny Buss, the oldest son of Lakers owner Jerry Buss, sent a bulletin to friends on his MySpace.com page that contained a peculiar reference to the team's nine-time All-Star.

"If you've been following the Kobe drama, I want to let you know it's not really drama … sometimes we all need to make a change in our lives and that's all it is," Buss wrote. "Popular or unpopular, when it's time, it's time. Good luck Kobe wherever you go!"

A freelance photographer, Johnny Buss is not part of the Lakers' front office and holds no decision-making authority in the day-to-day operations of the franchise. The Lakers have no plans to trade Bryant, who two weeks ago said publicly he would like to be traded.

------

Obviously relevant to us and the JO trade.

Young
06-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Probably isn't true.

Myspace is crap. Probably someone got his account password and used it to send that.

Will Galen
06-12-2007, 12:50 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-briefing12jun12,1,5835337.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers&ctrack=1&cset=true

June 12, 2007

With Jerry, Jim and Jeanie Buss all speaking out about Kobe Bryant in recent weeks, it leaves Janie and Johnny as the only Buss family members not to voice an opinion on the matter. Oh, wait. Make that just Janie.

Johnny Buss, the oldest son of Lakers owner Jerry Buss, sent a bulletin to friends on his MySpace.com page that contained a peculiar reference to the team's nine-time All-Star.

"If you've been following the Kobe drama, I want to let you know it's not really drama sometimes we all need to make a change in our lives and that's all it is," Buss wrote. "Popular or unpopular, when it's time, it's time. Good luck Kobe wherever you go!"

A freelance photographer, Johnny Buss is not part of the Lakers' front office and holds no decision-making authority in the day-to-day operations of the franchise. The Lakers have no plans to trade Bryant, who two weeks ago said publicly he would like to be traded.

That could have been posted right after Kobe said he wanted traded.

avoidingtheclowns
06-12-2007, 01:29 PM
in related news

Laker big-man Kwame Brown was spoted ordering a carmel sundae at the Sacramento-based Tasty Freeze. Obviously his choice of topping indicates he may be moving soon to the similarly named suburb of Indianapolis, IN.

http://www.thisisntremotelytrue.org/dontclickme

LoneGranger33
06-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Hey, avoidingtheclowns, I think the link is broken...

pwee31
06-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Hey, avoidingtheclowns, I think the link is broken...

I really hope you're joking :hmm:

LoneGranger33
06-12-2007, 03:33 PM
I really hope you're joking :hmm:

No, no, it seriously doesn't work...Odd, huh?

pwee31
06-12-2007, 03:47 PM
No, no, it seriously doesn't work...Odd, huh?

Read the link, and tell me you were just typing out dry sarcasm :hmm:

avoidingtheclowns
06-12-2007, 03:53 PM
................sigh.

LoneGranger33
06-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Read the link, and tell me you were just typing out dry sarcasm :hmm:

Umm...Maybe you don't understand. I can't open the link, so I can't read it...Jeez, this guy is a moron...

(I guess this time, I should include a ;))

Naptown_Seth
06-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Umm...Maybe you don't understand. I can't open the link, so I can't read it...Jeez, this guy is a moron...
He left the .asp off at the end of the link. Try again before you call someone a moron.

BTW, it was confirmed by www.whathesaid (http://www.whathesaid.;).wink
(http://www.whathesaid.;)

Will Galen
06-12-2007, 04:20 PM
He left the .asp off at the end of the link. Try again before you call someone a moron.

BTW, it was confirmed by www.whathesaid (http://www.whathesaid.;).wink
(http://www.whathesaid.;)

If WINK confirmed it I still wouldn't believe it. Or is that another TV station that runs amok with rumors?

NuffSaid
06-12-2007, 04:26 PM
LoneGranger,

Read the "link" again, fella. It reads:

"This isn't remotely true. Don't click me."

Avoidingtheclowns was just kidding. The link really doesn't work because it's not suppose to. It's a joke same with Naptown Seth's "What he said ;) " link.

Gyron
06-12-2007, 05:04 PM
www.areyousurenuffsaid?.com (http://www.areyousurenuffsaid?.com)

Robobtowncolt
06-12-2007, 05:06 PM
www.IamsoconfusedbythisentirethreadandI'monlythree shotsundersofarbecausemybosshasbeenstoppingbytomak esureIdon'tdrinktoday.edu (http://www.IamsoconfusedbythisentirethreadandI'monlythree shotsundersofarbecausemybosshasbeenstoppingbytomak esureIdon'tdrinktoday.edu)

Anthem
06-12-2007, 06:15 PM
The internet is really a medium that doesn't lend itself to dry humor.

