PDA

View Full Version : OK, let's talk Chris Duhon and Jarrett Jack

Unclebuck
06-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Both are available and my question to you is this.

Do you want Chris Duhon to be the Pacers starting point guard next season

Do you want Jarrett Jack to be the Pacers starting point guard next season.

I really don't care if you think either one would be a good backup - I think everyone would agree that either one would be an excellent backup - but could you live with either one being the starter

I'd be satisfied with either one - They aren't allstar players - they aren't difference makers, but I think the Pacers should explore acquiring either one. Jack I think is the better player. Jack is just a very solid player - nothing flashy.

Here is a link which indicates both are available. (I don't want Randolph, so it would have to be a three team trade)

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Major Cold
06-09-2007, 09:46 AM
yeah I just read that. Luther Head is also on the block. Out of all three I would like Duhon. Out of all three I think he is capable of running an offense for 35 minutes. Which one would fit with JOb

Oneal07
06-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Yeah, Jack is a solid PG. . .I don't think Portland will let him go

DisplacedKnick
06-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Jarrett Jack really knows how to run an offense. Won't put up huge numbers but very, very solid and a good defender.

He was my 2nd favorite PG in that year's draft (behind Williams - and yeah, unless he breaks down in a year or two I was very wrong about Chris Paul).

I'll be curious to see if Atlanta's willing to give up their 11th pick for him - for most teams I'd say that's too much but for him, with JJ, Smith and Williams I think it would be a good move - at some point you have to move from stockpiling talent to putting together a team (you reading this Isiah?).

beast23
06-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Jack is certainly the safer choice, and is a much more rounded offensive player than Duhon.

I would welcome Duhon as well just for the defensive improvement, but jeez we would need a perimeter shooter with him more than ever because I think he is even a worse shooter than Tinsley.

Anthem
06-09-2007, 10:21 AM
I like Jack a lot. I'd be happy with him running the team.

I can't see us moving Tinsley, though, without adding in Granger.

Alpolloloco
06-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I think the asking price for Duhon will be Diogu, who can become their low post threat. I'm not sure I would do that one on one but maybe by extending the deal we could pull it through.

Something like

Ike
Harrison
Greene

for

Duhon
Sefolosha
Bulls 2007 #2 pick

We get some new backcourt players and a pick which we could use to draft a big guy to replace Harrison.

CableKC
06-09-2007, 10:40 AM
I think the asking price for Duhon will be Diogu, who can become their low post threat. I'm not sure I would do that one on one but maybe by extending the deal we could pull it through.

Something like

Ike
Harrison
Greene

for

Duhon
Sefolosha
Bulls 2007 #2 pick

We get some new backcourt players and a pick which we could use to draft a big guy to replace Harrison.
As far as I am concerned....Ike is close to untouchable. I like Duhon...but I don't like him that much. I would llive with McLeod as one of our PG options before doing that trade.

Also...I don't think that they would give up on Sefolosha as well. Besides....Scott Skiles would probably emotionally scar Harrison if he ever coached him.

Kegboy
06-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Wow, you guys are way too high on Chris Duhon.

Anthem
06-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Ike's not untouchable, but I don't see us sending him to the Bulls.

What do you figure would be the asking price for Jack? Last summer I asked and people said he was untouchable.

avoidingtheclowns
06-09-2007, 11:46 AM
well he becomes a little more expendable with sergio's progress. and if they're going after conley or the other PG (was it jarvis??), jack has become expendable. i would feel either one was an improvement, but i guess because of quis' lack of outside shooting, i would probably rank jack a little higher. maybe we could get in on a 3-way where they deal jack/randolph to like the bulls or the hawks. because i'm certainly not interested in zach.

Unclebuck
06-09-2007, 11:48 AM
I've watched Duhon play quite a bit and I always think , I wonder "why he doesn't play more". His defense seems at the very least, very good, I always thought he was a good shooter with three point range. Sure he isn't a playmaker nor does he have a lot of point guard skills, but I've always liked him. Although I don't know if he's a starting caliber NBA point guard.

Last summer, I was pushing the Pacers to go after Jack, I even went to so to post it on a Blazers forum and I was pretty much laughed off. Apparently things have changed out there and he's available.

