PDA

View Full Version : Pacers’ Summer-League Schedule Set

Will Galen
06-12-2007, 12:26 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/summer_league_2007.html

Pacers’ Summer-League Schedule Set

Pacers.com Report | June 12, 2007 The Pacers will open their five-game Orlando Pro Summer League schedule on July 9 against Chicago.

The Orlando Magic will host the league at the RDV Sportsplex July 9-13. The 15-game event will feature the Pacers, Magic, Charlotte, Chicago, Miami and New Jersey for the second year in a row.

Due to space limitations, the event is not open to the public. All games will be open only to the media and professional team/league personnel. Games will begin at 3 p.m. from July 9-12, and at 11 a.m. on July 13.

The Pacers' schedule is as follows:

# Monday, July 9 - vs. Chicago, (3 p.m.)

# Tuesday, July 10 - vs. Orlando, (approximately 5 p.m.)

# Wednesday, July 11 - vs. New Jersey (approximately 5 p.m.)

# Thursday, July 12 - vs. Miami, (approximately 7 p.m.)

# Friday, July 13 - vs. Charlotte (approximately 3 p.m.)

A live video webcast of every game will be available on orlandomagic.com. Box scores, game recaps and cumulative statistics from the event will also be made available by visiting orlandomagic.com.

The Pacers' summer roster has not yet been released.

LoneGranger33
06-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks Will! Now I can rest assured!

PR07
06-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Are those two joe schmoe's going to announce the game again and rave about Adam Morrison? :box:

tinsley#11
06-12-2007, 12:59 PM
I hope they don't have the same announcers, last year they sounded like they were drunk half the time. They would pay more attention to stuff in the crowd and on the sidelines than the actual games.

If I remember correctly, they answer fan e-mails throughout the games also.

Naptown_Seth
06-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Webcast, WOO-HOO

I wonder who will be there.

LoneGranger33
06-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Webcast, WOO-HOO

I wonder who will be there.

Well, according to Coach OB himself, Danny Granger and Shawne Williams will be there, as well as Oriene Greene if he's still with the team. No mention of Ike (he is a sophmore, right?) - perhaps this is indicative of a man on his way to another, sunnier state? Because I don't think he's earned the right the skip it.

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/jim_obrien.jpg Question for Jim O'Brien | June 22, 2007
<HR>Q. In what summer league will the Pacers participate? What players do you expect to take part and what do you hope to accomplish? (From Steve in Greenfield, Ind.)
A. We're participating in the summer league in Orlando the second week of July and we will have some of our players go with us. Shawne Williams and Danny Granger will practice with us and play a couple of games in Orlando. Orien Greene, if we decide to pick up his option, will be with us, as well as some players we want to get a thorough look at. In the case of the players that will be on our team this year, it will give them a great advantage in understanding what we expect offensively and defensively prior to training camp.

FrenchConnection
06-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Well, according to Coach OB himself, Danny Granger and Shawne Williams will be there, as well as Oriene Greene if he's still with the team. No mention of Ike (he is a sophmore, right?) - perhaps this is indicative of a man on his way to another, sunnier state? Because I don't think he's earned the right the skip it.

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/jim_obrien.jpg Question for Jim O'Brien | June 22, 2007 <hr>Q. In what summer league will the Pacers participate? What players do you expect to take part and what do you hope to accomplish? (From Steve in Greenfield, Ind.)
A. We're participating in the summer league in Orlando the second week of July and we will have some of our players go with us. Shawne Williams and Danny Granger will practice with us and play a couple of games in Orlando. Orien Greene, if we decide to pick up his option, will be with us, as well as some players we want to get a thorough look at. In the case of the players that will be on our team this year, it will give them a great advantage in understanding what we expect offensively and defensively prior to training camp.

In the other JOB interview today, he mentioned that Ike is in school earning his degree and would not be able to participate in the summer league for that reason.

LoneGranger33
06-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Hot damn! And here I was starting rumors. Thanks for the info.

JayRedd
06-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Well, according to Coach OB himself, Danny Granger and Shawne Williams will be there, as well as Oriene Greene if he's still with the team. No mention of Ike (he is a sophmore, right?)

This will be his third season coming up.

aero
06-22-2007, 03:52 PM
ill be watching it this year just like i did last year...i wonder if they will have the same stupid guys doing the commentary like they did last year. I remember those dudes were talking all kinds of crap to people that were watching the web cast...their emails they got from people was funny :D

The Hustler
06-22-2007, 04:15 PM
ill be watching it this year just like i did last year...i wonder if they will have the same stupid guys doing the commentary like they did last year. I remember those dudes were talking all kinds of crap to people that were watching the web cast...their emails they got from people was funny :D

Yeah, i remember the last game, they read out about 5 emails from people complaining they didnt concentrate on the game enough, and should only answer mail in Time Outs etc, while the game was going on. They just said something like 'we dont care, we probably wont ever have a job on here again'

Still, i shall be watching again this year on webcast, best chance to see some of the drafted players for the first time, shame Portland and Seatle arnt in this league :(

LoneGranger33
06-22-2007, 05:09 PM
I couldn't make out who was who. So I couldn't watch anyone in particular. It was bad.

aero
06-22-2007, 05:24 PM
anyone have an idea on who our roster will be for the summer league ?

LoneGranger33
06-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Let's see. You'll probably have the regulars of Jimmie "Snap" Hunter and Damone Brown, maybe "Boo" Davis. Plus the three guys from our current roster - Shawne, Danny and Orien - of course. I guess David Harrison won't be showing up (but does he ever?). Rod Wilmont (IU) is slated to be there. Maybe Chris Thomas of Notre Dame "fame". Just guessin'