I got it, LG33, even if nobody else did.

bellisimo
06-12-2007, 06:44 PM

I second that...
then again 99.5% of the time whatever LG33 says...its dry humor. :-p

Will Galen
06-12-2007, 07:11 PM

EVERYBODY got it! We were just having fun.

bellisimo
06-12-2007, 07:35 PM

June 12, 2007

"If you've been following the Kobe drama, I want to let you know it's not really drama sometimes we all need to make a change in our lives and that's all it is," Buss wrote. "Popular or unpopular, when it's time, it's time. Good luck Kobe wherever you go!"

------
Obviously relevant to us and the JO trade.

Well if it's on a Myspace bulletin with 900billion posts about free ringtones...THEN IT MUST BE NEWSWORTHY.....;)

Anthem
06-12-2007, 08:08 PM
EVERYBODY got it! We were just having fun.
pwee and nuffsaid didn't. But I take your point.

Natston
06-12-2007, 08:25 PM
There is a simular discussion going on here...

www.howtowastefiveminutesofyourlifewithoutevenreal lytrying.com

BlueNGold
06-12-2007, 08:28 PM
This reads pretty high on my BS meter. If they had really decided to cut Kobe loose, I doubt Jr. would be posting anything on the net like that, particularly if it wasn't public info...and it's not public or it would have exploded already. If anything at all, it is typical misinformation...an ancient negotiation tactic.

pwee31
06-12-2007, 08:49 PM

It wasn't that I didn't get it, I figured it was, I just didn't see the point of typing out dry humor, and not specifying in case someone didn't get it.

Granted I don't read all of his post to know that he's known for that.

But hey, maybe I missed the cool bus when it came to typing out sarcasm, with no emotion/emoticon behind it! :cool: <---- expresses me kidding and having fun with you guys

BoomBaby31
06-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Kobe isn't' being traded, no way. The only way he would be traded is if he demanded it. The only way he would demand it (seriously demand, not just speaking out of dismay) is if he would consult his wife. I highly highly doubt she wants to leave L.A for anywhere. She grew up in Huntington Beach hence, why they live in Newport Beach and not Beverly Hills :). If he would talk her into it maybe Miami, but that isn't happening. Lets face it, to many states aren't blessed with a Newport Beach, weather and society wise. Kobe has the ultimate L.A lifestyle, he's not going to some Midwestern or far east town (NY would be the only considerable one maybe). Plus tickets just went up again, and holders would be Pee'd if they find out Kobe is gone after just paying higher ticket costs.

pwee31
06-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Yeah I don't think Kobe is going anywhere either. They couldn't get back equal value IMO, maybe a package that fans could tolerate, or a big name all-star, but it still wouldn't be equal value to me.

Plus it's Myspace. The guy could've been hacked into, or just bored and wanted a reaction/someone to message or comment him, in hopes of making people think he gets all the scopes.

Or as someone mentioned, this could've been posted around the time that Kobe was demanding a trade. I never read anywhere when it said WHEN he posted the bulletin

LoneGranger33
06-12-2007, 09:47 PM
It wasn't that I didn't get it, I figured it was, I just didn't see the point of typing out dry humor, and not specifying in case someone didn't get it.

Granted I don't read all of his post to know that he's known for that.

But hey, maybe I missed the cool bus when it came to typing out sarcasm, with no emotion/emoticon behind it! :cool: <---- expresses me kidding and having fun with you guys

You don't read all of my posts? Now that's a crime. I would have done a smiley face, but my : key doesn't work, so you can see how difficult that would be. (Sorry for any confusion --> little to no sarcasm there)

Buss is just bustin' balls methinks...I didn't think Kobe could be traded after Shaq was sent off...

NuffSaid
06-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Scratching my head on this one...

Let's see...

Johnny-boy shouldn't be taken seriously just because he posts something on his MySpace account because he holds no clout in the Lakers camp.

The subsequent links contain "hidden" sarcasm and aren't meant to work.

Unless I missed something, I got it...was just trying to clarify for those who didn't.