I looked up Duhon's shooting stats. These are career numbers

Duhon:
36% - 3-pt
78% - FT
39% - FG

Tinsley: just for comparison sake. Tinsley is a much better ball handler, passer, playmaker.
31% - 3-pt
71% - FT
39.7% - FG

avoidingtheclowns
06-09-2007, 12:04 PM
I looked up Duhon's shooting stats. These are career numbers

Duhon:
36% - 3-pt
78% - FT
39% - FG

Tinsley: just for comparison sake. Tinsley is a much better ball handler, passer, playmaker.
31% - 3-pt
71% - FT
39.7% - FG

Jack's Numbers
33% - 3-pt
85% - FT
45% - FG

i thought jack was a better 3-pt shooter than that, this season he shot 35% but the year before it was in the mid 20s.

it is odd that duhon has the highest 3pt % but the lowest FG%

PR07
06-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Jack? Yes

Duhon? Not so much

The problem is, I really don't see what we can offer for Jack unless we want to give up someone like Shawne Williams, and I don't think we will.

Anthem
06-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Jack? Yes

Duhon? Not so much

The problem is, I really don't see what we can offer for Jack unless we want to give up someone like Shawne Williams, and I don't think we will.
I like Shawne a lot.

But if they'd take Shawne straight up for Jack, I'd do that in a heartbeat. There's no way they would, of course. But depending on the cost, I'd be ok adding to that in order to land J.Jack.

Doug
06-09-2007, 01:31 PM
What are they asking for Luther Head?

/Still think we should have taken Dee Brown in the 2nd last year
//I'm a little biased toward those Illini players
///Not sure where this slashy habit came from

Kraft
06-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Jack's stable, sane and reasonably productive? He'd be our third best player. Yikes.

FlavaDave
06-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Portland is looking for a big name small forward. I wonder if we could spin Lamar Odom for Jack.

Hicks
06-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Portland is looking for a big name small forward. I wonder if we could spin Lamar Odom for Jack.

Odom for Jack and a few other pieces, maybe. Jack alone? Yikes.

Anthem
06-09-2007, 01:56 PM
I'd hope so. Starting star forward for a backup PG?

I don't think there's a workable offer there, though, unless we wanted Zach R. back.

PR07
06-09-2007, 02:12 PM
You could add LaFrentz with Jack, whose contract expires the same time as Odom's in two years. Maybe a pick too. I'd probably need some extra incentive for that deal though.

Anthem
06-09-2007, 02:16 PM
You could add LaFrentz with Jack, whose contract expires the same time as Odom's in two years. Maybe a pick too. I'd probably need some extra incentive for that deal though.
LaFrentz and Murphy on the same team? Gag me. That would take a LOT of extra incentive.

PR07
06-09-2007, 02:26 PM
LaFrentz probably wouldn't even play. I wouldn't get him for his play but for his contract because in a year that huge expiring could become a big asset. Like I said though, I'd probably need at least a fairly high pick or another promisng young prospect to go along with this deal.

avoidingtheclowns
06-09-2007, 02:28 PM
if we don't take kwame back, there could be a S&T with magloire. if we're not getting kwame, we could use magloire in the same capacity i suppose. that would also give us the flexibility of moving foster while he still has trade value. i'd be interested in seeing what we could do to get luther head, i don't know if he's starting PG material but he'd be interesting in O'Brien's system. houston may be interested in foster or murphy, given how well they both guard duncan.

grace
06-09-2007, 03:34 PM

Something like

Ike
Harrison
Greene

for

Duhon
Sefolosha
Bulls 2007 #2 pick

Will NEVER happen!

Also...I don't think that they would give up on Sefolosha as well. Besides....Scott Skiles would probably emotionally scar Harrison if he ever coached him.

If by "emotionally scar" you mean :buttkick: and get him to play the way people thought he could when he came out of college then yes, that could happen.

Y2J
06-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Duhon is garbage. 0 interest in him. I don't mind Jack though.

Evan_The_Dude
06-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Call me crazy, but I'd rather trade Granger for Jack than Shawne for Jack. I guess that's just me being higher on Shawne than I am on Danny. But to be honest, I'm not that high on Jack or Duhon. I'm higher on Steve Blake than all of them combined. I believe he's available isn't he?

QuickRelease
06-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Jack is certainly the safer choice, and is a much more rounded offensive player than Duhon.

I would welcome Duhon as well just for the defensive improvement, but jeez we would need a perimeter shooter with him more than ever because I think he is even a worse shooter than Tinsley.

Duhon is actually a pretty good 3-point shooter (.358 career). Far better than Tinsley. Tinsley is probably better at creating his own shot though.

QuickRelease
06-09-2007, 06:47 PM

Something like

Ike
Harrison
Greene

for

Duhon
Sefolosha
Bulls 2007 #2 pick

Are you saying without trading Jermaine? Because if Jermaine goes, this deal leaves you with zero low post presence.

QuickRelease
06-09-2007, 06:53 PM
I like Shawne a lot.

But if they'd take Shawne straight up for Jack, I'd do that in a heartbeat. There's no way they would, of course. But depending on the cost, I'd be ok adding to that in order to land J.Jack.

For Shawne Williams? No way!

LoneGranger33
06-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Call me crazy, but I'd rather trade Granger for Jack than Shawne for Jack. I guess that's just me being higher on Shawne than I am on Danny. But to be honest, I'm not that high on Jack or Duhon. I'm higher on Steve Blake than all of them combined. I believe he's available isn't he?

Yeah, all this talk about Jack is making me nauseous. The Blake guy looked good against San Antonio (in the limited minutes he got). And he was a free agent last I checked. And what about Travis Diener...? Guy ain't worth a shot at all? He's better than Orien Greene.

Anthem
06-09-2007, 09:30 PM
For Shawne Williams? No way!
You wouldn't trade a third-string small forward for a starting point guard?

Explain the logic behind that one.

DisplacedKnick
06-09-2007, 10:01 PM
I'd hope so. Starting star forward for a backup PG?

I don't think there's a workable offer there, though, unless we wanted Zach R. back.

I don't think I'd trade Odom for him either but since when is Jack a backup?

Alpolloloco
06-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Are you saying without trading Jermaine? Because if Jermaine goes, this deal leaves you with zero low post presence.

Yeah I guess a deal consisting of Harrison/Tinsley for Duhon/Sweetney/2007 2nd rnd pick looks better for us.

We finally get rid of Tinsley and get 2 expiring contracts back.

This trade gives us the opportunity to trade JO for either a starting SG or a big C like Bynum.

Kegboy
06-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Skiles would kill Tinsley. Just murder him.

Alpolloloco
06-09-2007, 10:27 PM
So?

Kegboy
06-09-2007, 10:31 PM
So?

I don't see a team making a trade that'll lead to their coach ending up in prison.

CableKC
06-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Blake is a Free Agent....but we're not spending any money and I'm not sure what the Nuggets would want from the Pacers that we can give up in any S&T deal.

BlueNGold
06-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Skiles would kill Tinsley. Just murder him.

I don't want anything to happen to Tinsley, but I would part with a lot of money to see Tinsley in a Bulls Uni taking direction from Skiles.

Kegboy
06-09-2007, 11:01 PM
I don't want anything to happen to Tinsley, but I would part with a lot of money to see Tinsley in a Bulls Uni taking direction from Skiles.

Oh, I believe Tinsley could benefit from a firm hand, but we're talking about the guy who went after Shaq in practice. After 5 minutes Skiles would go Sprewell on him.

As for your viewing pleasure, wouldn't you rather see Tinsley and Phil Jackson in the reality show I've been pimping?

Anthem
06-09-2007, 11:03 PM
I don't think I'd trade Odom for him either but since when is Jack a backup?
I thought the assumption was that he'd be backing up Sergio next year?

Doug
06-09-2007, 11:12 PM
As for your viewing pleasure, wouldn't you rather see Tinsley and Phil Jackson in the reality show I've been pimping?Only if Artest is in the cast.

avoidingtheclowns
06-09-2007, 11:19 PM
can we have jackson, tinsley and artest chauffeured by eddie griffin (http://wcco.com/sports/local_story_338180925.html)?

EDIT: ahhh video... http://wcco.com/sports/local_story_338180925.html

sixthman
06-10-2007, 08:16 AM
You wouldn't trade a third-string small forward for a starting point guard?

Explain the logic behind that one.

He probably thinks Shawne Williams will be a better player in the NBA at his position than Jarrett Jack will be at his. It's not a question of logic, it's a question of whether his evaluation of Williams and Jack are on the money. I'm not sure. Actually I think both will have good NBA careers.

Anthem
06-10-2007, 10:23 AM
He probably thinks Shawne Williams will be a better player in the NBA at his position than Jarrett Jack will be at his. It's not a question of logic, it's a question of whether his evaluation of Williams and Jack are on the money. I'm not sure. Actually I think both will have good NBA careers.
As do I. But we need a point guard, and have forwards coming out our ears.

If they'll have similar careers, you've gotta go with the position where you're weakest.

grace
06-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Yeah I guess a deal consisting of Harrison/Tinsley for Duhon/Sweetney/2007 2nd rnd pick looks better for us.

I'd consider it if I thought there was a chance in hell that they'd listen to the coaches.

Young
06-10-2007, 11:37 AM
I'd like either one.

I don't see how we get Duhon unless it's a future 1rst maybe.

Jack might be avaliable. They do have Serigo but he is still young.

3rdStrike
06-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Why would anyone want Duhon as a starter? He's a terrible shooter by percentage. Tinsley is better, so why wouldn't anyone rather keep Tinsley.

Anthem
06-10-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm still hoping to find a realistic way that we could get J.Jack.

DisplacedKnick
06-10-2007, 06:29 PM
I thought the assumption was that he'd be backing up Sergio next year?

Maybe if they get a new coach - supposedly Nate doesn't like him much.

Slick Pinkham
06-10-2007, 10:01 PM
He's a terrible shooter by percentage. Tinsley is better, so why wouldn't anyone rather keep Tinsley.Because 50% of the plays in any game involve playing defense.

:shrug:

Jack >> Duhon > Tinsley

Slick Pinkham
06-15-2007, 02:41 PM
so one of the reasons Duhon is on the block is his partying ways-- he's no milk drinker!

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/429522,CST-SPT-bull15.article

Party may be over for Duhon

June 15, 2007

BY BRIAN HANLEY bhanley@suntimes.com

Alot of ink has been spilled lately on the possibility of the Bulls trading guard Chris Duhon. So much that if a deal gets done, one might well expect a nationally televised ''C-Du Later'' farewell ceremony at the United Center, replete with Larry King, who was a comical sideshow at Michael Jordan's first retirement party.

Don't get me wrong. I like the guy, but as one Bulls insider said, ''When wasn't Duhon going to be shopped this summer?''

Duhon's ''disappointment'' in being benched by coach Scott Skiles for Game 3 of the conference semifinals against the Detroit Pistons -- after he missed a film session the same week -- matches the disappointment of team officials in Duhon's penchant for partying over the years.

Skiles is said to be as tired of that as Duhon apparently was when he ''overslept'' and missed a practice on New Year's Eve weekend. If that's news to Duhon, it makes two wake-up calls he has missed.

It hasn't gone unnoticed that the three-year veteran is as recognizable at hot spots such as Ontourage and Rockit Bar as he is at the Berto Center, or that his name is as much a staple of bold-type gossip columns as it is the sports section.

That doesn't make Duhon a bad player or bad guy. In fact, the Stand Tall Foundation he founded to help rebuild his hurricane-ravaged hometown of Slidell, La., is an exceptional example of charity work.

Sefolosha's size big plus

It's just that if you like the nightlife, don't be surprised when your boss says it's time to boogie -- particularly when the Bulls believe 6-7 Thabo Sefolosha is set to be a big backcourt upgrade over the 6-1 Duhon.
Instead of sweating the fate of Duhon -- who is entering the last season of a three-year, $9 million-plus contract -- Bulls fans should be watching what the team does with the No. 9 pick in the June 28 draft. Packaging the pick with Duhon and/or others for a veteran inside scorer could be a best-case scenario.

Also watch whether general manager John Paxson signs Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and restricted free agent Andres Nocioni to contract extensions this summer. All of that is of greater importance than whether Duhon and his 7.2 points per game and good assist-to-turnover ratio are moved.

The guess here is Deng's deal gets done quickly once the sides sit down in August.

Gordon, however, might be the headline trade this summer. As the team's leading scorer last season (21.4 ppg), Gordon believes his starting status never again should be in question. Such an iron-clad assurance from Skiles is as far-fetched as the Bulls coach wanting Viktor Khryapa back next season.

No matter the money, Gordon, who started 51 of 82 games last season, likely will look elsewhere for what he envisions as an All-Star future if the Bulls believe he best serves the team by bringing his scoring spark off the bench.

Other important decisions need to be made in the free-agent market, which opens July 1.

Make no mistake, the moves the Bulls make -- or don't make -- this summer will go a long way in determining the team's direction. When the Bulls shocked the NBA world last summer by wooing Ben Wallace from the Pistons with a $60 million free-agent offer, Paxson's plan was to take a run at the conference title in the first two seasons of Wallace's four-year deal.

Pressure keeps growing
And though the company line was that advancing to the second round for the first time since 1998 was significant, Paxson was annoyed when the Bulls didn't show up for the first two games at Detroit. He also wasn't pleased to see a Michael Sweetney sighting for three minutes in Game 2 when the out-of-shape 300-pounder hadn't been off the bench in the previous three weeks.
While hardly the stuff upon which a GM/coach rift is built, the point is, pressure is ever increasing on all involved to win a seventh championship trophy sooner rather than later. Paxson pledged time and again throughout last season that the organization's only goal is to be the NBA's best once again.

That will demand more than a simple tweak or two to the roster this offseason.

With the Pistons still wondering how they coughed up a 2-0 lead to the Cleveland Cavaliers in the conference finals and just how much change they must make as a result; with LeBron James' gang looking like a one-and-done conference champion; and with the old and injured Miami Heat about to start a rebuilding program, there is no better time than now for the Bulls to be bold in their thinking.

Robobtowncolt
06-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Hey, if there's a place where you won't have to worry about a guy partying, it's Indy.

FrenchConnection
06-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Hey, if there's a place where you won't have to worry about a guy partying, it's Indy.

And yet they still seem to find plenty of places to get drunk and stupid...

avoidingtheclowns
06-15-2007, 03:15 PM

yeah, does indy even have nightclubs and such where a player could get in trouble?

pwee31
06-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Duhon is drinking beer at the Cubs game right now.

Anthem
06-15-2007, 04:06 PM
yeah, does indy even have nightclubs and such where a player could get in trouble?
8 Second Saloon?

ChicagoJ
06-15-2007, 04:16 PM

Well, it beats the hell out of actually watching a baseball game.

pwee31
06-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Well, it beats the hell out of actually watching a baseball game.

I'm watching the game on television... I can only watch the Cubs though! Wish I was in Duhon's place right now.!

pwee31
06-15-2007, 04:44 PM
HA! And I just realized Duhon is at the game with JEFF FOSTER?!!! They had another shot of Duhon in the crowd, and I was like... I think I know that guy next to him! It's freakin Feisty himself! That's interesting

Cobol Sam
06-15-2007, 04:45 PM

Yeah and I swear to God thats Jeff Foster that was sitting next to Duhon. Did you see?

ChicagoJ
06-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah, today is probably the last day of lakefront cooling. Starting soon, it will be very hot even in the city, I think.

I was up there for the first of the dugout fights. The beauty of watching the Cubs get blown out at home is that by the time the eighth inning starts, nobody cares about the game anymore and the party is spilling into Wriggleyville.

pwee31
06-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah and I swear to God thats Jeff Foster that was sitting next to Duhon. Did you see?

You are correct

Cobol Sam
06-15-2007, 05:01 PM
You are correct

Let the rumors fly. Or are these guys somehow friends?

Granville
06-15-2007, 05:02 PM

I was watching the game and noticed the same thing. I was interested that they both seemed so pleased that the Cubs had won (high fives, etc.).

pwee31
06-15-2007, 05:07 PM

I'm sure it's possible for them to be friends, a strange pairing though, but of course they could be friends... and apparently ARE

avoidingtheclowns
06-15-2007, 06:23 PM
8 Second Saloon?

i was kidding, as we had two club-related incidents last season